Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Gotta be better to build than a loving thunderfire cannon

If these aren't used as counts-as Thunderfire Cannons from here on out I'll be sincerely surprised.

serious gaylord posted:

That new marine tank owns.

More importantly, Eidolon has a skrillex hair cut.
I'll need to see better/more finished pictures with some paint on it, because it looks like a hodgepodge right now and almost too blocky, even for an Imperial vehicle. Edolon is real neat though, and Perturabo looks just like I pictured he would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
It is the best-looking suit thing of the totally not-anime 40K army I've seen!

...and who is Eidolon? Primarch, or not?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Eidolon_%28Emperor%27s_Children%29 E: not primarch.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Ah, I thought the name was familiar. I've read Fulgrim but it was a while ago.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Gotta be better to build than a loving thunderfire cannon

Tough to say from this angle but I think it looks better, too.
If they're coming out with Blood Angels models on top of all of this... gently caress.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
Eidolon definitely looks amazing. It's too bad he is such a morondoof in the books

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Ive made an list. Its not very good, but it is legal.

Tank Commander: Knight Commander Pask 70
Leman Russ Punisher: sponson multi-meltas 160
Leman Russ Executioner: sponson plasma cannons 185

Veteran Squad: 2× plasma gun; heavy flamer; + 1 Veteran Sergeant 100
Chimera: autocannon 70
Veteran Squad: 2× plasma gun; heavy flamer; + 1 Veteran Sergeant 100
Veteran Squad: 2× meltagun; heavy flamer; + 1 Veteran Sergeant 90
Veteran Squad: 2× meltagun; heavy flamer; + 1 Veteran Sergeant 90

1 Vendetta Gunship 170
Tauros Squadron
Tauros Venator: twin linked lascannon 75
Tauros Venator: twin linked lascannon 75

Leman Russ Squadron
Leman Russ Eradicator: sponson heavy flamers 130
1 Basilisk: camo netting; enclosed crew compartment 155
Manticore 170

1.850 points

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 5, 2015

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

I guess they retconned Eidolon's haircut from a Doom guy buzzcut to skrillex hair

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/6/6b/Lord_Commander_Eidolon.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120507024758

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Well, he IS an emperor's children, so his hair has to be fabulous :gay:

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Forge World make Rogal loving Dorn already jfc

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Corrode posted:

Forge World make Rogal loving Dorn already jfc

We're on what, book 5 and they still haven't made all the primarches from the first book?

That's insane.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Okay, I REALLY want that Tau mech.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Slimnoid posted:

We're on what, book 5 and they still haven't made all the primarches from the first book?

That's insane.

Dorn's not from the first. He was with Perturabo, Alpharius, and Corax.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Apparently the Ordinatus is a 7" template that goes in a line across the table.

My erection is approaching Moola size levels.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Thundercloud posted:

Apparently the Ordinatus is a 7" template that goes in a line across the table.

My erection is approaching Moola size levels.

The model looks kind of meh though.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Dorn's not from the first. He was with Perturabo, Alpharius, and Corax.

I was wrong anyway, they got all the primarches for book 1 and 2, but only Perturabo for book 3 thus far. That's not TOO bad I guess.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

I like the more dynamic poses myself. Some people dig the more stoic stuff though.

Apparently White Scars, Blood Angels and Dark Angels are all in the next book. Poor Space Wolves and 1K Sons :( That puts you at summer next year at the earliest.

Saving the best for last :smug:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Conscript close combat training:

Catachan on anti-tank duty, no big deal:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
What's the megAPC called? Looks kinda like a mini-Leviathan.

Post 9-11 User posted:

Conscript close combat training:

Catachan on anti-tank duty, no big deal:

What was that saying? There are 3 ways to do anything, the right way the wrong way, and the army* way.

* not intended to discriminate between branches of military, stupidity knows no boundaries

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

http://s103.photobucket.com/user/Southern_Badger/media/RPG-Arrow-700x1085_zps54klq5vu.jpg.html

They drew first blood.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The open day was pretty nuts. Some brief highlights:

The new Space Marine vehicle. Its utterly fantastic and is designed so even when built you can take the top off for a super detailed interior. Its a siege transport so the guy who made it was saying how he wants people to use it to smash through fortress/building walls, take the top off and then treat it as a 40k style siege tower. The moving pistons on the doors at the front are particularly great.

Eidolon and the new Tau battlesuit thats warhound-ish size. Owned bones.

Dorn is almost finished.

Some brief lowlights:

The Forgeworld painting competition had maybe 15 entries total, and still the best model didn't win.

