Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Little lesson for you, Gary- If you want to shed crocodile tears and pretend like you give a poo poo about the LGBT community (aside from how many penises you can draw in the background), it's probably not wise to say "a homosexual." You sound like a bible-beating bigot. Which you are. But you don't want people to know that here, see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Madison is like the progenitor of people reinterpreting the constitution to match their personal beliefs, if I remember my history right. He put a ton of effort establishing a stronger federal government than a good chunk of the country wanted, then immediately flipped to arguing that the constitution doesn't give the federal government any real power as soon as he realized the constitution he did so much to establish could be used to ban slavery.

Where did you hear that? I'm not sure if any of the Founding Fathers' principles survived reality completely intact.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I love it when they pretend to care, it's really cool

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

So ISIS is a country now? Also gently caress you.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

Today I learned that the US prints hundred-million-dollar bills.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

How do I make ISIS dollars?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Where did you hear that? I'm not sure if any of the Founding Fathers' principles survived reality completely intact.

Just the impression I got from history books I've read. The southern delegates to the constitutional convention considered the compromise to not talk about slavery to be final, which iirc lasted less than a year in the actual senate.

e: Madison definitely went from being at the forefront of the push to get a stronger federal government than the articles of confederation to being alternately the leader and second-in-command of the party pushing back against federal power. It's less cut and dry whether slavery was the reason though. As speaker of the house, he did his best to stop the issue from being debated, but Benjamin Franklin wrote a letter begging congress to end slavery from his deathbed, and that's not a name you can just ignore.

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jul 7, 2015

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Rorus Raz posted:

All rise for new cartoons...

San Francisco has a serious cannibalism problem.

It wasn't the wolf, or else there would be carcass and not a fully intact sheep that looks like it peeled over after a heart attack.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Rorus Raz posted:

You know what to do, Obama! BURN THEM. BURN THEM ALL.

Are we just going to ignore the fact that James Madison has come back from the dead and is probably a zombie / lich?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Rorus Raz posted:

Also, Americans for Limited Government is always my favorite Branco watermark.

"Oh no, don't burn the part of the constitution that establishes the part of government that creates laws. Legislature is good!" - Americans for Limited Government

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Colosmicon posted:

Today I learned that the US prints hundred-million-dollar bills.

Every ISIS dollar will be worth 100 million US dollars. That is the exchange rate that the Federal Reserve will implement after I kidnap a queen!

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hasters posted:

Well yeah, they're the Islamic State. Surely buying into their narrative wont help them at all. :downs:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
What even is the Obama Immigration policy? Has Obama did anything noticeably different from past administrations?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Oh my god, Trump's demented speech about how some Mexicans are not murderers and rapists is gaining traction.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

In other news, Dylann Stormmm Rooffff murdered 9 in a church; i think european immigration in the past few centuries is to blame

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Xanderkish posted:

What even is the Obama Immigration policy? Has Obama did anything noticeably different from past administrations?

More people have been deported under Obama than during any other presidency in the US

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

Hasters posted:

Pretty sure the cartoon is referring to Saudi Arabia. I don't think the Daesh have donated money to American politics.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

jfc that Madison is probably the most incompetently drawn thing I've ever seen in a Branco. Some grade school doodle caliber poo poo there.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Acid Haze posted:

Pretty sure the cartoon is referring to Saudi Arabia. I don't think the Daesh have donated money to American politics.

Saudis don't defenestrate as an execution method thought. The Islamic state does.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Acid Haze posted:

I thought that too but he was specifically referring to this story about the Daesh:

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-terror/isis-hurls-gay-men-buildings-stones-them-analysts-n305171

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

seiferguy posted:

Are we just going to ignore the fact that James Madison has come back from the dead and is probably a zombie / lich?
Obama's ability to travel through time is well-documented.

Did you REALLY think a white man ended slavery?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Xanderkish posted:

Equal parts still don't have mines and razor wire bordering Mexico and ordinary Pee Pee, Poo Poo

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Xanderkish posted:

Imprisoning undocumented Mexican immigrants in the modern equivalent of WWII Japanese internment camps is new to Obama I think, unless that had already been started while Bush was still in office. Doesn't seem like the sort of thing conservatives would be complaining about though, unless they're saying the immigrants should just be handed over directly to the Zetas upon capture or something like that.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Political Whores posted:

Saudis don't defenestrate as an execution method thought. The Islamic state does.

