Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the problem with the dragoon armor is that isn't the tactics ogre set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
What do I lose if I buy the base game and not heavensward? I want to give this a try (and the trial for some reason refuses to work on my pc), and the base game is cheap enough to give it a spin before sinking in.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Hugoon Chavez posted:

What do I lose if I buy the base game and not heavensward? I want to give this a try (and the trial for some reason refuses to work on my pc), and the base game is cheap enough to give it a spin before sinking in.

Making an au ra

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Hugoon Chavez posted:

You won't be able to make an Au Ra for your character's race and that's about it. Everything else about Heavensward is only accessible after you hit level 50 and complete the entirety of the base game's story

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
being a dragonperson. everything else is gated behind 50/the main scenario.

efb

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You won't be able to make an Au Ra for your character's race and that's about it. Everything else about Heavensward is only accessible after you hit level 50 and complete the entirety of the base game's story

Technically leveling past 50 is gated until you buy the expansion (and you hit 50 long before you're done with the base storyline) but you don't really start gaining a significant amount of post-50 experience until HW so it's not that big a deal anyway.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Life is suffering. You'd think they'd give the gladiator looking gear to the gladiators.

About that;

here is the DoW set from the same dungeon.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Opposing Farce posted:

Technically leveling past 50 is gated until you buy the expansion (and you hit 50 long before you're done with the base storyline) but you don't really start gaining a significant amount of post-50 experience until HW so it's not that big a deal anyway.

the msq goes up to 50 so you definitely don't 'have' to be fifty pre-msq completion and it's probably the best way to not go insane doing it

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Failboattootoot posted:

About that;

Don't struggle against the subligar, you're only causing yourself more pain. Embrace it. Become one with the subligar.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Failboattootoot posted:

About that;

Ah, but you still won't be able to roll Need on it and it'd be sub-optimal.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

ApplesandOranges posted:

Ah, but you still won't be able to roll Need on it and it'd be sub-optimal.

Should be tradable, you can buy it off the market board and just glamour it.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Should I save raging strikes for Dreadwyrm trance

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Mordiceius posted:

What'd they nerf?

In Wow you get an instanced housing like area, that you can do dailies for gold. So more alts more dailies x10. People got mad and said they didn't have money to repair, and the gms made fun of him questioning him how he needed 10 alts to support a mains repair bills and how in the hell did he do it before the expansion.

Failboattootoot posted:

About that;

FF14, we sure have alot of nude male armor.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

cathead posted:

Should be tradable, you can buy it off the market board and just glamour it.

Not only is it tradable, there's a version of it (Light Galerus, I think) that doesn't even have class requirements and is level 1, so you can just look like that as anyone.

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
Are there still goons on Cactuar or am I doomed to play the early morning Excalibur roulette?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Tenzarin posted:

FF14, we sure have alot of nude male armor.

It's still not enough though.

It will never be enough.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Fat_Cow posted:

Should I save raging strikes for Dreadwyrm trance

it's not like there's a useful smn thread on ffgoons

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

I'm beginning to think people are treating ffgoons as the new elitistjerks and refusing to go there

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

ilifinicus posted:

I'm beginning to think people are treating ffgoons as the new elitistjerks and refusing to go there

Is that why everyone was always so bad at WoW? I just figured they couldn't read.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

All I want is a BLM hat that makes me look like Vivi from FF9. Is that so much to ask?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
That new dragoon gear looks wicked and every thing else is meh.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

vOv posted:

All I want is a BLM hat that makes me look like Vivi from FF9. Is that so much to ask?

Only if it has a /visor so I can turn it off randomly during dungeons.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Mikemo Tyson posted:

Are there still goons on Cactuar or am I doomed to play the early morning Excalibur roulette?

There's a handful, but we don't really have a meaningful organized presence.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Kwyndig posted:

Only if it has a /visor so I can turn it off randomly during dungeons.

Except you still have the glowing yellow eyes.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

vOv posted:

Except you still have the glowing yellow eyes.

There is SOME kind of effect they do during the BLM questline, for the quest giver, that allows her to actually do the 'shadowed face, glowing eyes' effect. But it's never appeared anywhere else.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

They use the glowing eyes effect on Fray during the 30-50 DRK quests so I'm guessing is just something they don't want to overuse in the cutscenes.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Mikemo Tyson posted:

Transfer your character and bypass the restriction.

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh

Holyshoot posted:

Transfer your character and bypass the restriction.

I don't think that works?

Still, do transfer.

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009

Fancy Corndog posted:

I don't think that works?

Still, do transfer.

It worked for me but then everyone says it doesn't so who knows?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

kojicolnair posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure why people keep saying you can't transfer during restrictions. Worked fine for me.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Well I'm done with 2.1 :toot:

How much further till I get to the Heavansward content?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
2.55 was the last patch before 3.0

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

kojicolnair posted:

It works perfectly fine, I've transferred two separate characters, both during holy poo poo primetime, and neither took more than like ten minutes to resolve.

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh
Could have sworn the restriction stopped me from transferring when I tried doing it, but that was like 7 months ago so it could have changed and also I could be remembering wrong.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I just transferred my dude from the random server my friends picked at release to excalibur today, and the transfer completed in seriously like 2 minutes. I had to stop and double check the email because I thought it was just a notification that the transfer process was started, not that it had already completed and I could log in.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

SirPhoebos posted:

Well I'm done with 2.1 :toot:

How much further till I get to the Heavansward content?

Look through my posts in this thread, I linked a site that shows all the quests per patch.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the msq goes up to 50 so you definitely don't 'have' to be fifty pre-msq completion and it's probably the best way to not go insane doing it

I was actually referring more to all the post-MSQ quests, which you do need to be 50 for. That said, obsessive sidequesting meant I hit 50 well before I reached the end of the story (I think I was just before Garuda when I hit the level cap initially) and because I'm a crazy person I actually went back and leveled another class all the way to 40-something before continuing the story because I'll be wasting all that EXP! and you definitely shouldn't do that, it's a bad loving idea.

Truth
Feb 24, 2005
So how does one actually make a character on excalibur? I would prefer not to pay 18 bucks to transfer my level 10 there, but it seems I can't make a new character either.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Any word on whether the new X-Ethers / X-Potions / Raid food require specialization to craft?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Truth posted:

So how does one actually make a character on excalibur? I would prefer not to pay 18 bucks to transfer my level 10 there, but it seems I can't make a new character either.

get lucky and keep trying early in the morning for a few days

• Locked thread