Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Naruto would have been good if only it had ninjas like Natsu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

That didn't take long

Gyges posted:

Naruto would have been good if only it had ninjas like Natsu.
It does, Naruto would be good if Sasuke was more like Grey

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I liked how Most of the group intervened at the end not just Natsu. Everyone expected natsu to blow their cover, so this was a nice little change of pace.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Bad Moon posted:

Gajeel remains the man. Busting Levy's chops like it ain't not thang.

My favorite part of that was that he has a teddy in his bag for some reason.

Monaghan posted:

I liked how Most of the group intervened at the end not just Natsu. Everyone expected natsu to blow their cover, so this was a nice little change of pace.

Yea, you could see Natsu coming a mile away, but it was nice that not only Erza and Gray joined in, but even Lucy. One of the best parts of Fairy Tail, as someone mentioned here before, is realizing that even the straight men are crazy as gently caress in most cases and seeing them get their moments. Erza being the biggest and most obvious case. Even here, we have Mest looking shocked that everyone else just flipped out, but a few chapters ago he was under self-hypnosis to forget he was a member of Fairy Tail and thinking about putting himself under self-hypnosis to forget he was a member of the council to infiltrate Fairy Tail - which is a lovely little bit of mind-bending humor.

The one thing that does annoy me is that all Dragon-slayers now apparently get travel sick, not just Natsu. I know it's been the case with a while, but it just feels so lazy. Even for Mashima, who is at least usually good at making his characters quirky.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

tsob posted:

My favorite part of that was that he has a teddy in his bag for some reason.

Yea, you could see Natsu coming a mile away, but it was nice that not only Erza and Gray joined in, but even Lucy. One of the best parts of Fairy Tail, as someone mentioned here before, is realizing that even the straight men are crazy as gently caress in most cases and seeing them get their moments. Erza being the biggest and most obvious case. Even here, we have Mest looking shocked that everyone else just flipped out, but a few chapters ago he was under self-hypnosis to forget he was a member of Fairy Tail and thinking about putting himself under self-hypnosis to forget he was a member of the council to infiltrate Fairy Tail - which is a lovely little bit of mind-bending humor.

The one thing that does annoy me is that all Dragon-slayers now apparently get travel sick, not just Natsu. I know it's been the case with a while, but it just feels so lazy. Even for Mashima, who is at least usually good at making his characters quirky.

The best chapters are when Mashima remembers that Erza is supposed to be an idiot, like the Ichiya apocalypse chapter.

The only real straight man is Lucy, and I too was glad to see the return of the Lucy kick.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

This Gajeel/Levy stuff is kinda weird when I think back to how the first thing he did was crucify her

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

tsob posted:

When the dragons turned out to be ghost riding the dragon slayers I actually thought everyone's motion sickness might go away. Being explained as the effects of the dragon souls getting sick from double transportation. But nope, Dragon Slayers all have Looney Toons cartoon motion sickness where they become sick the instant they realize they're on a moving vehicle.

slev posted:

This Gajeel/Levy stuff is kinda weird when I think back to how the first thing he did was crucify her

Don't kink shame, bro.

kohon
Feb 26, 2015
Does anyone watch the anime? They just got to the point where Erza/Mira/Natsu/Lisanna get captured. It looks like they're censoring it, too. I don't know why I expected them not to, but I feel like it takes away from the dark atmosphere which makes it a little disappointing. It also takes away from the funny Natsu/Lisanna moment, as well as her reason for having to stay in animal/beast soul form.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

kohon posted:

Does anyone watch the anime? They just got to the point where Erza/Mira/Natsu/Lisanna get captured. It looks like they're censoring it, too. I don't know why I expected them not to, but I feel like it takes away from the dark atmosphere which makes it a little disappointing. It also takes away from the funny Natsu/Lisanna moment, as well as her reason for having to stay in animal/beast soul form.
Are you talking about the dark dungeon of tentacle bondage whip rape?

My god oh yes what a shame that they censored that of all things.....

kohon
Feb 26, 2015
I don't really mind the Erza part being censored since.. well yeah.

I am a little bothered by the Natsu/Lisanna part being censored which it seemed so by the next episode preview. That part didn't even have any sexual overtones.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So what you're saying is that Fairy Tail the anime is going out of it's way to keep characters clothed instead of going out of it's way to get them naked? Fairy Tail not showing boobs, truly the wonders of the universe never cease.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

It's obviously a ploy to get people to buy the bluray version for the extra uncensored scenes.

Also, i'm putting in a preorder for the blurays.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
Chapter 442

Oh no, they blew up Walt's shop. :(

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Oh no its Trafalgar Law, how are they gonna bullshit Shonen Powerup their way out of this one?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Oh no its Trafalgar Law, how are they gonna bullshit Shonen Powerup their way out of this one?