Yes, but he is also a lazy and racist cartoonist who can't be bother to distinguish between different A-rabs. It's similar to how you see cartoonists represent China as samurai and similar imagery.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

Political Whores posted:

Hasters posted:

I thought that too but he was specifically referring to this story about the Daesh:

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-terror/isis-hurls-gay-men-buildings-stones-them-analysts-n305171

Huh. I guess never underestimate how disingenuous a McCoy brother can be. Cause I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have missed the story about Hilldawg taking Daesh donations :shrug:

Acid Haze fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 7, 2015

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Rorus Raz posted:

AAAAAA AAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GOD drat IT. How is this man a professional? How does he make his god drat living in a visual medium? There is no worse loving artist that is ever posted in this thread than branco. I want to burn my eyes out with chlorine. He is so frustratingly bad. Every time I think I've gotten used to how horrible he is, he pops back up to remind me that I was wrong, and will never get used to seeing his inept loving scribbles. Jesus christ.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Xanderkish posted:

He's importing Mexicans en masse to vote in his Islamofascist supermajority, remember?

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe

Xanderkish posted:

He's black.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Political Whores posted:

And confusing the two would make McCoy a racist idiot. What are the odds of that?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Dr Christmas posted:

Oh my god, Trump's demented speech about how some Mexicans are not murderers and rapists is gaining traction.

Michael Ramirez defended Michele Bachmann during the '12 Campaign. This level of cheerleading and rear end-covering is par for the course.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
In fairness, Saudis fund both Daesh and Hillary Clinton

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Bender posted:

He's black.
While this is always some part of their criticism, I think even Bush got poo poo for trying reform.

Illegal immigrants are just an easy scapegoat for racists.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Redeye Flight posted:

"Molon labe".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molon_labe

It's become the slogan/byword of the GON TAKE MAH GUNZ lunatics.

Are these people under the impression that the Persians didn't come and take all the Spartan weapons? They know all the Spartans died don't they?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Are these people under the impression that the Persians didn't come and take all the Spartan weapons? They know all the Spartans died don't they?

And surrendered later in the war. It was the Athenians who pressed on and won.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Fried Chicken posted:

And surrendered later in the war. It was the Athenians who pressed on and won.

I thought they just wanted to fall back to defending the isthmus of Corinth and abandon Attica--not exactly the boldest of moves, but not surrendering either. Athens of course did defend Attica, and with spectacular results, at least at sea.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Hasters posted:

Unfortunately it appears there's a reason that McCoy is bringing it up now, namely that ISIS threw 4 (allegedly) gay men off a building in Fallujah:
http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/06/30/isis-celebrates-scotus-decision-by-tossing-4-accused-gay-men-off-roof/

quote:

Released on the same day as the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision legalizing homosexual marriage across all 50 states, the video shows ISIS militants pushing several men off a high roof to their deaths.

The official Twitter account of human rights watchdog group Raqqa is Being Slaughtered Silently, using the “Love Wins” hashtag, tweeted that four gay men were pushed to their deaths to “celebrate” the ruling.

The tweet also included photos of the execution, including one particularly graphic photo. Reader discretion is advised. Some reports said that during the execution, ISIS supporters ironically used the “Love Wins” hashtag to mock gay rights advocates in the United States.

This is not the first time ISIS has killed men suspected of being gay in such a way. Back in January, ISIS went on an execution spree, crucifying 17 men, stoning several young women, and flinging allegedly gay men to their deaths from high roofs.

During the January spree, ISIS tweeted pictures of the men falling to their deaths, and the large crowds watching from below. Earlier this month, ISIS executed another allegedly gay man after dangling him by his feet from a great height for a period of time.

Isn't it amazing that Gary McCoy didn't give a poo poo when it happened in December 2014, or January 2015, or March 2015, or early June 2015? It's almost like he's taking a potshot at Hillary using an issue he doesn't actually care about.

Also gently caress ISIL, and anyone who pretends we aren't doing anything to stop them.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jul 8, 2015

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Better version of the one posted earlier

Thank you very much for this.

Also, while that Apollo 11 disaster speech is chilling, it is also a drat good send off. I wish I could have something written that well for me when I kick the bucket.

Serrath
Mar 17, 2005

I have nothing of value to contribute
Ham Wrangler

Political Whores posted:

Is it still called defenestration when no windows are involved? Isn't there a specific term to refer to throwing from a roof?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Xanderkish posted:

Yes, he has not declared an amnesty unlike previous presidents.

• Locked thread