Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
lol voat is still down

voat is reddit's zybourne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.

As a Millennial I posted:

It's not an implicit hatred like I would have for a murderer, psychopath or a bully. No, it's a lot more nuanced than that.

It's the same type of hatred that you get when someone cuts you in line at the supermarket.

loving bitch lol

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

OSI bean dip posted:

lol voat is still down

voat is reddit's zybourne

who cares. Gas.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I care a lot, about websites. allow me to use a nascar analogy

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Let's get this thread to 69 pages

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I've never hear of Ellen Pao before but if she pisses off reddit I'd like to join her fan club

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

The Management posted:

I've never hear of Ellen Pao before but if she pisses off reddit I'd like to join her fan club

https://np.reddit.com/r/blog/comments/3auk69/happy_10th_birthday_to_us_celebrating_the_best_of/csg3kb7?context=1

This text for the self-post text is available in raw from pastebin

SEARCH ALL ELLEN PAO FACTS - GO HERE FIRST!
What can you do?

Repost each title to a new and suitable sub, and help others by commenting and making a reasoned discussion on all the titles they post to other subs too.
Install uBlock
Do not gild or buy reddit gold until Ellen Pao is out on her ear

Subreddit mods: Sticky a random fact that finds its way into your sub, ensure this text is there, and rotate them sometimes

Ellen Pao Fact 1: Ellen Pao is a misogynist who spent 7 years giving ALL her female colleagues scathing reviews so they wouldn't be promoted. 12 women suffered.

Ellen Pao Fact 2: Ellen Pao is implicated in stealing $150,000,000 in a ponzi scheme, stealing from firefighters pension funds since 2007/8 with hubby Buddy Fletcher.

Ellen Pao Fact 3: Ellen Pao tried to sue KPCB fraudulently after spending SEVEN YEARS painstaking leaving one-sided paper trails to the tune of 200,000 pages

Ellen Pao Fact 4: Ellen Pao tried to blackmail KPCB into paying her 2.7 million to cover unpaid legal bills for her husband Buddy Fletcher

Ellen Pao Fact 5: Ellen Pao libeled Arnold Schwarzenegger, PROVEN FALSE in court she made up the names of people and dates of events claiming some people told her "Arnie touched someone's rear end".

Ellen Pao Fact 6: Ellen Pao defrauded reddit investors by colluding and blackmailing Yishan Wong (the last CEO) into giving her the CEO title for her court trial

Ellen Pao Fact 7: Ellen Pao is building a one-sided file on Alexis Ohanian (kn0thing) and plans to sue him/reddit as a last dash attempt to get cash

Ellen Pao Fact 8: Ellen Pao wants to use some big media event to launch a non-profit to "help women", but really to try and get cash to steal away to pay legal fees

Ellen Pao is a misogynist, the people attacking what she has done are not attacking her, but her actions. WHEN Ellen Pao claims this is sexism, she is doing a massive and expected injustice to women everywhere who face real sexism. Pretending people are attacking you for your gender and not all the manipulative and despicable things you've done is offensive to all men and women Ellen Pao, and you can't get away with it again.

Here are the sources, citations, court docs and news articles that back all this up

Here are links to the FBI and SEC crime reporting pages (one requires clicking the link twice after accept) - post them a message that "you want to see Ellen Pao investigated in role of ponzi scheme and defrauding reddit investors recently by colluding with previous reddit CEO Yishan Wong"

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

It goes without saying that none of the links to the "facts" actually work

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

/r/legaladvice (or /r/bestoflegaladvice) is legit the most hilarious thing on reddit.

Like for example the dude that was told to call every divorce lawyer in town for a free consult so that his wife would be unable to divorce him because all of the lawyers in town would have a conflict of interest. That didn't really go how he expected it to.

lol you weren't kidding

quote:

Four months ago I started a rental agreement with Rent-A-Center for a living room and dining room set. I had made all my payments on time up until a month and a half ago when I was served with a deportation notice. The past month and a half have been hell for me.. But this is not the case to be discussed here. To pay for a topnotch lawyer, I pretty much sold everything I had: my car, electronics, stocks, washer/dryer and the living room and dining room set I had gotten from RAC. YES!! I know I should not have, but to me the threat of being deported is MUCH bigger than the threat of RAC. I had to get a lawyer immediately by all means necessary.
Now fast forward to the present I am dealing with the RAC workers. After countless demand letters, harassment calls and visits at my door, now they are threatening to file charges of theft against me to get me arrested. I have already explained my situation to them, that it was not my intent to keep their things without paying for them. I told them I could not return the items because I had sold them to pay for my lawyer. I explained that I would be more than happy to pay off the remaining balance and close my account once I am able to but as of right now all my money is being thrown into my deportation case.
Of course none of this matters to them. All they want is their money. My case with deportation is going to take no less than a year to settle according to my lawyer. Meanwhile RAC says they can have me arrested for theft once they file with the DA. I'm sure that process is much faster than my deportation case.
My question is.. what can I do to protect myself against RAC? Is this really felony theft and can I go to jail? Honestly RAC is the least of my worries right now. I'm being threatened with deportation for crying out loud. The only reason I'm worried now is because they told me they were going to have me arrested, and that's the last thing I need while I've got pending court dates for my deportation case.
(Note: I am not an illegal immigrant or someone who just crossed the border, so please don't assume and start with that. Thank you.)

