Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Holodome is kind of boring, but it's got some fun dialog.

Also, definitely give doppelganger a shot. Heck, all six characters are quite good this time around (though Claptrap is a bit more co-op focused.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Holodome is best because it's got more Axton and Gaige, the best characters.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I probably forgot to play this and other entries in this series after a bit of playing TPS initially. But for some reason, hearing all of :torgue:'s lines in one Youtube Video makes me sorta want to go back? Yeah. Let's go with that. Has TPS gotten better or is it still meh?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

widespread posted:

I probably forgot to play this and other entries in this series after a bit of playing TPS initially. But for some reason, hearing all of :torgue:'s lines in one Youtube Video makes me sorta want to go back? Yeah. Let's go with that. Has TPS gotten better or is it still meh?

Characters are great, levels/quests vary from meh to good.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Pope Guilty posted:

Characters are great, levels/quests vary from meh to good.

Well, I suppose that's good enough. Time to update and get on with stuff, I guess.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Got gifted the complete game today (thank you Kragger99 again), and I am loving it so far. I just got the OZ tank and honestly don't mind the oxygen gimmick, which I heard so much bad things about. Started as Athena, who I am liking a lot, even through I will have to try the others later. Can't go wrong with her special ability turns her into Captain America.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Rirse posted:

Got gifted the complete game today (thank you Kragger99 again), and I am loving it so far. I just got the OZ tank and honestly don't mind the oxygen gimmick, which I heard so much bad things about. Started as Athena, who I am liking a lot, even through I will have to try the others later. Can't go wrong with her special ability turns her into Captain America.

What kind of stuff have you heard about the oxygen mechanic? I remember people being annoyed by the idea of it, but then they played it and realized it wasn't actually a bad thing. It's really just there to stop you from butt stomping forever.

Really, what annoys me more is the normal gravity environments where you can't butt stomp at all.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Solumin posted:

What kind of stuff have you heard about the oxygen mechanic? I remember people being annoyed by the idea of it, but then they played it and realized it wasn't actually a bad thing. It's really just there to stop you from butt stomping forever.

Really, what annoys me more is the normal gravity environments where you can't butt stomp at all.

Mostly the usual complaint when a game has a timer, where people don't like feeling rush being outside.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
If you double-jump in a normal gravity environment, you can butt stomp from the very apex of the second jump. It's finicky and takes some practice, and even after over a hundred hours I still can't pull it off reliably.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Rirse posted:

Mostly the usual complaint when a game has a timer, where people don't like feeling rush being outside.

Good thing there's oxygen vents every 10 feet then! :v:
Really, running out of O2 isn't a problem in this game. And if you really don't like it, just play Claptrap.

Pope Guilty posted:

If you double-jump in a normal gravity environment, you can butt stomp from the very apex of the second jump. It's finicky and takes some practice, and even after over a hundred hours I still can't pull it off reliably.

I know it's doable. But it's stupid that a really fun and normally easy-to-do mechanic is shut down in certain areas. Especially since any skills tied to butt stomping are basically useless.
Sometimes it's easier to double jump off the furniture and get enough height that way, but not every area has short enough furniture that you can actually jump on it in the first place.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
You guys weren't kidding about Eclipse, huh.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Mokinokaro posted:

Holodome is kind of boring, but it's got some fun dialog.

Also, definitely give doppelganger a shot. Heck, all six characters are quite good this time around (though Claptrap is a bit more co-op focused.)

Yeah I'm pleased they learned stuff from Borderlands 2. What sticks out to me early on is that they actually included sections where sniping is helpful, helping to remove its status in BL2 as a trap choice.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The new Humble Bundle has everything worth having of BL1/2 for $15.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
The oxygen system sucks because it adds a platforming element to a game engine that can't even get past having you stuck on level geometry on a slightly tilted ramp.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

natetimm posted:

The oxygen system sucks because it adds a platforming element to a game engine that can't even get past having you stuck on level geometry on a slightly tilted ramp.

Really? I actually enjoyed platforming in TPS. I think it's one of the only first-person games I've ever enjoyed it in.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I'm just to the point where I have to shut down the laser on the moon station and I have had quite enough of this game's platforming. It wasn't a good thing in shooters in the HL1 era and it isn't good now. The only thing making it difficult is the lovely world geometry.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I'm just to the point where I have to shut down the laser on the moon station and I have had quite enough of this game's platforming. It wasn't a good thing in shooters in the HL1 era and it isn't good now. The only thing making it difficult is the lovely world geometry.

It's not the platforming in that area that I disliked, it was that I never could get a good sense of the layout of the map. It reminds me of the cave system in the BL1 Claptrap revolution DLC, which was another place I could never really get a good mental map of.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

wdarkk posted:

Really? I actually enjoyed platforming in TPS. I think it's one of the only first-person games I've ever enjoyed it in.

It's so goddamn twitchy and weird.

Oops, you hit your head or knee on something you can't see, try again.

No, you can't jump on that, even though it looks like you can.

This ramp is tilted over 5 degrees, you slide off every time.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

natetimm posted:

It's so goddamn twitchy and weird.

Oops, you hit your head or knee on something you can't see, try again.

No, you can't jump on that, even though it looks like you can.

This ramp is tilted over 5 degrees, you slide off every time.

If you played a mage on world of warcraft, it's like Blink is your main way of getting around sometimes.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I haven't been able to find anything on this. Does anyone have Borderlands Handsome Collection an an Ultra-Wide HD TV/Monitor? I'm trying to find how vertical split-screen looks on this kind of screen and I'm not finding anything at all. So I'm hoping someone can help with this.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Solumin posted:

You guys weren't kidding about Eclipse, huh.

