Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Whoever wrote all the goon dialogue for this trilogy needs a medal. Some of the best ambient dialogue in gaming for sure.

Even the rear end in a top hat generic mercs felt fleshed out, talking about their pasts in wars and the people waiting for them at home, or even just about how loving weird Gotham is to them.

I love how many thugs talk about their kids and partners too. They're people, drat it! And they're all loving idiots who assume that Batman is chasing them down personally whenever they so much as smell Batmobile exhaust. Like he has nothing better to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's too bad MGSV is already done because Kojima totally should have stolen goon dialogue from Arkham Knight.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Detective No. 27 posted:

It's too bad MGSV is already done because Kojima totally should have stolen goon dialogue from Arkham Knight.

"Oh,no,here he comes in the Bossmobile. Watch out for his Bossarangs."

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

redbackground posted:

Because I'm dumb, what was the in-game, given point of capturing the fire squad? Just to slow down and distract Batman?

The psychopathic arsonist double crossed the chief and attacked the crew. Than a bunch of rear end in a top hat thugs teleported the crew to the far reaches of the islands.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

ayn rand hand job posted:

The psychopathic arsonist double crossed the chief and attacked the crew. Than a bunch of rear end in a top hat thugs teleported the crew to the far reaches of the islands.

My major ethical problem with that quest

It seems pretty messed up to put that fire chief guy, who was trying to do the right thing in the wrong way, in a giant cell that also contains Professor Pyg, Deathstroke, and Scarecrow

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

theflyingorc posted:

It seems pretty messed up to put that fire chief guy, who was trying to do the right thing in the wrong way, in a giant cell that also contains Professor Pyg, Deathstroke, and Scarecrow

Me too. Even the dirty cop got his own cell.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Don't you see? He's a super criminal!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

theflyingorc posted:

Dude gets free unlimited opera performances. We should all be so lucky.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Dogen posted:

Don't you see? He's a super criminal!

He's worse than a super criminal. He hires super criminals. That makes him like the boss of the super criminals.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Steve2911 posted:

Whoever wrote all the goon dialogue for this trilogy needs a medal. Some of the best ambient dialogue in gaming for sure.

Even the rear end in a top hat generic mercs felt fleshed out, talking about their pasts in wars and the people waiting for them at home, or even just about how loving weird Gotham is to them.

I love how many thugs talk about their kids and partners too. They're people, drat it! And they're all loving idiots who assume that Batman is chasing them down personally whenever they so much as smell Batmobile exhaust. Like he has nothing better to do.

I like the guy who complains that Batman punches like a rich guy. Like he's got better things to do than beat the crap out of goons.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
So outside of the ACE chemicals part is there ever a time you can have two passengers in the Batmobile?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Ekusukariba posted:

So outside of the ACE chemicals part is there ever a time you can have two passengers in the Batmobile?

Sadly not. Wasted opportunity to leave people strapped down in that thing while you goof off and look for a second villain.

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

The Batmobile passenger seats are one of my favorite things in this game because they are so awkward. "Yeah Jim, just get in this baby carseat and then lie on your back and think of England staring at the sky while I drive 1000mph around the city shooting tanks."

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
To be fair the baby car seat is kind of necessary to avoid ending up with 10,000 shattered bones.

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

It still looks hilarious.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh, there's no doubting that. The whole time I was fighting Pyg I was like "how the hell is Batman gonna stuff his fat rear end into the harness??"

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Steve2911 posted:

To be fair, at least in my game, sometimes he doesn't have anything better to do. I regularly chase down regular cars and hop out to fight random goons that bad mouth me. Except the ones that went 4 games without seeing me.

Aquasnake fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 6, 2015

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Wait a second, Alfred just Facetime'd me to tell me that Knightfall is ready, but I'm sitting on 99% and have a shitload of Riddler to finish.

Will I be loving myself by doing it before doing Riddler? Because if I can get the full ending without dealing with that poo poo then I will.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Steve2911 posted:

Wait a second, Alfred just Facetime'd me to tell me that Knightfall is ready, but I'm sitting on 99% and have a shitload of Riddler to finish.

Will I be loving myself by doing it before doing Riddler? Because if I can get the full ending without dealing with that poo poo then I will.

There's two of those. One for completing most things, and one for completing everything.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

CJacobs posted:

Oh, there's no doubting that. The whole time I was fighting Pyg I was like "how the hell is Batman gonna stuff his fat rear end into the harness??"

I hope the Killer Croc DLC ends with Batman having to use both seats for him.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I hope the Killer Croc DLC ends with Batman having to use both seats for him.