Jesus gently caress the stench of some of the people there, I had to step away from the cabinets loads of times to get away from the stench of stale fat neckbeard.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Pierzak posted:

What's the megAPC called? Looks kinda like a mini-Leviathan.

Legion Mastodon Assault Vehicle. It was apparently in Vulkan Lives and Fear To Tread (I didn't read the former and don't remember anything about the latter).

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

muggins posted:

Eidolon definitely looks amazing. It's too bad he is such a morondoof in the books

Was just thinking the same thing, pretty sweet model for a douchebag of a dead character.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

AndyElusive posted:

Was just thinking the same thing, pretty sweet model for a douchebag of a dead character.

He came back to life didn't he?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

He came back to life didn't he?

My mistake, I failed to recall how he became The Risen or whatever.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

AndyElusive posted:

My mistake, I failed to recall how he became The Risen or whatever.

Fabius stitched his head back on.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
So supposedly the Ordinatus is in the AdMech red book. Were they showing off pages or is that just what they were saying?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Hencoe posted:

So supposedly the Ordinatus is in the AdMech red book. Were they showing off pages or is that just what they were saying?

I didnt ask specifically, but its out in a month or so. I'd expect it was in that book.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

This is the walking version of the Skulldozer? That's p neat

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Hm yes we're going to give it a heavy 8 krak missile at BS3, this is surely a balancing factor.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Sulecrist posted:

Legion Mastodon Assault Vehicle. It was apparently in Vulkan Lives and Fear To Tread (I didn't read the former and don't remember anything about the latter).

It was also in the Iron Hands story in the Primarchs; always wondered what it looked like.

Fear to Tread was the Blood Angels nearly being corrupted while fighting a Khorne/Slaanesh combo infecting a star system.

Slimnoid posted:

Hm yes we're going to give it a heavy 8 krak missile at BS3, this is surely a balancing factor.

It's less durable as a Knight and nearly twice as expensive.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Just took a look at the leaked Chaos Knight sheets and they are rather nice, though the god-updates are really expensive. Dirge casters for 5 points can't be beat for a melee knight, though, and being able to reroll Stomps and get d3 etra attacks on he charge (Khorne), Strike at I5 with a D-sword that gain +1 on the d table (Slaanesh) or just plain reroll all 1s to hit (Tzeentch) are all good.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Sephyr posted:

Just took a look at the leaked Chaos Knight sheets and they are rather nice, though the god-updates are really expensive. Dirge casters for 5 points can't be beat for a melee knight, though, and being able to reroll Stomps and get d3 etra attacks on he charge (Khorne), Strike at I5 with a D-sword that gain +1 on the d table (Slaanesh) or just plain reroll all 1s to hit (Tzeentch) are all good.

Well you better post'em, dude. I'm curious to see how badly they hosed it up how well they perform.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Slimnoid posted:

For a superheavy that could have a D weapon or whatever, I think it's perfectly fine. It's not gonna be on every battlefield or anything. Considering a Knight has a heavy 2 battlecannon which is arguably better for taking out masses of infantry and modestly worse at killing vehicles while being about 200 points cheaper, I don't think it's unbalanced at all.

I just looked back at my painting logs over the past two years. Every 8-9 months I decide to paint a bunch of bikes and say "gently caress it, never again" and welp, here I am painting up 6 more Ravenwing dudes.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

SRM posted:

For a superheavy that could have a D weapon or whatever, I think it's perfectly fine. It's not gonna be on every battlefield or anything. Considering a Knight has a heavy 2 battlecannon which is arguably better for taking out masses of infantry and modestly worse at killing vehicles while being about 200 points cheaper, I don't think it's unbalanced at all.

I don't think it's going to see battlefield use anywhere because this

MasterSlowPoke posted:

It's less durable as a Knight and nearly twice as expensive.

is a really important point. It's also a LoW choice, whereas Loyalist Knights are not. Not that there's much in the way of good LoW slots for Chaos, but still.

Meanwhile, Chaos Knights:

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
I dunno, 150 more than a regular chaos knight with questionably shittier armor, but you get that really good gun and daemon and it will not die and all that bullshit, seems fair to me.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

ANAmal.net posted:

I dunno, 150 more than a regular chaos knight with questionably shittier armor, but you get that really good gun and daemon and it will not die and all that bullshit, seems fair to me.

I think if you want IWND and Daemon you can just take the Paladin and the DKoN for 75pts less. The Battlecannon is heavy 2 and will likely hit more models in a shooting phase than the gatling cannon.

More FW shenanigans: the DKoT does not count as Daemon aligned with Tzeentch. :tutbutt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yeah the FW knights are better than the Khrone thing. Too bad because it looks rad as gently caress.

• Locked thread