Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dragas
Apr 21, 2010

something something polish lithuania commonwealth will rise from the ashes

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

nono you cant trick me into europolsting

there's a little europol in all of us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Raskolnikov38 posted:

get hosed Apple

- a dude that had a music-less drive home because of their 'update'

lol @ u for not keeping music on a separate dvice like a smart person like for exampl ie me forums poster dickeye who is gay for dick

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

anyone else feel it's time for the primary thread to be split?

into what

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

republican-mock-arama and Bernie-:shillary: showdown arena

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

republican and democrat primaries so i can read lol gop and not sanderista poo poo

Dragas
Apr 21, 2010

something something polish lithuania commonwealth will rise from the ashes

Jagchosis posted:

republican and democrat primaries so i can read lol gop and not sanderista poo poo

pls don't candidate shame

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Raskolnikov38 posted:

republican-mock-arama and Bernie-:shillary: showdown arena

Just so what I do and skip or skim every post that isn't colored yellow.

And make sure you have "highlight OP" turned on lol

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Is he actually a good governor, or is his approval of the "is better than a pool of poo poo water" variety?
Both. T-Mac has actually been fairly good Governor, at least as far as I can tell. He's sorta hamstrung by the Virginia House and Senate, and there was some politics fuckery where the Democrats had a 20-20+tiebreaker majority in the Virginia Senate, but someone basically bribed Phil Puckett to resign:

quote:

The Democratic majority would prove short-lived, however, as Senator Phil Puckett (D-38th) resigned, effective June 8, handing the GOP a majority of 20 to 19. The Republicans solidified their majority following a Special Election win on August 19, 2014, which increased their total number of seats to 21.
Thus Virginia now looks like the Federal Govt as a whole does: Democratic Governor/President, R-controlled Senate, R-controlled House.

Most recently, TMac ordered the Confederate flag to be removed from all Virginia state license plates:
http://wtvr.com/2015/06/23/confederate-flag-removed-virginia-license-plates/

I would happily vote T-Mac as a Governor of Texas 10 times over; holy poo poo do I hate Greg Abbot.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jul 7, 2015

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

Your silence only incriminates you further.

School Nickname posted:

At this stage if every bailout depends solely on the Bundestag can we just replace the EU flag with that of the Kingdom of Prussia, the black eagle of Hohenzollern clutching a cracked circle of stars with its left talon and holding a purse with its right.

This is a way better post than that awful thread deserves, School Nickname.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyxSerkkP4o

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Jagchosis posted:

I would like for this to happen

no word on if I may borrow more of your posts:v:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Is he actually a good governor, or is his approval of the "is better than a pool of poo poo water" variety?

successfully running virginia basically means not interfering with the federal money pipe and staying out of prison

Foppery
Dec 27, 2013

I POSSESS THE POWER CHRONIC

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

i had tmac pegged as a sleazeball, how is he not hated as governor of virginia

Keep in mind our last governor is probably going to jail

Also, speaking as a Virginian, I find that he is so non-notable as a person that it very easily to believe that, if asked about his performance, most people would say "yeah I guess he's alright"

Basically he's at least somewhat competent and hasn't hosed anything up so far, which is enough to win widespread popularity by American standards.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Raskolnikov38 posted:

get hosed Apple

- a dude that had a music-less drive home because of their 'update'

this is what you get for being a moron who uses apple products made after December 1992

idk about good, but he's hella competent. if virginia didn't have a hosed up term limits system he'd probably win reelection

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

i had tmac pegged as a sleazeball, how is he not hated as governor of virginia

he's pretty decent. also he's tasked his executive offices with going after all sorts of lingering corrupt practices.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Nintendo Kid posted:

this is what you get for being a moron who uses apple products made after December 1992

far better to use adnroid like a tard

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

comes along bort posted:

successfully running virginia basically means not interfering with the federal money pipe and staying out of prison
Hey, that's no mean feat.

When bad governors come up I'm always reminded of Arizona's Evan Mecham.

Wikipedia posted:

Besides the uproar caused by the MLK Day cancellation, Mecham committed other political faux pas. Claims of prejudice were made against Mecham after he defended the use of the word "pickaninny" to describe black children, claimed that high divorce rates were caused by working women, claimed America is a Christian nation to a Jewish audience, and said a group of visiting Japanese businessmen got "round eyes" after being told of the number of golf courses in Arizona. In response to claims that he was a racist, Mecham said, "I've got black friends. I employ black people. I don't employ them because they are black; I employ them because they are the best people who applied for the cotton-picking job."[28] These and other statements only strengthened the allegations of racism made against the governor following the MLK day cancellation.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

is there a good longread or book about the bob mcdonnell trial

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
It's raining at Wrigley. Looks like migf started crying.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

sneak peak of true detective season 2's bad guy

j/k it's mike huckabee!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lOtCfkRnHI

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

DemeaninDemon posted:

migf crying could only produce a tempest in a teapot at best

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

comes along bort posted:

j/k it's mike huckabee!

So it is the bad guy.

All aboard the diabetes and heart disease bullet train!

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

DemeaninDemon posted:

migf couldn't fill a can of old style with his tears

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

dang bojo's only sells tea by the half gallon

well played mcdingleberry's

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

well this:

Foppery posted:

Basically he's at least somewhat competent and hasn't hosed anything up so far, which is enough to win widespread popularity by American standards.

but also when fopper says thats enough to win popularity its also enough to be a legitimate "good" governor and he's far exceeded expectations tbh.

i think most people left of center rolled their eyes when he won the race but hard to complain about him so far

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I was going to post a picture of Mallow but gently caress imgur and gently caress its mobile site.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Why you should stop waving the rainbow flag on Facebook --- Armchair allies shouldn't co-opt gay pride

Peter Moskowitz is a writer and reporter based in New York City. He's currently writing a book about gentrification.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Why you should stop waving the rainbow flag on Facebook --- Armchair allies shouldn't co-opt gay pride

Peter Moskowitz is a writer and reporter based in New York City. He's currently writing a book about gentrification.

is he related to the charter schools woman

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Hey, that's no mean feat.

When bad governors come up I'm always reminded of Arizona's Evan Mecham.

except for the women bit, I can picture this dude just actually being the Michael Scott of governors talking about race

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DemeaninDemon posted:

hey now migf isnt the only person rooting for chicago

lester didnt give up a hit in the first six innings, i got all excited and then it was all for nothing

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Raskolnikov38 posted:

except for the women bit, I can picture this dude just actually being the Michael Scott of governors talking about race
Public Enemy released a song about him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrFOb_f7ubw

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
PanShell is back in dadchat, excellent

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Literally The Worst posted:

hey now migf isnt the only person rooting for chicago

lester didnt give up a hit in the first six innings, i got all excited and then it was all for nothing

Cardinals use the power of Satan. Not the good one. The deity that Evangelicals follow.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

PanShell is back in dadchat, excellent
I'm glad I get to watch the antics tonight.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27tnSvna66g
Korea what are you doing

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DemeaninDemon posted:

Cardinals use the power of Satan. Not the good one. The deity that Evangelicals follow.

oh no not the bad satan

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
cubs game is on rain delay gently caress you bad satan

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
hail melek taus

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

Literally The Worst posted:

cubs game is on rain delay gently caress you bad satan

Kris Bryant made the all-star game I'm hype

Ceterum autem censeo St. Louis esse delendam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Sale's double-digit strikeout streak ends at only 8 games, what a scrub.

• Locked thread