Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
As an EU goon, excalibur is still the best choice for some goon on goon action, right? As in, there are people on at any time of day, and stuff?

Well, that is, if I can actually enter in the first place. What other chocies for server do I have if I want to play with a bunch of good & fun people?

Also, what's a good job to start with? I went pugilist, because I like hitting racoons in the face.

vvv Well that's part of my question then, is there an EU based goon guild around? I'd rather not play with pubbies since at least goons have a decent sense of humour. I guess I could ask on EU goon squad.

Hugoon Chavez fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jul 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Hugoon Chavez posted:

As an EU goon, excalibur is still the best choice for some goon on goon action, right? As in, there are people on at any time of day, and stuff?

Well, that is, if I can actually enter in the first place. What other chocies for server do I have if I want to play with a bunch of good & fun people?

Also, what's a good job to start with? I went pugilist, because I like hitting racoons in the face.

Being an EU on Excalibur coupled with Pugilist/Monk sounds like pain and suffering to me, but if you can get past the inherent lag from that sort of dealio then I guess it's your call.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Magil Zeal posted:

Well, going by the official preview...

The structure was always there, but the preview at least suggests that the primal was summoned by the Illuminati. Of course, who knows what will be ~revealed~ later.

So the shield was put up by the Illuminati I guess? I kinda wish more effort had been made to pointing out the castle in the middle of the lake with the shield and why it was important.

I guess, from the way everything is laid out, the shield kinda erupted from the fortress and is probably the reason most of the bridges are hosed up (debris falling everywhere). This makes visual sense, at least. This also means that at least to some extent the castle had been buried in place and may contain some pretty interesting things... though what we DID see if it didn't much look like an Allagan castle. Perhaps it's from the age of Old Ishgard.

I'm still wondering at the bizarre lack of any Allagan ruins in Eorzea other than the Tower and Azys Lla. The Allagan clearly built things to be loving indestructible. It's like someone reached out and erased their entire civilization from the planet after the Tower sank.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Patch notes: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/8d6ead756d63c285557418873e6e275711ca88e8

BRD/MCH changes, Alexander is in Duty Finder and can be queued solo.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Patch notes! Of note, I don't see any weapons listed, and all the armor is i190. Some buffschanges to both bard and machinist, particularly Wanderers/Gauss abilities.

Magil Zeal fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jul 7, 2015

Mischitary
Oct 9, 2007
Love this game. Haven't even got to level 50 yet, though. Best part of the game IMO is how cool your dude looks in it. I'd go so far as to say that this is the MMO with the coolest lookin' dudes.

I'd say Female Highlander is the no. 1 sweetest dude you can be in this game and then no. 2 is Catdude and no. 3 is a Lalafell with a mustache.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Wow!

those mch buffs are super underwhelming!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

quote:

An issue wherein the monk action “The Forbidden Chakra” and the astrologian action “Draw” could not be queued immediately following the use of a weaponskill or spell.

Oh thank Christ for that, I've either lost cards cause I ran the timer with draw not applying the effect cause of this bug or just plain didn't draw a card and wondered what the deal was.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

lmao sidewinder got loving gutted
I guess the dont want you playing outside of WM at all

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
The sound effects for the following actions have been adjusted:
Meditation / Form Shift / Fell Cleave / Broil

Good night sweet Broil sound, your annoying clang will not be forgotten.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Was Fell Cleave really that noisy? I never noticed it in dungeons but I definitely noticed Meditation and Broil all the time.

e: it might be warriors in my parties not using Deliverance and thus never using FC though

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
So with 3 turns and 4 Shafts required for a body piece I look forward to all the salt from people rolling on their 1 Shaft for the first week, assuming that all pieces can drop equally in each turn.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Eej posted:

So with 3 turns and 4 Shafts required for a body piece I look forward to all the salt from people rolling on their 1 Shaft for the first week, assuming that all pieces can drop equally in each turn.

There are 4 floors, the final one does not have a map achievement presumably because it is a boss arena. Fist, Cuff, Arm, and Burden of the Father. Burden of the Father is likely a simple boss arena like the final turns of the Binding Coil.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Oh yeah, missed that one.

HitmanAndQuitIt
Sep 13, 2002

dont take extercy
I guess solo queueing proves it's appropriate for scrubs like myself

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Patch is 560MB. Might wanna download it tonight depending on your connection.

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013

Hugoon Chavez posted:

I was just like you, EU times and started with Monk. You won't have any issues finding people to play with and the latency isn't a big deal (although I guess that depends on where you live? Routing and whatever.).