Batman's just gonna tie him to the batmobile's hood with all the dignity of a hunted deer.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The second DLC is about adding new missions to the overworld right?

I doubt they're going to add them to the cells, I suppose it's going to be like Harley Quinn and Hush, locked in their own space (it's a shame you can't bring Harley to the GCPD, especially since they don't do anything with her).

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 6, 2015

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Do all the Riddler challenges involve the Batmobile? Because goddamn, that's lame.

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jul 6, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

10 Beers posted:

Do all the riddle challenges involve the Batmobile? Because goddamn, that's lame.

Nah, he has non-Batmobile ones too.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, he has non-Batmobile ones too.

Thank god!

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
For shits, I'm playing through the hard mode now, and it's pretty hilarious.

Are ground takedowns and knockout smashes from silent takedowns different in hard mode? They never work anymore. The sound effect and animation play through like it does work, but instead of going crazy ragdoll, the thugs just get right up and start attacking me some more. Even if it's the last thug around and it goes into slow motion.

It's like I'm cancelling out of the attack somehow, but I'm not pressing anything to do that.

Is there some new combat mechanic that is only present in hard mode? I'm not seeing any hint or tutorial about it...

Also, the first Azrael side mission was bugged to hell. None of the thugs felt like attacking him, and they just stood there looking dumb. I was able to fear takedown all of them one by one. It was real difficult not being hit.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Batman's been getting lazy with the explosive gel. Used to be he'd do a nice looking bat, ears and points on the wings and all, now he just does a quick wedge and calls it good.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mogomra posted:

Are ground takedowns and knockout smashes from silent takedowns different in hard mode? They never work anymore. The sound effect and animation play through like it does work, but instead of going crazy ragdoll, the thugs just get right up and start attacking me some more. Even if it's the last thug around and it goes into slow motion.

It's like I'm cancelling out of the attack somehow, but I'm not pressing anything to do that.

Is there some new combat mechanic that is only present in hard mode? I'm not seeing any hint or tutorial about it...

Also, the first Azrael side mission was bugged to hell. None of the thugs felt like attacking him, and they just stood there looking dumb. I was able to fear takedown all of them one by one. It was real difficult not being hit.

The last is an ongoing glitch. Apparently thugs will remain 'fixed' on Batman even though the control switches over to Azrael.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Mogomra posted:

I'm just on the regular normal playthrough and I've had Ground Takedown victims get up after doing one, quite a few times now. I wasn't sure if it was a new "thing" or if the game was bugging.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I just noticed a nice use for the line launcher---when you're gliding around the city sometimes you're able to fire it off between points as a makeshift wire to hang out on. I've managed to get it between weird poo poo like the hook from a crane and another building for a super long wire. Kind of neat if you want to survey things or use it in outside predator/Occupy scenarios.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Mazerunner posted:

Batman's been getting lazy with the explosive gel. Used to be he'd do a nice looking bat, ears and points on the wings and all, now he just does a quick wedge and calls it good.

He also barely even flinches when he sets it off. Probably causing himself some real long term inner ear damage.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Steve2911 posted:

He also barely even flinches when he sets it off. Probably causing himself some real long term inner ear damage.

It really bothers me that he doesn't back off at all when he uses the gel on the watchtower consoles. Well, why WOULDN'T I just stand in front of this chest-high computer that's about to explode in my face!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hulk Krogan posted:

It really bothers me that he doesn't back off at all when he uses the gel on the watchtower consoles. Well, why WOULDN'T I just stand in front of this chest-high computer that's about to explode in my face!

He's Batman.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

redbackground posted:

I'm just on the regular normal playthrough and I've had Ground Takedown victims get up after doing one, quite a few times now. I wasn't sure if it was a new "thing" or if the game was bugging.

Interesting. I didn't notice it at all on my first playthrough of the story on normal, but now on hard it's happening every freaking time. Annoying as heck, but I figured I was just doing something wrong.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

He's Batman.

And yet he's a total wimp about being too close to the blast when it's behind a fuckoff huge vault door.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hulk Krogan posted:

And yet he's a total wimp about being too close to the blast when it's behind a fuckoff huge vault door.

To be fair that is explosive gel + several hundred pounds of live ammunition.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair that is explosive gel + several hundred pounds of live ammunition.

ImpAtom posted:

He's Batman.

I fail to see your point :colbert:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

blackguy32 posted:

I fail to see your point :colbert:

Batman is immune to explosions but weak to bullets. Check your Batmon strength/weakness chart, god.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I feel like the explosive gel isn't that explosive and more concussive if I can shoot it on goons and they get up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There should be a tutorial or helpful hint about you being able to place explosive gel on things that move.

• Locked thread