Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I think Rohan is my favourite character from part 4 aside from Josuke.

"I... Must see this guy's back"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

littleorv posted:

Rohan is awesome because his stand is loving creepy. My favorite is Okuyasu, he always has this funny "HOLY poo poo LOOK AT THAT SO AMAZING" face.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Desperado Bones posted:

Rohan is awesome because his stand is loving creepy. My favorite is Okuyasu, he always has this funny "HOLY poo poo LOOK AT THAT SO AMAZING" face.

That face is always justified.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
thanks mr skeltal

Every character in Part 4 is the best. Happy to be of service.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

littleorv posted:

BUT I REFUSE! is legit my favorite JoJo moment. Rohan straight up chooses to sacrifice his life for spite.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Soylentbits posted:

That face is always justified.

Amazing things happen at Morioh all the time.

I started to read part 5, luckily for me it seems the Spanish translations are less messy.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I've started to read part 6, and it's good but I have some questions about Jotaro. First off, is he aging in reverse? When he was 16 he looked like he was 36, and now that he's 36 or so he looks like he's 16. Second, why could Dio gradually train his The World and get time to stop more and more for him, and Jotaro can't get more than 2 seconds even though his stand's development stat is equal (or greater?) than Dio's? Plus this isn't Joseph, Jotaro has been active with his stand powers after his part of the story and he's now been using his stand longer than Dio.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I've started to read part 6, and it's good but I have some questions about Jotaro. First off, is he aging in reverse? When he was 16 he looked like he was 36, and now that he's 36 or so he looks like he's 16. Second, why could Dio gradually train his The World and get time to stop more and more for him, and Jotaro can't get more than 2 seconds even though his stand's development stat is equal (or greater?) than Dio's? Plus this isn't Joseph, Jotaro has been active with his stand powers after his part of the story and he's now been using his stand longer than Dio.

dio was a vampire / supernatural being.

Jotaro is aging like araki.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
I think its stated that at the beginning in part 4 when jotaro has to use it on josuke, he hadn't time stopped since the fight with Dio. Unlike Dio, Jotaro isn't actively training and using his time stop. Its probably the same case in part 6. He's had no reason to use it so he can only do it for a short amount.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Short time stop is a combination of lack of practice and DIO having superhuman endurance. Reverse aging is just the art universally shifting to softer features with slimmer builds.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

hoobajoo posted:

Short time stop is a combination of lack of practice and DIO having superhuman endurance. Reverse aging is just the art universally shifting to softer features with slimmer builds.

That makes sense but has been over 20 years since Part 3, surely Jotaro could have gotten at least a second or two more even with being a human. Still, I understand why he can't stop time for too long as it would break any fight he's in and make it too easy/no stakes

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I think he gets to like 5 seconds in the fight with Dio, and his lack of practice by Part IV downgrades it to 2. I seem to recall he is back up to 5 seconds again by Part 6, though, since I think he kept practising after the events of Part IV, it's hard to tell since he's so stoic but he was probably pretty surprised in Morioh that his powers had depleted so much.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Yeah Jotaro not being able to stop time for as long is written off as Jotaro not practicing it since Egypt. It makes sense, really. Why would he need to stop time on the regular when he isn't fighting punchghosts?

When he needs a couple of more seconds to think of a one liner

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

littleorv posted:

i like the blurb araki wrote where he talks about how people are intimidated to meet him because they think he's like rohan irl

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I've been watching Gintama a lot lately and I watched an episode where the main character (voiced by Sugita) said that Araki was a beautiful manga writer that never ages. I thought it was pretty funny.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

That makes sense but has been over 20 years since Part 3, surely Jotaro could have gotten at least a second or two more even with being a human. Still, I understand why he can't stop time for too long as it would break any fight he's in and make it too easy/no stakes

It's the art shift, and also he probably just looks younger than he is like Araki does. It isn't that weird, but my mom's side of the family is the same way so maybe I'm just biased.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I've started reading Steel Ball Run and Gyro Zepeli is so cool.

Also how is Gyro pronounced, is it like gyroscope? Or is it like the food? Probably like gyroscope, cause gyroscopes have to do with spinning and balance and that sort of stuff.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Him looking younger is just an art style thing. Joseph aged slower because of the ripple but Jotaro doesn't have it at all.

