Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Don Corneo
Nov 5, 2004
Hohi Hohi

Branis posted:

My department has gone a month or more without arresting anyone, so court is rarely a problem.

I've only been on a couple weeks and I've already done 3 arrests myself. That sounds easy as hell.

Our schedule is kind of tough because we rotate day-night within each set. 0630-1830, 0630-1830, 1730-0500, 1730-0500, and then 4 days off. The nice part is you get about 24 hours off when switching from days to nights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Soooo many fireworks complaints already. Telling people it's a federal offense really does make them stop right quick.

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
I'm moving to a 1500-0100 shift so that may be a good change. I ended up on traffic detail for six hours today so that was a joy. I have that headache from when you get too much sun and not enough liquids. I'm counting the days till my big August vacation.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Lol if you worked today

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Lol if you worked today

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Lol if you work

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Lol if you worked today

All hands on deck, days off canceled

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Untagged posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz52s2dPGZY

Bunch of DISARM NYPD babies run to hide behind the NYPD for protection from some bikers who don't appreciate them burning the American flag.

Should have let the bikers through :smuggo:.

Burning the flag is cool and good. Those pussies did a terrible job of it though 1/10

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Burning the flag is cool and good. Those pussies did a terrible job of it though 1/10

Best part is they specifically used a small grill because they knew open burning was against the law. So they GRILLED THE FLAG MANNNN.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Did they at least use A1 sauce cuz gently caress you if you don't like A1 sauce.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Lol if you worked today

Suck my d

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

F T B.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
Wait, so you guys consistently work the same shift on a regular basis? I have a 5 week rotating roster with duties all over the place and I still haven't gotten used to it three years later

My shifts, all 10 hours apart from one or two. http://i.imgur.com/eAqGNK2.png

Hezzy fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jul 5, 2015

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
I work 10 hour days with the same 3 day "weekend" every week, all the time. Shift bid is once yearly.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Independence Day has destroyed me since I'm working 3 12 hours and one 15 hour day because company personnel get a 4 day weekend but contractors get dick. So if you have a union thank Allah.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Our patrol shifts work rotating 12hr shifts, 2 on / 2 off with 3 day weekends

Mon/Tues 0600-1800 then fri/sat/sun 1800-0600 then wed/thurs 0600-1800 etc, etc

It's pretty baller since you get a 3 day weekend every other week and you never get burned out on days/nights since it's always changing & you never work more than 3 in a row.

I have two shifts, mon-fri 0600-1400 & 1400-2200. Once a month I'm on call for the the weekend and the 2200-0600 shift (which is dead anyway)

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

Hezzy posted:

Wait, so you guys consistently work the same shift on a regular basis? I have a 5 week rotating roster with duties all over the place and I still haven't gotten used to it three years later

My shifts, all 10 hours apart from one or two. http://i.imgur.com/eAqGNK2.png

Same, besides minimum 10 hour breaks, my shifts are all over the place. It does keep things interesting and 5 days off every now and then is cool. But loving with your body clock so often sucks and I swear I get sick more often because of it.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
apparently Shia LaBeouf has been out in South Dakota just hanging out with people in pine ridge.

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2015/07/shia-labeouf

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Branis posted:

apparently Shia LaBeouf has been out in South Dakota just hanging out with people in pine ridge.

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2015/07/shia-labeouf

sorry

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Actual cannibal, Shia Labeouf.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mike-o posted:

Actual cannibal, Shia Labeouf.

cannibalize my balls bitch

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

he doesnt do petit hors d'oeuvres

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

krispykremessuck posted:

:holymoley:

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

3 more shifts until day shift can kiss my rear end and I go back to nights! Also getting a brand new patrol car this week. drat it feels good to be a gangster.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

I am at my wits end chasing fireworks complaints. It's Sunday night for fucks sake give it a break people and go to sleep.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Only if the hair on your junk is like your beard.

:wink:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

krispykremessuck posted:

:golfclap:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

krispykremessuck posted:

lol

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

Cop gay. So What posted:

I am at my wits end chasing fireworks complaints. It's Sunday night for fucks sake give it a break people and go to sleep.

How many were gun shots? Alternatively can you scan chicago PD and listen to them take 80 shots fired calls in a weekend?

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Cop gay. So What posted:

Easy

Dispatch: Respond to all South 400 blocks in reference to fireworks
Me: "Clear, I'll give extra patrol, 10-8"

And then don't even bother going by. That's what I do every year.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

You don't understand small towns. The neighbors who call do have scanners and do look out their windows to ensure we're going where we're called to and will complain if they think we didn't handle something to their satisfaction.

I am far enough away from Chicago for it to be irrelevant what happens on their radio. Their statewide broadcasts barely reach my cars emergency radio, and even then they don't broadcast much on the statewide channels. I do listen in on broadcastify or police scanner apps every now and then.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

krispykremessuck posted:

sorry i dont speak french bullshit

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

How small of a town do you work in?

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Lol if u respond to shots fired calls on Fourth of July weekend

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

http://www.policeone.com/officer-shootings/articles/8634542-Video-Ariz-shootout-injures-two-cops-kills-suspect

Legit video. Talk about good officer survival mentality.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
lol Shot in the butt.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Why don't you guys use encrypted radios? I know you like making fun out of our beautiful brick radios but joe bloggs can't just buy a scanner off the internet and listen to my having radio sex / ordering my lunch on my handheld.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
Brass in the US like to jerk each other off about interoperability so agencies can help one another is the only reason I can think off.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Why don't you guys use encrypted radios?

$$$$

We don't even have a CAD system I literally keep a notepad in my squad to write down addresses and details when I get a call over the radio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Branis posted:

Brass in the US like to jerk each other off about interoperability so agencies can help one another is the only reason I can think off.

My radio works with every force in the UK. I can (if I knew when he was on) change over to Hezzy's channel and stalk him and then move back to mine in seconds. I can MMS people, get tracked by GPS, make normal phone calls. Although sadly there is no camera yet so I still have to use my personal phone to sext superiors.

Cost is a fair point though, apparently something like 100 million a year is spent on our radio system.

• Locked thread