Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
oh that's right, regardless if you think win phone flagships (that haven't been refreshed in over a year) are faster than android or ios flagships you are a little crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

carry on then posted:

this is one of the most obnoxious articles i've ever read

he's trying to write like a new york sunday gossip columnist. it isn't working.

also, that loving double-hyphen in the headline instead of an em dash. no self-respect

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Yeah 8 and above are using the discontinued win rt kernel.

That's why win pho 7.8 exists, it's because the devices couldn't handle such a thing

On paper say, a nexus 6 is better. In theory, Android is such poo poo the specs barely run better then win pho.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

mod sassinator posted:

oh that's right, regardless if you think win phone flagships (that haven't been refreshed in over a year) are faster than android or ios flagships you are a little crazy

i fully believe they have a more responsive interface than android, yes

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

theultimo posted:

Win 10

Win 8.1

i think this looks gooder but if the red was yellow it would bee even better

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

they really should have gone all -in with the interface from the zune hd for their mobile design language

that poo poo was tight. shame about the rest of it

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
should have used zune software as the basis for their desktop design

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

he zune music app was good. easy to use, visually distinct. then they killed it.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

i think this looks gooder but if the red was yellow it would bee even better

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

mod sassinator posted:

games may not run at high framerates, but the system as a whole is more responsive and fluid and feels like ios in that regard.

i had an iphone, i had a winphone and i have an android now

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
windows 95 had shapes, icons, colors
winpho 10 has rectangles, text, and a color

what a step back

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
my 4s w/ ios8 is an unresponsive turd

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

duTrieux. posted:

he zune music app was good. easy to use, visually distinct. then they killed it.

the album art display during playback was really slick

Shaggar posted:

no poo poo shaggar, my 4 had serious problems with ios7 and was real bad during ios6.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Shaggar posted:

wow a mobile phone from 2011 is no longer any good??? maybe you should have gotten a samsung galaxy nexus? i hear no one's had issues with those. or maybe you'd prefer the lumia 800, which ran windows phone 7.5 and couldn't upgrade to windows phone 8?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

anthonypants posted:

wow a mobile phone from 2011 is no longer any good??? maybe you should have gotten a samsung galaxy nexus? i hear no one's had issues with those. or maybe you'd prefer the lumia 900, which ran windows phone 7.5 and couldn't upgrade to windows phone 8?

apple should not have released ios 7 or 8 for the 4s if it cant run them.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
not that theres anything in ios 7 or 8 that should require faster hardware. its just really bad in general I guess.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Shaggar posted:

apple should not have released ios 7 or 8 for the 4s if it cant run them.
would the lack of updates have convinced you to upgrade, or would you still be on one of those two shitphones today, and defend them against ios devices? i guess we'll never know

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Dodoman posted:

games may not run at high framerates, but the system as a whole is more responsive and fluid and feels like ios in that regard.

i had an iphone, i had a winphone and i have an android now

i've had an iphone 5, winphone 7 device (ugh), and an android 5 device and the exact opposite is true. people still clinging to 'windows phone is more fluid' haven't used a modern android or ios device.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
my nexus 4 is old as dirt and works fine

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

would b pure ownage if every icon had its own timing and flashed out of sync with every other icon

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

would b pure ownage if every icon had its own timing and flashed out of sync with every other icon

i would be hypnotized to cum

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

mod sassinator posted:

i've had an iphone 5, winphone 7 device (ugh), and an android 5 device and the exact opposite is true. people still clinging to 'windows phone is more fluid' haven't used a modern android or ios device.

i have a xperia z3 and i didn't say it was more fluid than ios.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Shaggar posted:

not that theres anything in ios 7 or 8 that should require faster hardware. its just really bad in general I guess.

if you are serious you can do some android level phone janitoring and downgrade your 4s to ios 6

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/06/28/odysseusota-downgrade-ipad-2-iphone-4s-ios-6-1-3/

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Perplx posted:

if you are serious you can do some android level phone janitoring and downgrade your 4s to ios 6

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/06/28/odysseusota-downgrade-ipad-2-iphone-4s-ios-6-1-3/
he is not serious

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

the nt kernel is the second best option for a phone after osx and will spank the poo poo out of android garbage in performance

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Yeah the 4 is completely hardware jailbroken.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Phoenixan posted:

i noticed that groove got added to the page because i just got Groove Edge

:tipshat:

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Shaggar posted:

but like just trying to find information on what winphones are available is a disaster. Microsoft's site only lists like 4 out of date phones and then each carrier has their own exclusive phones. its a loving nightmare. gonna wait until winphone 10 comes out tho and hopefully stuff will make more sense.

:allears: Shaggar!

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

one of them should just not flash for no apparent reason

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pseudorandom name posted:

one of them should just not flash for no apparent reason

ya thats how u know u got an email

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Oh, Windows Mobile 10 super hyper championship edition tries to color coordinate, but individual apps break it

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

theultimo posted:

Oh, Windows Mobile 10 super hyper championship edition tries to color coordinate, but individual apps break it

They wanted to color coordinate their icons alphabetically?? MICORSOFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
if it pleases the court, i would like to be My Verizon Mobile

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

theultimo posted:

no groove, way to be off brand

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
the emperor's new groove

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Smythe posted:

if it pleases the court, i would like to be My Verizon Mobile

approved!