Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Unfortunately, many people ridicule even the idea of a literal devil or demons as primitive superstition. They believe that in our modern scientific age we can finally do away with such medieval nonsense and its corresponding "witch-hunts."

But is this attitude realistic? Is it unscientific to believe in a personal devil, or is there a preponderance of evidence that suggests his existence? The famed evangelist Billy Graham once remarked, "Why do I believe in the devil? For three reasons. 1. Because the Bible plainly says he exists. 2. Because I see his work everywhere. 3. Because great scholars have recognized his existence."

It is a more logical assumption that Satan really does exist than that he does not... It is not the existence of Satan that should alarm us, but the fact that our contemporaries are so ill equipped to deal with reality on any level, let alone to recognize the fundamental danger.

Eight Arguments for the Devil

Thus, we can suggest eight lines of reasoning to infer the possibility of a real devil and/or the reality of spiritual evil.

the consensus of history and religion

the testimony of practicing occultists

the testimony of former spiritists

the phenomenon of spirit possession

the authority of the Bible

the testimony of Jesus Christ

the hostility to historic biblical Christianity displayed in virtually all spiritistic literature

the destructive power of the occult and the testimony of brilliant thinkers

The Consensus of History and Religion

Belief in Satan and/or a world of evil spirits has been with man throughout his history. It has been an accepted truth for a majority of people in most times and cultures, ancient and modern (e.g., Assyrian, Babylonian, Celtic, Egyptian, Greek, Hebrew, Indian, African, Muslim, Roman, Tibetan, Persian, Chinese, Buddhist, Hindu, Christian, Jain, Japanese, Slavic, etc.). In light of this vast testimony within the canons of history, culture, and religion, the relatively recent assertion of the devil’s lack of existence is less tenable. Modern scientific rationalism has actually explained very little of the height and depth of the universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The Supreme Court last Friday, through an act of judicial tyranny, made sodomy-based marriage a part of the Constitution.

The liberal majority bypassed Congress, the American people, and the Constitution itself by amending it all by themselves. In their benighted view, there is now a fundamental right to same-sex marriage embedded in the Constitution. Not because it's actually there, mind you, but because the Supremes put it there.

Mark my words on this. The ultimate outcome of this unconscionable act is that one day, before too long, it will be officially illegal for Christians to hold public office.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My Day At The Supreme Court

I woke up today with a sick feeling and felt vital life draining out of me.

It was confirmed by the news that 4 JEW judges on our nation's highest bench: Ginsburg, Kagan, Breyer, Sotomayor, voted AGAINST God's creation ordinance of marriage between a man and a woman for the propagation of the human race.

After holding high the Holy Cross all day at Pennsylvania Avenue and 9th as well as at Constitution and Pennsylvania, I felt a strong impetus to go to the Supreme Court.

I arrived at SCOTUS at 3 PM. The rainbow flags were out and the homosexuals (mostly teens, twenty year olds, and, of course, JEWS), were celebrating.

There was a huge sign, held by Jews, which said, "The Bible discriminates against Gays."

I walked up the steps and started slicing the Supreme Court building with the Cross and pronounced an ANATHEMA on it.

I started preaching from St Paul's censure of homosexuality in his Epistle to the Church at Rome, Chapter 1.

"The 4 Jew judges and Kennedy voted against God today," I proclaimed, "and have brought God's displeasure on our country."

I continued, "Ginsburg, Kagan, Breyer, Sotomayor... the same people who crucified Christ are crucifying America."

An ugly Jew in his 60s started opposing me but he could not stop me nor the many who listened to me.

One homosexual young person yelled out to me, challenging me, "Are you hoping we go to Hell?" "Is America going to Hell?" he mockingly smirked.

Then all the homosexuals started laughing.

I got down on my knees and said, "Not if we as a people repent of ALL of our sins."

This totally disarmed them, they were silenced, and prople started coming up to me and thanked me.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Sonia Sotomayor: Latina Jewish Princess

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Volume posted:

My Day At The Supreme Court

I woke up today with a sick feeling and felt vital life draining out of me.

It was confirmed by the news that 4 JEW judges on our nation's highest bench: Ginsburg, Kagan, Breyer, Sotomayor, voted AGAINST God's creation ordinance of marriage between a man and a woman for the propagation of the human race.

After holding high the Holy Cross all day at Pennsylvania Avenue and 9th as well as at Constitution and Pennsylvania, I felt a strong impetus to go to the Supreme Court.

I arrived at SCOTUS at 3 PM. The rainbow flags were out and the homosexuals (mostly teens, twenty year olds, and, of course, JEWS), were celebrating.

There was a huge sign, held by Jews, which said, "The Bible discriminates against Gays."

