Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lol i forgot about ff7 remake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

tbh today's square isn't really bad other than the first two FF13's being bad and the first FF14 being so awful that square wiped it off the face of the earth. they should be on track again now that they've hopefully gotten over their massive HD growing pains. At the very least they're a decent publisher.

Motto fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jul 7, 2015

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Quest For Glory II posted:

It was neither crummy or boring, it was just fine

the only really bad one was microsoft's because they pulled everything interesting out to save for Gamescom

I'm still undecided on whether sony's presentation was actually good or not

Sony's announcement was exciting, until you realized that Shenmue III is probably going to be terrible, FF7 as a remake is either going to be the best thing ever, or a disappointing cash-in, and The Last Guardian has been in development limbo for over five years, so who knows what's going on there.
As an aside, those first two are also going to be on PC, along with a lot of other high-profile games that both Sony and Microsoft showed off. Neither company really has much of an exclusive library beyond token FPS and/or third-person action game sequels.

Disclaimer, I own an Xbox one, and plan on also picking up a PS4 at some point. I enjoy games, so I buy all the systems so I can play them.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

the gamepad owns a lot and is very good

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Kaubocks posted:

Yes, but I think there's this opinion that it hurt the brand in spite of being good, and that nintendo probably wants to distance themselves from it.

Which would mean no backwards compatibility, ever, for wii u titles.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
You'll get a tablet app that works as a Gamepad but only pairs with the NX

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I already planned on keeping my Wii U around anyway for being a very space efficient source for everything Wii U and back, considering the Wii OS is in the Wii U and the Wii OS is capable of... things.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door

Kaubocks posted:

This is correct. It is absolutely integral to the two best 'experiences' on the Wii U - Wii Fit U and Art Academy.

If I had a PS4 I'd be some nerd in my bedroom playing Witcher 3 all day. I have a Wii U and so am basically now an incredibly buff Leonardo Da Vinci.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
On an unrelated note, I wish they had more Nintendo themed kids stuff. I just bought my daughter some World of Nintendo plush dolls off of Amazon, as it's the only place I can find the stuff. You can find Disney characters plastered on pretty much anything, but it's impossible to find a Princess Peach onesie that's not on etsy.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Awesome! posted:

how would i super squid jump without a touch pad?!

You can only squid jump to 4 places, so, D-pad?

You'd have to move the BOOYA button and the C'monYOU STUPID FUCKER WHAT ARE YOU DOING button somewhere, but the only real problem would be inkstrike. I guess you could have the map show up onscreen when you activate it, since you are helpless until you launch anyhow. The game is better as is, of course.

I love the gamepad, though.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

Trent posted:

You can only squid jump to 4 places, so, D-pad?

Beacons, though.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

skeletronics posted:

Beacons, though.

Nobody uses my beacons :smithicide:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Astro7x posted:

On an unrelated note, I wish they had more Nintendo themed kids stuff. I just bought my daughter some World of Nintendo plush dolls off of Amazon, as it's the only place I can find the stuff. You can find Disney characters plastered on pretty much anything, but it's impossible to find a Princess Peach onesie that's not on etsy.

I was just at the Nintendo World Store, even they had no toddler or baby sizes. Was hoping for some kind of Zelda shirt in a 2T, but the smallest anything they had was XS.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'm sure you'll find something in your size eventually

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Motto posted:

tbh today's square isn't really bad other than the first two FF13's being bad and the first FF14 being so awful that square wiped it off the face of the earth. they should be on track again now that they've hopefully gotten over their massive HD growing pains. At the very least they're a decent publisher.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is the best thing coming out next year to be honest, that's being published by Square-Enix. Tomb Raider, and Just Cause 3 are published by Square as well.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Chronojam posted:

Too many people complained about other Skuids using their beakons.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Hitman Absolution was awful and I guess Legacy of Kain fans hate them for turning that series into a moba or something?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

greatn posted:

I was just at the Nintendo World Store, even they had no toddler or baby sizes. Was hoping for some kind of Zelda shirt in a 2T, but the smallest anything they had was XS.

how was the amiibo selection?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Chronojam posted:

I use other players' beacons :unsmith:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Motto posted:

Where's Tobal 3, Square.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

raditts posted:

Where's Tobal 3, Square.

It was called Ehrgiez.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

ImpAtom posted:

It was called Ehrgiez.

I have no idea what you're talking about, why are you talking about things that don't exist.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

raditts posted:

I have no idea what you're talking about, why are you talking about things that don't exist.

I'm sorry to hurt you. :smith:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Devil's Third review codes are officially OFF THE LEASH

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Devil's Third review codes are officially OFF THE LEASH

Gamexplain hasn't made a video about the final boss so I don't believe you.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is the best thing coming out next year to be honest, that's being published by Square-Enix. Tomb Raider, and Just Cause 3 are published by Square as well.

