Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm glad. I'm glad about the graboids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Apparently LordKat is really angry at Kyle over something involving eggnog? :psyduck:

The Vosgian Beast fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jul 7, 2015

emeriin
Feb 1, 2015
Peeked into LK's twitter for any sort of context and the first tweet I saw was "we think he was raped by a bottle of eggnog". Man is such a charmer honestly.

KKall
Oct 15, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Apparently LordKat is really angry at Kyle over something involving eggnog? :psyduck:

I use GGautoblock. I use GGautoblock because having a twitter feed free of them makes my life much smoother.

Jason and a good portion of his fans are, unsurprisingly, on the GGautoblock list.

He's mad that I blocked him, basically. And him being him, he whipped up his audience into a "Kyle is a Dick" party.

So I block more people showing up in my feed, and the circle of life continues.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
Good man.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I assumed it would be something like that.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Twitter seems like a dumb thing.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
LordKat is such a scumbag. How immature can a single person possibly be?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Jack Gladney posted:

It's good if you want to get in touch with people (who use twitter) in a public but quick capacity.

It's bad for most everything else.

WickedHate posted:

LordKat is such a scumbag.

I don't know, maybe in a century we'll look at this differently.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Jack Gladney posted:

I kinda agree. I mean, i see the use for companies and public people to get short message to an audience without all the bloat other social media brings, but for private people, it's basically a Facebook feed.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Apparently LordKat is really angry

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
LordKat has fans? What are they, literal Morlocks?

emeriin
Feb 1, 2015
I will always love that they call themselves a 'mafia'. It's hilarious.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

KKall posted:

I use GGautoblock. I use GGautoblock because having a twitter feed free of them makes my life much smoother.

Jason and a good portion of his fans are, unsurprisingly, on the GGautoblock list.

He's mad that I blocked him, basically. And him being him, he whipped up his audience into a "Kyle is a Dick" party.

I probably shouldn't be surprised a dude who's "I hope this person I don't like kills himself with this very specific weapon he knows exactly where to find" levels of hosed in the head is a Gator. The quick trip I just made to Google confirms it too. Not gonna lie though, there is a bit of irony in Kat supporting GG, and the two commentators he singled out as being cartoonishly immature and unprofessional don't.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
I am starting to think spoony yelling at E3 was the best thing to happened since it give lordkat less power. I mean it already bad someone like TB is a gator, I couldn't imaged that fat piece of poo poo being on the level of other big name youtube gamer types.he really is the Shane Douglass of internet reviewers, did one cool thing years ago and still trying to ride off of it and blames his failings on other people.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 7, 2015

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I think the newest Half in the Bag is one of the best ones they have done.

I would watch a Terminator set in the wild west

There's gotta be a Terminator horse too

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Lessail posted:

I would watch a Terminator set in the wild west

There's gotta be a Terminator horse too

Horse is the T1000

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

KKall posted:

And him being him, he whipped up his audience into a "Kyle is a Dick" party.

Blah. I recently read a theory on Liana K's feed-- like buttons make online discourse worse, because people who like something will hit that button, while people who hate it, lacking a button, will leave a comment/send a tweet/etc. The overall effect is that the visible comments concentrate the hate.

So I'll try to balance things out by saying: both my wife and I like your videos, Kyle. They're great. And we recently got her father hooked on them by showing him all the Shakespeare Month/Summer videos. His favorite show is Slings & Arrows-- so that should give you an idea to the level of enjoyment he got from your series. =)

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Hey, y'all wanna hear something funny?

Sometime around 2009, LordKat had just started his "Until We Win" series and hadn't even been picked up by TGWTG. His main exposure was on The Spoony Experiment forums, which I frequented at the time. One day, I talked about how I was a fan of Retsupurae, and he went on a tirade about the injustice of two people who didn't know how hard it is to make videos relentlessly harassing others online.
How's that pound cake taste, motherfucker?

KKall
Oct 15, 2012

lornekates posted:

Blah. I recently read a theory on Liana K's feed-- like buttons make online discourse worse, because people who like something will hit that button, while people who hate it, lacking a button, will leave a comment/send a tweet/etc. The overall effect is that the visible comments concentrate the hate.

So I'll try to balance things out by saying: both my wife and I like your videos, Kyle. They're great. And we recently got her father hooked on them by showing him all the Shakespeare Month/Summer videos. His favorite show is Slings & Arrows-- so that should give you an idea to the level of enjoyment he got from your series. =)

Awwwwww! Thanks :)

I am a dick, though. How dare I choose to not suffer fools? I mean really?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
SA doesn't support HTML embeds OR WebMs. You might wanna clean that up.

efb

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

KKall posted:

I was confused at first as to what a GGautoblock is.

When I figured it out, I chortled.

Keep up the good work, Kyle. Love your stuff.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Cyron posted:

I am starting to think spoony yelling at E3 was the best thing to happened since it give lordkat less power. I mean it already bad someone like TB is a gator, I couldn't imaged that fat piece of poo poo being on the level of other big name youtube gamer types.he really is the Shane Douglass of internet reviewers, did one cool thing years ago and still trying to ride off of it and blames his failings on other people.

