Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
Leveling really slows down once you hit 55, used to be a level a day, now it's every 2 days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Just wait. It gets worse.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'm at 79. It's 20k experience to get to 80, which is probably gonna take me a few weeks at least. I haven't done the math.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

If you missed the day's treasure thing, make sure to:

1. Click on every one and collect.

2. Hit the training dummies for free coins until you can't any more.

e:

DarciisFyer posted:

There's a new button to max your new hero's skill from 1 to max,

Where?

e2: All of my runes are in the 12-16 range on everyone because I've been afraid of overcommitting and wasting resources. Here's my L70+, P+2s:

Amazon
Nereida
Pyrona
Elder Dwarf (he'll be P+3 in a day or so)
Djinni
Berserker Claw
Grimbow
Night Sentinel
Rose Knight (he's not too much exp away from P+2)

I've got pretty much all of the farmable heroes except Hecate and Lunar Priestess, and I'm 40-some pieces into Dark Paladin. I guess now faced with wanting to field 3 full teams, I'm even more loving indecisive over what to do with my rune resources. Where do you guys like to prioritize your rune upgrades?

As for the heroes themselves, faced with the realization of massive 50-piece grinds, I was thinking of just taking them all to 75 and leaving them there until I get the piece to upgrade, and instead using my exp/slots to level up another 6 heroes.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jul 7, 2015

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009

Raise a skill twice or thrice and a new button pops up next to it.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

DarciisFyer posted:

Raise a skill twice or thrice and a new button pops up next to it.

Neat, thanks.

Also there's a new chest in the angel tower which had better rewards in it.

SPending 50 gems to open it a second time was standard rewards.

e: There is no quest for Flora soulstones, guess I gotta wait til tomorrow.:v:

e2: Lumia could be VERY GOOD. Her heal is going to be less valuable than Djinni (max 4 targets if you run 3 front + her in back), but if her second ability reads the way I think it does, she can stun TWO targets.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jul 8, 2015

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
:siren: arena rank rewards are based off of whichever you're higher in now :siren:

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
So now that we are up to 38 members I closed off the auto accept. We do have 3 people at 4 days offline. Hopefully this patch will bring back some people who might have quit for the time being.

I will be going for Lumia myself, she seems like a good replacement for mermaid.

And for rune pieces I've started going for one hero at a time. Nereida's runes are maxed out and I am working on maxing night sentinel next.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I max out my tanks runes first

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I max out my tanks runes first

This is what I was thinking of doing. Bumping Elder Dwarf to P+3 tomorrow and fully maxing out all of his runes (except maybe agi). He's pretty drat invaluable.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

padijun posted:

Does the new level 75 angel in the trial have the standard +6/30 stat/HP gain the rest of the oranges have?

e: Not a single disconnect today either.

7 attack
35 hp
7 defense
7 agility
3.5 crit
3.5 dodge

goes in the 'female defense' category under the new bonus thing.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jul 8, 2015

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

Tsurupettan posted:

This is what I was thinking of doing. Bumping Elder Dwarf to P+3 tomorrow and fully maxing out all of his runes (except maybe agi). He's pretty drat invaluable.

I may be wrong about this, but I like to get them ready to get their next gear level then go after their stars, is that wrong? I have my top 9 guys all with 5 pieces and have pre-built the weapon they need for next level before I can equip it

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I don't understand what you mean. You should be doing gear and stars at the same time.

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

Coolspaz posted:

I may be wrong about this, but I like to get them ready to get their next gear level then go after their stars, is that wrong? I have my top 9 guys all with 5 pieces and have pre-built the weapon they need for next level before I can equip it

Once you're in purple, star level is a much bigger boost in power.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
aside from coupons and grinding elite's there's no other way to get soulshards for most heroes right

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Coolspaz posted:

aside from coupons and grinding elite's there's no other way to get soulshards for most heroes right

Quests, daily events, card draws, raid chests. You should be working on at least one hero from each of the guild and arena shops too.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
What's everyone's take on Soul Slinger, he seems like he could be really good with the non-heal ult, but is other damage seems kinda lacking

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Coolspaz posted:

What's everyone's take on Soul Slinger, he seems like he could be really good with the non-heal ult, but is other damage seems kinda lacking

The three guild shop heroes are, on the whole, pretty good. The only must have is Elder Dwarf: he is one of the best tanks in the game--perhaps the best when considering the relative difficulty of getting and improving Dark Paladin and Zwihander.

