Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

if you've votekicked dozens of people i think you might be caring about some weird poo poo because i've votekicked like 2 people across like 250 dungeons

I had to votekick a healer out of a Vault run yesterday because they were wiping us on the last boss constantly and I still feel bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

Cabinet posted:

I had to votekick a healer out of a Vault run yesterday because they were wiping us on the last boss constantly and I still feel bad.

This is awful too because that boss is a right fucker as the healer, he shits so much damage out and the mechanics are so punishing that all it takes is a mistake with the holy chains debuff and you usually lose someone.

E: not that I blame you for kicking someone if they just couldn't get it, but drat that boss is rough sometimes.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Got 60 SMN today. God drat there are a lot of adds on the bosses in Fractal and Neverreap that are a pain in the rear end to deal with as a summoner, aren't there. At least not without holding stacks for forever and a day and using Painflare, which isn't that great in those situations, really. :(

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Fridurmus posted:

This is awful too because that boss is a right fucker as the healer, he shits so much damage out and the mechanics are so punishing that all it takes is a mistake with the holy chains debuff and you usually lose someone.

E: not that I blame you for kicking someone if they just couldn't get it, but drat that boss is rough sometimes.

My main reason for feeling bad is that they were legitimately trying but we had literally 15 minutes left. Worse again was that we were all new to the dungeon.

We got a new healer and one shot it though. Doesn't make me feel less bad.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Does anyone know if there's a better way to scroll through targets when playing on PS4? Sometimes there are so many enemies and friendlies on screen that I accidentally end up scrolling through other players before finding a mob to start hitting.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Verisimilidude posted:

Does anyone know if there's a better way to scroll through targets when playing on PS4? Sometimes there are so many enemies and friendlies on screen that I accidentally end up scrolling through other players before finding a mob to start hitting.

R2 or L2 plus L1/R1 will cycle left and right through them, L1+Dpad Up/Down goes through the enmity list.

Eccles
Feb 6, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

R2 or L2 plus L1/R1 will cycle left and right through them, L1+Dpad Up/Down goes through the enmity list.

You can also take a look at target filtering under character configuration.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Ciaphas posted:

Got 60 SMN today. God drat there are a lot of adds on the bosses in Fractal and Neverreap that are a pain in the rear end to deal with as a summoner, aren't there. At least not without holding stacks for forever and a day and using Painflare, which isn't that great in those situations, really. :(

Tri-Disaster the add in the middle. Bane. Problem solved.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Halatali NM, me levelling my BLM for The Professional title. SCH healer put themselves on follow on me, and told me to keep up behind the tank, so they could AFK. Because they were doing us all a favor by being there.

/angrynerdmode on

Cue me doing my level best to DPS at the very limits of my range, using the leash distance of SCH and SCH's fairy to leave fairy just outside of range for healing. And to lock fairy and SCH outside of the first boss's door. Got kicked, sent a report.

Have a screenshot for funsies:

("friend" doesn't make any sense in this context, this was a DF group, I didn't know any of them. Except you, Zyra Zephyr. Now I know you. gently caress you.)

I have actually met this scholar in duty finder, lmao

Cabinet posted:

I ran into a group of four in Titan EX that was intentionally wiping runs by aiming Titan towards the group and they had a party so they couldnt get kicked. It was pretty weird, imho!

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Has anyone had problems trying to get Heavensward on ps4 registered on their account? Redeemed the code but was given no chance to add it on Mog Station.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I just started playing a few days after EA and it automatically prompted me to add it to my account at some point before getting in-game.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

I just started playing a few days after EA and it automatically prompted me to add it to my account at some point before getting in-game.

Weird. I do remember that when I registered my ARR code months ago but never got such a thing for HW.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.
Question about macros:

Are all macros considered bad or just ones used to chain GCD abilities? Like if I wanted to make a macro that used a normal attack on the GCD, but also used a minor cooldown off the GCD in the same macro?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

What would you do if you wanted to use the cooldown without using the GCD skill?

faptown
Dec 6, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Halatali NM, me levelling my BLM for The Professional title. SCH healer put themselves on follow on me, and told me to keep up behind the tank, so they could AFK. Because they were doing us all a favor by being there.

/angrynerdmode on

Cue me doing my level best to DPS at the very limits of my range, using the leash distance of SCH and SCH's fairy to leave fairy just outside of range for healing. And to lock fairy and SCH outside of the first boss's door. Got kicked, sent a report.

("friend" doesn't make any sense in this context, this was a DF group, I didn't know any of them. Except you, Zyra Zephyr. Now I know you. gently caress you.)

This guy is on the same server as me (Lamia) and yeah he's a major rear end in a top hat outside of dungeons too.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

pandaK posted:

If I bought ARR a year ago off Amazon, can I just buy Heavensward from SE's official site or are the product keys different? I also put the game's .exe onto Steam as a non-Steam game, but Mog Station didn't change it to a Steam version. I'm only wary since someone here said they did the same thing and got hosed by their version getting changed on them.

Here's what Mog Station tells me. Buying the SE version of Heavensward should be alright, right?

