Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Saw this on Nathan Fielders twitter earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Isn't that time-frame Generation Y?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
There's basically 15 years of overlap between every generation. Compare Gen X, Gen Y, and Millennials. I almost fall into all 3.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

WarpedNaba posted:

Isn't that time-frame Generation Y?
Generation Y is Millennials.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Flipperwaldt posted:

Yes, this. If you had come to the meetings you would have known we changed our name.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Flipperwaldt posted:

Yeah I thought I was Generation Y until a few years ago but I guess that doesn't exist anymore.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

stringball posted:

My Canadian friend told me rob ford was actually good aside from the crack use

He spent a not insignificant amount of money removing bike lanes from the city entirely out of spite. He's aggressively shitheaded.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

stringball posted:

My Canadian friend told me rob ford was actually good aside from the crack use

He's good if you're down with a racist, homophobic, alcoholic, wife-beating hypocrite as an elected official. (His brother / co-mayor is a shitheel too)

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Flipperwaldt posted:

Wouldn't it make more sense for Millennials to be born, say, after the turn of the Millennium?

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

WarpedNaba posted:

Wouldn't it make more sense for Millennials to be born, say, after the turn of the Millennium?

That sounds like something you stupid, spoiled millenials would say. No wonder you dickheads can't afford education or housing. :jerkbag:

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

PYF Funny Pictures: Gen Y and Millenials are the same thing!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

NESguerilla posted:

Yeah I thought I was Generation Y until a few years ago but I guess that doesn't exist anymore.

Milennials rightly claimed the title so they could claim some self-importance of their own in the wake of the Baby Boomer and Gen-Xers own sense of self-importance instead of being labelled Gen-X's annoying little brother.

WarpedNaba posted:

Yes, but we drive on the parkway and park in the driveway so poo poo be freaky yo

mind the walrus has a new favorite as of 04:41 on Jul 6, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
I'd push Millenials out to 1990. They came of age after some serious bellwether events like Columbine, Internet ubiquity, and 9/11.

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

Clitch posted:

They came of age

Untrue.

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

PYF Funny Pictures: Gen Y and Millenials are the same thing!

I haven't read that McCullough book yet! Sounds more interesting than the goddamn Brooklyn bridge one.

Preemptive e: the Brooklyn bridge McCullough book was actually awesome.

Real edit: dude is actually McCullough's son!

Two Free Toppings has a new favorite as of 05:04 on Jul 6, 2015

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

As a Millenial, I can attest that I am basically a fart doing, dick joke loving, teenage angst filled 15 year old trapped in an aging body.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

FadedReality posted:

As a Millenial, I can attest that I am basically a fart doing, dick joke loving, teenage angst filled 15 year old trapped in an aging body.

As a millenial, your body is by definition not old enough to be considered 'aging'

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

FadedReality posted:

Well, I'm turning 41 this year and this also kind of describes me, so I think that's just "male" and not necessarily a generational thing.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Bart Fargo posted:

Well, I'm turning 41 this year and this also kind of describes me, so I think that's just "male" and not necessarily a generational thing.

The day farts and dongs quit being funny is the day I don't want to be alive anymore.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Bart Fargo posted:

I am sure that when the previous generation was my age, they would meet and talk about economy issues, art and literature.

Whilst wearing hats and moustaches.

I talk about poo, farts, willies and how stupid the younger generation looks with fedoras and neckbeards.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

If you can remember life before the internet was an everyday, household thing, you're not a millenial. hth.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
^^ Thanks to years of alcohol abuse I can't even remember yesterday so I'm sorted.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The day farts and dongs quit being funny is the day I don't want to be alive anymore.

Oh man, that's tomorrow. Hang in there buddy they'll be funny again the day after.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I was just at Roskilde Festival and stayed in a camp where the average age was over 30. Some young dude came over on Saturday and complained that we'd been ad-libbing semen into popular songs for 3 hours now and he'd like us to please stop. Kids these days.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Birb Katter posted:

Oh man, that's tomorrow. Hang in there buddy they'll be funny again the day after.

OH poo poo it's already tomorrow in Japan, we should test this. Any goons in Japan? Are dongs and farts still funny over there? :dong:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Trent posted:

OH poo poo it's already tomorrow in Japan, we should test this. Any goons in Japan? Are dongs and farts still funny over there? :dong:

Australia's in the same time zone and we can confirm that dick and fart jokes are still bloody hilarious :australia:.

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

Forgot I had this https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/snake people-to-snake-peop/jhkibealmjkbkafogihpeidfcgnigmlf installed.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

If you can remember life before the internet was an everyday, household thing, you're not a millenial. hth.

I not too long ago read an article that used this metric as the key identifier for my weird transitional age demographic where we were on both sides of that phenomena. They called our fiveish year span the "Oregon Trail Generation"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I was born in 89 but my parents were pretty early adopters so I had internet early, even if it was dialup. Not that I did anything on the internet, I was too busy playing doom and megarace. I definitely played a lot of Oregon trail in school.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Australia's in the same time zone and we can confirm that dick and fart jokes are still bloody hilarious :australia:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMJsqXzz5zs

Testing.

Yes, farts are still funny.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9GU4P-1AWI

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

They're just so tired from holding farts in all day.

ClothHat
Mar 2, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT MY LOVE OF THE LUMPEN-GOBLITARIAT
protip: trust no links I post

radiatinglines posted:

I was born in 89 but my parents were pretty early adopters so I had internet early, even if it was dialup. Not that I did anything on the internet, I was too busy playing doom and megarace. I definitely played a lot of Oregon trail in school.

Hmmm tell me more.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I definitely started off no internet, but early on when we first got internet I remember there was a particular point after I had been online for a few months that I thought "Welp, I guess I've pretty much seen everything I want to see on the internet. Might as well get my parents to cancel our access."

That, and I remember the days when they sold phone-book style indexes that just listed internet addresses. Cause there was still so few sites, that was a viable option.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I remember when I hit my 50MB monthly limit and had to debate with myself if it was worth the huge expense to keep using the internet that month with the excess fees or to change my plan.

But I thought, how often am I likely to download 50 entire megabytes of stuff? There's just not that much interesting stuff on the internet.

Listening to community radio nerd programmes on 3RRR where they carefully spelled out the URL of sites to visit :allears:

Aitch, tee, tee, pee. Colon. Forward slash. Another forward slash. Now double you, double you, double you.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 18:08 on Jul 6, 2015

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

spog posted:

I am sure that when the previous generation was my age, they would meet and talk about economy issues, art and literature.

Whilst wearing hats and moustaches.

I talk about poo, farts, willies and how stupid the younger generation looks with fedoras and neckbeards.

Is this a real post

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Gorilla Salad posted:

I remember when I hit my 50MB monthly limit and had to debate with myself if it was worth the huge expense to keep using the internet that month with the excess fees or to change my plan.

50MB? Such decadence! Some of us had to worry about our Compuserve fees piling up by the minute.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Choco1980 posted:

I not too long ago read an article that used this metric as the key identifier for my weird transitional age demographic where we were on both sides of that phenomena. They called our fiveish year span the "Oregon Trail Generation"

That's an absolutely worthless demographic title. People played Oregon trail, on the same awful computers, from like 1980 to like 2000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

If you ask my wife, she'll tell you that sleeping in the same room with me sounds much the same as this video.

• Locked thread