Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Beeftweeter posted:

im not sure what you mean by p2v but if you just want to run the macbook's install in a vm you can literally just run it off the disk (or clone it into a disk image) via target disk mode. you dont need to migrate anything, an os x install will run off of any guid hfs+ partition

this is what i thought but the docs for every virtualization platform say this isnt possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

graph posted:

this is what i thought but the docs for every virtualization platform say this isnt possible

i've done it before but i had a hackintosh bootloader (chameleon) and copied over the files that vmware's bootloader for os x used (it [was] a modified version of chameleon). i haven't done this/used chameleon in maybe 6 years or so though so i don't really know how well that method would work today

you could just try setting up an os x vm and then point vmware to the macbook hdd/dmg instead of the vdmk (like it does with boot camp). actually if i had to try i would set up the os x vm and then copy a boot camp vm's hdd file, paste it into the os x vm and change the disk number to the os x hdd

of course since thats something i literally just thought of trying that might not work and is still a bunch of bullshit hoops to jump through so idk. i definitely know its possible to boot a vm off of a physical disk using both vmware and parallels though because i've done it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
also i dont know if its still like this but running os x in a vm back then was a terrible experience since it didnt support any kind of graphics acceleration, so there wasn't any core image

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

graph posted:

I've done it before with Parallels at least.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I am coding a nodejs that has clustering. because of the clusters, multiple ports are used when doing remote debugging. is there an easy way to make intellij idea always listen on all of these ports instead of just a single one when doing remote debugging?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
stop using node

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Shaggar posted:

stop using node

wh0a, just tried this,,, and,,,,,, it worked! :wth:!!!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yw

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
im on windows 8.1
i got teh update that tells you to get windows 10 for free and lives on teh taskbar

my problem is that my cursor keeps randomly doing teh busy cursor

how are these related? well when i get a busy cursor i just click the tray icon for windows 10 to bring up its window, and then my cursor goes back to normal

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

i dont want to uninstall it necessarily because i want the free windows 10

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Do a system restore. that windows update is probably not what is giving you the busy cursor.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

the 2 things seem 100% related though. I'll have to try and see if they aren't

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

bobbilljim posted:

i dont want to uninstall it necessarily because i want the free windows 10

you don't need the update to get the windows 10. all the update does is tell you it's coming.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

bobbilljim posted:

the 2 things seem 100% related though. I'll have to try and see if they aren't

It's probably more like the update thong emits some sort of global signal to turn off the busy mouse thing. Something else is putting it in that state.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
how the gently caress do i find out group ids in loving active directory

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

obstipator posted:

I am coding a nodejs that has clustering. because of the clusters, multiple ports are used when doing remote debugging. is there an easy way to make intellij idea always listen on all of these ports instead of just a single one when doing remote debugging?

can't you put the chrome debugger in a nodejs instance and use that instead of idea

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
*chome

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

graph posted:

how the gently caress do i find out group ids in loving active directory
would you like adsiedit or powershell

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Cocoa Crispies posted:

can't you put the chrome debugger in a nodejs instance and use that instead of idea

whoa maybe. i will try this after america day weekend. thanks

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

obstipator posted:

whoa maybe. i will try this after america day weekend. thanks

https://github.com/node-inspector/node-inspector

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
what fresh gehenna has made you a node.js developer

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

ok well ill just reinstall windows (10) when it comes out.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

anthonypants posted:

would you like adsiedit or powershell

i dont think i have access to the first so the second i guess

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

wolffenstein posted:

you have filevault turned on and didn't enable the other accounts' passwords to unlock the disk.

this was exactly the solution :tipshat:

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

wrong thread

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

bobbilljim posted:

im on windows 8.1
i got teh update that tells you to get windows 10 for free and lives on teh taskbar

my problem is that my cursor keeps randomly doing teh busy cursor

how are these related? well when i get a busy cursor i just click the tray icon for windows 10 to bring up its window, and then my cursor goes back to normal

if the version eight dot turd doesnt get registry editing then lol forever

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

graph posted:

i dont think i have access to the first so the second i guess
get-adgroup -identity [groupname] | select-object *

if you meant the guid you can replace the asterisk with objectguid, if you meant the sid you can replace it with sid, but the asterisk will show you all the properties for the group

if you have a group name with a space in it, surround the group with quotes

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jul 6, 2015

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=58133

how can I get in touch with this guy or change his user name so I can have my old user name back

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

how can I get in touch with this guy or change his user name so I can have my old user name back

wait, which is the real one?
how can we be sure?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

*draws a pentacle and lights candles*

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

wait, which is the real one?
how can we be sure?

its me

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

i pm' them

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

i summoned him in irc

"not sure I want to give 8 of my hard-earned dollars to Richard “Lowtax” Kyanka so that guy can get his username back"

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Cocoa Crispies posted:

i summoned him in irc

"not sure I want to give 8 of my hard-earned dollars to Richard “Lowtax” Kyanka so that guy can get his username back"

loving irc...

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I'll bitcoin him the :10bux:

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
just trade passwords, you can log into his account, he can log into yours

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

just trade passwords, you can log into his account, he can log into yours

good luck I don't know what my password is

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

good luck I don't know what my password is
well he doesn't need to know that, idiot

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
hey which free antivirus is the current "least lovely" option? i used to run microsoft security essentials b/c it was fast as hell but i guess they fell way behind on virus definitions

i generally do safe computing practices (ad-blocker, no flash installed, no java installed, no warez, double bag (two condoms) on my ethernet cable, etc) but i figure i should have *something* on there b/c lol windoze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Cold on a Cob posted:

hey which free antivirus is the current "least lovely" option? i used to run microsoft security essentials b/c it was fast as hell but i guess they fell way behind on virus definitions

i generally do safe computing practices (ad-blocker, no flash installed, no java installed, no warez, double bag (two condoms) on my ethernet cable, etc) but i figure i should have *something* on there b/c lol windoze

microsoft security essentials is good