I walked up the steps and started slicing the Supreme Court building with the Cross and pronounced an ANATHEMA on it.

I started preaching from St Paul's censure of homosexuality in his Epistle to the Church at Rome, Chapter 1.

"The 4 Jew judges and Kennedy voted against God today," I proclaimed, "and have brought God's displeasure on our country."

I continued, "Ginsburg, Kagan, Breyer, Sotomayor... the same people who crucified Christ are crucifying America."

An ugly Jew in his 60s started opposing me but he could not stop me nor the many who listened to me.

One homosexual young person yelled out to me, challenging me, "Are you hoping we go to Hell?" "Is America going to Hell?" he mockingly smirked.

Then all the homosexuals started laughing.

I got down on my knees and said, "Not if we as a people repent of ALL of our sins."

This totally disarmed them, they were silenced, and prople started coming up to me and thanked me.

i love this

we need more stories of this roaming preacher rooting out the Jewish enigma

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

has this guy been reported yet?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

another broken dad :smith:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Top City Homo posted:

has this guy been reported yet?

He reported himself

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/03/politics/wisconsin-man-threatens-to-kill-obama/

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Holy :lol: I hope his arrest gives him a Jesus complex

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
People who believe in crazy poo poo get crazy mad when their childish beliefs are questioned.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_syndrome

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rCgtGgy1Ps

Nickelback Concert
Apr 28, 2015
That's a pretty hosed up dude right there.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Interesting dilemma. Will she continue to ignore the Word of God on healing and only consider man-made medicine as her only option for healing or allow man-made medicine to kill her body more quickly. If the cancer is terminal and no reasonable medical treatment is going to cure her, then why go through the torture of extreme treatments which only promise a scant chance of success? Watching someone die over a longer period of time under such cancer treatments is extremely painful to undergo and to watch. Religious medicine has no Scriptural standing in denying her request.

It's unfortunate that healing isn't taught from the Word of God as it should be taught. Instead, people have been brainwashed into believing that God uses doctors and medicine to heal. The latter is a lie. God gave us healing through Faith in the Covenant wrought by the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus (the) Christ. Faith in God's Word brings miraculous healing. However, the vast majority of those professing to be Christian put their trust in the natural actions of people through medicine and surgical procedures, rather than the Power of God.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The gay agenda was never just about acceptance, love, and tolerance. It was mostly about suppressing beliefs contrary to homosexuality, and more specifically, suppressing God Himself.

While they may convince some people and even some lawmakers, God will never be suppressed. In fact, He is the final authority no matter what man thinks or does. There is no escaping His judgement. It will come due the moment after each person's last breath.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Amazing! I got saved the other day and one of my biggest challenge was moving from pants to modest dresses and skirts. I believe the prophet of this day…has echoed the voice of God. Trousers are an abomination! We will go to hell if we were them. No doubt. Thanks for sharing this.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If I have to hear Obama talk about how we owe Islam and how peaceful his piece of crap Muslims are I'm really going to flip. Lest we forget 9/11 and the beheadings and ISIS and the suicide bombings ect...ect Kill yourself. ANYONE 2016 
Can't wait to have a president talk about Christians in the same light. This country is almost to the point of no return. Thanks everyone that voted for change...enjoy it 

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Volume posted:

Not because it's actually there, mind you, but because the Supremes put it there.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Who are these people who are seemingly friends with a bunch of nutters on Facebook just to take screenshots of them being stupid? I mean, thanks guys, but how do you know these people?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Dzhay posted:

Who are these people who are seemingly friends with a bunch of nutters on Facebook just to take screenshots of them being stupid? I mean, thanks guys, but how do you know these people?

Sorry your grandma and/or mom passed away, RIP

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Christians in the United States have lived charmed lies for 350 years, from the establishment of the Jamestown colony in 1607 to the beginning of the decade in the 1960s. During those years, our nation's Christian heritage was recognized and respected.

But Christianity went on the defensive with the cultural revolution of the 1960s. And since Barack Obama's election in 2008, true Bible-believing Christians have become a persecuted sub-culture within American society.

Hatred toward Christianity in America today is blatant, crude and loud. Just type the word, Christian, into an Internet search engine and see the nature of the critical articles that appear. They are horrific in nature. Christianity is vilified as "what is wrong with America," and Christians are denounced as "intolerant bigots."

[...]

Increasingly, in our nation, it is going to be difficult to live a Christian life without experiencing some form of extreme persecution. Jobs will be lost. Businesses will be destroyed. In fact, the current anti-Christian wave of opinion is so strong, I would not be surprised to see "hate speech" criminalized so that those speaking out against sins like sexual perversion can be put in prison.

