Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012

:spooky:

Shield Dragons take a while to kill, but they can be Berserked, so Golem renders them useless. Summoning Titan a whole lot (Boosted by Samson's Might mixes to speed the process) does the rest, he is still surprisingly strong even right before Exdeath's Castle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Just want to double-check my Exdeath strategy so I don't bash my head against him uselessly if there's a far better option. I have:
- Ninja with Sasuke's Katana and the Dancing Dagger, Crystal Helmet, Mirage Vest, Regen Ring; Mug
- Samurai with Chicken Knife, Masamune, Genji Helm, Genji Armor, Hermes Sandals; Two Weapons
- Berserker with Rune Axe, Giant (Titan? German mobile), Thornlet, Diamond Cuirass, Genji Glove; Two Weapons
- Thief with Parrying Dagger (will never attack, so also back row), Black Hood, Dark (?) Robe, Angel Ring; Zeninage

The plan is to Haste everyone with the Masamune asap during the first phase, then beat that down (it's easy enough if I don't eat all the Meteors). Against NED, I use Magic Lamp asap, then Ninja starts Throwing Fumas at the Almagest part (it's the top one with the red lion head, right?). Samurai also attacks that part because it deals way more damage if Masamune crits than Zeninage, I basically hope for no runs with the Chicken Knife...I'm not sure if I overlooked a better weapon combination here. Thief keeps throwing money. As it's the mobile version, Berserker will keep attacking the front part, there's no possible contribution to destroy the Almagest part quicker.

So far, this has not worked out because Almagest does get through regardless. I survive it sometimes, but solo 200 HP Samurai soon succumbs. Party level is 38. Am I doing something obviously wrong/inefficiently, or should I just hope for better damage rolls? I got a Dragon Lance (instant steal off an old man Avis thing in Catastrophe's room, HA!), will throwing that deal extra damage to maybe even the Almagest part?

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

I'd give the Chicken Knife to your ninja so that you can use Mug to avoid the Flee chance.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
Almagest is the bottom part. The top part is the one that casts Grand Cross.

Since you have a thief, steal a Murakumo from a Yojimbo at the castle part of the Rift. That katana has more power than Masamune. Make the samurai use Murakumo/Masamune. Give the chicken knife to your ninja instead.

Consider getting double Thor's Hammers for your Berserker. They're back-row friendly (nice if zerker targets the back) and stealable from I think Death Claws at the castle.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Spikey posted:

I'd give the Chicken Knife to your ninja so that you can use Mug to avoid the Flee chance.
Had that before, but then there's no chance for Sword Dance to trigger, right? Maybe I should just not hope for that, I guess.

I have a Murakumo from somewhere...also a Thor's Hammer. But unless I'm missing something, it's only advantage is the long range? Mobile version Berserker never attacks back row, so I should be good in that regard. Anyway, as I kill the back part immediately with Odin, should that not be a non-issue anyway?

...also I should be hitting the correct part, I guess :downs:.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also go get hermes sandels for everyone in the party, they're easily the best accessory in the game, they'll save a bunch of buffing turns and also take out like a third of the things that grand cross can do to you

e: yeah don't go sword dance fishing, that's just asking for pain. sasuke's/chicken knife with mug is going to do about the same damage overall but without being heavily luck dependent. also katana crits might be doing more than zeninage every time they happen but it's probably going to do less damage overall because the crit rate is so much lower than zeninage's 100% success rate. tbqh you could probably just go get hermes sandals and put zeninage on everyone but the berserker and just throw gil at neo until he dies

Fungah! fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 6, 2015

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bard/Bard/Samurai/Dancer. Yeehaw. At least it's... a free-ish triple crown? Some day?

Simply Simon posted:

Just want to double-check my Exdeath strategy so I don't bash my head against him uselessly if there's a far better option.

Zerk @ Dual Wield, double Thor's Hammer, Crystal Helmet, Black Garb, Hermes Sandals
Samurai @ Dual Wield, Murakumo/Masamune, Crystal Helmet, Black Garb, Hermes Sandals
Ninja @ Mug, Chicken Knife/Sasuke's Katana, Black Cowl, Black Garb, Hermes Sandals
Thief @ Zeninage, Assassin's Dagger or Main Gauche (based on your not-physical-attacking proviso), Black Cowl, Black Garb, Hermes Sandals

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 29, 2011

Tortolia posted:

Geomancer: I know on iOS they removed the level limitations attached to certain Gaia actions, but Geomancer was actually a solid performer for me in a lot of environments - Cave-In and some of the desert area attacks were super powerful, and there were a lot of enemies that were quickly dispatched via the Twister/Hurricane style single-digit HP effects on enemies. Obviously there's cases where Gaia is NOT useful, but in those cases I just had them Sing. Also they were my tankiest character, which is kind of sad, but those 200 extra HP actually did matter at times.
Yeah, that's exactly why Geo completely reverses its position on mobile: access to reskinned Meteo and Hurricane in some of the most annoying locations is c-r-a-z-y. Still no better for stuff like Soul Cannon, but being able to free ride through the majority of the randoms in the game is ridiculously good.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Fungah! posted:

also go get hermes sandels for everyone in the party, they're easily the best accessory in the game, they'll save a bunch of buffing turns and also take out like a third of the things that grand cross can do to you

e: yeah don't go sword dance fishing, that's just asking for pain. sasuke's/chicken knife with mug is going to do about the same damage overall but without being heavily luck dependent. also katana crits might be doing more than zeninage every time they happen but it's probably going to do less damage overall because the crit rate is so much lower than zeninage's 100% success rate. tbqh you could probably just go get hermes sandals and put zeninage on everyone but the berserker and just throw gil at neo until he dies
Zeninage does 2700 damage, I highly doubt I can get the Almagest part blitzed down just by throwing money at the problem...

I do have four Hermes Sandals (and initially tried the fight with those), I was not really convinced, but I guess I can give it a few more tries.

Again, is Thor's Hammer really better than the Rune/Giant's Axe if the Berserker always attacks the front row?

EDIT: got it. Thanks!

Simply Simon fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 6, 2015

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yes, because you can put your Berserker in the back row and the only thing that is a risk to it is Almagest.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

Bard/Bard/Samurai/Dancer. Yeehaw. At least it's... a free-ish triple crown? Some day?

Zerk @ Dual Wield, double Thor's Hammer, Crystal Helmet, Black Garb, Hermes Sandals
Samurai @ Dual Wield, Murakumo/Masamune, Crystal Helmet, Black Garb, Hermes Sandals
Ninja @ Mug, Chicken Knife/Sasuke's Katana, Black Cowl, Black Garb, Hermes Sandals
Thief @ Zeninage, Assassin's Dagger or Main Gauche (based on your not-physical-attacking proviso), Black Cowl, Black Garb, Hermes Sandals

Start farming Elixirs, Adamantoise and Archaeoavis are rough with 4 bards.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

derra posted:

Start farming Elixirs, Adamantoise and Archaeoavis are rough with 4 bards.

This is part of the good side of fiestamod - I had my Samurai for those. Not that it helped much on Adamantoise. :shepicide:

The bad side is poo poo like Magissa/Forza and Garula with 4 bards.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Going back to the Sealed Castle after Moore but before meatfort, I take it?

I wonder if this would work in Regole to get Krile drunk enough that she channels her dead grandpa.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

KataraniSword posted:

I wonder if this would work in Regole to get Krile drunk enough that she channels her dead grandpa.

I'll try it!

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009
I am an idiot who deleted my save game trying to redo stuff on my machine. Is there an easy way to cheat back to the Meat Fort?

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
Knife run (Ninja, Ninja, Samurai, Dancer) completed. Pretty easy, Shinryu went down quickly as well. Don't feel like grinding for Omega, though.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012

KataraniSword posted:

Yep.

Is Gil Turtle weak to any elements? I know its completely optional, but I figure I might as well give it a shot since I have the ability to apply Float, Protect, Haste and can cast Golem.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Ilyich posted:

Yep.

Is Gil Turtle weak to any elements? I know its completely optional, but I figure I might as well give it a shot since I have the ability to apply Float, Protect, Haste and can cast Golem.

Ice, but seriously do not waste your time.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Like any good Final Fantasy amphibian, Gil Turtle is weak to ice. He starts out with Protect and Shell, though, so he won't go down easily.

Edit: Beaten like anyone trying to take on Gil Turtle.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

Ilyich posted:

Yep.

His only weakness is his desire to give out FABULOUS PRIZES!!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kokbJvSEMUY

Dance Exdeath to death!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

My Galuf did that, too, only in a fursuit. :getin:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Ilyich posted:

Yep.

He's Undead but absorbs Holy. If you have a Bard, you can use that to Requiem him to death. If not, then it's just a mean thing to keep in mind.

Mustard Iceman
Apr 8, 2015

Weak against ketchup

Gilgabot finally found my breaking point.

This... is a terrible end-game party. Basically every boss fight is going to be "release four creatures with Breath Wing" which means grinding 1380 ABP in World 2 so that everybody knows !Catch before the Crystals fight.

Even four Breath Wings will still leave about 10-15K HP on each part of NED... If I can even kill Tree Exdeath...

