Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

If you continue this line of thinking you're going to go crazy and see a new universe every time the scene changes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Tempo 119 posted:

If you continue this line of thinking you're going to go crazy and see a new universe every time the scene changes

Every frame shows a different universe. Often, different parts of the same frame show different universes!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I like to think it's always C137 Rick and Morty and their deaths are only canon if it tells you as much. I forget if C137 is their original earth or the ones they took from the dead Rick and Morty though. But that's the "malcontent" Rick anyway, hence why their timeline is always the most adventurous and not the one that just chills at space Chuck E Cheese playing Roy

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Maybe we could start one when season 3 starts up.

Err...

Season 3 already finished airing.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Rick and Morty pays more attention to continuity than most animated comedies, despite being the only one where continuity explicitly, for a reason baked into the premise of the show, does not matter.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
How the gently caress is there not a Goodbye Moon Men ringtone on iTunes????

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Well, the episode hasn't aired yet so that is probably a factor.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol this thread is a microcosm of TVIV

"Am I the only one that thinks X?"

"My theory is that every scene is another universe"

"How the gently caress isn't X yet??"

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

How the gently caress is there not a Goodbye Moon Men ringtone on iTunes????

If you get 'Jerry's Game,' and get the music option, an '8-bit' Goodbye Moon Men plays as the game over theme.

Or you could listen to it\download it here:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1nWKTY7aNR3

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Squall posted:

Well, the episode hasn't aired yet so that is probably a factor.

*my head explodes from dumbness*

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I've listened to Goodbye Moonmen again and now I think that Bowie wasn't the only inspiration for it. Should have noticed it earlier, really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCbAEkfXSDE

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Last Chance posted:

lol this thread is a microcosm of TVIV

"Am I the only one that thinks X?"

"My theory is that every scene is another universe"

"How the gently caress isn't X yet??"

at least it wasn't liveposting

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

bull3964 posted:

Err...

Season 3 already finished airing.

poo poo, I meant season 4.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
What was the song playing during the final bit of deer surgery?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Bown posted:

Yeah AS are a good few years removed from their "lovely 4am stoner programming" reputation now. China, IL is incredible too.

The China, IL season finale was so much better than the last episode of Game of Thrones

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Frostwerks posted:

The China, IL season finale was so much better than the last episode of Game of Thrones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaVke1iqidw

I hope they do another musical episode soon.

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

No sign of intelligent life on this planet.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I think it was a fake enya/enigma thing made for the show. Reminds me of 'return to innocence' from enigma.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I like to think that those ice cream guys played that song from the van while she was doing the surgery, as part of their deal with Jerry.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

China il, is not that good. The intro is bad and i care about nobody or nothing that happens

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaVke1iqidw

I hope they do another musical episode soon.

I watched the sasquatch song like 6 times. I think I was probably watching it stoned out my mind at 4am to be honest though.

Grizzlegrax
Mar 21, 2013

:ghost: Bustin' Makes Me :ghost:
:ghost: Feel Good
:ghost:

hemophilia posted:

China il, is not that good. The intro is bad and i care about nobody or nothing that happens

Waltzing Along posted:

It's good for people to have wrong opinions. It lets the rest of us feel good about ourselves.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
Everything Brad Neely touches turns to gold. Thanks for posting the musical episode, I somehow managed to catch everything but it from the last season.

Neely actually structures his stories similar to Harmon but without the feel good moral at the end.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just realized the moon men song is basically about his plan to eradicate carbon-based life-form from the universe.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Elentor posted:

I just realized the moon men song is basically about his plan to eradicate carbon-based life-form from the universe.

*click*

:stare:

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
It's also a bunch of meaningless spacey nonsense that would sound really profound and important if you were high out of your mind but is ultimately a bunch of pointless noise made by a fart.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Beach posted:

I think it was a fake enya/enigma thing made for the show. Reminds me of 'return to innocence' from enigma.

I figured it might be, but given that they've scored moments like that in the past with real music, I was curious.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Elentor posted:

CeallaSo posted:

It's also a bunch of meaningless spacey nonsense that would sound really profound and important if you were high out of your mind but is ultimately a bunch of pointless noise made by a fart.

It's so subtle and makes him even more creepy and terrifying.
Although I'm still quite not sure if I was just "overstanding" it by being too high. :v:

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
i didn't notice it until i really paid attention to see if the song changed at the end of the episode. the context made me think he started singing a creepier one at the end.

nope. he wants to assimilate carbon life into the fart cloud from the start.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

hemophilia posted:

Is it possible for someone with a duck avatar to be a bad person?

My worldview has been rocked. :psyduck:

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

hemophilia posted:

You're garbage.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I have heard literally nothing about it can someone break it down for me

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

China, Illinois?

It's not easy to give you a standard "well, in a nutshell" description on this one. It's an odd show. It's not quite as out there as Superjail!, but it is out there.

The animation style is what I'd call minimalist. It has fine lines and mostly pastel colors, and it takes a while to get used to the "flat" look of the show and it's visual style. Essentially, it focuses on several people who teach at, are in charge of, or attend the University of China, Illinois. The teachers are mostly apathetic and/or ridiculously bad, but they're cool. Except for Frank. There's mad science going on, too, so that's something to be aware of. The show can take some decidedly absurdist turns, but again, not to the level of Superjail!.

Hulk Hogan is the voice of the dean. And I mean Hulkamania-era Hulk Hogan, complete with championship belt. And he is certifiably insane.

You should look it up and give it a shot. It'll take a few episodes to really get into the swing of it; if you make it through a few episodes, you'll know for sure whether this show is for you or not.

If you're not talking about China, Illinois, then... nevermind.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Elentor posted:

No it's totally about that and I never even realized it listening to it like 10 times :stare:

China, IL is really an acquired taste. If you want to get used to the feel of the series, check out a couple of the shorts Brad Neely did for the show before it got picked up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp3wTXYoCCg, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeHlVo__Gmk

S w a y z e fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jul 7, 2015

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Don't forget this old gem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7iVsdRbhnc

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Alan Smithee posted:

Here are some clips that I think give a pretty good feel for the tone of the show, watch these and see if you like them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiQIOiZvTEc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbCNotpW_yk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZMHdozhFrE

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

That second episode was fantastic and Jermaine voicing Fart made me miss Flight of the Conchords:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXTCEQo8tlw

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
To be fair, Brett does a great impression of a 60 something Australian woman.

Just needed more liberal use of the word "love".

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

"THAT'S ACTUALLY MY HAND! That's actually my hand."

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

mr sprinkles kid is in the passneger seat in the new bondfondlers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

Where is our Goonimator?

I am here if you need to talk...

I've been watching this thread meander along for a year now waiting for season 2. Im so glad discussion is starting to pick back up again. welcome back every one.

• Locked thread