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
reddit users are like those weird and annoying kids on campus who try to get u to listen to their cause that they think is a big deal but in reality u just cant work up the energy to care anymore so u just kind of ignore them, even on the off-chance that u actually agree w/ what theyre shouting

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

akadajet posted:

lol you weren't kidding

lmao this is the strongest case for reading reddit ive come across

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
ofc even if the stuff on ellen pao were true, lol if u think it isnt just nerds using any excuse to hate women

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

qirex posted:

it's like they can almost see that the problem is "ivy league shitbags" but they miss and land on misogyny and casual racism instead

e: also laughing at dude being mad because she "quick to use a lawyer" when she actually is a lawyer whoa big surprise she participates in lawsuits there

all of this just makes me appreciate Pao even more, I can't wait to see what else she does with Reddit

Buttcoin on the front page? a man can dream!

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Squeezy Farm posted:

who cares. Gas.

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
she got rid of salary negotiation at reddit because she says women are worse at negotiating.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lmao

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Flat Daddy posted:

she got rid of salary negotiation at reddit because she says women are worse at negotiating.

they should get rid of individual salary negotiations and instead unionize and have the union president and those guys negotiate a better salary on everyone's behalf

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Flat Daddy posted:

salaries should be published. privacy of salary sets up a Skinner box of poor negotiations that benefit women the least because they are perceived as pushy or bitchy by their benefactors if they actually try to get a competitive wage. this is perpetuated by an endless history of treating women like poo poo whether or not people are aware that they are doing it

salted hash browns
Mar 26, 2007
ykrop

Mido posted:

salaries should be published. privacy of salary sets up a Skinner box of poor negotiations that benefit women the least because they are perceived as pushy or bitchy by their benefactors if they actually try to get a competitive wage. this is perpetuated by an endless history of treating women like poo poo whether or not people are aware that they are doing it

salary privacy only benefits one group: management

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Mido posted:

if you're in the US, it is always legal to discuss salary with co-workers. It was part of a series of labor reforms, specifically the Taft-Hartley Act of 1947. Employers cannot forbid you from discussing wages, benefits, hours, or any other aspects of working conditions.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Broken Machine posted:

if you're in the US, it is always legal to discuss salary with co-workers. It was part of a series of labor reforms, specifically the Taft-Hartley Act of 1947. Employers cannot forbid you from discussing wages, benefits, hours, or any other aspects of working conditions.

the stigma remains. very very firmly. good luck actually discovering salary with strangers on your way in

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

if they were easily accessible then rates and negotiations would balance out across the nation much more naturally

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Mido posted:

the stigma remains. very very firmly. good luck actually discovering salary with strangers on your way in

ok but it's a good right to keep in mind because a lot of employers will object and are unaware of / ignore the law. If they have it written down in policy or you get them on record forbidding it, you have an easy case against them.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Broken Machine posted:

ok but it's a good right to keep in mind because a lot of employers will object and are unaware of / ignore the law. If they have it written down in policy or you get them on record forbidding it, you have an easy case against them.

that's great now i didn't get the job I probably actually wanted and I have to loving sue them

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

two

great

tastes

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Mido posted:

that's great now i didn't get the job I probably actually wanted and I have to loving sue them

probably not someplace you'd want to work anyway, might as well get paid regardless

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Broken Machine posted:

probably not someplace you'd want to work anyway, might as well get paid regardless

that's nice

but it's not how the loving world works

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

SMASH THE STATE

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

fart simpson posted:

they should get rid of individual salary negotiations and instead unionize and have the union president and those guys negotiate a better salary on everyone's behalf

this is how my job is and it owns so hard

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

akadajet posted:

lol you weren't kidding
someone post that poe's law one that was in the secfuck thread or wherever a while back about the guy doing a break and enter in his friend's workplace to hack the computers

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Mido posted:

SMASH THE STATE

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Luigi Thirty posted:

that's all just gathered from the various posts around. it is true that with the big traffic they get they were being pushed into doing basically PR and puff piece AMAs and i could see why someone who was there for years might have a problem with that.

I am Neil deGrasse Tyson. an Astrophysicist. But I think about Art often. AMA

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

reddit is good

pram
Jun 10, 2001
ubi sunt posters qui ante nos fuerunt?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

cremnob posted:

reddit is good

there's the official conformation: reddit is bad

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

akadajet posted:

lol you weren't kidding

"i'm really worried about getting deported, so i did something that is plainly a crime. i'm currently attempting to ignore the people treatening to charge me with a felony [which will lead to my deportation] to focus on my deportation case... what should i do here?"

ultramiraculous fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jul 7, 2015

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

renting to own furniture is a clear loving sign you can't be trusted to make good decisions

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

pram posted:

ubi sunt posters qui ante nos fuerunt?

redditem esse delendam

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
dude should have sold everything, skipped back home, and then came back in illegally again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Flat Daddy posted:

tech exec 2013: "you didn't give me a raise when i tried to negotiate it, so i'm suing you"

tech exec 2015: "lol gently caress you got mine biatch. boom boom pao motherfucker"

• Locked thread