Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Mesadoram posted:

It never fails to amaze me how the Comet always seems to set this thread on fire.

Always.

Unfortunately it doesn't set it on fire twice in one match, even with deadeye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

unlawfulsoup posted:

You guys will love the A45. It is another slow shitheap predicated on the idea that your enemy is dumb enough to sit in front of you.

You underestimate how dumb the NA player base is.

Also got the AMX 50 120, 24 games in 3,400 average WN8 and a 45% WR. It's like people see a good player in an autoloader and they just go afk assuming I'll have enough ammo and HP to carry the entire game.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jul 7, 2015

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

unlawfulsoup posted:

You guys will love the A45. It is another slow shitheap predicated on the idea that your enemy is dumb enough to sit in front of you.
It's kind of a tweaked Centurion Mk.I dropped down a tier. I hear it's okay.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RanKizama posted:

It's kind of a tweaked Centurion Mk.I dropped down a tier. I hear it's okay.

That's what I've been hearing also.

I only want it because it is British and has the mega fabulous "pink" camo.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Mesadoram posted:

That's what I've been hearing also.

I only want it because it is British and has the mega fabulous "pink" camo.
I wouldn't mind having it, but I'm not sure I have the time or dedication to grind out these keys or anything. I'm also not shelling out the money for it when I already have the Excelsior for a trainer and the TOG II for laughs.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RanKizama posted:

I wouldn't mind having it, but I'm not sure I have the time or dedication to grind out these keys or anything. I'm also not shelling out the money for it when I already have the Excelsior for a trainer and the TOG II for laughs.

It is like 10 games a day (with a make up week in case you missed a few here and there) then shell out $15 bucks. Not too bad.

To do the actual grind to get it for free is retarded and reserved for people who are bed ridden or locked in their rooms.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

BadLlama posted:

You underestimate how dumb the NA player base is.

Pubbies are dumb, but the majority do not like getting shot repeatedly. Not to mention good luck when you come across a skilled player in a T29, IS2, or medium who will eat that BP alive.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

the black prince is objectively a good tank that is subjectively one of the worst tanks to play

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Mesadoram posted:

It is like 10 games a day (with a make up week in case you missed a few here and there) then shell out $15 bucks. Not too bad.
Yeah but... :effort:

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Atomizer posted:

Yo, my little bro's account got renamed, and I need you guys to help us come up with a kewl, new, kickin-rad' name! (that won't also be instantly renameable)

hold up hold up hold up - HomoErectus got renamed? Shameful.

- TheGrayAgenda
- MiscarriageEquality
- Nuttload_Buttz
- BoyBatterUp
- BykeDyke
- Sexfarm_Hoedown
- Hairy_Fairy
- Seaman_Sample (maybe for WOWS)
- Turdcutter
- BULLPEN15
- Felcher
- Breeding_Rainbow
- xX_SEQUIN_CITY_Xx
- Childlike_Empress
- Brolita

& etc.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
loving lol

EDIT: Holy poo poo, it's already taken. That was fast. And here I was gonna make a secondary account and join SHOJO with it.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jul 7, 2015

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
I'm actually thinking about sexfarm_hoedown now.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

I'm actually thinking about sexfarm_hoedown now.
I can actually see that one getting banned as well. WG seems to be getting pretty picky here lately.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

Desuwa posted:

The comet is one of the high points of the line. The only low points in the line is the covenanter, which cannot handle tier 6 tanks, and the 4202 which is the lowest pen t10, by a significant margin, due to the lack of a heat round and can't pen things other t10s can.

To be fair, the Covenanter is weak against T6s but utterly murders T4-5. Also the 4202 is still a solid tank despite being objectively the weakest T10 medium, and I enjoy playing mine. If you can aim there is no need for HEAT. The APCR will pen E100 turret faces, you just need to aim carefully and time your shots well - about the only thing you can't deal with are hulldown E3s or ST-Is. Its biggest problem is actually nothing to do with the gun - it's the weak turret armour. Hull is nice, though; the glacis angle causes all kinds of stupid bounces.