They also saved Sleeping Dogs, and that was pretty good, though it looks like it'll be a one-off given the look of the "sequel".

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

Astro7x posted:

Yeah, they woefully underuse the princesses in any kind of merch. We've found a Peach toothbrush, and that's about it. My daughter loves Peach to death but there's hardly anything representing her.

I wish Nintendo would stop thinking their only market is boys.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Overemotional Robot posted:

I wish Nintendo would stop thinking their only market is boys.

I thought Princess Peach is for boys. :v:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Girls like Animal Crossing, Splatoon and Other (Please Specify)

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Girls like Animal Crossing, Splatoon and Other (Please Specify)

Hyrule Warriors.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Hyrule Warriors.

Chicks dig Link.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Rexroom posted:

Chicks dig Link.

Chicks dig mowing down hundreds of ineffectual shitheads.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Chronojam posted:

Hell I use my Beakons. I've been trying the Custom E-Litre and they're good as a backup if you leave a sniper spot to push with your team and it goes bad and you need to be back on a perch.

Though the Splat Charger's much faster charge is better for that kind of close support and the Kelp version's sprinkler is lovely in Turf Wars even though it lacks a panic button.

Chargers are underrated in Turf War I think, they're not going to match the score of an Aerospray but it only takes a few seconds to ink a corridor or a rectangular room and then you can get back to zipping around snapshotting people

Edit: Thought this was Splatoon thread for a second so I devoted more words than I should have to it

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
could someone explain why Nintendo should have to apologise for this years E3?

i watched it. They have the world champsionships and super mario maker. they also showed off a ton of games coming out this year.

no one else did. no one else had tangible products. what the heck are they apologising for, unless its for being the best.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

VideoGames posted:

could someone explain why Nintendo should have to apologise for this years E3?

i watched it. They have the world champsionships and super mario maker. they also showed off a ton of games coming out this year.

no one else did. no one else had tangible products. what the heck are they apologising for, unless its for being the best.

Probably the stupid amount of backlash over Federation Force existing and the new Star Fox having better graphics than the previous iterations (but not good enough apparently).

People are very loud on social media about games they don't like

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

BattleMaster posted:

Chargers are underrated in Turf War I think, they're not going to match the score of an Aerospray but it only takes a few seconds to ink a corridor or a rectangular room and then you can get back to zipping around snapshotting people

I can't tell you how many times just perching in the center and holding there has kept my team from being defeated in the last 20 seconds. Pushing into enemy territory is smart, but when you're whole team overreaches and gets splatted, the Bad Guys can do a lot in 20 seconds to make up that ground unopposed.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i just find it confusing. Nintendo's stuff was stellar. the NWC alone was so much ridiculous fun. then they properly showed off Game of the Decade Super Mario Maker and I couldnt believe it. then release dates for games coming out this year.

what the heck did the others do? it boiled down to "please believe these videos are indicative of final products due out at some point we dont know when lol"

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

VideoGames posted:

i just find it confusing. Nintendo's stuff was stellar. the NWC alone was so much ridiculous fun. then they properly showed off Game of the Decade Super Mario Maker and I couldnt believe it. then release dates for games coming out this year.

what the heck did the others do? it boiled down to "please believe these videos are indicative of final products due out at some point we dont know when lol"

Nintendo's stuff WAS great, it's just that because one of the games being a spinoff and not a new property caused huge numbers of people to bitch and sign petitions to cancel it and stuff, and I think Nintendo is just really puzzled over it and apologizing is all they can think of.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I can't tell you how many times just perching in the center and holding there has kept my team from being defeated in the last 20 seconds. Pushing into enemy territory is smart, but when you're whole team overreaches and gets splatted, the Bad Guys can do a lot in 20 seconds to make up that ground unopposed.

I think it depends on the map, I can see that in Mall, Depot, and Underpass easily but you can be nightmarish with one of the faster chargers at close-ish range on Port or Skatepark.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

BattleMaster posted:

Nintendo's stuff WAS great, it's just that because one of the games being a spinoff and not a new property caused huge numbers of people to bitch and sign petitions to cancel it and stuff, and I think Nintendo is just really puzzled over it and apologizing is all they can think of.

I think it depends on the map, I can see that in Mall, Depot, and Underpass easily but you can be nightmarish with one of the faster chargers at close-ish range on Port or Skatepark.

Skatepark's great as a charger. You can lockdown the right lane on the enemy's side, and just mess around in their turf. I love blasting in and unleashing Bomb's Away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
People are complaining because there were no big new games for the Wii U that have not been previously announced. It's quite easy to understand. They chose to go in a different direction and show stuff we already knew about. Fine. But that leads people to suspect that they are working on things for the NX and the Wii U won't see too many major new games, and that made them sad.

EDIT: The world championships were amazing though and better than any of the company conferences. I hope Nintendo actually makes it a proper world championship however because it seemed very small scale.

Rabelais D fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Jul 7, 2015

• Locked thread