That said, you will likely end up with plenty of guild bucks, enough to but 10 shards a day, on average. Soul Slinger is very worth getting and developing. His rage drain makes some levels much easier and his rage attack is handy too. Once enpurpled, he recharges rage quickly as well. Slinger is very helpful against magic immune opponents or level bosses whose rage attacks do too much damage to absorb easily. He does lack CC, however, and seems to die quickly.

tl;dr: Soul Slinger is not a "premium" back line mage, but he is a welcome and easy to develop utility hero and worth having for the now important second or third team.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Coolspaz posted:

He strips rage and hits like a truck. He's best used across from a tank like Nether Knight, but he'll do a number on most front liners. I'm really impressed with mine at purple. He sort of swaps out with Grimbow depending on if the front or back line of a team worries me.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

The tickets to unlock your emblem slots are not always in the treasure hunt shop. I am making an effort to buy them every time I see them as a result, as long as I need to open slots.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I got less than 80 of the new arena things over the course of the night. Now I am paranoid and I am just going to leave bluestacks running in the background all day.

e: Feast at NOON btw

e2: Feast is up as of now, sorry for delay. Was outside.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 9, 2015

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Let's talk Emblems! What emblems are you turning your attention toward, and why?

I am focusing on the 3 class offense emblems (Rage/Staff/Arrow) and the warrior defense (Shield), though I will fully unlock anything that I have all of the heroes to fill out, even if I don't necessarily upgrade it for a while.

I don't particularly like the gender-specific ones, because three of the four have angels and heroes that are just not readily available.

I also strongly suggest that you snap up the emblem tickets every time you see them on the vendor. You need 37 to fully unlock a five-slot emblem; the first slot is 12 and the second is 25. These show up in either 5s or 10s and each ticket is worth 100 coins.

Realistically speaking though, some of them are NEVER going to be fully accessible unless you're a turbo whale. Look at the two Male-specific ones. Yeah, uh, no. :geno: The six class-specific ones are all made up of commonly available angels & heroes. When I say commonly available I mean they are farmable from a map or come out of a vendor. The female defense one is also 5/6ths common, with Mirabelle being the only special one there.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

I really want to develop the warrior shield, but up to this point I have yet to put effort into the heroes that slot into it. In my limited experience the only back row attacking heroes people develop are Amazon and Astral Child, and even then only the former is near ubiquitous. Basically, a mega tanky front row + perhaps Grimbow and Nerida (sp?) seem like a recipe for success.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
I've found a new appreciation for nether knight, he's at purple +1 now and is drat near impossible to kill

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
For the emblems does it matter what level the heroes are for the bonus or just that you own them?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Tony Homo posted:

For the emblems does it matter what level the heroes are for the bonus or just that you own them?

Their total BR (and an extra bonus for runes) is what matters.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Working on a new OP because I'm an idiot sucker. This is a WIP, I'm going to fill it in over the next 2-3 days and get pictures and poo poo. I'll probably reformat it a few times because it's REALLY loving dry right now.

What's the game like?

If you've been around the block with mobile gaming, it's Heroes Charge meets Pocket Knights. But with less bullshit, more user friendly, and the IAP barriers are a little different. If you're not familiar with those games, you assemble a team of heroes and one leader ('angel') to tackle other player's teams, pve content, etc.

How do I play with goons?

First and foremost, make an account, or tie it to your twitter, or SOMETHING. Don't play as a guest. You are inviting major risks by doing so. Please, do yourself a favor and create an account. It also lets you easily log in from other devices. By the way, this game is fully functional on BlueStacks!

Goons are on the Blue Witch server (S11). Our guild is GoonSquad and there is usually space in it. You can join the guild starting at level 22. We may have a restriction up, but :justpost: so we can lower it and get you in.

How do units work?

Every unit has a level and skills. Some skills are passive and automatically activate, some are just raw stat boosts. Everyone has an active from tapping on the hero once the rage bar fills (1000 rage).

Each unit can equip items, which add their stats to the hero. Upon filling out the six items, you can advance them to the next tier. Advancing a hero does a few things: It rolls the existing bonuses into them and allows you to get new items, and it may unlock new skills (at green/blue/purple).

In addition to the items/color tiers, there are star ratings. You earn these by gathering more hero pieces. It's 10/20/40/80/120 pieces. Some heroes start at higher star ratings, but the total number of pieces is still the same. If you see a 70 piece hero, they start at 3 stars. More stars is a huge stat increase. When a hero is maxed, you'll have other uses for the pieces later.

