Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I have an american car. it cant be mysterious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

minivans are by their very nature the least mysterious of all cars

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

euphronius posted:

I have an american car. it cant be mysterious.

oh then no just go to your local dude

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kustomkarkommando posted:

the crossover is my wife's car

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Pedovan

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
revised opinion this is the best ff movie for pure insanity

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Literally The Worst posted:

revised opinion this is the best ff movie for pure insanity

told u

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

immediately after i said that special agent the rock killed a drone with an ambulance and then stole its minigun

i love u special agent the rock

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

i feel like i would not enjoy this movie at all

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

the ones on useless don't work and i own world.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

I have not seen the ff movie yet. will it blow me away I won't bother unless it blows me away.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
wait no, i own still life, which is incredible, not world. but world is kind of bad compared to his other movies.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jagchosis posted:

i feel like i would not enjoy this movie at all

im going to say this again the rock saves the day by driving an ambulance off a bridge and crashing it into a drone, then picks up the drone's minigun while declaring that he is the cavalry

if you don't like this movie you are a piece of poo poo

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

I have not seen the ff movie yet. will it blow me away I won't bother unless it blows me away.

i have literally seen all six of these movies at least once if not multiple times (furious 6, the first one, tokyo drift), my expectations were high going in and im dyng

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i found a journal article, unfortunately named Hypermasculinity & Dickwolves: The contentious role of women in the new gaming public, which outlines #gamergate like 2 years before it happened

A. Salter and B. Blodgett posted:

Women within the hardcore gaming public are given tightly bound roles to play and punished for stepping outside of them (Herring, 1999; Taylor, 2006). As other authors have shown, these roles include the woman as sex object, exemplified by booth babes and services that offer virtual ‘‘dates’’ with attractive girl gamers, and women as invisible, jokingly erased through memes like ‘‘There are no women on the Internet’’ or purposefully through self-sublimation of feminine identifiers (Herring, 1999; Taylor, 2006; Taylor, 2012). The third role for women is that of the enemy. This article examines one incident within the gaming publics which clearly brought forth the framing of woman as enemy. Through out the Dickwolves incident, women who spoke out were belittled, verbally assaulted, and harassed from many areas within the hardcore gaming public. From the explicit creation of teams to oppose female voices, the reduction or removal of safe spaces for women to participate in the dominant public, and deliberate reframing of discourse to avoid common ground, women, or feminine supporting others, were made to feel ostracized and unwelcome within the bounds of spaces owned by the dominant public.

In a recent opinion piece, Leigh Alexander (2012) examines the resentment towards the ‘‘hipster developer’’ within gaming development. As Alexander states,

quote:

[ ... ] this group, accustomed to being marginalized as ‘‘geeks,’’ wants to keep its club pristine [ ... ] They had to develop their own society with its own laws in order to feel safe and empowered. Now here we are in the democratic Internet age, an info-overloaded digital world where anybody and everybody gets access to everything and anything, and the boundaries of a secret world get harder and harder to draw.
When online communities engage in contentious discourse about the shared rhetorical identity, some level of anger, frustration, and bitterness is expected. Given the expansion of the gaming community beyond traditional hardcore genres (Juul, 2010), it is not surprising that this contention currently centers on defining identity boundaries within the gaming public, particularly as those coded as outsiders appear to be trying to wrest control of those definitions.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
marx you need to crawl out of that crackhole while you still can

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
:patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Exclamation Marx posted:

i found a journal article, unfortunately named Hypermasculinity & Dickwolves: The contentious role of women in the new gaming public, which outlines #gamergate like 2 years before it happened

the dickwolves thing was in fact incredibly indicative of where poo poo was going

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Volkerball posted:

marx you need to crawl out of that crackhole while you still can

:colbert:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
the only complaint i ahve about ff7 is that the climax isn't as tightly constructed of a set piece as the runway scene in 6

but it's got so many loving ridiculous moments that it succeeds for entirely different reasons

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

didn't gabe of PA sell a bunch of dickwolves shirts at pax after that controversy to spite people

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Literally The Worst posted:

the only complaint i ahve about ff7 is that the climax isn't as tightly constructed of a set piece as the runway scene in 6

but it's got so many loving ridiculous moments that it succeeds for entirely different reasons

read this as a gamefaqs post

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Berke Negri posted:

didn't gabe of PA sell a bunch of dickwolves shirts at pax after that controversy to spite people

not at pax, they sold them on the website and then banned the shirts from pax afterwards and pulled the shirts from the store

for a minute it looked like they learned their lesson and then they did a q&a a year or two ago at pax and khoo asked them what they thought their biggest mistake w/r/t PA was

gabe said pulling the shirts

because he's a loving idiot

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
has Donald Trump backed down on his "Mexican rapists" comments yet, or is he in total-bore rear end in a top hat mode still?

well, he's always in total-bore rear end in a top hat mode, but you know what I mean

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

isn't gabe a functionally illiterate beanpole white boy

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
The only thing that is good about summer is that women wear cute dresses, I'm not a pervert though

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Berke Negri posted:

isn't gabe a functionally illiterate beanpole white boy

idk about functionally illiterate but he is a colossal moron who thinks anything negative is bullying

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
where does fast eight go from here

i hope its aliens

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Berke Negri posted:

read this as a gamefaqs post

I was really trying hard to think about what part of final fantasy 6 could possibly be a "runway scene"

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
fast and furious will never be ff7

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Volkerball posted:

the ones on useless don't work and i own world.

for useless click the close caption button on youtube, it has the english subtitles

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I am real sweaty

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

what the gently caress is going on in the world cup guys jesus

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

I am real sweaty

quoting this for future evidence that kkk participated in an ira terror attack

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
its like watching Midway! I love this game!!!

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Jagchosis posted:

quoting this for future evidence that kkk participated in an ira terror attack

I JUST LIKE SHUFFLING CARDS

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

V. Illych L. posted:

what the gently caress is going on in the world cup guys jesus

if you mean japan getting 2 points

Jagchosis posted:

maybe japan is playing like a nailbiting anime and they'll surge back to winning after they discover either the power of friendship, yuri, or magick

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

my only reservation with this game is that it's making migf happy

so if the entire american team could spontaneously combust that'd be ok

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

yeah it was sort of a pity that the US scored four goals in the first fifteen minutes, it removes a lot of tension from the match. aesthetics have been p good, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

V. Illych L. posted:

aesthetics have been p good, though

stop ogling the women

• Locked thread