Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

It hasn't aired yet but it sounds like it's going to be amazing. They go to some kind of theme park and Vegeta is super pissy because he knows Goku gets to train while he's stuck riding dumb train rides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Babe Magnet posted:

It hasn't aired yet but it sounds like it's going to be amazing. They go to some kind of theme park and Vegeta is super pissy because he knows Goku gets to train while he's stuck riding dumb train rides.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

This is going to be at least as good as the driving lessons, then.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Cleretic posted:

Is this on par with Goku and Piccolo getting driver's lessons?

Because I had that episode on VHS, so it's close to my heart. I want those costumes in Xenoverse like, now.

The first episode was Trunks and Goten getting Videl a wedding present.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Chaeden posted:

I highly suggest Perfect Kamehameha(Learned from Cell), especially with his z-soul that makes you just plain invulnerable while using it.

Late, but I stumbled upon this combination (perfect kamehameha and super sayian) pretty early on and never had a ton of trouble with anything. I've never used an item and have beaten everything. Didn't even have to bother with the z-soul. If I actually tried tweaking my build or using the z-soul, I probably would've died less on the harder ones (featuring 3 ssj's at a time or the whis/beerus ones). But just being able to spam that ability is stupidly strong. If you actually plan around it I can only imagine how good it can be.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I agree with Ugato, to an extent. Super Vegeta + Perfect Kamehameha is an amazing combination for sheer damage, but it doesn't stop you from being a Saiyan, whenever you're not dealing damage, you're losing half your health in a single blow. And the later PQs, especially the latest DLC ones, are extremely aggresive and long, you will run out of Ki before beating everyone, and they hit far harder than you do even at high as hell levels (saying this as a level 86 with 100 points in Ki and special)

Keep those healing items handy, they're good. Plus they're cheap as hell, so you never have any reason to not have the highest-power HP items on your four slots at all times.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Oh, no, don't get me wrong. I know items are the way to play. And even in the later missions you have to work out when/how you can stop to Maximum Charge your way back up to reasonable Ki levels. But I just wanted to point out that that combination alone is enough to carry you through every PQ in the base game and the first DLC with 100 points in blasts + blast clothing being my only attempts to optimize my build. Using the z-soul, having cell as your active mentor and swapping out skills to have useful things for a particular fight (as well as using items) should make for an enormous difference.

Also, learn how to throw and juggle with melee attacks. And learn how much time you have to charge between blasts. That last was probably what most allowed me to make my way through without changing anything else about my character. If you let ssj DROP you are definitely in deep poo poo. But as log as you can keep alternating ult / maximum charge and stay in ssj mode, you can outlast pretty much anything.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So I tried grinding PQ 12 for dragon balls for about 45 minutes this afternoon. For the first 20 minutes I was going to PQ 12, loading up, checking for the time patroller, if he's there, beat him up, it says 'Gained Material Item', so then I reset. If they aren't there, I reset as well. To reset I was going back to Toki Toki City.

Then I read that I could just 'Retry' and it would work the same way instead of going all the way back to Toki Toki. So then I spent another 20-25 minutes just using 'retry' and sometimes the dude would be there, sometimes now. However this time it was always the same Freiza clan dude. Whenever I beat him up, I got 'Material Item'.

I'm not insane right, I should be resetting for 'Key Item' being a dragon ball? I only have 2, so I didn't think it would take this long to even get one more!

Is resetting via 'Retry' not actually going to reset what I would get? When I eventually said gently caress it and finished the PQ because I was quitting, I got a legendary Hercule badge, and a common one, and some other capsule poo poo.

On a side note, are the Hercule badges actually used for something useful, or should I just sell them and spend my money buying up everything in the shops to just have it all at my disposal?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Drowning Rabbit posted:

So I tried grinding PQ 12 for dragon balls for about 45 minutes this afternoon. For the first 20 minutes I was going to PQ 12, loading up, checking for the time patroller, if he's there, beat him up, it says 'Gained Material Item', so then I reset. If they aren't there, I reset as well. To reset I was going back to Toki Toki City.

Then I read that I could just 'Retry' and it would work the same way instead of going all the way back to Toki Toki. So then I spent another 20-25 minutes just using 'retry' and sometimes the dude would be there, sometimes now. However this time it was always the same Freiza clan dude. Whenever I beat him up, I got 'Material Item'.