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Volume posted:

Christians in the United States have lived charmed lies for 350 years, from the establishment of the Jamestown colony in 1607 to the beginning of the decade in the 1960s. During those years, our nation's Christian heritage was recognized and respected.

Hatred toward Christianity in America today is blatant, crude and loud. Just type the word, Christian, into an Internet search engine and see the nature of the critical articles that appear. They are horrific in nature. Christianity is vilified as "what is wrong with America," and Christians are denounced as "intolerant bigots."

I'd like to see some of these "persecuted" American Christians visit a place like Northern Ireland, where basically everybody is Christian but there is still lots of violence and they literally blow each other up based on their denomination.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Andro Dunos posted:

based on their denomination.

Well, that's what these people mean when they say "True Bible Believing Christians", it's the ultimate no true scotsman.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Does the US Need a Nationwide Exorcism?

In light of the spiritual housecleaning in Mexico in May, clergy weigh the efficacy of exorcising an entire geographic area.

Can — or should — an exorcism be done for the United States, as was done in Mexico this past May?

Cardinal Juan Sandoval Íñiguez, the archbishop emeritus of Guadalajara, performed the rite, together with priests from across Mexico, at the Cathedral of San Luis Potosí in a closed-door ceremony. The purpose: to drive away the evil responsible for skyrocketing violence, abortion and drugs in that predominantly-Catholic nation.

Such “exorcisms … have helped bring awareness that there is such a thing as sin influenced by Satan,” said Msgr. John Esseff, a priest for 62 years in the Diocese of Scranton, Pa., and an exorcist for more than 35 years.

“The devil has much to do with [influencing people in] breaking the law of God,” he said.

But an exorcism over the United States is unlikely, according to Msgr. Esseff.

Instead, he said such action can be done diocese by diocese, and he encourages each bishop to do so. “Every bishop is the chief exorcist of his own diocese,” Msgr. Esseff said. “Anytime anyone with the authority uses his power against Satan, that is powerful. Every priest and bishop has that power.”

During the exorcism of a diocese, Msgr. Esseff explained that the bishop calls on the power of Jesus over every court, every single institution, every individual and every family. “The whole country would have such
power if bishops would exorcise their dioceses.”

In 2013, Bishop Thomas Paprocki of Springfield, Ill., performed a minor exorcism at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Springfield in response to the governor’s signing same-sex “marriage” into law on that day.

The bishop explained that the minor exorcism, which takes place at every baptism and confirmation, is a ceremony to renounce Satan. (A major exorcism is directed at the expulsion of demons or to the liberation of a possessed person.) He said the prayer service was “not meant to demonize anyone,” but was “intended to call attention to the diabolical influences of the devil that have penetrated our culture.”

‘As Faith Diminishes, Superstition Increases’

Father Gary Thomas, pastor at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Saratoga, Calif., and the exorcist for the Diocese of San Jose, said he has seen notable improvements after exorcising homes and when he re-dedicated a church.

However, he is cautious about the idea of exorcising an entire country.

“I’m not really sure about the efficaciousness of that,” he said. “I think there are too many implications we cannot back up if we start saying we are going to exorcise a country.” He also cautioned against making a public announcement when exorcising a geographic area because there is usually backlash in the form of skepticism and ridicule.

“I’m not saying it’s a bad idea — just that, if it’s done, it should be done quietly.”

According to Father Thomas, demonic activity has been increasing in the United States because people are choosing to be dissuaded away from God and opening portals such as New Age and witchcraft that are gateways to the demonic. “When faith becomes thin and Satan and agents of Satan move in, there are going to be effects,” he said.

“It was Pope Benedict XVI who said that as faith diminishes, superstition increases.”

Father Mike Driscoll, chaplain of St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center in Ottawa, Ill., and author of the new book Demons, Deliverance, and Discernment, explained that, in addition to possession, demons can infest a place or thing.

“The average Joe reading this might think, ‘Oh, there must be a bunch of people possessed who need to be exorcised,’” said Father Driscoll, who is a licensed counselor.

“But part of the exorcism ritual is casting out evil spirits, and it includes a blessing for protection of a place.” He said that when demons are driven out, it may not have obvious results to everyone, but it gives God more authority, and priests and laypeople are fortified.

Territorial Battlefield

Father Patrick (not his real name) is a parish priest and also an exorcist for his U.S. diocese. He said that there are differences when exorcising a place rather than a person.

“With a person, an exorcist investigates to identify the true nature of the problems,” he said. “With a place, the exorcist looks at a territorial battlefield where good angels have lost their authority because power has been given over to demons through rejection of God’s authority.”

According to him, exorcising a place is done to re-establish God’s authority. “We want to shift superiority over an area to the angels, but there is still the ground level [response] that needs all the priests to engage in battle too.”

