Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rorus Raz posted:

Ramirez can't use unemployment to whine, so he found a new number to bellyache over.

Once unemployment goes up again, suddenly that statistic will no longer be "spin" but iron-clad damnation of Obama.

Exactly. This is purely a matter of the numbers he used to point to as proof of Obama's incompetence are going down and so therefore he has to find/finesse/make up numbers he can point to as proof of Obama's incompetence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Rorus Raz posted:

I think what makes the loss edits work is that loss had no dialogue so you stare at an edit for a second and then it suddenly dawns on you and you laugh in spite of yourself.

For more, please read my doctoral thesis on loss.jpg.

Oh gently caress, I just got it. :aaaaa:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
I didn't realise people said 'gaystapo' unironically.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Despicable Me.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jul 7, 2015

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Let's see:

Bush
Paul
Perry
Walker? Huckabee?
Fiorina
Rubio
Trump
Santorum
Cruz
?
Carson
Graham
?

That Cruzface is perfect too.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

Ramirez can't use unemployment to whine, so he found a new number to bellyache over.

Once unemployment goes up again, suddenly that statistic will no longer be "spin" but iron-clad damnation of Obama.

Wasn't Allie pulling this same thing a year ago? I remember him doing a few toons about the real unemployment numbers.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Wasn't Allie pulling this same thing a year ago? I remember him doing a few toons about the real unemployment numbers.
Even better, he was using regular unemployment numbers, they kept going down, then when they got low enough for some reason he switched to "real unemployment".

I mean, from what I understand, there are legitimate reasons to use the higher unemployment numbers (which include people not looking for work), but oddly enough those numbers only come up during Democratic adminstrations.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Allie was the one cartoonist that made the mistake of constantly posting unemployment numbers. I did a megapost watching them slowly fall, and yeah eventually he had to do poo poo like switching to "real" unemployment once it became apparent unemployment had been steadily going down throughout Obama's presidency.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Lord Hydronium posted:

Let's see:

Bush
Paul
Perry
Walker? Huckabee?
Fiorina
Rubio
Trump
Santorum
Cruz
?
Carson
Graham
?

I think the one next to Cruz is supposed to be Walker and the last one Christie, just because they seem to match best based on the current run of candidates. Would be a lot easier to figure out if Telnaes would just label things like a real cartoonist.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
I know that people have mixed feelings about Tom Tomorrow's "This Modern World", but I figure I'd link this anyway.

He's doing a kickstarter to produce a massive 2 volume, hard-cover compilation of "This Modern World" to celebrate its 25th anniversary, containing ALL THE STRIPS.

He managed to meet this funding goal in less than 24 hours. And it's still going for another 28 days. If you want to drop a few cents, check it out.

TheMaskedChemist
Mar 30, 2010

drat, Ramirez really hates retired people.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Mister Beeg posted:

I know that people have mixed feelings about Tom Tomorrow's "This Modern World", but I figure I'd link this anyway.

He's doing a kickstarter to produce a massive 2 volume, hard-cover compilation of "This Modern World" to celebrate its 25th anniversary, containing ALL THE STRIPS.

He managed to meet this funding goal in less than 24 hours. And it's still going for another 28 days. If you want to drop a few cents, check it out.

It has already been demonstrated that this is one of the worst cartoons to read back to back. It just turns into words and primary colours, your brain liquefies and runs out your ears by the third one. A whole book of them seems like it should be classified as a deadly weapon

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I can barely read one This Modern World strip without getting antsy and bored, why would I ever want twenty-five years' worth?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Splode posted:

It has already been demonstrated that this is one of the worst cartoons to read back to back. It just turns into words and primary colours, your brain liquefies and runs out your ears by the third one. A whole book of them seems like it should be classified as a deadly weapon

Given the book is absolutely huge you could also bludgeon people to death with it.

15lb, 6.8kg

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
A JOB
I WANT

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Aw dang it, I was going to post that. And yeah, the last one is Christie. According to her post on The Post, the doof between Cruz and Carson is Jindal. Not sure if I get it, but whatev, Ann Telnaes is my favorite :swoon:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

This Modern World is a bit poisoned to me because my first exposure to it was at my first job when I had nothing better to do during my lunch breaks so I read the alt weeklies that were free.

