Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I didn't realize those contours had a decent following. Might be a fun car to pick up for a couple thousand and drive the piss out of.

To bad its not AWD, that would sell me on it. I know the Jaguar X-Type is the same thing, but its much heavier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I didn't realize those contours had a decent following. Might be a fun car to pick up for a couple thousand and drive the piss out of.

To bad its not AWD, that would sell me on it. I know the Jaguar X-Type is the same thing, but its much heavier.

I just checked, the beater SVTC is no longer on Craigslist locally and now there's a really nice one but it's $4600. Dude's dreaming.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

kastein posted:

Well that sure is a "cencal style truck".

Don't you dare compare those to hellaflush tardmobiles within earshot of lovers of either though because the results are usually illogical, irate rants from offensively stupid, very angry wankers.

It is possible that several strategically placed sleeper agents could infiltrate both these groups and turn them against each other so that they wipe themselves off the face of the planet. Then a new, hopefully better (but probably worse) car subculture could rise like a phoenix from the ashes. We did it to Iran, we can do it to them.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

kastein posted:

Well that sure is a "cencal style truck".

Don't you dare compare those to hellaflush tardmobiles within earshot of lovers of either though because the results are usually illogical, irate rants from offensively stupid, very angry wankers.

Central california needs more off-camber corners. With exceedingly dangerous or fatal hazards on the outside radius.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

IPCRESS posted:

Central california needs more off-camber corners. With exceedingly dangerous or fatal hazards on the outside radius.

Ah, yes, you want motorcyclists to die. I see.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

"Well drat, how much ground clearance ya got" *ignores response, measures for myself* "I never thought six inches was all that much..."

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/st-albert/classic-300-zx/1078642313?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Yes, I am sure it's in absolutely excellent condition, but the only way this thing would be worth near $18 THOUSAND DOLLARS$ is if it was literally brand new and not registered.

It's not even a Turbo.

quote:

Mint condition. Original owner, leather seats, driver's seat has lumbar support , air conditioner, original paint and tires and mags. SERIOUS BUYER ONLY AND NO TRADES or money order.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008
I love the constant requests for SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY. While we're at it why don't we daydream for SERIOUS SELLERS ONLY.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Rhyno posted:

I just checked, the beater SVTC is no longer on Craigslist locally and now there's a really nice one but it's $4600. Dude's dreaming.

If someone is gonna spend that kind of money, might as well get a LS V6 with a 5 speed or go big and get a Marauder. At least parts aren't impossible to find for the Lincoln and Mercury.

edit

In other news, been trying to get some decent photos out of the owner of this beauty.

The vinyl top was removed and sanded/primered, but the rest looks amazing with the original wheels and even the factory stereo still in it.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 4, 2015

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

Sir Tonk posted:

If someone is gonna spend that kind of money, might as well get a LS V6 with a 5 speed or go big and get a Marauder. At least parts aren't impossible to find for the Lincoln and Mercury.

edit

In other news, been trying to get some decent photos out of the owner of this beauty.

The vinyl top was removed and sanded/primered, but the rest looks amazing with the original wheels and even the factory stereo still in it.

That's a fox platform right? Turbo'd LQ4.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Or.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261948124299

But seriously, I've already got the Volv8 project to contend with. If I was going to get that Fairmont, I'd keep the straight six and use it as a DD.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

slidebite posted:

Up here in Canada Kijiji is the used ad platform of choice, but craigs is still around but 80% scams. It's probably just automated scam ads or something.

That depends on where you are in Canada. At least when I was looking around a few years ago, Craigslist is way more popular in Vancouver/Lower Mainland than Kijiji is.

1st Edition ADandD
Aug 31, 2009

slidebite posted:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/st-albert/classic-300-zx/1078642313?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Yes, I am sure it's in absolutely excellent condition, but the only way this thing would be worth near $18 THOUSAND DOLLARS$ is if it was literally brand new and not registered.

It's not even a Turbo.

Especially because I'm pretty sure that isn't actually the original paint, I didn't think black ever came with tan interior. And did 85NAs come with the spoiler and wacky paint, like, ever? And was the GLL even available in Canada as a 2-seat manual? I'm guessing the car's got a bit more of a story than that...

If all of those things are true it would be a pretty sweet ride for $10K though.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5072706092.html

Soooo, anyone got an ex they want to keep an eye on?

The curtained doorway is a nice touch.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I like the wood paneling, lmao

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5090680013.html

:psyduck:

edit

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5068330718.html

:stare:

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jul 5, 2015

Propaganda Bob
Aug 26, 2006

Not one step backwards!

Why does it sit like a dog dragging its rear end on the carpet?

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
From that guy's miata ad

quote:

and don't want you to work on your car besides changing a tire.....

That's a shame. I have a burning hatred for my car and was hoping he would do some of that human-centipede level of torture to it.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
The brazzers logo sticker just really ties the interior together.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I was gonna go with the Bud Light keg shifter, but you're probably correct.