Father Patrick said that he has seen holy priests turn their parishes around when the angels were called upon and God was given authority.

Ultimately, Father Thomas said the battle is fought in each person, since God doesn’t interfere in free will. “If people are not invoking the angelic, they fall away from the faith and live secular lives,” Father Thomas said. “Then what is the optic they [use to] judge how they act?”

Msgr. Esseff also stressed the power of prayer to discern and lead holy lives among laypeople.

“In families, there’s nothing like a parent in prayer. The mother and father should claim their children for Jesus, and they will not lose them.”

He also said people should remember that Jesus said that if two on three agree in prayer, it will be done in heaven (Matthew 8:16): “People do not need to fear, but to trust and respond to God’s love.”

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My 6-Year Old Just Sacrificed 5 People to Satan

Hey all

Have a 6 year old kid, I let him play his ipad on the weekends.

We downloaded this game called GOAT SIMULATOR:

All the info/title page etc look completely harmless, and to be honest we had a lot of fun and laughs playing for several days.

Its VERY FUNNY... you are a goat and can wander around and do all kinds of funny things, jumping on trampolines, flying around with jetpacks and all kinds of hilarious stuff. I really enjoyed it and we laughed a lot playing it, it seemed exactly the kind of game I like; unstructured, free to roam around and explore, lots of secret things to discover, etc

But then one day I was watching him play and he discovered THIS hidden in the trees:

WTF

At first I didn't know quite what to think, but I went to do some research, and it turns out that THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME IS TO CREATE A SATANIC RITUAL!!!!

You have to bring 5 people into this circle and SACRIFICE THEM. As you do this the circle and pentagram start to glow:

Once you get 5 people, you become a SATAN-GOAT:

By the time I figured this out my son was already ahead of me and has completed this, and was running around as the demon goat.

I told him to delete the game and explained exactly why.

THE POINT IS NOT that there is a satanic video game, this is no surprise.

The point is that there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to indicate that the game has any such elements in it until you are deep into the game.

It looks totally innocent, and is marketed as a silly, harmless app for kids that is just fun and silly.

Then they twist and it is 100% Satanic.

That's hosed up, man.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Shadow Men are real, not in your head. They are really there in the corner of your eye, spying on you from behind, always lurking, and these Shadow Men have been seen by drug users and non-drug users alike. Some people are naturally sensitive to the spiritual realm so when that person uses crystal meth, the evil realm explodes into their life.

The thing about Shadow Men is that they aren't men at all. They are demons, written about in the Bible. They are Fallen Angels who chose the path of unrighteousness to follow Satan. They are referred to as "Shadows of Death" in the book of Psalms 23:4: "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil..." Their duty is to roam the earth, helping Satan destroy mankind. Some roam free seeking to devour souls. Others have made homes inside us, gaining power over our every decision, calling themselves the "Legion", amongst many other names. All demons have a particular task and rank.

On crystal meth, your soul and spirit are closer to the jaws of demons. You can see them more clearly, and you're more susceptible to giving into their wishes.

Humans can never become demons. They are a totally different type of being, just like angels. Angels and demons are the same entities, they just serve different masters. "Shadow Men" or "Shadow People" are without a doubt glimpse

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
:nms: http://i.imgur.com/gfiWmK5.jpg :nms:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

:confused:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I haven’t slept well since January, when I first saw him, instantaneously recognized Evil, and loathed him– ll in a nanosecond. When I say “loathed,” I mean, “Me mongoose, him cobra.” Very primal, instinctual stuff. Indeed, I’ve shown elsewhere that “Obama” is an anagram for “Mabus,” Nostradamus’ name for the third anti-Christ, whose profile in Revelation he fits.

BUT, neither he, his vicious wife, nor his puppet masters have come all this way for him to stop when he’s standing on the threshold of the White House.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)

Volume posted:

I haven’t slept well since January, when I first saw him, instantaneously recognized Evil, and loathed him– ll in a nanosecond. When I say “loathed,” I mean, “Me mongoose, him cobra.” Very primal, instinctual stuff. Indeed, I’ve shown elsewhere that “Obama” is an anagram for “Mabus,” Nostradamus’ name for the third anti-Christ, whose profile in Revelation he fits.

BUT, neither he, his vicious wife, nor his puppet masters have come all this way for him to stop when he’s standing on the threshold of the White House.

Not very good at anagrams. Also: a racist.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

If they wanted to keep kids away from D&D they should have explained how it's actually pretty boring and only giant nerds play it and how they would never get laid. Plan backfired! Incidentally the video games based on D&D are usually fun.

I wonder what religious groups say about Magic cards.

• Locked thread