Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
unlike new zealand, it's possible to locate california on a majority of maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I have been to Canadian Maine, aka rural Noveau Brunswick and it's the kind of place where entire villages are probably full of vampires or whatever the Acadian version of undead bloodsuckers are.

very spoopy would visit again.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

PleasingFungus posted:

california is 50% larger than new zealand by area, seven times larger by population, and thirteen times larger by productivity. however, new zealand still possesses a significant lead in the 'sheepfucking' sector

ah but both californians and new zealanders literally cant shut up about where theyre from

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
new zealand: 'that's a province of australia or something, right?'

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
iowa is nice.

just don't go west of des moines. or waterloo.

alright i take it back.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Acadia National Park is a great vacation destination.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

PleasingFungus posted:

new zealand: 'britain without the culture or academics'

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

I have not done the blue hair so I guess I can't be a "woman of tech" until then

you mean you dont have pink and blue hair like your avatar?

immersion ruined

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
back when wikipedia allowed 'in popular culture' sections, new zealand had one. it consisted entirely of a link to a 1988 arcade game, developed by a confused japanese man fresh from a vacation to some place with 'boomerangs' and 'kookaburras'

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

:unsmith:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

california has a lot of scenic state and national parks, owing in part to its size and varied elevation which allows for a lot of climate diversity

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

i like how california allows motorcyclists to split lanes in traffic

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKBbuFS8Ipg&hd=1

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

PleasingFungus posted:

back when wikipedia allowed 'in popular culture' sections, new zealand had one. it consisted entirely of a link to a 1988 arcade game, developed by a confused japanese man fresh from a vacation to some place with 'boomerangs' and 'kookaburras'

that's doubtful considering the existence of peter jackson

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Pleasingfungus seems like your typical angry californian

He's gonna tell us how he's a liberal but has libertarian leanings, and loves the idea of comunisim, next

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
a friend of mine in the city was living 'off-lease' and paying $2200 for a 1bdrm thing and just got notice that they're increasing the rent to $5500

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

wrestling is for children and manbabies

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:(:(:(:(:(:(
http://www.sewingandembroiderywarehouse.com/embtrb.htm

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Beast of Bourbon posted:

a friend of mine in the city was living 'off-lease' and paying $2200 for a 1bdrm thing and just got notice that they're increasing the rent to $5500

pwnt

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

SF is loving insane

You can live in Chicago, objectively a better city than SF and arguably the best city in the world, for like $850 for a spacious 1BD or a cozy 2BD and not even have to live in the "bad" (read: primarily nonwhite) areas

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Skarp posted:

wrestling is for children and manbabies

ill kick your arse

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

come to the squared circle in 15 minutes if u want an rear end kicking

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Beast of Bourbon posted:

lol if you rent without a contract

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kuvo posted:

lol if you rent without a contract

lol if you live somewhere where the law wouldn't protect you from that level of price hike anyway

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Beast of Bourbon posted:

:capitalism:

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

PipeRifle posted:

SF is loving insane

You can live in Chicago, objectively a better city than SF and arguably the best city in the world, for like $850 for a spacious 1BD or a cozy 2BD and not even have to live in the "bad" (read: primarily nonwhite) areas

I have a spacious 2BR for $950 and the only caveat is taking pub-trans to work takes a while but it's fine because I read. If you're a driver it's even easier. Chicago is very good

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I might could live in Chicago but its got winter which im pretty sick of

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
when i lived in dallas i lived in the 30k millionaire "upscale" part of town for younger people (west village) and paid like $821/month for a 2bdrm condo with a garage walking distance from everything.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Shaggar posted:

the $4500 a month you save will pay for a lot of heating

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

:(

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

univbee posted:

the $4500 a month you save will pay for a lot of heating

I live in maine now so when I move somewhere idk if I want to move somewhere w/ the same weather.

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Shaggar posted:

yeah winter is brutal BUT most places have free heat if you're renting from a cool and good person. If you don't have to worry about parking it's not so bad

Being a homeowner would mean a lot more chores but if you rent and someone else takes care of shoveling and heating and you don't need to constantly move your car for plowing or drive in the ice and snow, it's all right. I have had more "jesus christ gently caress this poo poo" days in the CA heat than I ever had in the Chicago cold

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Pleasingfungus seems like your typical angry californian

He's gonna tell us how he's a liberal but has libertarian leanings, and loves the idea of comunisim, next

bay area startup tech worker (salary: deece six and a half figgies), have you checked out that new gourmet burger place?, hates public transit (all of *those people* riding it, you know), you simply have to try my doula's kale chips!,

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
in conclusion, california's good. please respect california.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

PleasingFungus posted:

bay area startup tech worker (salary: deece six and a half figgies), have you checked out that new gourmet burger place?, hates public transit (all of *those people* riding it, you know), you simply have to try my doula's kale chips!,

i don't know what any of these words mean

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Shaggar posted:

I live in maine now

not for long lmao, enjoy dying to a haunted wheelchair or ghost lizard.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

PleasingFungus posted:

actually new zealand story owns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YViBVvjn5K4

its me

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Shaggar posted:

I live in maine now so when I move somewhere idk if I want to move somewhere w/ the same weather.

i went to maine with some friends once and rented a cabin on moosehead lake and then we all got drunk and jumped into moosehead lake naked in the wee hours of the morning and it was very cold

welp that's my maine story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Beast of Bourbon posted:

Weird that you'd have semi-annual rent like that

Right?

• Locked thread