I'm not insane right, I should be resetting for 'Key Item' being a dragon ball? I only have 2, so I didn't think it would take this long to even get one more!

Is resetting via 'Retry' not actually going to reset what I would get? When I eventually said gently caress it and finished the PQ because I was quitting, I got a legendary Hercule badge, and a common one, and some other capsule poo poo.

On a side note, are the Hercule badges actually used for something useful, or should I just sell them and spend my money buying up everything in the shops to just have it all at my disposal?

Yeah its key item. And yeah you sell em for money.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

You will get the dragon ball eventually, I have done it via the 'Retry' method myself, it just takes a while because the dragon balls are pretty rare.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Drowning Rabbit posted:

When you beat a Time Patroller, you get TWO items, each of which has its own popup, and the Dragon Ball is always the second item if you got one. If you get a Dragon Ball, you would get a "Gained Material Item!" popup, then when that one disappears, you will get a second popup that says "Gained Key Item!". If you didn't get a DB, you'll get a material item popup followed by a second material item popup. It sounds like you're resetting on the first item popup, which is never a DB, without waiting for the second one which might or might not be a DB.

And yeah, just sell Hercule badges.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Main Paineframe posted:

When you beat a Time Patroller, you get TWO items, each of which has its own popup, and the Dragon Ball is always the second item if you got one. If you get a Dragon Ball, you would get a "Gained Material Item!" popup, then when that one disappears, you will get a second popup that says "Gained Key Item!". If you didn't get a DB, you'll get a material item popup followed by a second material item popup. It sounds like you're resetting on the first item popup, which is never a DB, without waiting for the second one which might or might not be a DB.

And yeah, just sell Hercule badges.

Oh god drat. I'll have to try this again, as I likely wasn't waiting for a "Key Item" pop up.

:suicide:

E: Welp, that was it! Thank you so much. I just spent like 10 minutes pretty much killing patrollers on auto-pilot while dealing with work stuff and got 2 dragon balls. :D

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jul 6, 2015

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i wish cpu allies didn't die so fast and fail you on time patrol missions (gently caress you trunks!)

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Which one is the Tien DLC. I only see the 2 GT packs and the Resurection F one.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

He's in GT pack 1.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

The first GT pack gets you Yamcha and Tien as mentors. Yamcha sucks.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

mabels big day posted:

You say that like anyone expects otherwise.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Speaking of DLC, the season pass is actually cheaper on steam than getting all three DLCs, so if anyone is going vanilla and considering picking them up, the season pass gets you all three DLCs and any future ones for five bucks cheaper than JUST getting the three currently out DLCs :v:

mabels big day posted:

I genuinely feel bad for that guy :(

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Some Numbers posted:

You say that like anyone expects otherwise.

Remember when Yamcha was the only character in Budokai 3 whose attack did zero damage (and actually hurt himself) if you didn't beat the opponent's defense?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Danaru posted:

I like his Wolf Fang Fist. Spirit Ball, however, is really disappointing. They could have make it so that Ultimate bounced between all enemies or focus on a single one for multiple hits instead you're expected to control it but I've yet to know how the hell since it moves so fast.

What sort of things can your character get on offline patrols when they are hired out by other players? Is it just items or can they get equipment and skills too?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Danaru posted:

Speaking of DLC, the season pass is actually cheaper on steam than getting all three DLCs, so if anyone is going vanilla and considering picking them up, the season pass gets you all three DLCs and any future ones for five bucks cheaper than JUST getting the three currently out DLCs :v:

Well, the Season Pass only contains the GT Pack 1, GT Pack 2, and Resurrection F Pack. (But yeah, the discount is intentional; I've only very rarely seen a season pass that doesn't give at least a paltry discount over buying everything individually.)

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Are there any possibility of more DLC coming out? Will we see a Super pack (not the political kind) with Champa, girl whis, and any other Super original characters? Hell, new moves and some new missions are pretty good on their own.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Covok posted:

Are there any possibility of more DLC coming out? Will we see a Super pack (not the political kind) with Champa, girl whis, and any other Super original characters? Hell, new moves and some new missions are pretty good on their own.

There's always the possibility; but I would think we would have heard something about it by now.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Danaru posted:

At least he can sleep now that we helped him kill some Saibamen. If nothing else, I hope the side characters get some noticeably new designs in Super as its going to be hard to differentiate older Yamcha's hair from a older Goten.