But this was during the peak of my conservative days, so it just made me super angry. Also, ads for gay dating services :bahgawd:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rorus Raz posted:

This Modern World is a bit poisoned to me because my first exposure to it was at my first job when I had nothing better to do during my lunch breaks so I read the alt weeklies that were free.

But this was during the peak of my conservative days, so it just made me super angry. Also, ads for gay dating services :bahgawd:

Do you have any pants elephant edits from back when you played for the other side?

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

THIS is how you do caricatures! The only one I did't immediately recognize is the red jacket one next to Cruz, who's that supposed to be?

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
I never thought the key to Ramirez becoming a worse cartoonist would be inforgraphics

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Splode posted:

So what you should do is savour each and every one, spending few hours reading them slowly and enjoying each as if they were a really really expensive wine.

I actually really like This Modern World.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

InequalityGodzilla posted:

THIS is how you do caricatures! The only one I did't immediately recognize is the red jacket one next to Cruz, who's that supposed to be?

As mentioned it's Jindal, given that he's hard to characterize due to his lack of....anything really. The only noteworthy thing he's done lately is make is campaign slogan "tanned and ready"

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

Rorus Raz posted:

Well the unemployment rate plus long-term unemployed/people who have left the workforce early/were fired forever because of Obamacare has long been a hammering point of conservatives whenever unemployment goes down. The prevailing theory on the right is that unemployment rate isn't indicative of the truth, since there are all these individuals who are healthy and can work, but simply cannot find any work because there is literally nothing or they've been searching so long they've "given up" and I guess became forest people who live among the trees (but still pay taxes).

I know the argument. I was just wondering if good ole' Ramirez pulled some numbers out of his rear end. It doesn't seem he did, but he deliberately obfuscated the data by shoving it all into one spot (along with some numbers that didn't factor into the 94 MILLION) to try and make the reader draw the conclusion that the number would be lower if Obama wasn't president. Propaganda is fun :buddy:

And if you thought the cartoon was headache-inducing, the oral version of this particular talking point tends to cause effects similar to those in The Happening.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dr. Stab posted:

What politics are being represented by the guy in the Japan hat flying an American Flag without any stars?

alnilam posted:

The politics of kicking your rear end!

Also

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

cheetah7071 posted:

Do you have any pants elephant edits from back when you played for the other side?

Everyone wore belts in those days.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Shadeoses posted:

Everyone wore belts in those days.
Pants on your legs
Pants on your legs
Looking reasonable
With your pants on your legs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wait a second.... this is an Army Recruiting Center! :aaa:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
:siren: :nws: :nms: NEW DbD is NSFW :nms: :nws: :siren:

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I have no clue why Sam wore that...thing.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Muir delenda est

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

toanoradian posted:

Because her husband is an alpha and not a stupid libtard beta.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.
Man, why are those job creators such loving failures? :v:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

JT Jag posted:

Pants on your legs
Pants on your legs
Looking reasonable
With your pants on your legs

Ahem.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

A shameful Elephant.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Who the hell is funding DBD? :psyboom:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Aw dang it, I was going to post that. And yeah, the last one is Christie. According to her post on The Post, the doof between Cruz and Carson is Jindal. Not sure if I get it, but whatev, Ann Telnaes is my favorite :swoon:

I think I got it. Remember a few years back when Jindal got tapped to give the Republican response to the SOTU, and everyone immediately realized that he sounded uncannily like Kenneth the Page from 30 Rock? That's probably what Telnaes is going for: the blazer and tie, the dweeby grin....

prinnylaharl
Feb 10, 2013

toanoradian posted:

Well its the fuckbarn uniform, gotta comply with company policy.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Please, someone send a copy of Midnight Meat Train to this nincompoop. The sudden, aggressive salad tossing scene with Bradley Cooper may be the death of the author. You owe it to your country to do this.

inkblot posted:

I wish I had that picture of the guy drinking the bottle labeled "Republican Tears" because they are flowing freely in this one.

Weird, this is the only copy I could find, it's kinda lousy. I think the original is a video and no one made a quality gif.

Don't forget :mitt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IE0CgxgIYI

"... Glug."

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jul 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

prinnylaharl posted:

Well its the fuckbarn uniform, gotta comply with company policy.

I'm curious to know how many people are going to be staying in this fuckbarn which seems like it will be paying four fulltime staff, a dedicated carer for the staff's children and yet can accommodate everyone in a barn that was originally outfitted to be an apartment for one old man.

• Locked thread