Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

a kitten posted:

This is a thing i just found.

:yikes:

Th...they both kinda look like Nic Cage.

e:
the rest

Gad drat, these loving suck.

Deadpool posted:

Zaffino is the artist, Aja is the cover artist. And it's probably impossible to hate Karnak if you've ever read anything involving the Inhumans. He's great.

Is that the guy that did those amazing Elektra montages/spreads from several pages back? I've been trying to find that dude again and I don't think it's Aja.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

Is that the guy that did those amazing Elektra montages/spreads from several pages back? I've been trying to find that dude again and I don't think it's Aja.

That is Del Mundo

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

BiggerBoat posted:

The first two are trash, but I like the third one, enough to replace Bizarro #1's cover as my phone background.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Lurdiak posted:

Dude was trying to rewrite the laws of the universe to fit what he thought was best. That's a bit much for someone who's "benevolent".

The entire Judeo-Christian mythos centres on a benevolent dude writing the laws of the universe to fit what he thinks is best.

Anyway, the point is that if the Avengers hadn't gone in two-fisted thinking Korvac was a villain, they might have been able to reason with him.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

I thought I'd read a she-hulk comic and...uh.

She-hulk, what happened to you? That gamma radiation really did a number on you. Jesus.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Soule/Pulido's She-Hulk was a beautiful, beautiful thing :colbert:

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jul 7, 2015

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

Dude was trying to rewrite the laws of the universe to fit what he thought was best. That's a bit much for someone who's "benevolent".

That's totally awesome and what I'd do, though I haven't read the story maybe there are details that makes it worse, like with Superboy in Infinite Crisis.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

The faces in She-Hulk are undeniably wonky but I find the art style so charming that it was never a dealbreaker at any point. The same goes for almost all of the new Marvel books with unique art styles, these days anything that's not similar to the DC house style with all the gradients is sort of a breath of fresh air in mainstream superhero comics for me.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

I actually stopped reading it, then went 'gently caress it' and kept reading. The faces are just so off-putting, but the story is nice and most of the art is charming. It's just those faces, jeeze.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

HogX posted:

I thought I'd read a she-hulk comic and...uh.

She-hulk, what happened to you? That gamma radiation really did a number on you. Jesus.

Arya Stark became a lawyer?

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

WickedHate posted:

That's totally awesome and what I'd do, though I haven't read the story maybe there are details that makes it worse, like with Superboy in Infinite Crisis.

It's always like Superboy in Infinite Crisis. Anyone who's trying to reshape reality into their idea of what's right is either delusional or Doctor Doom.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Chaos Hippy posted:

It's always like Superboy in Infinite Crisis. Anyone who's trying to reshape reality into their idea of what's right is either delusional or Doctor Doom.

I'd be a better reality reshaper than Doom or anyone else. :colbert:

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

funtax posted:

Nopes, Arya Stark will become Martha from The Americans

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

wayfinder posted:

Nopes, Arya Stark will become Martha from The Americans

I still don't understand why they didn't name that show The Amerikans.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

funtax posted:

Goddammit, you beat me to it, but yeah, that's the very first thing I thought of.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Word.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

HogX posted:

I actually stopped reading it, then went 'gently caress it' and kept reading. The faces are just so off-putting, but the story is nice and most of the art is charming. It's just those faces, jeeze.

Some guy did a few fillin issues and his art was even weirder. I'm not a huge fan of that alt-comics zine style, personally. Soule's writing is too good to miss though.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

I give Marvel all the credit in the world for trying that style and sticking by it as long as they did, but it's completely understandable why it failed to grab casual audiences. The colors are garish and the faces/eyes are distracting to the casual fan only used to Marvel/DC House styles.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I liked the art in She-Hulk alright but my problem was that the covers were sooooo much prettier. I wanted the book to look like that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Unmature posted:

I liked the art in She-Hulk alright but my problem was that the covers were sooooo much prettier. I wanted the book to look like that.

Does Kevin Wada do interiors?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

zoux posted:

Does Kevin Wada do interiors?

I wish.
Look at what he's doing for Catwoman right now.

I really like the current run, but it ain't 21 pages of that.

e: I never noticed that the Steve Rogers case issues joined together.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jul 7, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well, you have to be careful what you wish for I guess. I always hoped my two favorite cover artists, Phil Noto and Mike Del Mundo would do interiors, and when they did, it was loving awesome

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

I wish.
Look at what he's doing for Catwoman right now.

