Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Not exactly hype, but I've got nothing better going on lately, so I guess I'm down.

Plus I've played games with voting for leadership systems before and I can't wait for the all the bribery and blackmailing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog

Anoia posted:

Not exactly hype, but I've got nothing better going on lately, so I guess I'm down.

Plus I've played games with voting for leadership systems before and I can't wait for the all the bribery and blackmailing.

I wouldn't be surprised if this 'feature' was intended for us to actually blast ahead in construction whilst the pubbies spend days filibustering over build orders or something.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Krakatoah posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if this 'feature' was intended for us to actually blast ahead in construction whilst the pubbies spend days filibustering over build orders or something.

God I hope so

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

If you start as anything except the base classes (cryo, lightbinder, paladin) and want to unlock another class, prepare to grind an extra 12+ hours for no reason because they decided that nodes around the advanced classes be exorbitantly expensive.
I heard the ascension atlas gets a revamp in OBT, so maybe they fixed this.

Stanley Pain posted:

Cryo is the worst class because holy poo poo is it boring. On the other hand it's godamn ez-mode. Anyone try the archer class or whatever?

Imagine playing a cryo, except you can't freeze and slow things.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Remb posted:

If you start as anything except the base classes (cryo, lightbinder, paladin) and want to unlock another class, prepare to grind an extra 12+ hours for no reason because they decided that nodes around the advanced classes be exorbitantly expensive.
I heard the ascension atlas gets a revamp in OBT, so maybe they fixed this.

I remember people saying that even if you bought a pack that lets you start with more classes, if you unlock the global atlas on, say, a Knight, you still have to actually start traveling from the nodes coming off the Paladin/Lightbinder/Cryomancer junction - you may get early access to other classes but you still can't progress the global atlas from them.

That's second-hand though, I never got that far (and didn't have the etra classes anyway) so it could have been changed (or wrong to begin with I guess).

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

WarLocke posted:

I remember people saying that even if you bought a pack that lets you start with more classes, if you unlock the global atlas on, say, a Knight, you still have to actually start traveling from the nodes coming off the Paladin/Lightbinder/Cryomancer junction - you may get early access to other classes but you still can't progress the global atlas from them.

That's second-hand though, I never got that far (and didn't have the etra classes anyway) so it could have been changed (or wrong to begin with I guess).

This was accurate in the last test.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Lawlicaust posted:

This was accurate in the last test.

The gently caress you mean this was accurate last test? Motherfucker you were in that poo poo and didn't talk to your loving partner in crime and super best friend Drinkfist?

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Against my better judgment, I'm interested in this game. Kinetic and Alchemist sound pretty rad.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Roach Warehouse posted:

Against my better judgment, I'm interested in this game. Kinetic and Alchemist sound pretty rad.

throw chemicals (soap) at goons err day

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
I have two pretty simple questions.

How accurate is this? https://www.reddit.com/r/Skyforge/comments/3c9wxs/how_to_maximise_your_prestige_gain_within_the/

and what do I buy to play an Alchemist at the start or was that some sort of tease? None of the packs mention alchemist.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Pavlov's mom has got it going on

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

As far as I know, you have to progress to the end of another class' node tree to unlock the upper atlas, then make a path from that class' node to the Alchemist node to unlock the Alchemist.

Remb fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jul 7, 2015

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog
Pretty sure you need to progress along your starting class until you unlock your ultimate before you're allowed to use the global atlas.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Remb posted:

As far as I know, you have to progress to the end of another class' node tree to unlock the upper atlas, then make a path from that class' node to the Alchemist node to unlock the Alchemist.

So were they just being assholes by letting me play as an alchemist in the beta? I liked him.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Bashez posted:

How accurate is this? https://www.reddit.com/r/Skyforge/comments/3c9wxs/how_to_maximise_your_prestige_gain_within_the/

and what do I buy to play an Alchemist at the start or was that some sort of tease? None of the packs mention alchemist.

Links to Reddit.

And to answer your question.

Spergs at prestige 50,000+ in RU that are min maxing have no bearing on the literal start of the loving game. This loving moron tells people not to pick up mob drops even though they are the source for class sparks. So if you follow his dumbass bullshit you will unlock no new classes loving ever (Says go for proficiency and leadership only the loving shithead) and your starting classes will only have basic abilities from the no normal mob drop pickups. Also you don't unlock the loving market until you hit a prestige rank of some low number and we are not all loving losers to buy the loving 70 dollar garbage founders pack just so we could use the credits to buy holy texts (Some loving item that becomes relevant for everyone very far into the game).

Don't loving link Reddit's horseshit in here you gently caress.