Maybe if it was Bud Light with Lime.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
My favorite part is

quote:

the wheels are 15 x 8 0 offset diamonds with great tires and are powdercoated in the last of its color ever can't order it anymore and can't have it made anymore
OK so I can't get black powder coated wheels anymore?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't even know who would be interested in that Miata. No enthusiast would touch it, no grassroots racer/autox/time attack person would touch it, and nobody looking for something sporty would touch it. And then you have the ridiculous statements and prices.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
5 bucks says the spun bearing has something to do with that stupid front mount oil cooler

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
An incredibly trashy wannabe drifter/boy racer?

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Somewhere is a 16 year old that thinks that car is bitchin'.

(I once was a good 16 year with a terrible taste in cars and 0 automotive knowledge)

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Someone needs to buy this so I can live vicariously through them.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

1st Edition ADandD posted:

Especially because I'm pretty sure that isn't actually the original paint, I didn't think black ever came with tan interior. And did 85NAs come with the spoiler and wacky paint, like, ever? And was the GLL even available in Canada as a 2-seat manual? I'm guessing the car's got a bit more of a story than that...

If all of those things are true it would be a pretty sweet ride for $10K though.

Nah, no reason to doubt that's original. I saw a few just like it in the day and there is a 2+2 just like it locally (in far worse shape though). Guy is completely off his rocker though.
DON'T WASTE HIS TIME. HE IS SERIOUS.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Someone needs to buy this so I can live vicariously through them.

That's pretty tempting and not too far from where I am in Central Jersey. :allears:

Then again, I'm not sure what I would do with it (unlike, say, a '69 Corvette Stingray) though I would imagine it would serve almost the same purpose as my 2012 Impreza. Plus, I'm not currently in a situation where I can store and manage two cars. Maybe sell or trade the Impreza?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I added the "IROC Z" look(NOT a real IROC but it is a REAL Z car)

These 2 seater conversions r SUPER RARE and r SUPER COOL!!!

So rare and cool that he dropped the price by $2000 between ads and then left the old one up.

edit

Almost as funny as the guy asking three grand more than the listing for the same car from two weeks before that was never taken down by the previous owner.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jul 7, 2015

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
I want this if for no other reason than the paint job.

Too bad that the paint is probably what's holding the body together.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I want this if for no other reason than the paint job.

Too bad that the paint is probably what's holding the body together.

That thing is cool looking but is SUPER overpriced for how lovely the seller admits it is.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Astonishing Wang posted:

That thing is cool looking but is SUPER overpriced for how lovely the seller admits it is.
It seems that most of the broncos I find on CL are greatly overpriced.

This is a beautiful example of a Bronco, but holy gently caress when they start commanding retarded amounts of money?

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5110559383.html

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Full size Broncos and Blazers have been going for close to ten grand for a least half a decade. Not sure why, I never see restored ones driving around.

The older and smaller Bronco from the 60's made sense from a design perspective, but the clamor for malaise era trucks is kinda weird.

But people have been paying money for Mustang II's instead of paying people to take them away, so nothing really makes sense anymore.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
The car market is all sorts of strange. I blame the Barret Jackson hype - Every thing is worth money.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

It seems that most of the broncos I find on CL are greatly overpriced.

This is a beautiful example of a Bronco, but holy gently caress when they start commanding retarded amounts of money?

Around the same time older Jeeps started getting stupid overpriced - when everyone realized that all the SUVs made in the last 15-20 years were designed more for mall crawling than trail crawling and that they'd have to get something older if they wanted to go wheeling.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

HotCanadianChick posted:

Around the same time older Jeeps started getting stupid overpriced - when everyone realized that all the SUVs made in the last 15-20 years were designed more for mall crawling than trail crawling and that they'd have to get something older if they wanted to go wheeling.

I beg to differ, there have been several excellent off road trucks made in the past 20 years. Toyota 4Runners, FJ40, & Land Cruisers, Land Rover Discoveries, Jeep Wrangler, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee (WJ and older) are all excellent off road capable vehicles that are cheap that I can think off the top of my head.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
Speaking of, a buddy of mine is trying to offload his '96 Cherokee for $1800 around Dayton, OH

http://toledo.craigslist.org/cto/5107481906.html

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Sir Tonk posted:

I added the "IROC Z" look(NOT a real IROC but it is a REAL Z car)

These 2 seater conversions r SUPER RARE and r SUPER COOL!!!

So rare and cool that he dropped the price by $2000 between ads and then left the old one up.

edit

Almost as funny as the guy asking three grand more than the listing for the same car from two weeks before that was never taken down by the previous owner.

I don't know about this car in particular (2 seater conversion :psyduck: ) but clean 3rd gen F-bodies are definitely on the upswing pricewise. Clean / nice ones are such a rarity these days that they command a premium over what you would have expected to pay even a few years ago.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Yeah that seems to be the case with a lot of stuff from the 80's, but F bodies are rather susceptible. I really like the looks of the Camaro convertibles and would love to get a GTA Trans Am with the turbo, but they're way too pricey now and were never good cars.

I'd argue that the El Camino was the bellwether for 80's cars being seriously overvalued, those things have been going for well over five grand since the early 2000's. Less common stuff like the Grand National and SVO Mustang has always been pricey, but if you told someone in 1983 that a bone stock V6 El Camino would be worth more than a Corvette from that same year they'd laugh you out of town.

That and all the people eating up G bodies for donks... I'll never get my '83 Hurst/Olds :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
I'm having a really hard time trying not to at least call this guy