Jotaro probably COULD develop his stand to stop time for longer, but he's gotten rusty. It's not like stopping time for a few seconds is useful for writing grant applications. It was also a lower limit in part 4 for the same reason, but it's even less in part 6.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Davinci posted:

I've started reading Steel Ball Run and Gyro Zepeli is so cool.

Also how is Gyro pronounced, is it like gyroscope? Or is it like the food? Probably like gyroscope, cause gyroscopes have to do with spinning and balance and that sort of stuff.

Like gyroscope, though if I recall right in one of the translations his name was changed to J-Lo Zeppeli

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Second, why could Dio gradually train his The World and get time to stop more and more for him, and Jotaro can't get more than 2 seconds even though his stand's development stat is equal (or greater?) than Dio's? Plus this isn't Joseph, Jotaro has been active with his stand powers after his part of the story and he's now been using his stand longer than Dio.

The development stat being greater doesn't mean the "potential maximum" or whatever of the stand is greater, it means there's more potential for development left for the stand. That's why it gradually goes down for SP as Jotaro understands his stand's abilities better and better and can't squeeze any more new tricks out of it.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Yeah, Dio could gradually stop time longer and longer because he's a vampire and he has the endurance for it. Time stopping is like using a muscle, which Jotaro hasn't been using for a decade. It's also why Dio used time stop for trivial things or just to clown around while Jotaro had to use it strategically because it takes a pretty big amount of exertion. By the time Stone Ocean roll around, he's just gotten old, no matter how young he looks. :v:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the only good jotaro fanart is of him when he's older and he has the build of a dad and it depicts him doing dad-like things

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
That's a good runner up, but first place actually belongs to Unphotogenic Jotaro.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Similarly, the best Jolyne fan art is little kid Jolyne.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Little kid Jolyne is on a whole different level.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm glad of all the kid jolyne and uncle josuke fanart.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kid Jolyne doesn't feel right if she's not with Josuke. It just feels like it's a huge missed opportunity and Little Jolyne goes to Morioh is the best not lewd doujinshi comic of all time.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Aurain posted:

Kid Jolyne doesn't feel right if she's not with Josuke. It just feels like it's a huge missed opportunity and Little Jolyne goes to Morioh is the best not lewd doujinshi comic of all time.

Did anyone ever translate the one set in winter to English? I've only ever seen it in Spanish.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Its time
http://youdontknowthings.tumblr.com/post/51767135030/morioh-comic

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Did anyone ever translate the one set in winter to English? I've only ever seen it in Spanish.

if this is the one you're talking about
http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1583295?tags=%2Fjjba

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 6, 2015

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm sure this has been asked before but are there decent scans of Part 6? Where can I find them? Etc.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Read the colour version on Batoto.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Aurain posted:

Read the colour version on Batoto.

Okay thanks

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

the only good jotaro fanart is of him when he's older and he has the build of a dad and it depicts him doing dad-like things

i must see fanart of this

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Prison Warden posted:

I think he gets to like 5 seconds in the fight with Dio, and his lack of practice by Part IV downgrades it to 2. I seem to recall he is back up to 5 seconds again by Part 6, though, since I think he kept practising after the events of Part IV, it's hard to tell since he's so stoic but he was probably pretty surprised in Morioh that his powers had depleted so much.

He gets 2 seconds in the DIO fight, and that was entirely out of desperation and fury and it's unclear if he could keep doing it. Part IV is 1.5-2 and he can do it multiple times in succession , and Part VI is 5 seconds after years of the power.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Race Realists posted:

i must see fanart of this

timestop dad owns

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

DIO would have been the better timestop dad.

He'd be the better normal dad too.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Pomp posted:

timestop dad owns

One of my favourite little things in Part 6 is how in the final battle against Pucci and Stairway to Heaven, everyone is desperately trying to live and Annasui and Jotaro still have time to have some hilarious father/"boyfriend" interactions before everyone dies.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Annasui has some great lines but I'm not terribly fond of him as a character.

I thought Part 6 was best when it was the main three girls with Weather Report as a background plot coupon.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

when i read Part 6 years ago i really liked him, but probably because of his Stand and outfit. i mean it's impossible to choose just one favorite character in Part 6 anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I like how he got a sex change off screen.