Edit: I just noticed that poo poo in there. If I find out that someone from Bad Games Crew had a hand in that I am going to tear your loving soul out. You will know what I am taking about.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jul 7, 2015

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
A game where you get worshiped until you super saiyan out is tempting, but not if the combat's subpar. The footage from the earlier versions of the game had fairly crap animations where characters would be flailing around and monsters would barely flinch on occasion, then fall down dead. Did it ever get fixed to make combat animations react more to blows so you look like you're attacking something with more than pillows?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Drinkfist posted:

Edit: I just noticed that poo poo in there. If I find out that someone from Bad Games Crew had a hand in that I am going to tear your loving soul out. You will know what I am taking about.

Are you on drugs?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Bashez posted:

Are you on drugs?

Ask anyone. This is my default setting.

Refer to my earlier chart for "Negative Perks for being a sperg".

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Valatar posted:

A game where you get worshiped until you super saiyan out is tempting, but not if the combat's subpar. The footage from the earlier versions of the game had fairly crap animations where characters would be flailing around and monsters would barely flinch on occasion, then fall down dead. Did it ever get fixed to make combat animations react more to blows so you look like you're attacking something with more than pillows?

I don't know what video you watched, but the animations as of CBT4 and RU release are very fluid and pleasing. But no, most mobs don't really give a gently caress that you just chainsworded them in half, and will still keep laser zapping you until the dying hit.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Bashez posted:

I don't think you can. You could/can on the russian versions, but you'd have to have a russian email address to do it. And even then it might only work for the Russian version.

Ignore the majority of that posted guide though. Rush to 2000 to get access to followers and churches and such, and to help GOD AWFUL get a headstart on our shenanigans. After that, play at your own pace.

If you zerg your prestige up you will have nobody to play with, because you can only do dungeons/pvp with people who are within 1000 prestige of you.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

lewtt posted:

If you zerg your prestige up you will have nobody to play with, because you can only do dungeons/pvp with people who are within 1000 prestige of you.

Also, what's the point of poopsocking it up just so you can hit your cap ASAP? Suddenly you have no more progression until the end of the week. Since the cap rolls over I don't see why you wouldn't go in all casual (other than the initial guild rush thing).

Orv
May 4, 2011
Drinkfist man I'm real worried you gots the Stockholms.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Orv is here, the quality of posting can only go up up up.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

lewtt posted:

You can still do open areas, and the majority of dungeons are scaled for solo and 3man. The 5man dungeons have higher rewards, but can also crush your balls.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

Orv is here, the quality of posting can only go up up up.

To the moon, like buttcoin.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

God Awful is the best goddamn guild name.

Ederick
Jan 2, 2013
Never even heard of this game before this thread. It definitely seems like a neat concept. I'm guessing this game earns its money through a cash shop; do we have any idea if it's the kind of shop like in Guild Wars 2 where it's just neat cosmetic things, or the kind where you need to buy boosts and extras to make any sort of considerable progress while still having a life?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Drinkfist posted:

The gently caress you mean this was accurate last test? Motherfucker you were in that poo poo and didn't talk to your loving partner in crime and super best friend Drinkfist?

Busted. In all fairness, I just played enough to unlock the global atlas and decide if I wanted to throw down on early access. Don't worry, you'll be able to argue with me to your hearts content in a few days.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lawlicaust posted:

Busted. In all fairness, I just played enough to unlock the global atlas and decide if I wanted to throw down on early access. Don't worry, you'll be able to argue with me to your hearts content in a few days.

This is the true end game content.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Lawlicaust posted:

I just got done from working out and I am tired but I can still kick your rear end

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if anyone reading this thread hasnt played a game with Drinkfist or Grithok then you are in for a treat

ive played awful loving games i should have quit within an hour but somehow they make them fun enough to stay for like, 2 hours at least

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Since everyone liked my guild name suggestion I blind bought early access the other day. Hopefully this game is as cool as it sounds! :)

Grittykitty
Aug 10, 2004
Sand makes it scratchy
Soiled Meat
Despite my better judgment I bought the early access pack. I hope it's not terrible.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

This game looks cool as poo poo but I'm currently deep in FFXIV. Hopefully Skyforge will just be even cooler by the time I get around to it, and not be a howling wasteland of broken dreams.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez
Everything gets wiped after today's stress test, yes? I heard rumors that names were reserved.

blueberrysmith fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 7, 2015

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
Gonna get in on this because the best time I have ever had in an mmo was with grithok in wushu.

That and being a punch dude / actual punch wizard is fun as butt.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
I think I'm going to spend money so I can play this early :|

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
First 2 weeks of lovely MMO time with Bad Games Crew is always a blast. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Eonwe posted:

if anyone reading this thread hasnt played a game with Drinkfist or Grithok then you are in for a treat

ive played awful loving games i should have quit within an hour but somehow they make them fun enough to stay for like, 2 hours at least

my current project is to make moon light blade accessible to people but hoooly poo poo wushu 3.0 is brutal

• Locked thread