Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
The movies were a lot of martial arts and not a lot of beam struggle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

tsob posted:

What need has a perfect being of off-spring? If he was perfect he would be eternal and impossible to improve, so children would be redundant.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

the hero of universe 6 will be strong and female

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

tbp posted:

The movies were a lot of martial arts and not a lot of beam struggle

The World's Strongest is the best of the films. Roshi, Krillin and Goku all doing a Kamehameha to a giant robot with a brain in it was incredible. I also really enjoyed the Dead Zone special too.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm still waiting for TFS to do World's Strongest.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

waiting for goku and piccolo drive cars sequel still

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

waiting to die

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Arale could defeat everyone in Super except maybe Whis and Girl-Whis.

Just saiyan.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I think things like recent games having female options (along with stuff like Kais and Frost Demons) gives me a little hope that we'll see some lady fighters somewhere this season. Probably not ones we already know (except maybe Pan), though.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
I like the idea of lady fighters, so I'm making two of the example characters in my RPG ladies. Tato the Saiyan and Android 22.

Honestly the only real drawback about lady fighters is that they can't get the same power-up that Goku gets for losing his shirt, at least not without taking the show past a PG rating.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Don't forget, we already know about Lady-Whis, who's likely the most powerful fighter in her universe, like Whis is in his.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Fuego Fish posted:

I like the idea of lady fighters, so I'm making two of the example characters in my RPG ladies. Tato the Saiyan and Android 22.

Honestly the only real drawback about lady fighters is that they can't get the same power-up that Goku gets for losing his shirt, at least not without taking the show past a PG rating.

Boob bandages. They lose their shirt the viewership ratings increase by 100000000%.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Fuego Fish posted:

Take off cool jacket and go to T-shirt

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Jimbot posted:

Boob bandages. They lose their shirt the viewership ratings increase by 100000000%.

Don't, you'll get Dark_Titzanime to show up in this thread, all sweaty and out of breath.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Fuego Fish posted:

Don't, you'll get Dark_Titzanime to show up in this thread, all sweaty and out of breath.

Let's keep the PS Vita thread out of the cool punchman show thread, thanks :colbert:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Fuego Fish posted:

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

I need my muscle man show to have the characters be women

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Fuego Fish posted:

why did goku stop losing his shirt in fights. no homo or anything but it gets progressively less shirtless as the arcs go on. vs vegeta its off like asap iirc, freeza he keeps the blue t shirt on for a long time which actually looks fairly sick but then ends looking like this:

which is just epic as hell.......then cell and afterwards its all gi all the time again no homo haha im definitely not gay.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
This won't happen but I want Beerus to be voiced by the guy who does the voice of the Robot Devil from futurama. With the same tone and inflection.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Philosopher King posted:

This won't happen but I want Beerus to be voiced by the guy who does the voice of the Robot Devil from futurama. With the same tone and inflection.

But he already has a voice actor

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Philosopher King posted:

That's Homer!

Ahhh! A Ghost!

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

tbp posted:

why did goku stop losing his shirt in fights. no homo or anything but it gets progressively less shirtless as the arcs go on. vs vegeta its off like asap iirc, freeza he keeps the blue t shirt on for a long time which actually looks fairly sick but then ends looking like this:

which is just epic as hell.......then cell and afterwards its all gi all the time again no homo haha im definitely not gay.

Well he does lose the gi vs Buu at the end

but otherwise, agreed

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Philosopher King posted:

I watched the English dub of Battle of the Gods a few months ago and IIRC Beerus actually did sound quite a lot like the Robot Devil to me, although it obviously wasn't the same voice.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Fat Beerus should be voiced by Dom Deluise

Dig up his corpse

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Philosopher King posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87BuPWfUgQ

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I am the tity advocate of the anime forum

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

tbp posted:

This made me realize we never really see Vegeta shirtless outside of a couple scenes. I googled, "vegeta shirtless," and the results were as expected.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

tbp posted:

In the very first arc of DB he ends up completely naked because of his transformation so you're on to something.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
https://vid.me/qgl3

Clip from Resurrection F with English dub.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
weighted clothing is the best

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Frieza soldiers zerging the Z team still doesn't seem actually dangerous since guys like Gohan and Piccolo should be all but completely impervious to any damage those goons can do

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Zzulu posted:

Frieza soldiers zerging the Z team still doesn't seem actually dangerous since guys like Gohan and Piccolo should be all but completely impervious to any damage those goons can do

They're probably just humouring them

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gohan's streak goes unbroken, he was genuinely in trouble because the jobber knows no bounds.

Piccolo continues to be the best.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Namtab posted:

I am the tity advocate of the anime forum

I would reccomend them as well.

Also I'm starting to suspect dragon ball super exists solely because toryiama needed a way to unfuck the plotholes.

Or probably because Oda complained about them to him.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Finally saw the first episode of the new series and I don't like how much smaller Tien looks. :colbert: If anything he should be even MORE swole. :mad:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Jiro posted:

Finally saw the first episode of the new series and I don't like how much smaller Tien looks. :colbert: If anything he should be even MORE swole. :mad:

God Goku is more powerful than regular Goku and skinnier too.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Jiro posted:

the doctor says not to let his shoulders get any bigger

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Tien should be black imo

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Zzulu posted:

Tien should be black imo

this dude is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Webbeh posted:

https://vid.me/qgl3

Clip from Resurrection F with English dub.

Gohan looks like a dork!!!!

• Locked thread