Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

JosefStalinator posted:

No anime/rap mix will ever compare to the greatest one ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPntjTPWgKE

I take offense to this.

She might not be a real rapper, but this works perfectly and no one, as far as I know, can deny it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-ObNXBbXHI

Oh jeez, new page. Uh.

This is loving hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Are we still doing mashups?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcfzQVYNHnU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I like this T-shirt Teefury just put up, though I wouldn't buy it for 17. Maybe if it was one of their daily deals for 11.

Einppa :3:

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

J.A.B.C. posted:

http://www.bartkira.com/

All six volumes. In case you didn't think this was going to be a real thing.

gently caress. I was supposed to be working on my own comic today, and I got caught up reading this masterpiece. Oh well, at least I have inspiration for layouts and seeing what works and what doesn't.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Any Batman stuff, I'm on a Batman kick right now.

Twazuk
Oct 3, 2010

I hope so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6IKTNmn3Uo

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Perf.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007
I am very witty: nit-witty, dim-witty, and half-witty.

Mashups, you say?

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yHUSkyslMQ

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I think I know how those crystals gets charged up.

Realistic Pokemons:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I will never get tired of Bartkira.

However if it was ever made into an actual movie, they'd need to get someone other than Nancy Cartwright to do voices. Because gently caress scientology.

Captain Invictus posted:

I like this T-shirt Teefury just put up, though I wouldn't buy it for 17. Maybe if it was one of their daily deals for 11.

I'd watch this show.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Not Bartkira, but Akira nonetheless

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

All of this, and also volume 3 of Bartkira is out.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

a kitten posted:

Not Bartkira, but Akira nonetheless

I just realized that Kill La Kill is basically Akira with titties and cameltoe. :stare:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I just realized that Kill La Kill is basically Akira with titties and cameltoe. :stare:

Don't forget the incest and rape themes! Because I can't, no matter how much I drink.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They even have the main character and the rival constantly shout each other's names!

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Captain Invictus posted:

What do I have to do for more Sky-Corgi fanart?

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Excuse me, but the underage titties and cameltoe are actually a vital piece of Kill la Kill's references to Nietzschean philosophy, specifically the concept of the ubermensch. It's actually really tasteful and necessary rape and incest, and that you aren't able to see past it is a sign of your immaturity. Maybe you shouldn't try to criticize things you don't understand.

I'm still amazed people actually try to defend it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Excuse me, but the underage titties and cameltoe are actually a vital piece of Kill la Kill's references to Nietzschean philosophy, specifically the concept of the ubermensch. It's actually really tasteful and necessary rape and incest, and that you aren't able to see past it is a sign of your immaturity. Maybe you shouldn't try to criticize things you don't understand.

You seem very upset abut anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl1G-xSe-90

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Waffleman_ posted:

They even have the main character and the rival constantly shout each other's names!

This is actually all I remember about Akira, because I couldn't follow about half of it. That, and kids wearing red clothing.

:byodame:: "RyukOOOOOOOOOO!!"
:livintrope:: "KiryuIIIIIIIIIIN!!"

420 Gank Mid posted:

What do I have to do for more Sky-Corgi fanart?

same

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

You seem very upset abut anime

Nah dude he just paraphrasing poo poo people actually said lmao

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Inari (well, and Chamupei) is definitely my favourite Touhou fanartist these days. Dude absolutely nails the "cute creepy" style, the third image there is probably the best example of it.

On that note, have some Peanuts fanart in Japanese style I found on Pixiv.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

This is lovely art, but they missed a huge chance to put a kite in there.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

This is lovely art, but they missed a huge chance to put a kite in there.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

やれやれだぜ

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Waffleman_ posted:

やれやれだぜ

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Man that's a whole lotta effort to go to just to say that you don't like something.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Man that's a whole lotta effort to go to just to say that you don't like something.

If you don't hide your real opinion in spoiler tags people will think you're being sincere about liking anime

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

kill la kill is for pedophiles

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Pretty much every picture of Deep Dream posted so far has successfully stabbed that primal and secret part of my brain what triggers unease in a way that something as plain as a spider could never hope to match.
Is there a higher purpose to this project and the fact that it turns people into piles of eyeballs and walls into fish, or did someone just feel like creating a nightmare machine? Because what the gently caress, Google?

Why is everything dogs? Is it trying to warn us about something?

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Cicadas! posted:

Pretty much every picture of Deep Dream posted so far has successfully stabbed that primal and secret part of my brain what triggers unease in a way that something as plain as a spider could never hope to match.
Is there a higher purpose to this project and the fact that it turns people into piles of eyeballs and walls into fish, or did someone just feel like creating a nightmare machine? Because what the gently caress, Google?

Why is everything dogs? Is it trying to warn us about something?

As I understand it, it's trying to build an image based on things it has seen before in that (very) basic context. It looks for patterns in the image and decides what comes next. They basically gave a computer Pareidolia.

Nastyman has a new favorite as of 23:29 on Jul 7, 2015

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Soon enough someone with experience is going to figure out how to manipulate these in just the right way and we'll finally have accurate recreations of a hallucinogen experience.

Jon Zyetta
May 6, 2003
Your Bargaining Posture Is Highly Dubious

mind the walrus posted:

Soon enough someone with experience is going to figure out how to manipulate these in just the right way and we'll finally have accurate recreations of a hallucinogen experience.

Are you saying that this isn't already true??

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Jon Zyetta posted:

Are you saying that this isn't already true??

It's not far off, but it needs a few tweaks. Hallucinating images--even as fuzzy shapes that are only defined for fractions of a second like in this Fear&Loathing gif--are quite rare on LSD and Mushrooms. However the sense of the environment warping is much closer than any media depiction with rocking to dutch angles and colored lighting has ever been.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

corn in the bible posted:

kill la kill is for pedophiles

i haven't seen it but it seems like a lot of people like it, why does it attract pedophiles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

hubris.height posted:

i haven't seen it but it seems like a lot of people like it, why does it attract pedophiles?

lots of underage schoolgirl fanservice

• Locked thread