There's supposedly a video out there of someone killing it in one shot, but I think he had to jump through a ridiculous number of hoops and manipulate the ever-loving gently caress out of the game mechanics to pull it off.

Taikuri
Mar 6, 2009

So it doesn't try to shitpost or anything?

Nope, it just lurks there. Completely harmless.

Backhand posted:

There's supposedly a video out there of someone killing it in one shot, but I think he had to jump through a ridiculous number of hoops and manipulate the ever-loving gently caress out of the game mechanics to pull it off.

Admiral Bahroo with Aurelia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLB8_GI8Y4Y

fezball
Nov 8, 2009
Does anyone have a working drop rate mod for this? The ones I can find on the cheat engine forums seem to be outdated - no matter what I do with the ratios, I still see nothing but greens and whites drop (although all health and cash drops turn into moonstone it seems).

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

fezball posted:

Does anyone have a working drop rate mod for this? The ones I can find on the cheat engine forums seem to be outdated - no matter what I do with the ratios, I still see nothing but greens and whites drop (although all health and cash drops turn into moonstone it seems).

Do you happen to be in the first pay of the game? BL2 at least would prevent drop rate tampering until the player leaves the second map.

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

Pope Guilty posted:

Do you happen to be in the first pay of the game? BL2 at least would prevent drop rate tampering until the player leaves the second map.

No, we're on about the 5th map or so and have been to the hub town already. I kind of suspect that the patch they made a while back that tripled the legendary drop rates (...to still next to nothing) screwed up the mods - all I have found so far haven't been updated since before that patch.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

fezball posted:

No, we're on about the 5th map or so and have been to the hub town already. I kind of suspect that the patch they made a while back that tripled the legendary drop rates (...to still next to nothing) screwed up the mods - all I have found so far haven't been updated since before that patch.

BL2's droprate table didn't get messed by the patch, so I have no real reason to suspsect TPS's did. Here, though -

AirRaid posted:

OK so I futzed with the Loot table that AHungryRobot Linked and decided it was too complicated and annoying, so I took the salient points from that one and threw them into the old loot table file for BL2.

Result: TPS Loot table file with a lot easier access and the "Sensible" preset I made for BL2 already loaded. :siren:Grab it here.:siren: This also has the dumb CE 6.2 check removed so you can use the newer versions with no hassle.

Credit to whoever made the original, I forget.

You can just run that file direct, once TPS is loaded. Click the Item/Rarity checkbox then the presets one and choose a preset, or modify the numbers manually. I'm not sure if the "Drops" section at the bottom works any more, might be broken.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Anybody with Handsome Collection on Xbone wanna help me with Digistruct Peak in BL2?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

smashpro1 posted:

Anybody with Handsome Collection on Xbone wanna help me with Digistruct Peak in BL2?

Give me an hour, I'm downloading HC right now and then I have to figure out how to port my character over. Is your GT still SmashPro1?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Neo Helbeast posted:

Give me an hour, I'm downloading HC right now and then I have to figure out how to port my character over. Is your GT still SmashPro1?

No caps, but yeah.
The character porting process is a pain in the rear end. You gotta go into the game on 360, upload the character under the cloud saves option, go into the game on Xbone, and download the character under cloud saves. And you can only do one character at a time.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

smashpro1 posted:

No caps, but yeah.
The character porting process is a pain in the rear end. You gotta go into the game on 360, upload the character under the cloud saves option, go into the game on Xbone, and download the character under cloud saves. And you can only do one character at a time.

I'd be up for this as well if you're still online in another 30m.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Chasiubao posted:

I'd be up for this as well if you're still online in another 30m.

I'm ready to go for it.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

smashpro1 posted:

I'm ready to go for it.

Actually, it's getting kinda late. Let's try to organize something for tomorrow.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

smashpro1 posted:

Actually, it's getting kinda late. Let's try to organize something for tomorrow.

My download is just now finishing. The good news is that all of my gear made the jump, so running for OP levels should be piece of cake.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Neo Helbeast posted:

My download is just now finishing. The good news is that all of my gear made the jump, so running for OP levels should be piece of cake.

Wanna try around 7pm Central?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Anyone got any crazy krieg (or others) heads that they wouldn't mind duping for me? Had loads of cool ones on the 360 version but me and two mates are about to start playing co-op on the pc version thanks to the humble sale.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

thebardyspoon posted:

Anyone got any crazy krieg (or others) heads that they wouldn't mind duping for me? Had loads of cool ones on the 360 version but me and two mates are about to start playing co-op on the pc version thanks to the humble sale.

Every Krieg head is a crazy Krieg head.

Get Gibbed, use these codes: https://imgur.com/a/kzTwu

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Did Borderlands 1 get worth a poo poo with DLC? When I played it on release it was quite underwhelming, but for some reason I really like the story in 2 and PS and kinda want more of it.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Borderlands 1 always seemed like a first draft to me in a lot of ways, especially the UI.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
If you didn't like base bl1 then you probably won't like the dlc especially since you'd have to play the entire game pretty much to get to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

signalnoise posted:

Did Borderlands 1 get worth a poo poo with DLC? When I played it on release it was quite underwhelming, but for some reason I really like the story in 2 and PS and kinda want more of it.

Borderlands 1's DLC was a mixed bag, Zombie Island of Doctor Ned wasn't too bad, the Zombies were interesting to fight and the Island itself was a pretty cool and spooky experience, Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot was garbage, the only good feature was the item bank and storage, General Knoxx's DLC is regarded to be the best DLC and is the introduction to Athena and the downfall of the Crimson Lance, Claptrap's DLC after that was not very good but it laid the groundwork for Borderlands 2 by introducing Mister Blake and mentioning Hyperion wants you dead.

• Locked thread