Look, I know I enjoy Xenoverse for the punch mans, but could we please have some silly poo poo like riding around on the train car with the bra family in Xeno 2: Dimensional War of Z? It can even be just a side episode where we smack Vegeta around so he can stop whining and have some fun with his family.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Crabtree posted:

Look, I know I enjoy Xenoverse for the punch mans, but could we please have some silly poo poo like riding around on the train car with the bra family in Xeno 2: Dimensional War of Z? It can even be just a side episode where we smack Vegeta around so he can stop whining and have some fun with his family.

I want a DLC that consists only of casual outfits for as many characters as possible. Goku and Piccolo in their driving test clothes, Gohan's sweater and tie, Vegeta's BADMAN shirt, Yamcha's baseball uniform, Krillin with hair... Master Roshi can be the trainer.

EDIT: And on the topic of what's actually in the game, I seem to have gotten back on my feet after grabbing Vacation Delete. It's a pretty good partner to Explosive Assault, which can't hit someone right in your face. But god drat, how is it so hard to find clothes that boost both ki and ki supers? I'm at the Buu Saga, and I haven't been able to find any clothes that boost both of those stats since the Orin Temple gear.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jul 7, 2015

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Jimbot posted:

I like his Wolf Fang Fist. Spirit Ball, however, is really disappointing. They could have make it so that Ultimate bounced between all enemies or focus on a single one for multiple hits instead you're expected to control it but I've yet to know how the hell since it moves so fast.

Mash the button after you fire off the attack.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

this game is super frustrating. gently caress pq 21. gently caress me.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Crabtree posted:

At least he can sleep now that we helped him kill some Saibamen. If nothing else, I hope the side characters get some noticeably new designs in Super as its going to be hard to differentiate older Yamcha's hair from a older Goten.

I really want a mission where you beat the poo poo out of Vegeta in his Bad Man shirt because he's being a little bitch about family time. Like, just instead of Trunks on the PS4 controller speaker talking at you it's Bulma shouting at him to stop being such a dick for just five minutes and spend some time with his son.

Give us stupid poo poo, Xenoverse, you're prime for it.

Captain Q
Nov 30, 2005

I CONJURE THIS INTREPID FANTASYSCAPE WITH TEARS BLED FROM THE WISDOM-WEARY EYES OF FIFTY THOUSAND IMAGINARY MAGICIANS

Cleretic posted:

But god drat, how is it so hard to find clothes that boost both ki and ki supers? I'm at the Buu Saga, and I haven't been able to find any clothes that boost both of those stats since the Orin Temple gear.

The Ultimate Turtle Hermit gear gives +3 to ki supers and health, but not Ki. You could combine it with a Z soul that gives +Ki maybe?

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Cleretic posted:

But god drat, how is it so hard to find clothes that boost both ki and ki supers? I'm at the Buu Saga, and I haven't been able to find any clothes that boost both of those stats since the Orin Temple gear.

The only good clothes I know of that boosts both is the Vegito Clothes Set; which is a super annoying to farm set from pq 49 saiyan revolt.

Madmarker fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 7, 2015

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Madmarker posted:

The only good clothes I know of that boosts both is the Vegito Clothes Set; which is a super annoying to farm set from pq 49 saiyan revolt.

I farmed it before the RNG patch. gently caress. Me.

When the gently caress is World Tournament mode??

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

So can someone tell me what is up with the Vegeta mentor questline? The Z-Soul he wants from PQ 5 just refuses to drop.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Raxivace posted:

So can someone tell me what is up with the Vegeta mentor questline? The Z-Soul he wants from PQ 5 just refuses to drop.

Pure luck. :( I had the same issue.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

For the future, if you are wondering why something isn't dropping/triggering here is the answer: RNG

If you completed the requirements to trigger ultimate in a PQ and it didn't happen: RNG

If the item/skill didn't drop, either you didn't meet the trigger of the Ultimate or RNG.
SO try again and trigger Ultimate. If it still doesn't drop: RNG

IF you can't figure out where to find dragonballs, go to a PQ where there is a time patroller and fight them. There are tons, but I really like PQ 2 "Prepare for the Attack of the Saiyans" You start by having to kill Tien, Yamcha and Krillin on Kame's Lookout. Afterword there is a chance for a time patroller to appear. If he doesn't appear, thats the RNG loving with you, hit retry. If he does appear talk to and defeat him. If you do the guy will drop two items. If the second item message says a Key item was dropped, great, you got a Dragonball, go ahead and finish the PQ to claim your prize. If not, RNG still hates you, hit start and retry, and repeat the process.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Madmarker posted:

