Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Father Wendigo posted:

After all the work I done?!

Motherfucker you better bring us home or you ain' even gettin' the complimentary tug. :mad:

How about I take you out back and show you how I put dogs to shame in the "man's best friend" department?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

AHungryRobot posted:

The mutants are good. Just get the TTW mod that rebalances them to be less beefy.

I have that on, they're still incredibly beefy.

It's not even the individual mutants, it's the fact that there's at least a half dozen of them whenever you find mutants.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

JackBadass posted:

How about I take you out back and show you how I put dogs to shame in the "man's best friend" department?

I'm sorry, but homosexual relationships don't exist in Fallout 4. :smuggo:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gonna build my own base and customize a flying flamethrower power armor suit so hard

everything else can get fixed with modding

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Funky Valentine posted:

If you're wondering how culture advances and morphs
And other sociological facts
Just repeat to yourself
It's just a game
I should really just relax

People who defend their particular subtextual understanding of video games rather than justifying them against commonly agreed upon criteria are the worst. See: this thread.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Rutibex posted:

They where right to pick on you, Fallout Tactics sucks.

Lest we forget

Cojawfee posted:

Like how Road Rash 64 was my only road rash game and I loved it. Yet it appears to be "the worst road rash" and people pretend it doesn't exist.

Yeah but Road Rash 64 DOES suck a big ol' fatty and you should be ashamed to enjoy such trash lmao get a load of this guy enjoying noted bad game forever Road Rash 64

JackBadass posted:

More like Diaper Rash 69. Know what I mean?

:c00l:

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

computer parts posted:

I have that on, they're still incredibly beefy.

It's not even the individual mutants, it's the fact that there's at least a half dozen of them whenever you find mutants.

Which exact one are you using? There's more than one I think.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Gas.

Extraordinary Perdition
Nov 7, 2007

< SAY NOTHING >

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm really excited and happy about Fallout 4 but I agree.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Also ban the top ten or twenty posters from this thread from posting in the next one.

e: except CoP

Duckbox fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jul 6, 2015

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Duckbag posted:

Also ban the top ten or twenty posters from this thread from posting in the next one.

Better idea: no thread until a day after release. At least then we can complain about how terrible it actually is rather than how terrible it might be.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Hey guys, I found this on NMA!.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

gently caress this thread and every poster in it.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

JackBadass's posts are like if Cream of Plenty's posts were unironic

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I'm voting this thread 5 just to see more people freak out over the stupidest poo poo.

And ofcourse to see more cream-of-plenty posts.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jul 6, 2015

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Even without much info, I'm glad Bethesda is going in the right direction and removed Skills from the Fallout series (or at least just united them with Perks), they always felt like busywork

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

frajaq posted:

Even without much info, I'm glad Bethesda is going in the right direction and removed Skills from the Fallout series (or at least just united them with Perks), they always felt like busywork
while it's an okay concept, it's gonna be amazingly poorly implemented and balanced though and we'll need FPERG to make it closer to a balanced layout

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

I like Fallout 4.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

JackBadass's posts are like if Cream of Plenty's posts were unironic

Incidentally, you should probably just retire from your job in the thread police. If you weren't self appointed, the chief would have made you turn in your gun and badge 200 posts ago.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Duckbag posted:

Incidentally, you should probably just retire from your job in the thread police. If you weren't self appointed, the chief would have made you turn in your gun and badge 200 posts ago.
:siren: I think we got a new applicant to the position! :siren:

Anime Schoolgirl fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jul 6, 2015

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

JackBadass posted:

"Children are reaching puberty and sexually maturing earlier and earlier; in cases of precocious puberty--even younger. In the 1800's, the average child reached puberty by 14. By the 1900's, the age dropped to 12.75 years. If we continue along this trajectory, children would be achieving sexual maturity at a median age of 8.5 when Fallout 3 takes place.

"Now, in Little Lamplight, MacReady tells us that children germinate into Mungos and are summarily excised from the town at the age of 16. That means that the average Little Lamplight citizen has almost eight years to reproduce before being ostracized to 'Big Town'. Think about that: Literally half of their life in Little Lamplight is in estrus.

"You would have to be a simpleton to still have difficulty answering the tired question, 'how do they reproduce?' and 'where do all of the Little Lamplight children come from?'

"Now, regarding the plywood defenses that protect the children from nearby Slaver and Super Mutant encampments, I would like to refer to a scene from the Goonies where the children..."
:eyepop:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Can my dog be in a gay relationship in this game?

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

OwlFancier posted:

Can my dog be in a gay relationship in this game?

god I hope so

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Remember the bit where John Fallout opens the fridge, sees Nuka Cola and says "Nuka Cola! Delicious!"
"Eugh, it's rotten!"

