Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

I said come in! posted:

I love cats, i've had a pet cat my entire life.

SpaceDrake posted:

Cats own without irony

gently caress y'all

raditts posted:

I don't hate cats...

and all the stuff this guy said
vvvv

ElMaligno posted:

I like cats, cats can be cute and I like cute things.
(said the 32 year old man playing video games for children)

Then again I like dogs more, i fought for team dog, I am happy team dog won and I am also happy for the assburgers puppet-master style goony as gently caress meltdown that guy from team cat had.

gently caress y'all a lil bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

When I play video games my cat crawls into my arms and turns himself into a pillow for me. He is a good cat.

My other cat meanwhile bounces around with this cute dumb look on her face and tries to party with my lazy dog.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

I never realized how badly I want an ability until I read this

Unfortunately the game limits you to one Sprinkler at a time

What I'm trying to say is, Squid Beakon Rush

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

noirstronaut posted:

gently caress y'all

gently caress y'all a lil bit

This isn't my cat, but it's the cat of someone I know and it's a really good cat.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

dragon enthusiast posted:

Unfortunately the game limits you to one Sprinkler at a time

What I'm trying to say is, Squid Beakon Rush

I'm aware, but I'm willing for the game to bend the rules for an ability that awesome :colbert:

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.
We're just going to get Point Sensor Rush. :smith:

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

When I play video games my cat crawls into my arms and turns himself into a pillow for me. He is a good cat.
I legitimately read this anus for a moment. :stare:

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
One of my cats sits and paws me when I play. She is petting me, she wants pettuns back. Cats are cool and good.

You know what I'd like? I like playing Krak-on roller, but I never know exactly where to put the beacons. I'd love to see a map with the good spots marked out.

I'd also like people to use my beacons. That's what they're there for! Use! Use!

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

... I think the Splatoonus tumblr's girl squid wears the same thing as me.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Silentman0 posted:

I rock those headphones because it gives me Ink Saver Main on the least useful gear slot; I also wear headphones a lot in real life. Ditto for hoodies so I have an excuse to wear the Ninja Squid hoodie other than min-maxing

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Silentman0 posted:

It's always great when official game images and screenshots have character models clipping into themselves

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
In some places, salted squid is a delicacy.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
I'm going to confess something important.

I used to live with both a cat and a dog. The cat would never stop scratching at my door and getting his fur all over my stuff. The dog wouldn't stop barking loudly and could never decide if it wanted to stay inside or outside and never responded to my calls.

Truth be told, I hate cats and dogs with a passion. Every relative I have has one or the other and they always bring them with them during family get-togethers and they do nothing but be annoying and loud and crawl all over me and ARRRRRRRRRRRRGH :argh: :unsmigghh: :flame: :fuckoff: :killdozer:

Basically what I'm saying is I only went with Team Cat because I despite cats slightly less than dogs.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

wow rude

just sounds like some kitties and doggers wanted to be your buddy.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
yeah that's super hosed up dogs are excellent pets as witnessed by the splatfest results

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Gonna repeat my joke from earlier about Saltspray Rig not being in the rotation

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Had a crazy Port/Tower match earlier where we actually stopped the tower at 1 on our side, fought it out for 4 more minutes, and then had some miracle moment at the end with everyone on my team being alive & all of them dead which let us push the tower in for a knockout in overtime. Everyone had their specials ready to go at the same time to it was magical.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Saint Freak posted:

They held the event on American National Go Outside Day? That's some hosed up poo poo Japan.

Independence day is the event that is most like the Japanese festivals that splatfests are intended to signify.

But they should have done it on the fifth.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I missed out on actually playing, but I voted. Do I get shells anyway?

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Fix posted:

I missed out on actually playing, but I voted. Do I get shells anyway?

You might get 2 shells, but I don't know if you had to have shown up for those or not.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I have come to learn that this is nothing more frustrating then watching your squid pals swim all the way to the splatzone when you've already put down a beacon.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I rarely jump to a beakon that's right in the splat zone, because the splat zone is always getting shot at, except sometimes on port mackerel.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

SL the Pyro posted:

Truth be told, I hate cats and dogs with a passion.