IF you can't figure out where to find dragonballs, go to a PQ where there is a time patroller and fight them. There are tons, but I really like PQ 2 "Prepare for the Attack of the Saiyans" You start by having to kill Tien, Yamcha and Krillin on Kame's Lookout. Afterword there is a chance for a time patroller to appear. If he doesn't appear, thats the RNG loving with you, hit retry. If he does appear talk to and defeat him. If you do the guy will drop two items. If the second item message says a Key item was dropped, great, you got a Dragonball, go ahead and finish the PQ to claim your prize. If not, RNG still hates you, hit start and retry, and repeat the process.

I'd actually recommend PQ 12, called 'Fierce Battle! Ginyu Force' due to the fact that you do not need to beat up 3 characters before having the chance for the time patroller to spawn. Instead, they will be in the first area, and you can see them when you start. If they aren't there reset. If they don't drop a key item, reset. If you get it, then beat up the Ginyu Force, which are all weak, and you're good.

PQ 2 does have a lower level requirement to get it done though, but you kind of 'pay' for that by having even more time invested into the RNG.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I'd actually recommend PQ 12, called 'Fierce Battle! Ginyu Force' due to the fact that you do not need to beat up 3 characters before having the chance for the time patroller to spawn. Instead, they will be in the first area, and you can see them when you start. If they aren't there reset. If they don't drop a key item, reset. If you get it, then beat up the Ginyu Force, which are all weak, and you're good.

PQ 2 does have a lower level requirement to get it done though, but you kind of 'pay' for that by having even more time invested into the RNG.

Different Strokes, but yeah, that is a good one too.

Madmarker fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jul 8, 2015

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Yeah, I haven't done Dragon Ball farming yet, but the Ginyu Force's first earth-based mission seems pretty much perfect for it.

It does seem like later Time Patroller spawns seem to be more common, though. I had to go for a lot of tries on Let's Train (the mission against Piccolo, then Vegeta and Future Trunks, then Goku and Teen Gohan, unlocked during the Cell Saga) and the Time Patroller spawn there seemed to tick more often than not, and I'm currently struggling against Super Saiyan Bargain Sale (Goten and Kid Trunks, then Vegeta and Future Trunks, then Goku and Adult Gohan, unlocked during Buu) where I don't think that Time Patroller spawn has ever not triggered.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

Cleretic posted:

Yeah, I haven't done Dragon Ball farming yet, but the Ginyu Force's first earth-based mission seems pretty much perfect for it.

It does seem like later Time Patroller spawns seem to be more common, though. I had to go for a lot of tries on Let's Train (the mission against Piccolo, then Vegeta and Future Trunks, then Goku and Teen Gohan, unlocked during the Cell Saga) and the Time Patroller spawn there seemed to tick more often than not, and I'm currently struggling against Super Saiyan Bargain Sale (Goten and Kid Trunks, then Vegeta and Future Trunks, then Goku and Adult Gohan, unlocked during Buu) where I don't think that Time Patroller spawn has ever not triggered.

It probably just seems that way. Anytime I'm trying to get a patroller to show up, regardless of PQ, they probably won't show up.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm a level 30 frieza clan with most of my points in health and basic attack with a few in strike supers, stamina, and ki

i feel like i do chip damage while the enemy can take half my bar with a energy beam. am i doing it wrong? if i grind out 3 more dragon balls and wish for respec what should my stats be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

Real hurthling! posted:

i'm a level 30 frieza clan with most of my points in health and basic attack with a few in strike supers, stamina, and ki

i feel like i do chip damage while the enemy can take half my bar with a energy beam. am i doing it wrong? if i grind out 3 more dragon balls and wish for respec what should my stats be?

Basic attacks, even when they've got a bunch of points, don't really do a ton of damage. Even strike supers aren't great compared to ki supers. Are you doing it wrong? No, there's no bad build. Just play with different strike supers until you find ones that you like. Putting more points into health is always good. That being said, the game seems to be biased towards ki users. While a good strike ultimate like Blue Hurricane may do good damage, most ki ultimates consistently do more damage.

• Locked thread