I really like the current run, but it ain't 21 pages of that.
Wada shame.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Senor Candle posted:

That is Del Mundo

Thank you, sir.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Teenage Fansub posted:

I wish.

"I'm tellin ya Jerry, Elaine needs to lay of the Kale smoothies, ITS TURNING HER GREEN!"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Marvel Seinfeld could have potential, but who would be the roster?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

mind the walrus posted:

Marvel Seinfeld could have potential, but who would be the roster?

This sounds like a great idea for one of those "villains hanging out and living their lives" books. And most villains don't have their personalities defined that tightly, so you could use a bunch of different ones. Maybe not Fancy Dan and Thanos, but you could still mix-and-match.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

A world where Fancy Dan and Thanos can't argue about whether or now the new Sun Chips bag is too crinkly is a world I don't want to live in :c00lbert:

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Teenage Fansub posted:

I actually like these, but that shield though.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

prefect posted:

This sounds like a great idea for one of those "villains hanging out and living their lives" books. And most villains don't have their personalities defined that tightly, so you could use a bunch of different ones. Maybe not Fancy Dan and Thanos, but you could still mix-and-match.

It turns in to an episode of the Tick pretty fast, but there's honestly absolutely nothing wrong with that.

My money would be a main cast of Task Master as the Jerry, Deadpool as the Kramer, Electro as their George and Moonstone as the Elaine. Play it as neutral alignments, sometimes they do good, sometimes they don't. Electro being the only one who primarily goes bad, but have him dealing with his overbearing bosses from the Sinister Six and his constant and bizarre hatred of the Shocker. Task Master is the straightman trying to get work while Deadpool's entire ability to live somewhere that isn't a gutter remains a mystery to the whole team, throw in some get rich quick schemes for him ranging from assassinating Doom to selling Cut Co's new line up of ninja swords and trench knives. Moonstone is the only one in the group with steady work but has an idiot boyfriend the others trick in to doing heavy lifting type work for ala Puddy, I'd say Juggernaut or Strong Guy.

Have the series go more and more off the rails until it ends with Deadpool looking at a snow globe while Task Master explains to him why he won't rent an apartment with him, so nothing has to be canon.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

You basically described Gail Simone's Deadpool/Agent X runs.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So I'm reading the last arc of God of Thunder and am just stunned by how beautiful the future stuff involving Galactus is. I love Ribic, but how much of the art is down to Ive Svorcina? The colors and lighting are just amazing and is that solely the purview of the colorist or what? Honestly, I've always just kind of cared about pencils, but I realize that I probably shouldn't be ignoring colors and inks.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

zoux posted:

So I'm reading the last arc of God of Thunder and am just stunned by how beautiful the future stuff involving Galactus is. I love Ribic, but how much of the art is down to Ive Svorcina? The colors and lighting are just amazing and is that solely the purview of the colorist or what? Honestly, I've always just kind of cared about pencils, but I realize that I probably shouldn't be ignoring colors and inks.

Ribic did his first comics in fully-painted art and they looked even better, check out his Loki mini.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

zoux posted:

Pencilers can, and often do, indicate how things should be inked and colored, though it is still up to the inker and colorist if those are followed.

The big thing is that bad inkers and colorists are a lot more obvious than good ones.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
Are you reading "Injection"? You ought to be reading "Injection".

From issue #3, illustrated by Declan Shalvey with colors by Jordie Bellaire. Click for bigger.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I'm liking the general tone of Injection, but I have no loving clue what is going on. I had the same problem with Trees until the 5th issue or so, then everything clicked with me, so I'll give this one at least that long.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Senor Candle posted:

I'm liking the general tone of Injection, but I have no loving clue what is going on. I had the same problem with Trees until the 5th issue or so, then everything clicked with me, so I'll give this one at least that long.

Issue #3 just came out and it's starting to come together.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Heresiarch posted:

Issue #3 just came out and it's starting to come together.

Yeah I've already read it. I liked issue #2 the best so far, I probably just need to read it all at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Heresiarch posted:

Are you reading "Injection"? You ought to be reading "Injection".

From issue #3, illustrated by Declan Shalvey with colors by Jordie Bellaire. Click for bigger.

I know Declan, but gently caress Warren Ellis.