Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Yo Xeirak I got somethin for you when your ban is up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:aaaaa:

:vince:

:f5:

July 17th can't come soon enough!

Arakan
May 10, 2008

After some persuasion, Fluttershy finally opens up, and Twilight's more than happy to oblige in doing her best performance as a nice, obedient wolf-puppy.
On red server my shaman is 58 with epic parked at bear pits if anyone wants to come down there and level with me at some point. Name is Crisk.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

GLUFRU posted:

Sounds like a plan, I'm gonna try to get in on this as well. Never rolled on red before, is it worth going tank/rogue/cleric and hope to find groups post 50 or is it better to stick with a class that can solo?

I suggest just playing what you like, but keep in mind you'll have a hard time getting your feet on the ground with certain classes because the gear costs a lot and they don't have any decent ways to farm. The server pop is pretty low so it also helps a lot to have a port character. I highly recommend rolling a character to farm with before rolling certain classes (war, sk, monk namely) but if you're particularly masochistic you can make it happen. Druid's the best character for this if you can stand playing one. EXP comes surprisingly fast on red server, and rolling characters like level 40 throwaway druids to give the info out and have your friends port you around on doesn't even really take a lot of time to do. Any leveling before 50 is a cakewalk on here.

By the way, powerlevel got delayed a bit, probably until next week unless my static trio burns out on 50+ leveling. I'm not the one doing the bard swarming this round, just a recipient, but I'll do my best to keep you all posted. It will happen I promise <3

Limiting factor/main reason for the delay being that we keep breaking the Dreadlands and Burning Woods zones slowing down our 50-60 push and attracting PK twink macroquest users who don't appreciate the fact that we're breaking the Dreadlands every night.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jun 24, 2015

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I feel like monk is an ok choice at least compared to warriors or shadowknights, because they get an inherent AC buff and their fists also do decent damage and become magical at 30. A naked monk can still fight and mend and bandage his way to solo victory. My thought was to level a monk and farm halfling guards or something similar to get the plat I need for items and/or blue plat for my necro.

That said, I'd always wanted a high level wizard as well even though they aren't the best caster class. If I can get one PL'd to 50+ then I can easily start quadding money mobs like seafuries or hill giants. Also the porting would be very helpful for myself and other goons that play on Red.

vvv :glomp:

Siets fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jun 24, 2015

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Siets posted:

July 17th can't come soon enough!

Saw em in the tunnel yesterday for 400p. I remembered you sayin how much of a hassle they are so i looked it up and read all the rhonium bullshit so i figured i better grab em :unsmith:

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

What happened to Indignation? I saw they weren't raiding anymore on the forums.

Cat Pilot
Jan 29, 2003

Pratan posted:

What happened to Indignation? I saw they weren't raiding anymore on the forums.

No clue. I guess I could text Marhault or someone and ask. I kinda haven't been logging on, except sporadically, for the last 4-5mo.

edit: "They all went to Asgard". Okay there's your answer.

Cat Pilot fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jun 24, 2015

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
The flood of people to larger/more successful guilds in anticipation of Velious pixels is pretty entertaining even if it's not particularly surprising. Rampage is going to be able to field multiple raids at this rate.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

aparmenideanmonad posted:

The flood of people to larger/more successful guilds in anticipation of Velious pixels is pretty entertaining even if it's not particularly surprising. Rampage is going to be able to field multiple raids at this rate.

There's probably 5 or 6 R and C guilds that if/when all their inactives log back on for Velious could all do so. This is why Velious will be the same poo poo-show Kunark is.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Why don't they open up a 2nd blue server and offer transfers to it? I've seen people begging for this basically since I started playing on P99 and the staff never really comment on it.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004
The engine, code A855, has a cast iron closed deck block and split crankcase. It uses an 8.1:1 compression ratio with Mahle cast eutectic aluminum alloy pistons, forged connecting rods with cracked caps and threaded-in 9 mm rod bolts, and a cast high

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Naw, normal prime time numbers are 50-60 still. Rumors are Asgard is going to merge with Foreskin. A couple of Asgardians helped them watch us collect vp loots this morning.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Having fun running around Innothule on red with my SK. It's nice to have mobs to kill.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Red server has some really nice players on it. Today I was in a small Kurn's group. Two additional dudes showed up, but they were a couple levels too short to get exp (my new monk was 18.) I decided "ah what the hell, I've been lucky with groups so far, let these guys have a go and catch up and then we can all have fun together." They didn't want to take my spot but I insisted they have it and went about soloing some blue skeletons in the basement. An hour later, turns out one of those players that I let have my spot had a high level alt. He came all the way from mainland Antonica down to Kurn's and gave me a free Wu's Quivering Staff because he was so impressed that I was willing to step out for him and his friend.