The Comet is objectively one of the better T7 tanks and is at least as good as the T20, which has been generally regarded to be the best T7 medium since the dawn of time.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
At least we can all agree that the A-44 is the undisputed king of T7 mediums.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Subyng posted:

It proves that suffering is good for you.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Control Volume posted:

think about it, it trades the t20s excellent mobility for armor that's unreliable even against tier 6s, gun handling that's not appreciably better, 20mm more penetration that doesn't mean much even though the t20 can go through anything it sees with gold rounds, and the only quantifiably good improvement is the DPM which isn't that great compared to other tier 8 mediums.

yeah but it's a beautiful tank and lol if you play tanks due to actual performance and not aesthethics.

the Chi-RI counts as good too because it's so horrendous it loops back into being gorgeous.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

unlawfulsoup posted:

People like the Black Prince?

I despised the thing so much I sold it the first time through and vowed to free XP the Caernarvon. I was running a 38% WR in it and could not seem to do anything right, even in platoons. I bought it back several months later and mostly solopubbed it, then got matches where entire teams of T9s failed to pen me and I ran roughshod over tanks that should have had no problem dunking my big stupid tank.

By the time I was done with the grind, I was actually sad to see it go (well, I kept it of course, but I don't really play it now). People are not lying when they say this thing has some kind of hidden luck stat. You just need to have a little faith.

Mans posted:

yeah but it's a beautiful tank and lol if you play tanks due to actual performance and not aesthethics.

the Chi-RI counts as good too because it's so horrendous it loops back into being gorgeous.

:agreed:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Subyng posted:

Why do people keep misspelling KV-13?

Oh and re: WoT players named after WWII people: Our clan has a Guderian.
Not only is he not a Wehraboo at all, but also a very cool and decent guy as well as a pretty good tanks player. He just had a lapse in judgement combined with :effort: when he created his account and doesn't care enough to change it.
We all just call him Gudie.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour

Control Volume posted:

the black prince is also just as bad as the churchill VII. it has a mediocre gun, the same top speed, armor that's still full of weakpoints, and all it gets is gun handling

*secret winrate +10% modifier

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Subyng posted:

Thank christ for the 5x weekend. It got me a shitton closer to getting out of that loving heap. But I forgot to play my Challenger, so I am still suffering :negative:

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

rossmum posted:

I despised the thing so much I sold it the first time through and vowed to free XP the Caernarvon. I was running a 38% WR in it and could not seem to do anything right, even in platoons. I bought it back several months later and mostly solopubbed it, then got matches where entire teams of T9s failed to pen me and I ran roughshod over tanks that should have had no problem dunking my big stupid tank.

By the time I was done with the grind, I was actually sad to see it go (well, I kept it of course, but I don't really play it now). People are not lying when they say this thing has some kind of hidden luck stat. You just need to have a little faith.

I did fine in mine, I still think it is a total pile of garbage. The only people I find who like them tend to be anglophiles who would love a cardboard box if it had the union jack on it. DPM heavies are in themselves usually crummy, even more so slow ones. The Black Prince works if the enemy is stupid enough to stay in front of you taking hits, and also you better pack gold for anything resembling armor. The other Tier 7 heavies are far superior and don't feel like a lovely Super Pershing.

The whole Brit heavy line is a hodgepodge of weird and fairly uninspiring tanks. The only redeeming bit is that the 215b is an excellent tank and is generally worth grinding to.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Well excuse me mister, I like big dumb tanks because I consider it a challenge.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

rossmum posted:

Well excuse me mister, I like big dumb tanks because I consider it a challenge.

Playing a T95 is a challenge but it doesn't mean it isn't garbage. :colbert:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I like the British heavy tanks because they are in no way awful at all :colbert: (Except the Churchill VII)

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

the only reason the churchill i isn't the most overpowered tank at tier 5 is because the churchill iii gets pref matchmaking

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Control Volume posted:

the only reason the churchill i isn't the most overpowered tank at tier 5 is because the churchill iii gets pref matchmaking

KV-220 and T14 are as good as Churchill III.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

unlawfulsoup posted:

The 220 maybe. The T14, not even close.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

unlawfulsoup posted:

the t14 has a hard time penetrating a churchill iii even with gold

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Control Volume posted:

the t14 has a hard time penetrating a churchill iii even with gold

Plenty of holes in Churchill III armor.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

WayAbvPar posted:

Thank christ for the 5x weekend. It got me a shitton closer to getting out of that loving heap. But I forgot to play my Challenger, so I am still suffering :negative:

The Challenger is one of the two tanks that I free-XP'd completely through, the other being the Sturer Emil.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Ensign Expendable posted:

the other being the Sturer Emil.

