Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

grassy gnoll posted:

you might look at this Plano. There's also a nerd review in there about X-wing specifically. I just break my stuff up by faction - one tray is for templates and tokens, then Rebels, Imperials and Scum.

I have that one and it owns. 8 big ships? no problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I'm moderately interested in the D&D X-Wing clone, is it any good or is it like the Star Trek one?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Game came down to Rexler and Tycho. I got Rexler down to 1hp, and I keep out of his arc with boost and PTL/Daredevil, but two dice just aren't enough to get the last hit in. We spent a good eight turns doing that, then he tags me with two hits and a crit, I get all blanks, and the crit is the one that wipes out my EPTs and pilot skill. All of a sudden the twenty-some stress on Tycho counts and I can't get out of the way.

I fly lots good.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

TARDISman posted:

I'm moderately interested in the D&D X-Wing clone, is it any good or is it like the Star Trek one?

Like the Star Trek one. It's all made by wizkids so enjoy having event-only exclusive stuff

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Chill la Chill posted:

Like the Star Trek one. It's all made by wizkids so enjoy having event-only exclusive stuff

Welp. At least it's cool as poo poo dragons and stuff instead of comparatively boring Star Trek ships.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

TIE Punisher Preview is up!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Hell yes, TIE Defender fix:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Hell ya. My defender friend will love this.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Oh man, that opens up the dial so much for the Defender, it's unreal. You can actually use the red sharps, you can probably drop PtL in there as well and do well, which will be nice for Rexler. For TIE Interceptors, it gives an additional modification to add to autothrusters, although it only gives the bank 3s. TIE advanced gives a nice advantage as well and the upgrade is very nice for Punishers/Bombers as well, of course.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

On the other hand, no EPT slot on any of the TIE Punishers. You think FFG would have learnt from the Y-Wing debacle.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Yeah, but the punisher and K-Wing actually have useful upgrades to take instead. And better pilot abilities it seems like.

I'm excited but wary of the Defender with PtL, you can't get engine upgrade which kind of sucks. On the other hand, it might make Rexler worth his drat points.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Missed a serious opportunity to call that pilot "Deathtrain" instead.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Major Rhymer with PtL/Twin Ion Mk II/Extra Munitions/Advanced Proton Torps :getin:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Redline really should be a 1 pt upgrade any ship can take instead of a Pilot :/

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

grassy gnoll posted:

I read it like that at first and thought it sounded pretty metal.

Now, I will just call it 'Dea Thrain".

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Their choosing to make the abilities that let you actually use bombs pilot abilities instead of generic upgrades is really stupid, because it essentially means your only choices for using bombs are the specific pilots whose abilities let them use bombs efficiently. That said, the Punisher pilots do look great.

Shame the TIE Mk2 won't fix the Defender being the ugliest ship in the game, though.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

grassy gnoll posted:

Took me a second to realize that it wasn't "Deathtrain" and had to fight back a pang of disappointment.

edited: :eng99:

alg posted:

Redline really should be a 1 pt upgrade any ship can take instead of a Pilot :/

Emon Azzameen? :circlefap:

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jul 7, 2015

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

AndyElusive posted:

Took me a second to realize that it wasn't "Deathrain" and had to fight back a pang of disappointment.

Wait... isn't it?

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Honestly, "After dropping a bomb you may perform a free barrel roll action" is a drat fine ability by itself. But no, they had to make the "drop from the front" thing a pilot ability, not an upgrade.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Kinda odd that hes basically got 2 pilot abilities in 1

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
The barrel roll is kind of important for him to not get literally hoist on his own petard.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Posted without comment.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Carteret posted:

Posted without comment.

We've had this chat already months ago. Hence the thread title.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Poopy Palpy posted:

The barrel roll is kind of important for him to not get literally hoist on his own petard.

Yeah you have "Genius" if you want to bomb yourself.

Dulkor posted:

What's unfortunate is that that's a different one than the one argued over earlier

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Dulkor posted:

I was here for it :ssh:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Feels a bit sad you can't reference the General Lee now without racist overtones. I loved Dukes of Hazzard. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Shockeh posted:

Feels a bit sad you can't reference the General Lee now without racist overtones. I loved Dukes of Hazzard. :(

If only those racists hadn't ruined this thing by being racist, the world would be doubly a better place.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
gently caress those guys twice as much! :argh:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

New Dukes of Hazzard series announced: the Dukes will drive around in the General Sherman, tearing it up in the southern United States.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

If I could paint faces well I'd make a wizard van Sherman fat Han....and he'd have gunner instead of R2. :evilbuddy:

Tekopo posted:

New Dukes of Hazzard series announced: the Dukes will drive around in the General Sherman, tearing it up in the southern United States.

Tecumseh Sherman sounds like a sweet Star Wars name too.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Anybody going to GenCon and didn't get into the Nationals Tournament? I over booked events and I need to drop. I heard that they don't care that much as long as you have a ticket, but before I just call and cancel my ticket I wanted to put feelers out for any goons that may be interested.

Kill_Discussion
Dec 15, 2005

Just watch it...

Carteret posted:

Anybody going to GenCon and didn't get into the Nationals Tournament? I over booked events and I need to drop. I heard that they don't care that much as long as you have a ticket, but before I just call and cancel my ticket I wanted to put feelers out for any goons that may be interested.

I'm going. I have a bye from regionals and they said as long as I have enough generic tickets they'll have reserved spots but having an actual ticket will put me more at ease.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Let me look around a bit more, but I'll pm you either way.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Someone way back when was asking about repositioning a B-Wing so that the 'wing' part of it was more horizontal. I found a guide on dakka (I know...) that went through how to reposition the craft (including rotating the cockpit).

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/655572.page

Apparently the cockpit is only wedged onto a shaped peg, and can be pulled/pried off with a set of pliers. I cut the peg off entirely and glued the cockpit back on. The flight stand was a little bit more of an issue, so instead of trying to remove it I just cut it off and re-glued it in position.

End result:

:jeb: in the background is pleased at the (maybe) 10 min of work I put into this.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Icon Of Sin posted:

Someone way back when was asking about repositioning a B-Wing so that the 'wing' part of it was more horizontal. I found a guide on dakka (I know...) that went through how to reposition the craft (including rotating the cockpit).

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/655572.page

Apparently the cockpit is only wedged onto a shaped peg, and can be pulled/pried off with a set of pliers. I cut the peg off entirely and glued the cockpit back on. The flight stand was a little bit more of an issue, so instead of trying to remove it I just cut it off and re-glued it in position.

End result:

:jeb: in the background is pleased at the (maybe) 10 min of work I put into this.

That is loving rad. :jeb:

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I actually beat Super Dash, Tycho, and a Blue with Palob(blaster turret and nothing else), 2x Syndicate Thugs with autoblaster turrets, and 3x binayre pirates.

That list has some really interesting dynamics going on. I think i'm gonna drop a Z to make Palob good and make one of the thugs Kavil, though.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Hey guys, A few friends and I (they all just quit WHFB) are planning on getting into this game. Where would you recommend a Canadian buy replacement tokens/templates online? Also, is there a good online retailer for the ships themselves? I want to play Imperial, and I hear getting a Phantom and a Decimator are good places to start.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

No real reason to buy replacement tokens or templates. The ones from the box are just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
Yeah. With how expensive some of the acrylic templates and tokens are online, there's no shame in using the ones in the box.

• Locked thread