So yep, good times on Red again!

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Latege do you still play? I need something like 6 or 8 of the magic resist bracers for my alts and my friends could probably use a few sets as well. shoot a tell to anime/robocop/hardon/blackzilla if you see me online!

By the way if anyone on red is wondering where goons are playing, I've been in <TMO> since they moved over from blue and I've had nothing but awesome times with these guys. They're still in the leveling phase and I don't think there are any recruitment requirements, but in just a week on the server we already have 60's and are doing planar raids. The 'sperg is minimal and now's the time to get in because we're planning on shutting down recruitment soon but there's zero requirements right now. We don't really need numbers or anything, I'm just pimping the guild out because it's the only guild on red I have had more than a miserable experience in short of <SLAMDUNKATRON> (RIP)

Also red players feel free to message me any time for ports and stuff and if I'm not in the middle of something I never mind helping out.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jun 25, 2015

ixxit
Oct 15, 2010
Welp, after installing this and forgetting about it for about a week, I'm rolling Red.

Sound effects already triggering nostalgia PTSD.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Started a monk on Red on Monday. Just dinged 30 with him today.

Guys, I think I have a problem. :shepface:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Siets posted:

30 is a good level to start beating up the shorties on the wall in misty thicket. I ground out the fbss and weapon money there.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Siets posted:

Red is cancer.

Just come back to your ugly Lizard Necro when the ban is up plz. I'm grinding cash hard to get my sweet clicky fear staff! Although I spent a ton gearing out my Cleric.

After today I half considered rolling on red. Literally everything I tried to go kill was camped today. Even my beloved Paineel guards. Blue is too crowded. But it's sorta fun sometimes at least.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jun 28, 2015

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Dirt posted:

Red is cancer.
Red is three times the plat for the same camps. Maybe you're cancer?

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

shirunei posted:

Red is three times the plat for the same camps. Maybe you're cancer?

Yeah, blue plat. Kinda painted yourself into a corner with that one.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Hexel posted:

30 is a good level to start beating up the shorties on the wall in misty thicket. I ground out the fbss and weapon money there.

You think so? A lot of them are mid 30's and would destroy me. Who do you sell the loot to in that area? Also as a monk I don't have invisibility to sneak through the town, and I don't think I have the raw HP pool to feign flop my way through either. I guess I will just have to come to Misty through the Gorge side rather than the Kithicor -> Rivervale side.

Also wondering if it will work to do the Joogl Honeybugger bandage turn-in quest if I feign and sneak behind him? In order to do that on my necro I had to be skeleton form.

vvv Yeah I've seen several people in /ooc on Red wanting to buy Red plat with Blue plat at a 1:3 price ratio. It's crazy. Some dude named Blackbanker or something is auctioning to buy 500k Red plat with over 1.6 million Blue plat lmao.

Siets fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jun 28, 2015

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

a real jerk posted:

Yeah, blue plat. Kinda painted yourself into a corner with that one.

see the idea is to farm on red and exchange it for blue plat because it's stupidly easy to farm anything at any time on red.

sooooooo

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Oh also everyone on red still thinks I'm yevea for some reason

:hfive:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Siets posted:

You think so? A lot of them are mid 30's and would destroy me

Start with Deputy Felp who is level 25. Hes up on the north side of the wall near the Bixie Queen. Sell to the vendors near the Rivervale entrance NORTH of the road leading to the wall using sneak. Never ever go south of the wall because Ella Foodcrafter is a 60 druid and will rape you quick and teabag your corpse. You can see her path here http://eq.magelo.com/npc/178307

I usually carry a couple cloudy pots for moving through Rivervale. Dont even think of trying to book it past the two guards at the entrance they are level 50 and will quad you for 250. The Kithicor entrance of Rivervale has a 60 druid GM you cant flop past either so carry cloudy pots until you are 50+ around there. Otherwise you are coming in through Xxorb/Runnyeye.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Alright then, I'll make my way to Misty. Currently on Kunark. Anybody on Red able to help me with a port or a bind?

Dirt posted:

Just come back to your ugly Lizard Necro when the ban is up plz. I'm grinding cash hard to get my sweet clicky fear staff! Although I spent a ton gearing out my Cleric.