If it makes you feel better TB ironically being all for free speech and unveiling the conspiracy and all for transparency doesn't even enable comments on his channel. "Free speech" my rear end you hypocritical dipshit. Don't act superior when you can't even handle the coattails of a 'movement' you're clearly influencing.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

KKall posted:

Another guy was pissed at you too, I think it was Guru Larry man this thing is hosed, I'm just glad that GGautoblock exists to help people deal with these jagoffs

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Annointed posted:

If it makes you feel better TB ironically being all for free speech and unveiling the conspiracy and all for transparency doesn't even enable comments on his channel. "Free speech" my rear end you hypocritical dipshit. Don't act superior when you can't even handle the coattails of a 'movement' you're clearly influencing.

I know I will look bad for sticking up with him but he always had some weird anxiety with comments dating back when he was exclusively doing videos on wow, so he most likely shut it off for that, but now when he is trying to fight for free speech and under covering the venom of feminist he comes off like a prick.

KKall
Oct 15, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Another guy was pissed at you too, I think it was Guru Larry man this thing is hosed, I'm just glad that GGautoblock exists to help people deal with these jagoffs

Oh, I know. Larry's been sending me messages on Facebook and Youtube and, god, probably Tumblr next. All demanding that we talk it out and have a "civil discussion" about why I blocked him even though we had never spoken to each other before and only interacted through him calling me various things on his public forums. I believe "Sea Lioning" is the term for this.

Basically he's been making a very good case for why he should stay blocked.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Cyron posted:

I know I will look bad for sticking up with him but he always had some weird anxiety with comments dating back when he was exclusively doing videos on wow, so he most likely shut it off for that, but now when he is trying to fight for free speech and under covering the venom of feminist he comes off like a prick.

I know where you're coming from. But the thing is he did it a while after tossing his hat in the ring.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Annointed posted:

I know where you're coming from. But the thing is he did it a while after tossing his hat in the ring.

then as I said at the end of my post he is a prick.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Cyron posted:

He claims he disabled youtube comments simply because he does not like the google+ integrated system. He moved over to reddit exclusively to discuss his videos, but also has quit there due to his social anxiety. He basically has admitted he can't take any criticism and claims it causes him stress to the point it might be adding to his health issues.

He's still a prick.

EDIT: \/ use a twitter script that automatically blocks known GamerGate-affiliate accounts.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So what did Kyle do that has them all in a fuss?

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Mokinokaro posted:

He claims he disabled youtube comments simply because he does not like the google+ integrated system. He moved over to reddit exclusively to discuss his videos, but also has quit there due to his social anxiety. He basically has admitted he can't take any criticism and claims it causes him stress to the point it might be adding to his health issues.

He's still a prick.

EDIT: \/ use a twitter script that automatically blocks known GamerGate-affiliate accounts.

Ya, he seem to never taken criticism well at all. and even when I said he had this back in wow days he opinion back then boil down to "casuals are killing the game". so he was a prick in 2009 and still is in 2015.

Honestly I can post a ton about TB days making videos for wow since it just gold on how mush he was a dick or anyone who wanted to play the game without treating it like a part time job. he even started call people who stacked up for casuals "bleeding hearts".

hell just find that post he made on this forum where he made a post where the goons had a field day trolling.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jul 8, 2015

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Arcsquad12 posted:

So what did Kyle do that has them all in a fuss?

I can't remember if you're a troll account or not, so I'll risk a feeding: loving seriously? Unless that was just some poor word choices, victim blaming? Really? Really really for sure really?

KKall
Oct 15, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

Here's a link: https://blocktogether.org/show-blocks/5867111278318bd542293272f75147f8fc5931bea431e7ca16e9242964965d66494a6fb68f3518b82f171bcf0e419ccc

You can all feel free to use it if you want your Twitter feed to be a bit safer. It's done wonders for me.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

lornekates posted:

I can't remember if you're a troll account or not, so I'll risk a feeding: loving seriously? Unless that was just some poor word choices, victim blaming? Really? Really really for sure really?

today I learned that wanting to know why something happened = victim blaming

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

DStecks posted:

today I learned that wanting to know why something happened = victim blaming

Like I said, unless it was a poor choice of words, it is victim blaming.
"Someone innocent just got attacked"
"Really, what did they do to provoke the attack?"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

lornekates posted:

I missed the loving conversation dipshit. How is asking what the hell is going on victim blaming?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Arcsquad12 posted:

I missed the loving conversation dipshit. How is asking what the hell is going on victim blaming?

Please read the thread. It was already explained.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Please read the thread. It was already explained.

Well that's certainly a better answer than "YOU ASKED A QUESTION WITH POOR WORDS YOU VICTIM BLAMING gently caress". Thank you.

Superb Owls
Nov 3, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

KKall posted:

Oh, I know. Larry's been sending me messages on Facebook and Youtube and, god, probably Tumblr next. All demanding that we talk it out and have a "civil discussion" about why I blocked him even though we had never spoken to each other before and only interacted through him calling me various things on his public forums. I believe "Sea Lioning" is the term for this.

Basically he's been making a very good case for why he should stay blocked.

Wait, Guru Larry? Holy poo poo that's a name I haven't heard of in a long time now. I remember watching him and Wez on XLeague (Which to non-Brits, is like G4 if its entire history was compressed into almost two years) when I was 12 - 13 and enjoying the stuff those two made (Retro Corner, Top Tens, Reviewmageddon. Think the first two are on Blistered Thumbs).

What the hell happened to Larry these past several years? And where's Wez?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

lornekates posted:

That is not even slightly what those words mean. You are being absurdly overly sensitive.

• Locked thread