Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Surely the fact that someone "that dumb" is in that position instead of any number of more qualified people is the ultimate proof of this statement being true, no?

Pretty sure it's just Tinsley going with the "out of touch ivory tower liberal" slant. That and the right thinks that even if the slightest shred of opportunity exists for anybody at all you should not complain ever because BOOTSTRAPS!!!!!!! They also like the fantasy version of America where the 19th century was a time anybody could make it if they wanted to and most certainly not an era of literal slavery, borderline serfdom, and people being forced back to work at gunpoint. Nope. Just opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Kajeesus posted:

This cartoon ain't railing against the PC Police. He's being heckled because his jokes aren't representative enough. His complaint is that you can no longer create anything without including the obligatory token Black dude, Asian, Jew, Female, Gay, Transwoman and Giraffeperson.

The point is obscured by the inept presentation as well as the random anti-alcoholic lady in the middle, but I'm pretty sure it's that. This guy is not bombing because of his lack of comedic timing or inability to convey a point, it's just because of all those underrepresented minorities giving him a hard time over the lack of role models in the vaunted "two guys walk into a bar" medium.

"People complain because I don't include literally every little oppressed group" IS railing against the "PC Police" though?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

"Heh, guns, booze, babes, and freedom."

Grunt GI that is not the three or four B's (depending on how many drugs Danny Trejo took that day).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRBYSqCSnr4

Cpt.Americant posted:

User name: ROOFTOP VOTER

Hoooly poo poo, been a while since I've seen that golden nugget of crazy.

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jul 6, 2015

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

axolotl farmer posted:

has anyone informed Chris Muir that embassies can't just buy foreign land, declare it theirs and run businesses under their own tax laws?

I scoff at the very idea of the petty laws of man being even the slightest concern to Portago, ancient Argentinian God of Capitalism

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

I love the implication of this shirt: "When I don't get my way, becoming a traitor and a murderer is an acceptable option." I bet this guy styles himself a patriot.

Also what the hell is on his hat? Based on his shirt, my guess is some white supremacist slogan coded in Greek letters.

turtle_07
Jun 13, 2003

Hear, hear!

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Yeah your previous one where you told people to throw themselves down a flight of stairs if they thought gay people were oppressed really reads like "love", Adam. Also how convenient that it's okay for you to not give up sex but gay people have to.

I was waiting for someone to say that! Seems pretty ridiculous to use your marriage and your sex to argue why they can't have marriage or sex... see we're both sinners and we're both just gonna have to try really REALLY hard to not follow our lustful hearts.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Acropolis posted:

I love the implication of this shirt: "When I don't get my way, becoming a traitor and a murderer is an acceptable option." I bet this guy styles himself a patriot.

Also what the hell is on his hat? Based on his shirt, my guess is some white supremacist slogan coded in Greek letters.

Looks kind of like "molon labe" or "come and take them" re weapons, SEE: hero-worship of the group of slaver-fascists known as the Spartans

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Acropolis posted:

"Molon labe".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molon_labe

It's become the slogan/byword of the GON TAKE MAH GUNZ lunatics.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

loquacius posted:

Looks kind of like "molon labe" or "come and take them" re weapons, SEE: hero-worship of the group of slaver-fascists known as the Spartans

But they were really badass in the movie and killed a lot of brown people!

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

loquacius posted:

Thus the moron label.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

"Stars and Snipes"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Saint Sputnik posted:

"Stars and Snipes"

I love when still living people are looking down from heaven in a Kelly cartoon.

I wonder how close he's ever come to accidentally getting it right with an unexpected death

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

H8 USA

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Trent posted:

I love when still living people are looking down from heaven in a Kelly cartoon.

I wonder how close he's ever come to accidentally getting it right with an unexpected death

I keep forgetting that they have George Washington sealed in carbonite for when the day comes that we need him to lead us to victory against England once again.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It's the educational establishment in Tinsley world, driving over to visit Kelly's neighbors.

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

loquacius posted:

Redeye Flight posted:

"Molon labe".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molon_labe

It's become the slogan/byword of the GON TAKE MAH GUNZ lunatics.

poo poo, I've seen that spelled out before without the greek and didn't know what it meant. Good to know.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Here's a taste of what Bill Trantham has been up to.

Somehow more hateful than I remembered.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

Saint Sputnik posted:

Your country doesn't exist anymore, on account of having lost the Civil War.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013
Bill Trantham explores the id of the Republican party. A good cartoonist.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Guess it's a step up from "What a fat cow she is! MOOchelle!"

Judging from the rest of the cartoons the past month has really taken its toll on his sanity.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The naked Hillary one is a thing to behold, as is the "my country" one, but this is the one that made me actually laugh out loud at the absurdity.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Why aren't his baggy pants on the ground?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

You're the racist for thinking that Bill Trantham is a racist.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

1. How do you gently caress up a rainbow?
2. It has pink. Is it supposed to be the eight-colored flag that no one really uses anymore? Is the artist spiteful enough to want to differentiate between evil gay rainbows and all other rainbows?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Saint Sputnik posted:

Awesome, please do. :thumbsup:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Saint Sputnik posted:

"Stars and Snipes"

The best thing Kelly can come up with is arguing against people taking their flags down too soon? :v:

Next week's comic is just going to be some CARELESS YOUTH trying to retrieve a baseball from Kelly's yard and him shouting "GET OFF MAH LAWN"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

You can tell someone really knows their poo poo about rap when they use the word "daddy-o" in any context

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

loquacius posted:

You can tell someone really knows their poo poo about rap when they use the word "daddy-o" in any context

Hey there fellow rap fan, are you hip to the latest tune by the Sugar Hill Group?

LiterallyTheWurst
Feb 5, 2015

Sendik's Original

there wolf posted:

1. How do you gently caress up a rainbow?
2. It has pink. Is it supposed to be the eight-colored flag that no one really uses anymore? Is the artist spiteful enough to want to differentiate between evil gay rainbows and all other rainbows?

Only homosexuals keep pink in their crayon box.

Funosaurus
May 28, 2009

politically correct correct wimps

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
How does anyone give a poo poo about Trump? How?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Internet Kraken posted:

Some people really hate Mexicans.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

loquacius posted:

They fought for freedom. Haven't you seen 300?

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

$4108 a month goddamn I'd be surprised if Hagar the Horrible made that much.

QC makes nearly 10k a month.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Ague Proof posted:

They fought for freedom. Haven't you seen 300?

QC makes nearly 10k a month.

Goddamn.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

LiterallyTheWurst posted:

Only homosexuals keep pink in their crayon box.

I don't like this answer because it implies Tranthum is using someone else's crayons and thus has access to children.

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx
Took a few days off from reading this thread, since I don't have internet at home right now.

I now realize where my unexplained good mood was coming from.

Get hosed Muir
Get hosed Branco
Get hosed Tinsley
Get hosed Trantham
Get hosed Muir (again and forever)

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Zaphod42 posted:

The best thing Kelly can come up with is arguing against people taking their flags down too soon? :v:

Next week's comic is just going to be some CARELESS YOUTH trying to retrieve a baseball from Kelly's yard and him shouting "GET OFF MAH LAWN"

Kelly is a true patriot who knows what's important in America. :911:

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe

AGC; The best cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prinnylaharl
Feb 10, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

He magically creates jobs out of the kindness of his heart and that's all that matters.

Also racism, lots and lots of racism.

• Locked thread