Yeah I guess I'm planning to flit back and forth between Red and Blue. No way I would drop Xeirak with how high I've made it with him.

I tell you what though, Red is a great cure for altitis. You level fast, can usually take on whatever camps you feel like, and any plat you earn during the playthrough you can sell back to Blue for a huge return anytime you feel like going back.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Posting a link to this here to save it for antiquities sake since we were talking about AC in guild chat.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1757473&postcount=5 This is Bugens test results at a few different AC levels.

Hexel fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jun 30, 2015

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
For anyone on Red if you don't end up in TMO, Thunderdome seems full of some more or less chill people. Also there is a druid named Avomon who tends to run 1-10ish powerlevel groups during the weekend for new people/alts.

If anyone ever wants to group Im slowly working on my SK Uhuh who is level 18.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
<Thunderdome> has a tool named "Block" in it who will group with you and pretend to be your friend for several levels, then later on gank you while you are AFK just to "teach you a lesson about AFK'ing on Red." He will then reply with "u mad bro?" and make fun of you for playing a "7 year old elf simulator" when asking about why he didn't just send you a friendly tell explaining the same lesson instead.

Siets fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jul 6, 2015

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
Well to be fair you shouldn't AFK on red and if someone killing you, even in the shittiest way possible, bothers you, you probably shouldn't play it.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

hayden. posted:

Well to be fair you shouldn't AFK on red and if someone killing you, even in the shittiest way possible, bothers you, you probably shouldn't play it.

This is a pretty dumb post. I've had numerous deaths on Red in a variety of contexts and have had no issue with any of them. When someone on my friends list however ganks me for a quick yellow text fap, yeah, I take issue with it. I think that's called "having the perspective of a decent human being." Of course it's nothing I'm going to quit the game over.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

hayden. posted:

Your posts are as lazy as your play style.

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

Siets posted:

This is a pretty dumb post. I've had numerous deaths on Red in a variety of contexts and have had no issue with any of them. When someone on my friends list however ganks me for a quick yellow text fap, yeah, I take issue with it. I think that's called "having the perspective of a decent human being." Of course it's nothing I'm going to quit the game over.

You always have to be careful gaming, when it comes to on line.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Siets posted:

<Thunderdome> has a tool named "Block" in it who will group with you and pretend to be your friend for several levels, then later on gank you while you are AFK just to "teach you a lesson about AFK'ing on Red." He will then reply with "u mad bro?" and make fun of you for playing a "7 year old elf simulator" when asking about why he didn't just send you a friendly tell explaining the same lesson instead.

That sounds like an alt of Buckx who is complete wanker and pvp griefer. Another alt of his is Swiftcast.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

hayden. posted:

This is the truth and if you think otherwise you shouldn't play on red.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

seriously goons don't cry about dying on a FFA pvp server you dummies even if they are on your /friends list lol

let me tell you about the time i PK'd the goon guildleader and he ragequit on the spot for 4 months

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Would anyone know or have a wizard willing to port my rogue up to plane of hate so I can nab my book? (I can gate-potion back).

Since this is my first character in P99 Blue I have no where near 30k to MQ the epic like most level 10 rogues seem to do.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

moolchaba posted:

Your posts are as lazy as your play style.

This is true.

Ram, what is your rogue name and when will you be on? I can port but I don't have a ton of windows of play time to log in.

hayden. fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jul 6, 2015

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

hayden. posted:

This is true.

Ram, what is your rogue name and when will you be on? I can port but I don't have a ton of windows of play time to log in.

In game is Marchand. I can usually be on from nine to midnight eastern time.

Also, do mobs wonder to the zone in? I vaguely remember that being a thing? I'll go up nude minus the return potion just in case however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Ramulack posted:

In game is Marchand. I can usually be on from nine to midnight eastern time.

Also, do mobs wonder to the zone in? I vaguely remember that being a thing? I'll go up nude minus the return potion just in case however.

They do. You will need to go up with a guild's clear party to safely get it. Unless you are 60, on zone in you will be aggro'd by see invis mobs. Luckily the book (and ALL ground spawns) are bugged and you just need to /camp infront of it for a fresh one to spawn for you.

I tried porting up a fellow goon to get his book when he was 53 I want to say? It ended in rotting naked corpses quicker than I could gate myself out.

Of course you could also go up after you know someone has cleared the zone, don't necessarily need to join their group.

• Locked thread