Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

ullerrm posted:

God drat Lyron is so bad :eng99: I tried to teach that guy to PvP when he was in Rote, and nothing ever stuck.

Let's be fair, lossmails stuck to him very well. He managed to find a couple every time we went on a fleet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enemu
May 31, 2014

Booley posted:

Let's be fair, lossmails stuck to him very well. He managed to find a couple every time we went on a fleet.

I miss brawling in Syndicate with you dudes moontime

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

NyxBiker posted:

Absolutely no. Just remember that as long as you're in Trial, you will have a 24hrs limit on your Skillqueue.

Ah, cool. I bought a normal account so no queue limit.

On that note, I started Calidari, and a lot of poo poo on the wiki mentions how good the minmatar Rifters are. Is it worth it adding minmatar frigate to my skill queue early for that or are the cheap calidari ships pretty sufficient?

Zaepho
Oct 31, 2013

Zerilan posted:

On that note, I started Calidari, and a lot of poo poo on the wiki mentions how good the minmatar Rifters are. Is it worth it adding minmatar frigate to my skill queue early for that or are the cheap calidari ships pretty sufficient?

The skill queue limit is 50 skills. No time limit but 50 line items.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Zerilan posted:

The wiki is years old. Rifters haven't been the newbee ship dujour in as many years. Stick with Caldari.

The only Minmatar Frigates we use in goon space seem to be Bursts (for healing Harpyfleets)

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Hexel posted:

You should've seen our official killboard before they shitcanned it.

I remember Solo's excuse being "it's easy for the reimbursement team and that's all we need it for."

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Slashers are what I got from the newbee frigate program, they are faster than the rifter and make a better tackler i think. I dont think it actually matters I just kinda flew whatever looked cool and tackled people and blew up drones.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

MorsAnima posted:

Wormhole drama best drama. Might be a chuckle-worthy read for the holesquad guys.

Time to disband hole squad and merge them back into the motherland before they go Black Ops on us.

Them and Groon. You can't trust the pineapple.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
I am thinking about coming back to eve, is scamming still a good source of income?

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

Time to disband hole squad and merge them back into the motherland before they go Black Ops on us.

Pineapple is love. Pineapple is life.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

r00tn00b posted:

I am thinking about coming back to eve, is scamming still a good source of income?

Probably the best. You'd think eventually every single EVE player would have eventually been scammed and would eventually know better, but nope.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Otacon posted:

Probably the best. You'd think eventually every single EVE player would have eventually been scammed and would eventually know better, but nope.

Wow well then I will resub as soon as I update.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Zephyrine posted:

"I should have known when I saw the pineapple."

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
I was a groon spy!

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Zephyrine posted:

You don't think one of us wrote that, do you?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

scandoslav posted:

You don't think one of us wrote that, do you?

You can never take risks with wormholers. It's all a game of thrones in there. Everyone is everyone elses cousin.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Zephyrine posted:

I've been looking at repurposing old cyno alts as a way to develop chains to hit targets. Goddamn this guy is spergy about it. I think he posts on EVE-O?

bongsnake
Jul 28, 2004
We're Jammin

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

Schlampa
Dec 28, 2006

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Comrade Koba posted:

Did every step in this: https://wiki.goonfleet.com/Joining_GoonWaffe_101

I was away from the computer a short while while waiting for the account information in Step 7 and unfortunately during that time it rebooted to apply updates. I missed the login details, but I managed to use password recovery to get into the forums anyway, which seemed to work fine except I can't view any content, as I explained above. I waited a couple of days before applying ingame just to be sure, but I really can't see anything I've missed.

I just want to play internet spaceships with goons. :smith:

Email newbies@goonfleet.com with your problem include your GF.com forums account name and SA account name.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

what the gently caress

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

what the gently caress

At least it's better than that random KarmaFleet guy who tried to change the fatbee.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Vapists ruin everything.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Why is Nepetabee sucking a vape anyway?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Bilirubin posted:

Why is Nepetabee sucking a vape anyway?

Millennials, that's why. :corsair:

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Worldshatter posted:

At least it's better than that random KarmaFleet guy who tried to change the fatbee.

Speaking of changing the fatbee, I think this must have been after Goonfleet got stolen and we reformed as GSF, someone at CCP got their panties in a bunch because they thought it was like a Nazi helmet or something and tried to make us change it. The mail mittens sent to CCP in response was one of the funniest things I've ever read.
I'm trying to find it but Google is all poo poo up with TMC "Open Letters to CCP" and some on the official forums (lol top result: a letter to mittens condemning him as a cyberbully in re: fanfest). I just remember gratuitous use of the word "Picklehauser" or something like that, really want to read that letter again, perhaps its on the wiki hidden in the history section somewhere.

PS since there's some genuine newbies posting in the thread, if you're bored at work or something I suggest you go into the history section and read some of the articles in there. Most the spaceship knowledge is outdated and useless but some of it is genuinely pretty drat funny, and it'll also give you a sense of how loving stupid some of the poo poo :ccp: has done is.

EDIT: The GF Politics section on the wiki rather.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Syndic Thrass posted:

Speaking of changing the fatbee, I think this must have been after Goonfleet got stolen and we reformed as GSF, someone at CCP got their panties in a bunch because they thought it was like a Nazi helmet or something and tried to make us change it. The mail mittens sent to CCP in response was one of the funniest things I've ever read.
I'm trying to find it but Google is all poo poo up with TMC "Open Letters to CCP" and some on the official forums (lol top result: a letter to mittens condemning him as a cyberbully in re: fanfest). I just remember gratuitous use of the word "Picklehauser" or something like that, really want to read that letter again, perhaps its on the wiki hidden in the history section somewhere.

PS since there's some genuine newbies posting in the thread, if you're bored at work or something I suggest you go into the history section and read some of the articles in there. Most the spaceship knowledge is outdated and useless but some of it is genuinely pretty drat funny, and it'll also give you a sense of how loving stupid some of the poo poo :ccp: has done is.

EDIT: The GF Politics section on the wiki rather.

Post the letter here so I can see The Funniest Thing Ever Written

Please and thank you :tipshat:

Enemu
May 31, 2014
For all newbees CCP is, shockingly, a much more competent company now than they used to be. Be thankful that Aegis doesn't delete boot.ini :ccp:

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Enemu posted:

For all newbees CCP is, shockingly, a much more competent company now than they used to be. Be thankful that Aegis doesn't delete boot.ini :ccp:

Holy poo poo, I always thought that one was just ironic/hyperbole. That was real?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Oh hell yes it was

e: source: http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/about-the-boot.ini-issue/

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:
how do you succeed in this game

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Captn Kurp posted:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Captn Kurp posted:

by logging out

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

ChickenWing posted:

by logging out

Not nearly enough. You have to uninstall and then take a hammer to whichever SSD you installed it on.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Captn Kurp posted:

Ask RoyOfCA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Someone post the gm sunshine incident.

• Locked thread