My housemates own two dogs and a cat. Never really had pets before so I thought they'd be nice to have around before I moved in, but since then I had to put up with them barking at the neighbours, yowling in the middle of the night, pooping in the kitchen and leaving fur all over my stuff. Might be to do with my housemates being really irresponsible with them, but it's soured me on the whole pet ownership thing. Glad I just had to pick between Rock or Pop.

I don't even know what to do with all these seashells, guess I'll upgrade the newbie outfit to three slots and mess up some gas maskers rofls.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i like for my friends to own dogs and cats so i can pet them when i come over and then leave and not have to deal with them anymore

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

dogsicle posted:

My dog loves to stand by me in such a way that it's hard to play Splatoon.

Hey man, you got a p cool lookin dog there.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
is that a shiva in? they're both cool and japanese

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Darke GBF posted:

Hey man, you got a p cool lookin dog there.

Thanks!

noirstronaut posted:

is that a shiva in? they're both cool and japanese

Yep, he's a shiba.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
yeah autocorrect hosed that up but i'm glad you could decipher what i meant

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l92tok79kkA

I had to post this.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

Yep, he's a shiba.

Does he like broccoli? This is important.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Supercar Gautier posted:

I rarely jump to a beakon that's right in the splat zone, because the splat zone is always getting shot at, except sometimes on port mackerel.
That's why you've got to be smart with beakons. Usually behind a wall is decent enough, though the oil rig map has two pillar things just behind the splatzone. People seem to rarely look up there, so that's a great place for one.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Salt Spray is one of my favorite tower control maps. There, I said it.

Normie Slayer posted:

That's why you've got to be smart with beakons. Usually behind a wall is decent enough, though the oil rig map has two pillar things just behind the splatzone. People seem to rarely look up there, so that's a great place for one.

I usually place it further back, behind the inflatable thing over there. Harder to get to, and requires the enemy divert attention for longer to mitigate it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Trent posted:

Does he like broccoli? This is important.

Haven't tried it, sorry to disappoint.

Not a Children posted:

Salt Spray is one of my favorite tower control maps. There, I said it.

I can't reliably shoot from ledges (apparently this is common?) so it's hell for me.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Maybe I shouldn't play tonight.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

When are Splat Zones and Tower Control going to be playable in non ranked? I want to be able to play with friends, but also the "losers get no gold" really crushes my balls. Like I don't care about my rank at all, it's just there to keep me matched with people roughly around my skill. But earlier today I played a splat zone match on skatepark where the timers at the end of the five minutes were 88 and 82. It was such an even match that nobody could hold onto both points for very long. It was actually pretty cool! Until it turned out that, since I lost, I only got about 40 gold.

I want to play fun modes but I still have weapons and gear that need purchasing. :sigh:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

When are Splat Zones and Tower Control going to be playable in non ranked? I want to be able to play with friends, but also the "losers get no gold" really crushes my balls. Like I don't care about my rank at all, it's just there to keep me matched with people roughly around my skill. But earlier today I played a splat zone match on skatepark where the timers at the end of the five minutes were 88 and 82. It was such an even match that nobody could hold onto both points for very long. It was actually pretty cool! Until it turned out that, since I lost, I only got about 40 gold.

I want to play fun modes but I still have weapons and gear that need purchasing. :sigh:

Start winning more.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Level Slide posted:

Oh yeah, there was this other tower control match where everyone on my team, me included, kept getting blown up by opposing ink mines on the tower.

I think if you ink a Mine it'll blow up without having to get close. If I'm not just misattributing things and this is the case, then you want to always try and ink the top of the tower before getting on it yourself.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Onean posted:

I think if you ink a Mine it'll blow up without having to get close. If I'm not just misattributing things and this is the case, then you want to always try and ink the top of the tower before getting on it yourself.

Inking it will reveal it, but you gotta shoot it a bit more to pop it I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Not a Children posted:

I usually place it further back, behind the inflatable thing over there. Harder to get to, and requires the enemy divert attention for longer to mitigate it.
Using a beakon to get the enemy away from the splatzone sounds like a good idea, actually. I should try that.

• Locked thread