Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
He gave up drinking. What did you think would happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Anyone got any recommendations for good metal bands with Spanish/Portuguese/Italian vocals?

Saccage, they're french canadian:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuRGzu9BmMc

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Vintersorg posted:

Lemmy looking a little too skinny IMO. :(

Hey at least he didn't cut his hair like every other metal musician his age

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Vintersorg posted:

If you want to catch Motörhead live, you better act fast. Lemmy ain't gonna last for much longer.

Although he does actually sound better on the tracks I've heard from the latest album, compared to how he sounded on Aftershock.

Dude from lovely band doesn't like popular band's music, film at 11.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Lemmy is a 69 year old diabetic touring musician. What do you expect? That's a fairly awful angle with bad lighting too. If you compare it to older photos it's not that shocking.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kilometers Davis posted:

Lemmy is a 69 year old diabetic touring musician. What do you expect? That's a fairly awful angle with bad lighting too. If you compare it to older photos it's not that shocking.

Honestly he just looks like every other old british person if they were to fall into a biker's closet.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
The angle of incidence from the lighting makes his leg appear far smaller at the thigh than it actually is. No doubt he is far weaker than he was ten years ago, but the man is months away from 70.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Vintersorg posted:

Has Lemmy always worn platform shoes?

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

20 years ago, did any of us even imagine Lemmy would still be alive at 70? I just sort of imagined he would have conducted Super-Syphilis by now, and his body would have been overcome by a single gigantic, leaking pustule.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Saw Lemmy some weeks ago and he does look more and more fragile though, especially his shaky hands and facial expression made him look really weak. I guess he'll just tour on until the bitter end.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
If your post sounds stupid when you replace Lemmy with "a 70 year old" you should just consider not making it.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

nerve posted:

If your post sounds stupid when you replace Lemmy with "a 70 year old" you should just consider not making it.

It's all in context with someone's comment about the possibility you might see him performing for the last time. Nobody here is surprised about a 70 year old being in the state as he is.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I watched a 70 something score a goal in hockey a month or so ago, and it wasn't a gimmie. Old dudes aren't necessarily incapable dudes. :colbert:

HelmutVonSchmeller
Nov 23, 2007
Oooh, it's a jellyfish!
Undergang's new album is out in less than a week. Preview track has me stoked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkWj7Fn2iDM That super-low, super-heavy, filthy guitar sound is probably my favorite thing ever, so if anyone has any recommendations along the lines of this, Coffins and Funebrarum, I'd be a most grateful little bastard.

EvilMoJoJoJo
Dec 9, 2004

ask me about leaving the cult of black metal and bringing jesus into your life

Job 19:17
The Sólstafir dramabomb gets ever larger:
https://solstafirofficial.wordpress.com/2015/07/06/its-been-over-a-month-now-and-absolutely-nothing-has-changed/

Poor old Gummi, sounds like the rest of the band really screwed him over.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

EvilMoJoJoJo posted:

The Sólstafir dramabomb gets ever larger:
https://solstafirofficial.wordpress.com/2015/07/06/its-been-over-a-month-now-and-absolutely-nothing-has-changed/

Poor old Gummi, sounds like the rest of the band really screwed him over.

I had no idea this was even going on, drat. I only get into them last year but the direction of their new sound was one of my personal recent favorites. What a shame.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

KozmoNaut posted:

Dude from lovely band doesn't like popular band's music, film at 11.

Oh, yeah, Slayer, what a poo poo band! :smug:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Furism posted:

They are now.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

They are now.

That's not saying much, every musician loses their touch as they age. Has there ever been an act in any genre who had as much impact in their 50's as in their 20's?

Judge 'em on their prime years. :colbert:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

xzzy posted:

That's not saying much, every musician loses their touch as they age. Has there ever been an act in any genre who had as much impact in their 50's as in their 20's?

Judge 'em on their prime years. :colbert:

Unleashed.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Overkill's 17th album was better received than anything Slayer has come out with in two decades.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Dudes in Obituary are pushing 50 and still rip super hard.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

A ton of bands still own in their golden years.

Asphyx still kicks rear end and Martin is 49!

TRUE DEATH METAL YOU BASTARDS! he screams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXhyzGc7_pc

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jul 6, 2015

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Furism posted:

Slayer was great once, but they've been irrelevant for a long time now.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

KozmoNaut posted:

Oh, no question. But calling them 'lovely' is a big stretch.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Furism posted:

Or that dude thinks they're lovely

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
It is perfectly fine to think that Slayer are lovely, because they kinda are.

I really like their first album but anything past that is pretty bland to me.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

On the other hand, I enjoy (most of) the newer Fear Factory albums and I think Digimortal is one of their best albums, only Demanufacture and Obsolete are better.

Take that as you will.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

It's okay to acknowledge the impact that a band had on most of the timeline of heavy metal while still not really liking their music

Like, Anthrax also had a really good first album but is, in the general sense, a bad band and unpleasant to listen to

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Anyone who's been to/lives in Norway or Sweden have a good site to look up shows? I think I'll be there in August.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Among the Living and Spreading the Disease are far superior to Fistful of Metal.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Henchman of Santa posted:

Among the Living and Spreading the Disease are far superior to Fistful of Metal.
Someone disagrees with that?

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

look, it's a guy being this wrong

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I couldn't stand Anthrax until a couple years ago and then it all clicked somehow and they are very cool and good

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Furism posted:

Where have you been for the last two decades?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

KozmoNaut posted:

Has there ever been a band that stayed 'relevant' in terms of their new releases for 30+ years in metal? Honest question.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

DeusExMachinima posted:

Has there ever been a band that stayed 'relevant' in terms of their new releases for 30+ years in metal? Honest question.

Neurosis is getting there.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

DeusExMachinima posted:

The Devil You Know was great even if Sabbath proper has had a few pretty bad releases in the past few decades.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

DeusExMachinima posted:

Not really. Very occasionally an old band comes out with something good though, like the Satan comeback album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

There's a preview track from the Cruciamentum debut up here: https://www.profoundlorerecords.com/cruciamentum-complete-work-on-new-album/