Erza will overpower his spacial lock and requip her way to victory. After Lucy uses the power of her friendship with Celestial spirits to get them out of his relaxation space.

The Mangos shall be avenged.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Did a guy with T Law's powers really just destroy some mangos?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

He has T Law's powers? I'm confused, I thought he was just like Obito.

Like seriously - teleports, your powers randomly don't work on him, puts you in another dimension?

Except mixed with that shrimp guy from Bleach. You know the one. Exacta!

Also I honestly parsed that last page or two in sort of the opposite way for a second or two.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Odds that Erza and Lucy are naked in the pocket dimension?

That wasn't actually a question, we all know it's 100%.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Aaaaand we're done here.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

oh yeah chapter is here: http://readms.com/r/fairy_tail/443/2846/1

Tits, manass, I wish grey-sama would do that to Juvia hnnnrggg and finally massive power creep. Oh and Obitoclone just gets stomped in an instant, beautiful

quintessential fairy tail, basically. Personal Bets: McTits being the member of the twelve to join da tail 80% and Marakov has joined with the enemy to do something something but reminds of family blah blah50%.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

you know, if zeref wanted to kill himself, he should have just gone the next country over, since these guys seem way more powerful than the demons he conjured up.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
And we're already encountering the next Empire's strongest warriors right away because Mashima has literally no ability to pace himself. Lovely.

Also, the usual accusations of it being generic, derivative crap, I guess.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

On the plus side, Ichiya.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

chumbler posted:

MANLY!

Also perfectly placed taint blocking cat. And the visuals for ... I didn't even catch miss powerlevel's name (and really, who cares)... powers in action were fantastic. Her design is awful but those panels were really sharp.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I will always give Fairy Tail this: so many other shounen have sucked out any fondness for their casts I might have by now or are ridden with arcs that go on forever. Neither are a problem with this series.

Sure it's totally insubstantial and I am not sure Mashima himself knows what the plot is but hey.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
Eh its Fairy Tail and i dont mind that they are already interacting with the strongest enemies of this arc because the enemy forces are so bloated and have come with no buildup whatsoever so who cares? Does anyone really want to see Natsu punch 730 squads of losers we never even knew existed until 2 weeks ago?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

Personal Bets: McTits being the member of the twelve to join da tail 80%

Yeah, either that or it'll take the Flare route where her family/town is in trouble.

Also:

chumbler posted:

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Spiderdrake posted:

MANLY!

Also perfectly placed taint blocking cat. And the visuals for ... I didn't even catch miss powerlevel's name (and really, who cares)... powers in action were fantastic.

His panoramas of large-scale fights or spells have been getting better and better. Natsu punching the giant forgettable demon had a great sense of scale to it, as did the dragon fights, whenever it was they were around.

Spiderdrake posted:

Her design is awful but those panels were really sharp.

Mashima has created two good designs with this manga. Natsu is one and Gajeel is the other. Everyone else is varying levels of bland, gimmicky or outright stolen. Zeref is hands-down the laziest design for a primary antagonist I've ever seen.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I've always liked Mistogan's design, before he became Gerard.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The dragons all have pretty rad designs.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

RatHat posted:

The dragons all had pretty rad designs.

:smith:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Simoom posted:

Eh its Fairy Tail and i dont mind that they are already interacting with the strongest enemies of this arc because the enemy forces are so bloated and have come with no buildup whatsoever so who cares? Does anyone really want to see Natsu punch 730 squads of losers we never even knew existed until 2 weeks ago?

Honestly, I kind of like watching him punch the 730 losers who just showed up. Mostly only when they're all together and it causes all the non-Fairy Tail crew to gawk though.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Monaghan posted:

you know, if zeref wanted to kill himself, he should have just gone the next country over, since these guys seem way more powerful than the demons he conjured up.

About that http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Fairy-Tail/Fairy-Tail-444--Emperor-Spriggan?id=235512

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

lmao, that's one way to do it I guess. A good twist in Fairy Tail???

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Fabricated posted:

lmao, that's one way to do it I guess. A good twist in Fairy Tail???

I didn't see this coming.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:stare: Wow. Interest has been renewed.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

Who's the chick in charge of the magic submarine. Should I remember who she is?

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
One of those nirvana losers iirc. All we need now is for Zeref to actually be a Jellal and life is good

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

When Zeref dies Jellal will become the new Zeref because there must always be a Zeref.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I was hoping Zeref would be Romeo from the future because that would be hilariously stupid but Fairy Tail Zero kinda put the kibosh on that

• Locked thread