Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

ZenVulgarity posted:

Age of sigmar is piss gently caress off

It's hilarious but like hell I'm getting back into miniatures that aren't x-wing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Badger of Basra posted:

is china now repeating japan in the early 90s

Sinnlos posted:

Except Chinese stocks are more isolated. Only 2% is with foreign investors.

and their debt balloon is way bigger. china's corporate debt burden has increased since 2007 almost as much as the entire debt burden for all sectors combined for in 2007.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

is there something about the inscrutable oriental that leads to asset bubbles

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Badger of Basra posted:

their ability to cheat and bend the rules

also their communism

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Badger of Basra posted:

its not like we can really talk.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

i always sleep like poo poo on sunday nights

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

when was the last time something that the media whipped the public into a panic about actually happened

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zoux posted:

when was the last time something that the media whipped the public into a panic about actually happened

i did a vodka eyeball this morning

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

also sexting happens but people seem to have stopped caring about that

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

zoux posted:

i think the problem with china is most people assume there isn't much risk.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

i guess global warming happened but there really wasnt a public panic about that

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

My Imaginary GF posted:

ability to cheat and bend the rules
Chicago_political_values.txt

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
'Play mixie for me'

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

also sexting happens but people seem to have stopped caring about that

sexting is good, is why

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

sexting is good, is why

:agreed:

edit: there should be a :same:

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
what non-forum websites do you guys read daily/regularly? I'm trying to quit my newspaper habit because they're terrible, & I'm looking for good things to read about world news / capitalism / film and books. i read the LRB but that's only biweekly.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

the 24 hour news cycle has been really bad for the public and the news industry in general

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
this book is a little janky but theres a protocol droid built for murder so i dont care

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Weird twitter sext meme is played out

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lancelot posted:

what non-forum websites do you guys read daily/regularly? I'm trying to quit my newspaper habit because they're terrible, & I'm looking for good things to read about world news / capitalism / film and books. i read the LRB but that's only biweekly.

the toast, we hunted the mammoth, gawker, io9, deadspin, av club, poliwire, passiveagressivenotes, and then vox so's i can get mad at new media

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Lancelot posted:

The Atlantic

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

the atlantic, tnr, vox, cnn, espn, my twitter feed, nyt, usatoday, plumline, sbnation, 538

are my regular reads. following a bunch of reporters on twitter is useful because they link to each others poo poo.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jul 6, 2015

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Lancelot posted:

i don't read anything else

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
is the atlantic actually good and not bad?!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

the atlantic, tnr, vox, cnn, espn, my twitter feed, nyt, usatoday, plumline, sbnation, 538

thank you for reminding the cubs are playing this afternoon and its on espn

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

mandatory lesbian posted:

i don't read anything else

i dont read ive been posting on blind instinct for years

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lancelot posted:

welllll

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Effectronica posted:

That's not what happens, since the character can marry other male characters without that happening. Different kind of homophobia at play there.

it's not literally what happens but that's essentially it

there's no way to spin this into a positive

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

welllll

yeah that's what i thought

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Lancelot posted:

I have a vested interest, but yes, it is good

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hang on the threads about to fall all over itself to disagree with me

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Lancelot posted:

"all media is bad" is a setup for disappointment.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
theres something endearing about a character thats c3p0 but a homicidal maniac

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

zoux posted:

hang on the threads about to fall all over itself to disagree with me

any media can be construed as bad. the gimmick is to expose yourself to a lot of different outlets and find people who are good within those networks.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Literally The Worst posted:

theres something endearing about a character thats c3p0 but a homicidal maniac

yeah man i really liked KOTOR too

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The atlantic is to modern readers what TNR was to 90's liberals

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Lancelot posted:

it's a land of contrasts

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

any media can be construed as bad. the gimmick is to expose yourself to a lot of different outlets and find people who are good within those networks.

also have friends who will send you things they spot

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
GO and pet your dog, or find one and then pet it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

zoux posted:

The atlantic is to modern readers what TNR was to 90's liberals

all the more reason to read it zoux.

• Locked thread