RentACop posted:

I hope the new power armor isn't like the batmobile in the newest batman where you have to drag it everywhere because it's mandatory to solve puzzles
Fallout 4: Uranium Trail lets you live out the exciting adventure of the Lonely Trailblazer, a man who crosses the country in his power armored wagon, shooting yao guai and brahmin for food and trying to float a 6 ton suit of armor down the irradiated Mississippi River.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

frajaq posted:

Yeah, the more I think about it the Fallout 3/NV skill system wasn't that great, it tried to be a compromise between Fallout 1/2's more complex system and a more do-anything open world sandbox style, and ended up just sort of mediocre. I really hope they watch that video with the proposed Cowboy / Gun Nut perk system and say "hey, let's just do that," rather then doing Skyrim-style skill trees. I'm really not up for another round of melting down every piece of metal I can find just to grind my crafting score.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Fallout 4: Uranium Trail lets you live out the exciting adventure of the Lonely Trailblazer, a man who crosses the country in his power armored wagon, shooting yao guai and brahmin for food and trying to float a 6 ton suit of armor down the irradiated Mississippi River.

Uhh that sounds amazing.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Regarding skills, I think one of Bethesda's problems is that they really don't seem to like including things the player can lock themselves out of. Whether it's story content because you shoot an NPC, guilds because you're a warrior who doesn't know magic, or factions, because you kill all the legion soldiers you see. Bethesda RPGs from Oblivion onwards really seem to be about about doing every possible thing without ever having to worry about consequences. Even in skyrim there are very few quest rewards you can lock yourself out of if you don't mind stealing or murdering and as someone pointed out earlier in Fallout 3, the skill system is set up so it's incredibly easy to get 100 in every skill and even max out your SPECIAL with a tiny bit of planning.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Is it actually possible to max out all the skills because I definitely never did that.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Nuebot posted:

Regarding skills, I think one of Bethesda's problems is that they really don't seem to like including things the player can lock themselves out of. Whether it's story content because you shoot an NPC, guilds because you're a warrior who doesn't know magic, or factions, because you kill all the legion soldiers you see. Bethesda RPGs from Oblivion onwards really seem to be about about doing every possible thing without ever having to worry about consequences. Even in skyrim there are very few quest rewards you can lock yourself out of if you don't mind stealing or murdering and as someone pointed out earlier in Fallout 3, the skill system is set up so it's incredibly easy to get 100 in every skill and even max out your SPECIAL with a tiny bit of planning.

I would have loved to see how that played out past the game's conclusion. By the end, I'm fairly certain your soul is claimed by at least three or four different deities if you've done everything. Made no sense at all.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

FronzelNeekburm posted:

"Lonely Trailblazer has caught irradiated dysentery."

Pepperoni and cheese.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

sout posted:

Is it actually possible to max out all the skills because I definitely never did that.

With a level cap of 50, yes, but intelligence has to be fairly high, and it's probably going to require finding all the skill books depending on how many perks you want to blow.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Volkerball posted:

With a level cap of 50, yes, but intelligence has to be fairly high, and it's probably going to require finding all the skill books depending on how many perks you want to blow.

Keep in mind, the level cap in 3 was only 30 with all the DLC (Since it started at 20 and the only one that raised the cap was Broken Steel IIRC), so if you didn't have max intelligence it'd probably be a bit more difficult. That being said, it was pretty trivial to max out the skills that you'd actually care about (Lockpick, Science, Speech, and a combat skill) so long as you had decent INT and remembered to grab the bobbleheads.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Oh I thought we were talking about FNV. Pretty sure it was impossible to max all skills in 3.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Volkerball posted:

Oh I thought we were talking about FNV. Pretty sure it was impossible to max all skills in 3.

It could be done, but only because the bobbleheads gave you a ludicrous amount of free skill points if you found them all.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It could be done, but only because the bobbleheads gave you a ludicrous amount of free skill points if you found them all.

Didn't they each only raise their respective trait by one point?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

There were trait and skill bobbleheads. The skill ones were +10.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Volkerball posted:

it really wasn't. it had a problem where a lot of people trying to max out every skill would end up doing so before the level cap and get stuck at the skill selection screen since you had to spend your points (that you couldn't spend) before moving onto the perk screen.

JackBadass posted:

there's a perk that raises each SPECIAL up to 9

Literal Nazi Furry fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jul 6, 2015

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

JackBadass posted:

There were bobbleheads for both skills and SPECIAL. SPECIAL bobbleheads added one point in their respective trait (So you could max out your stats by taking the level 30 perk "Almost Perfect" and then finding all the bobbleheads), skill bobbleheads raised their respective skills by 15 points each (Which taken all together is 185 free skill points, or about twenty levels with average-moderate intelligence)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

there's a perk that raises each SPECIAL up to 9. the earliest one you have to take is the energy weapons one in the enclave base.

What perk is that? I don't remember anything like that, unless you're talking about intense training.

Edit: Nevermind, I remember now.

• Locked thread