I think the Sturer Emil is so awful because the RHM has to be the easiest tier 8 I have ever had. It is quite literally, purchase tank put crew in it and the default load out wrecks poo poo.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

unlawfulsoup posted:

Plenty of holes in Churchill III armor.

plenty of holes in ur t14, after my churchill iii is done with it, fucker

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Control Volume posted:

plenty of holes in ur t14, after my churchill iii is done with it, fucker

I am not a huge T14 booster, but it is almost as effective as churchill III at smashing pubbies.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
The t14, excelsior, and 220 are all better than the church 3 because all of them have better armour, which helps you deal with the unpredictability of low tier matches, and two of them are significantly faster. The 220 isn't faster but gets the best hull and a turret that's at least better than the Churchill's.

Churchill 3 has a higher modifier though, and a platoon of three of them does scale better than the other options. Still my last pick for t5 pref heavy or Russian pref heavy.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Any tier 5 pref heavy will beat any enemy pubbie. The KV-220 is better at killing a massive number of lovely pubbies due to being immortal, the T14 and Excelsior less so but still fine when outnumbered, and the Churchill 3 just can't kill pubbies fast enough to guard its weaknesses when facing three or more enemies at once.

The Churchill 3 excels at killing the gently caress out of seal clubbers in KV-1s. Load gold kill them in 25 seconds and move on to killing more poo poo enemy pubbies. The T14 and KV-220 struggle against competent KV-1s due to bad pen/accuracy. The Excelsior's great gold round is very helpful, and probably makes it the better middle ground of being able to handle enemy KV-1s while also being great against terrible enemy pubs. The KV-220 though is just so insane against the hordes due to, again, being immortal that if you just want to win, play the KV-220.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Desuwa posted:

The t14, excelsior, and 220 are all better than the church 3 because all of them have better armour, which helps you deal with the unpredictability of low tier matches, and two of them are significantly faster. The 220 isn't faster but gets the best hull and a turret that's at least better than the Churchill's.

Churchill 3 has a higher modifier though, and a platoon of three of them does scale better than the other options. Still my last pick for t5 pref heavy or Russian pref heavy.

The T14 has armor?

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Mans posted:

The T14 has armor?

Its front is equivalent to the excelsior's, save the machine gun, and the turret front with the mantlet is too. It had much better side armour and can angle at 45 degrees or sidescrape.

If I'm just facerolling a bunch of lower tiers I'd rather be in the t14, and against single t5 or t6 tanks, or on a corner, it tends to be better too.

Squiddite
Apr 15, 2001
Loligo vos omnes odet.
So I got this weird scammer-grammar email this afternoon about winning an event I never signed up for in a tank I couldn't recall playing recently:

quote:

Congratulations

Hey Tanker!

First of all we want to thank you for having participated in the Copa World of Tanks event and want to congratulate you on finishing in the Top 100 players of the winning tank (The Cromwell). As one of the top 100 players here is your prizing of 7 days of Premium Time!

Thank you and we hope to see you in the next event!
Surprisingly it looks like it's legit and although I haven't the slightest clue what the point was supposed to have been among all that bad formatting and untranslated text, it sounds like a rehash of those best-single-game-in-tank contests they ran a year ago.

They don't list any specifics but near as I can figure they're probably talking about this game, where I was lazily training a fresh (lightbulbless, camoless) crew during some double crew xp weekend and the enemy team allowed me to basically just hold down my left mouse button and set four of them on fire while not having the Incinerator mission queued:

It's just a shame that the next tank up the line is such garbage, y'know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

today i learned that the panther still aint great, and that swamp is a really lovely map