Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Couldn't find anything so I tried doing it myself for practice. There's still a few untranslated pages from different stories in the pixiv album but gently caress it.

This was technically the first time I tried to properly translate a mango from Japanese so if there's anyone who knows their poo poo please tell what I did wrong. That said, it should be an okay translation.

tiistai fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jul 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It might be missing the finite details if you're not super confident in your translation I guess, but it's really good for my liking and I think you should upload it to Batoto so that people who can't see this thread can enjoy it too.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Oh my god. :kimchi:

Thanks a lot, tiistai.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
JoJotsuba&! is alright.

Thirty-Five Minutes
Aug 12, 2007
not a republic serial villain
Thanks for posting the translated version, tiistai, it's great (and very adorable now I know what everyone is saying).

On the subject of fancomics, here's a fan-edit called "If Jolyne Got More Backup During Stone Ocean".

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Thanks for doing that. It's very cute.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Thirty-Five Minutes posted:

Thanks for posting the translated version, tiistai, it's great (and very adorable now I know what everyone is saying).

On the subject of fancomics, here's a fan-edit called "If Jolyne Got More Backup During Stone Ocean".

Isn't Josuke dead by the time Stone Ocean starts?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
No? What made you think he was dead?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

unless josuke somehow magically got hit by an ambulance as well there's literally no reason why he would be dead given that he's goddamn 16 in diamond is unbreakable

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I still wish somebody would make some sort of What If Giorno Was In Stone Ocean thing.

Even if it was just him going to Disneyland.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Isn't Josuke dead by the time Stone Ocean starts?
Josuke is probably dead by the time part 6 ends.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Thirty-Five Minutes posted:

"Kishibe Rohan Goes to Prison"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
That scene near the end of Stardust Crusaders where Jotaro, Kakyoin and Joseph bust through a wall and pose to save Polnareff, but it's Josuke, Giorno and Joseph at Cape Canaveral instead.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i want to believe joseph was still kickin it by the end of part 6

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Aurain posted:

It might be missing the finite details if you're not super confident in your translation I guess, but it's really good for my liking and I think you should upload it to Batoto so that people who can't see this thread can enjoy it too.

Yeah, as far as I know the tl is good, but the perfectionist in me wants to know for sure because I'm neither experienced at Japanese to English nor a native speaker in either language.

Seems like it's good enough though, it's on Batoto now minus the extra pages.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

minoru suzuki posted:

i want to believe joseph was still kickin it by the end of part 6
Theoretically, Rohan, who is confirmed to be immune to Made In Heaven, could just write "Survive Time Fuckery" in everyone's face, couldn't he?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

No final villain would ever be a threat again.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Normie Slayer posted:

Theoretically, Rohan, who is confirmed to be immune to Made In Heaven, could just write "Survive Time Fuckery" in everyone's face, couldn't he?

He's not immune, he's just that good. And that's not really how Heaven's Door works.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Heaven's Door never really shows reasonable limits. Rohan was able to make Koichi shoot forwards at superhuman speeds, for example.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Rohan should be in every part honestly.

Have a miniseries where he goes around meeting all the JoJos and hating each one.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Rohan should be in every part honestly.

Have a miniseries where he goes around meeting all the JoJos and hating each one.

Speedwagon and Rohan buddy movie

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Speedwagon, Kishibe, I'm putting you two on the Joestar case!"
"Oh boy!" "Oh gently caress."

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Is there some kind of clause in the Japanese writers' guild contract that if a writer doesn't have a small girl constantly refer to herself in the third person and constantly talk about marrying older male friends/relatives they get kicked out? Or is it just that none of them have ever encountered an actual child before?

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Prison Warden posted:

Is there some kind of clause in the Japanese writers' guild contract that if a writer doesn't have a small girl constantly refer to herself in the third person and constantly talk about marrying older male friends/relatives they get kicked out? Or is it just that none of them have ever encountered an actual child before?

Have you encountered a japanese child before? I'm not saying it's accurate i'm just curious. Japanese use names a lot instead of pronouns, IIRC

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I dunno maybe it's a japanese kid thing

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I dunno maybe it's a japanese kid thing

Apparently it is? From what I heard Japanese doesn't have pronouns per sé, but nouns that just regularly get used as pronouns, and that's why children tend to use their names as pronouns as well or something? Point is children don't do that in English and not having them use pronouns instead of names is just lovely translating.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

a cartoon duck posted:

Point is children don't do that in English and not having them use pronouns instead of names is just lovely translating.

Yeah it's this. To be fair, I'm pretty far on the localising side of that whole boring anime discussion, so I guess most people just wouldn't give a poo poo.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

Apparently it is? From what I heard Japanese doesn't have pronouns per sé, but nouns that just regularly get used as pronouns, and that's why children tend to use their names as pronouns as well or something? Point is children don't do that in English and not having them use pronouns instead of names is just lovely translating.

littleorv is starting to understand.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I'm not sure of the release timing here so I'll just ask. Is... Gyro singing a song about cheese to the tune of Rhianna's Umbrella?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Prison Warden posted:

I'm not sure of the release timing here so I'll just ask. Is... Gyro singing a song about cheese to the tune of Rhianna's Umbrella?

You are up to a bit of a disappointment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy7J9q-eWmE

I like this version better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3OMjs4Y7a8

(I love Gyro, by the way)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I was very happy when in one of the trailers for ASB, they had Gyro rella rella rella and Kakyoin rerorerorero in response.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Truly the best JoJo

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So here's something I remembered. So you know that part in part 4 where it is revealed in Josuke's past there was a guy who saved his mom and himself as a small child, and that guy is who Josuke modeled his hair after? Well that guy looked SO MUCH like Josuke I thought some weird time travel thing was going to happen and Josuke was going to save himself in the past. I'm actually surprised that guy and that event was never brought up again, now that I think about it.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So here's something I remembered. So you know that part in part 4 where it is revealed in Josuke's past
It wasn't Josuke.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Sometimes a childhood hero is just a childhood hero. Morioh is a cool town with cool people; that guy was just one of them.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Should "IT WASN'T JOSUKE" be added to the OP?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
We all thought that and the intelligent people were relieved that it wasn't dumb Harry Potter time travel poo poo.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Why does this happen every 5 pages

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

If it was, I think it would have played out that Josuke didn't recognise his mother and was too busy just focusing on saving her out of the good of his heart.

Would have been nice to know a little more about that scene though. Even it not being Josuke. What was he doing there? Why was he scuffed up as if he had been fighting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I don't think those are questions that really require answers, honestly.

What's important isn't who he was or why he was there but what he did and how Josuke chose to honor his memory. There's subtext you can read into - like the guy being a delinquent - but it's not like that scene would be substantially more meaningful if we knew the minute specifics.