Couple of pages back but

only thing playing an .exe through Steam does is enable Steam overlay on that program. You could play Solitaire through Steam if you'd like. This has nothing to do with the Steam version of FFXIV client. Only way to have a Steam client is to buy a Steam code either through Steam or someone selling Steam keys. This is likely what that person who got hosed did: bought a Steam key from a 3rd party store. Steam client is treated as a separate PC platform (like Mac) so it requires buying a Heavensward Steam license as well.

If you didn't have to activate your key bought from Amazon on Steam, your license is 99.99% likely the regular Windows client. Buy HW from SE's official site.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Not crappy version of the Alex preview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZBTVjhKr5E

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Finally hit level 60!

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Dukka posted:

Oooo I really want to play that, looks cool.
Hit 50 on my Dragoon, and finished the 2.0 content. Now to do a ton of hard mode dungeons! Wheeeeeeeeee.
On the up side I look like across between Batman, TRON, and somebody's anime knife collection.

Dreadwroth fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jul 6, 2015

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Fister Roboto posted:

What would you do if you wanted to use the cooldown without using the GCD skill?
It's a cooldown I don't mind having up all the time. It's inconsequential enough that I can't think of a specific situation where I'd want to save it.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Is Brayflox supposed to be a step up with tanking? I just go there and it felt like everything was hitting pretty hard.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

slev posted:

Is Brayflox supposed to be a step up with tanking? I just go there and it felt like everything was hitting pretty hard.

Yes.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dukka posted:

That armor design. :swoon:

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Dukka posted:

That music. :allears:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

slev posted:

Yes.

Brayflox is the first dungeon where it can guarantee that everyone is high enough level to have a soul crystal; Haukke goes up to 31, but it opens at 28, so it's possible to do it without being high enough level to get one yet. As a result, it's the first one that pushes people into their class roles a little more, which is most noticable for healers and tanks.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Dukka posted:

Man those weapons looks pretty cool.

Except the Machinist one. :suicide:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mordiceius posted:

Finally hit level 60!

This man/woman is playing the game right

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Prism posted:

Yes.

Brayflox is the first dungeon where it can guarantee that everyone is high enough level to have a soul crystal; Haukke goes up to 31, but it opens at 28, so it's possible to do it without being high enough level to get one yet. As a result, it's the first one that pushes people into their class roles a little more, which is most noticable for healers and tanks.

Up until 3.0 it was also very awkward to do with a SCH healer, because before 3.0 SCH had no Esuna equivalent in that dungeon.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

oh what's that, it's just people tackling the most current content in the game with nothing more than respect for each other, dedication, and a shared, genuine desire to git gud

Cid's Angels, the catch up linkshell, has surpassed some genuine statics in tackling progression content. And while there's no way for this to not come off as self aggrandizing, the fact of the matter is that the membership of this silly linkshell is stellar, and continues to amaze and surpass expectations every day, thanks to both the experienced players helping the scrubs out, and the scrubs being so curious and ready to learn.

And with Alexander raiding making it ever kinder to swap people in and out of progression groups without hurting loot drops and etc, I expect us to get better and better.

The gist is that high end raiding in this game is freaking fun as heck, and the more people we get doing it, the more fun and success is shared by all, regardless of whether they can fit into a static's schedule or not.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.
What does everyone do with their poetics? Can I turn them into gil or are they strictly for glamour/gearing other jobs?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

vanbags posted:

What does everyone do with their poetics? Can I turn them into gil or are they strictly for glamour/gearing other jobs?

Strictly for gearing other jobs and glamouring. Mostly glamouring, some of the weapons in particular look really cool and have unique animations when you unsheathe them.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

faptown posted:

This guy is on the same server as me (Lamia) and yeah he's a major rear end in a top hat outside of dungeons too.

Why does your server continue to tolerate his existence.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Line Feed posted:

Man those weapons looks pretty cool.

Except the Machinist one. :suicide:

if the Aetheric Manipulator on your hip and the Turrets changed with new weapons itd be a bit cooler but idk

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Begemot posted:

Strictly for gearing other jobs and glamouring. Mostly glamouring, some of the weapons in particular look really cool and have unique animations when you unsheathe them.
I can't seem to find the weapons for sale, only the armor from Auriana. Is there not a vendor that sells the weapons for a flat exchange of poetics?

Oneavi
Dec 10, 2011

Boxbot was head of security.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Why does your server continue to tolerate his existence.

:ironicat:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Prism posted:

Yes.

Flox doesn't gently caress around, it introduces tank busters on the first pull and ends with a boss that regenerates if it's not kited out of the AoE.

vanbags posted:

I've been buying and vending armor because I've already geared up all my level 50 classes and probably won't have another at that level for awhile.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Prism posted:

Yes.

It also assumes you have a status cure, which baby scholars did not at that point before 3.0. They had also been DPS up until that point. It was...a jarring first-ever dungeon to heal. :stare:

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
These allagan tomestone of poetics you get from dungeons and beast dailies are used only for getting some gear right? Would the main quest give me equivalent power gear or should I go ahead and buy a piece or two. I've only recently hit 50.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

slev posted:

It's the first dungeon to ask everyone in the group to pay more attention than usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

SwissArmyDruid posted:

/angrynerdmode on

You should have vote kicked him for being afk after the first boss. Your dumb group that vote kicked you probably would have hit yes.

• Locked thread