Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Dr. Honked posted:

as i understand it, the biggest problem with homestuck is its fans

that and its text density

it's like the end of problem sleuth FROM THE START

problem sleuth was fun because the games "rules" clearly got more and more complex as the story went on, to the point of silliness that nobody would actually program this thing

homestuck appears to be a genuine effort to actually build out the insane ruleset implied in problem sleuth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
i remember being curious about homestuck a while back and watching a flash comic panel for 30 sec and losing interest, i guess i missed

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Dr. Honked posted:

as i understand it, the biggest problem with homestuck is its fans

true for all things

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
unlike problem sleuth or the other ones, fans aren't making the choices for homestuck

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

As a Millennial I posted:

drat, how could the developers of a game called The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom be completely horrible? whodathunk

oh that's them? winterbottom was a neat game

and wasn't Hussie also making some Namco dating sim or am I thinking of someone else

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Sweevo posted:

i'm going to have to admit something here. i have no idea what homestuck is

i just realised i was thinking of homestar runner the whole time

that's just the japanese title. over here it's called "mother 2" i think

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Boxturret posted:

why the buckets?

it's a sex thing.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Yodzilla posted:

oh that's them? winterbottom was a neat game

and wasn't Hussie also making some Namco dating sim or am I thinking of someone else

http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Namco_High

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
homestuck is longer than war and peace, there's a dece amount of good music attached to it though

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Sweevo posted:

It's a very long multimedia webcomic written by a funny guy. Its primary feature is its terrible, obsessive fans. i like it and i'm mostly sure that's not just because I was still in high school when I started reading it.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
homestuck has over 700,000 words and 3-4 hours of flashes. it's really long and is best enjoyed by discussing it with friends who read it and never going to any fansite of any sort, much like everything else. basically this:

atomicthumbs posted:

It's a very long multimedia webcomic written by a funny guy. Its primary feature is its terrible, obsessive fans. i like it and i'm mostly sure that's not just because I was still in high school when I started reading it.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

qntm posted:

homestuck is longer than war and peace, there's a dece amount of good music attached to it though

garfield is also longer than war and peace

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

that's just the japanese title. over here it's called "mother 2" i think

:golfclap:

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal

atomicthumbs posted:

i read the first 200-ish updates recently and it seemed okay, but not something I'd spend time reading if I wasn't stuck at a desk. the random flash interactivity was clever though.

didn't the same guy do a stick figure cyoa comic in gbs ages ago that involved a guy with a pumpkin stuck on his head?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Nintendo Kid posted:

garfield is also longer than war and peace

WELL, Jon, our house and the vet are now no more than private estates of the Arbuckle family. No, I warn you, that if you do not tell me we are at war, if you again allow yourself to palliate all the infamies and atrocities of this Nermal (upon my word, I believe he is), I don't know you in future, you are no longer my friend, no longer my faithful slave, as you say. There, how do you do, how do you do? I see I'm scaring you, sit down and talk to me. I hate Mondays."

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/517227712/homtime-c1pro-your-all-in-one-bedside-gadget?ref=category

bespoke artisanal chinese dropshipper electronics

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

bucketmouse posted:

i read the first 200-ish updates recently and it seemed okay, but not something I'd spend time reading if I wasn't stuck at a desk. the random flash interactivity was clever though.

after the introductory part it becomes different and much more complicated.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

atomicthumbs posted:

after the introductory part it becomes different and much more complicated.

how so

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
it's a lot of text

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

finally a way to know the temperature in my bedroom without getting out of bed

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

you know how it starts off with one character? well at this point there are like six billion. and it's set in like, five universes at once

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

sounds really stupid

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

dog the people who made the kickstarter is the chinese company that's going to manufacture it. it's an update to an existing product they have.

you can't exactly be a dropshipper for yourself.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

theflyingorc posted:

WELL, Jon, our house and the vet are now no more than private estates of the Arbuckle family. No, I warn you, that if you do not tell me we are at war, if you again allow yourself to palliate all the infamies and atrocities of this Nermal (upon my word, I believe he is), I don't know you in future, you are no longer my friend, no longer my faithful slave, as you say. There, how do you do, how do you do? I see I'm scaring you, sit down and talk to me. I hate Mondays."
:golfclap:

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I posted an article earlier about a dude whos done this repeatedly. his entire ks / indiegogo presence is reselling (most toy drones) people are too lazy to search ebay for.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

atomicthumbs posted:

you know how it starts off with one character? well at this point there are like six billion. and it's set in like, five universes at once

this is starting to remind me of problem sleuth

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

theflyingorc posted:

the reverse chapters of use of mondays are more nuanced than i remember

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1730981799/cinnamon-ii-the-ultimate-retro-smartwatch

my opinion went from 'okay that's kinda cool' to 'hahaha what is this shitshow' in under 4 paragraphs. make sure to watch the YouTube for the sexy, sexy profile view shot.

atomicthumbs posted:

gross. kinda figured something like that would have to happen in order for it to go on that long though

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Sweevo posted:

*crashes thru apartment door into thread*

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

atomicthumbs posted:

on that last point, i am old status and tried reading a little of it to see what the fuss was about. it's bad. ten, twenty years from now you will wonder what you ever saw in it

this happens to most (not all) of the poo poo you like as a teen. hope you like slowly losing your youthful enthusiasm for bad culture as your body slowly begins betraying you and the dread of mortality comes to dominate your every waking moment before you mercifully expire

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull
speaking of bad culture you love when you're an idiot babby, wing commander 3 was p. awesome when i played it in the 1990s and i'm p. sure it's actually terrible to the point that i have like zero desire to play it again. chris robert's kickstarted attempt to revive his career as a maker of bad wannabe ww2 movies in fmv cutscene form appears to finally be melting down the way everyone thought it would. if you haven't checked out the shart citizen thread in a while because it was getting boring, skim through the past two-ish weeks

(a bunch of the drama was kicked up by extensive, on-point public criticism of the project by none other than DEREK SMART! mixed with an assload of self promotion because DEREK SMART, but holy lol we are through the looking glass. for added comedy george "duke nukem forever" broussard recently tweeted an admonishment to stop buying pixel ships for hundreds of dollars you idiots)

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
can homestuck become the english word for hikikomori?

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Tanith posted:

can homestuck become the english word for hikikomori?

it already is

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies

bucketmouse posted:

make sure to watch the YouTube for the sexy, sexy profile view shot.

hahaha good lord

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:

bucketmouse posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1730981799/cinnamon-ii-the-ultimate-retro-smartwatch

my opinion went from 'okay that's kinda cool' to 'hahaha what is this shitshow' in under 4 paragraphs. make sure to watch the YouTube for the sexy, sexy profile view shot.

this is bizarre but at least he has an extremely reasonable risks and limitations section

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

barely lasted six months must have been a success

e: lol wow this looks boring and bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WdvbHZLi94

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

so the homestuck game was as much of a success as the yogscast game

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Virion posted:

the reverse chapters of use of mondays are more nuanced than i remember

lol

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
guess who has a new kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pennyarcade/bring-penny-arcades-automata-to-life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
if veronica mars can do it then goddamn, our sci-fi noir comic can do it

• Locked thread