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Mustard Iceman posted:

This... is a terrible end-game party. Basically every boss fight is going to be "release four creatures with Breath Wing" which means grinding 1380 ABP in World 2 so that everybody knows !Catch before the Crystals fight.

Even four Breath Wings will still leave about 10-15K HP on each part of NED... If I can even kill Tree Exdeath...

knight's good at least, you've got that going for you. and you should be able to a) kill shinryu (and omega) and b) actually use the ragnarok, so that's cool.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
So, Mystic Knight/Samurai/Samurai/Dragoon.
Neo Exdeath just 1-shots my entire team with Algamest at his leisure. Should I just throw Jump on everybody and hope enough people are airborne at a time to get through it? It's terribly frustrating.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Mustard Iceman posted:

I did it with a Monk, Berserker, Beastmaster, Dancer party.

It'll be annoying, sure, but manageable. Don't forget about the Magic Lamp either. Odin outright kills the dude at the back of the pack.

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands

Poulpe posted:

Neo Exdeath just 1-shots my entire team with Algamest at his leisure. Should I just throw Jump on everybody and hope enough people are airborne at a time to get through it? It's terribly frustrating.

With Knight/Berserker/Ranger/Samurai my strategy to get rid of Algamest ended up being to have Wall Rings on everyone and hope for Delta Attack to reflect back on it :v:
I'm not sure what the actual odds of that are, but it happened for me twice in four attempts.

edit: oh yeah... Break Blade... duh

SuperHappy fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jul 7, 2015

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

I did it with a Monk, Berserker, Beastmaster, Dancer party.

It'll be annoying, sure, but manageable. Don't forget about the Magic Lamp either. Odin outright kills the dude at the back of the pack.

might even be worth holding onto the first few casts too, do bahamut/leviathan/syldra with the rdm/geo and everything else is probably pretty close to dead after the breath wings

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

i took the flame shield. what are you gonna do about it kid? :unsmigghh:

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012

Got a Gil Turtle kill. Once I got everything set up (Protect, Haste, 2x HP and Golem), it was a simple matter of waiting for Faris to hit him enough times with the Icebrand. I was doing roughly 2,000 damage per hit, it didn't take too long.

I killed Exdeath again too. Forgot to equip my Wall Rings, turned out I didn't need them anyway. 4 Flame Rings and Golem meant that only his Thundaga spells were doing damage once I got him to his 2nd phase.

Edit. I tried using Carbuncle instead of Wall Rings, but the effect doesn't last very long and I only managed to reflect 1 spell back at Exdeath. Probably just me being bad at timing.

biscuits and crazy fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jul 6, 2015

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Poulpe posted:

You have Mystic Knight.

Petrify the piece that casts it with Break Blade. :)

mismatch tea
Nov 1, 2010

Poulpe posted:

You have mystic knight; break sword works on the almagest part

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Mustard Iceman posted:

Eh, it shouldn't be too bad. Get the Flame Shield instead of the Aegis Shield in the Forest of Moore and the Crystals will be manageable. NED is a bit more annoying, but the Knight does solid damage and probably has enough HP to survive one Almagest, the Geomancer's Wind Slash is pretty decent, and Protect and Cura help out a lot.

Edit: The Almagest part is also classified as a Magic Beast, so the Beast Killer Whip will always score a critical hit against it.

Samuel Clemens fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jul 6, 2015

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Tsurupettan posted:

i took the flame shield. what are you gonna do about it kid? :unsmigghh:

error

Samuel Clemens posted:

Get the Flame Shield instead of the Aegis Shield in the Forest of Moore

ERROR

DOES NOT COMPUTE

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
.dd

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

if you want flame res for the crystals grind for a single flame ring, it takes like no time with FF and even on hardware it's only like 30-45 minutes (i know because i did it last week). the aegis shield is a million times better

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Samuel Clemens posted:

Eh, it shouldn't be too bad. Get the Flame Shield instead of the Aegis Shield in the Forest of Moore and the Crystals will be manageable.

Dragondarch? Is that you?

E: Also I'd swap Bard/Bard/Samurai/Dancer for Knight/Red Mage/Geomancer/Beastmaster in a goddamned heartbeat. That's an amazing team. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Fungah! posted:

if you want flame res for the crystals grind for a single flame ring, it takes like no time with FF and even on hardware it's only like 30-45 minutes (i know because i did it last week). the aegis shield is a million times better

The Aegis Shield is much better for the final areas, but you can get another one in Istory. The only fight before that where you'd really want it is Exdeath, and that fight is pretty easy with a Beastmaster anyway. I'd rather save myself the hassle of grinding for Flame Rings in World 1.

• Locked thread