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.

HitmanAndQuitIt posted:

I guess solo queueing proves it's appropriate for scrubs like myself

I wouldn't be completely sure, because after the first round of echo SCOB and FCOB became solo queuable as well. It's not a guarantee that it's CT levels of difficulty.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

Patch notes: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/8d6ead756d63c285557418873e6e275711ca88e8

BRD/MCH changes, Alexander is in Duty Finder and can be queued solo.

Not quite sure why they saw the need to nerf ANY BRD/MCH skill with the numbers they were pulling but hopefully the changes result in some net gain at least.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The most important part of this update: a Wind Up Tataru

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

https://soundcloud.com/arkenaw-eldrian/ffxiv-alexander-theme
datamined full alexander theme

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Volt Catfish posted:

The most important part of this update: a Wind Up Tataru

:agreed:, 10/10 patch if only for this.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

lmao if this is the alexander boss theme it isnt at all what i expected and it's pretty incredible

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Rei_ posted:

lmao if this is the alexander boss theme it isnt at all what i expected and it's pretty incredible

This also sound like a potential candidate.

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

You can find out now, if you like. Server's back up, half an hour early.

Unironically cannot wait to listen to autotuned Kermit the Frog while we all kill steampunk automatons.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Hivac posted:

This also sound like a potential candidate.

Yeah, that's the song I was talking about. Pretty dang rad

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Calihan posted:

Not quite sure why they saw the need to nerf ANY BRD/MCH skill with the numbers they were pulling but hopefully the changes result in some net gain at least.

They made the stances give 10% more damage. So they reduced most of the stance only skills by 10%. Sidewinder though yeah that was a big reduction. It should still be a damage/Quality of life gain though.

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog
An issue wherein the dark knight action "Dark Arts" would only apply its additional effect to a single target when used in area-of-effect attacks.

And everything's hunky dory again!

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I never want to set north thanalan again

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Trying to figure out new raid fights immediately is really fun.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
First boss of Alex is EZ

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

bonewitch posted:

First boss of Alex is EZ

Not for pubs it isn't :v: (Alexander spoilers ahead)

We did like six cycles of the Missile-Add-AOE damage up the rear end and the hp values were always like 4%/16% by the time they self destruct. Best we did is killing one and getting the other to 15%. I'm not a dps but the dps seemed really bad

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011
Alex cleared. Extremely, extremely easy.

http://i.imgur.com/Wsoc2hJ.jpg

There are tons of abilities that can be nightmareish if altered slightly, which I expect them to do for Savage.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

quote:

An issue when using DirectX 11 wherein the screen resolution may change to windowed mode while confirming a full screen mode resolution. (Windows)

Oh thank god. I was getting this every time I started the game.

e: And they turned down the sound effect of Broil. Today is a good day.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Volt Catfish posted:

Not for pubs it isn't :v: (Alexander spoilers ahead)

We did like six cycles of the Missile-Add-AOE damage up the rear end and the hp values were always like 4%/16% by the time they self destruct. Best we did is killing one and getting the other to 15%. I'm not a dps but the dps seemed really bad

We cleared in 3 pulls and the only reason it took that long was because our healer dc'd mid fight.

Chyea posted:

Alex cleared. Extremely, extremely easy.

http://i.imgur.com/Wsoc2hJ.jpg

There are tons of abilities that can be nightmareish if altered slightly, which I expect them to do for Savage.

Boss 3 seems like a ton of fun if they had real mechanics on it

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
So the titles were bugged by the way. Lighter than Air is the new Chocobo flying title, Finder of False Gods is Ravana EX, and Illuminati Quencher has vanished, presumably the Savage Alex t4 title now.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
I have i170 gear, and I have upgrade items that I bought with seals. How do I use them together to make i180 gear?

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Axle_Stukov posted:

So the titles were bugged by the way. Lighter than Air is the new Chocobo flying title, Finder of False Gods is Ravana EX, and Illuminati Quencher has vanished, presumably the Savage Alex t4 title now.
Illuminati Quencher actually seems to be for completing the Alexander questline, which should just be clearing normal difficulty.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

more like dICK posted:

I have i170 gear, and I have upgrade items that I bought with seals. How do I use them together to make i180 gear?

Npc in idyll shire across the road from the retainer bell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
People are saying Alex is easy, but how easy is it, exactly? Are the turns easier the EX primals, or where are they exactly?

• Locked thread