Finally, there are runes. Runes unlock at 40, and you fuel them with Rune Crystals or gear (never feed purple gear away). These are flat stat bonuses that cost increasingly more as you raise the level of them.

What heroes/angels are good?

This is a big question, and answering it now will save you a lot of heartache and time. First up, a bunch of your starters are good, so I will briefly cover them.

Starting/Early Heroes

Pyrona is great and you will use her throughout the game. She brings a strong CC and a huge nuke on her rage. Rose Knight is beefy (albeit light on damage), and Nether Knight is tough too. Berserker Claw, which you will earn for free after playing for a few days, is a long-term keeper. He's also a CC/Nuke type hero. You will likely get Mermaid early on; she is an alright healer.

Farming Heroes

This game is pretty non-IAP friendly in that you can get a poo poo ton of variety in heroes. There are lots of options to pick up excellent heroes (or if you just want to be OCD and fill out a roster). I'm going to talk a bit about each option and lay out an early game hero goal for each one.

Elite Adventure: You'll average about a piece a day (sometimes two) from each stage here. You unlock the stages via Normal Adventure and then clearing them here. A bunch of the starting heroes listed above are available here. You should also watch out for: Nereida, Amazon Hunter, Hecate and Lunar Priestess. The latter two are much later game, however. I think it's worth unlocking everyone you can from here, even if you aren't going to continue raising them for the time being.

Arena: Jump as far up in ranks as you can, you get more rewards per day for a higher rank. Ideally you situate yourself to get decent daily rewards while getting 5 victories a day. Picking a hero from here is hard, actually. All four of them are great. Djinni is a common first pick because she'll let you push through Angel Tower with ease. Grimbow has a great nuke+dot and a back row nuke, and Night Sentinel is a massive single target nuker. Zweihander is probably the lowest priority, as other good tanks are available.

Ancient Arena: High-level stuff. Need more words on the two heroes available.

Guild Shop: Earn points from the Wharf. Buy Dwarf and max him out first, no questions asked. He's one of the best tanks in the game. Soul Slinger and Astral Child are good too, but Dwarf is just incredibly powerful.

Angel Trial: Now we're getting into angels. These are big stat sticks with a powerful active attached to them. You unlock and upgrade them via the Angel Trial. [Insert general Angel Trial clearing advice.]

At the start of the game, you have Vienna. She is terrible. If you slap on a monthly card, you'll get Lunaria. She's better, and she'll last you to 40. Consider bumping her up to 2*, but not past that. Angels are broken down into tiers that unlock at higher ranks. Here's a suggested guideline for angels:

Level 40, pick up Nyssa. Take her up to 2-3*.
Level 55, pick up Amora or Alecta. 3-4* and stop.
Level 70, Athena is the usual choice. You'll max her out. Once you get into the mid-60s, start saving up exp potions, gold and angel points. Boosting her right to 70 is a massive sink but well worth it.

Other Activities

wharf, gold trial, hero trial, treasure raid

Daily Events

-Daily events like monday is double normal drops, tuesday is double elite, etc.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Can I get back into the guild? I probably got kicked for inactivity because I stopped logging in for a couple days when the connection issues were really bad

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

gwrtheyrn posted:

Can I get back into the guild? I probably got kicked for inactivity because I stopped logging in for a couple days when the connection issues were really bad

yeah just apply or let me know if you need the requirement dropped.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
They added this "Outlet" shop where you get 1000 tickets a day, and can only use them in that shop. It's only here until the 13th. Seems like it has a big pool of things that can show up (hello Nereida and Athena stones), and you get 10 free refreshes (each day?).

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jul 10, 2015

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
not super impressed with what they offer but it's free stuff I guess

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
Now at level 60 my wharf battle rating is over 100K

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
Is there something to do at the Guild Hall other than collect devotion rewards? Sometimes I have a red dot there and I can't figure out what it is indicating.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

After another day, yeah, I'm pretty sure Ancient Arena does not tick its rewards up while you are offline. Sucks.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Tsurupettan posted:

After another day, yeah, I'm pretty sure Ancient Arena does not tick its rewards up while you are offline. Sucks.

The points with the shield icon? you still get those. I have a few hundred every time I log in the morning generally, and there's always more whenever I have time to log in throughout the day.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Jamwad Hilder posted:

The points with the shield icon? you still get those. I have a few hundred every time I log in the morning generally, and there's always more whenever I have time to log in throughout the day.

I cleaned them out when I went to bed at 11 last night and closed the game. I woke up at 8 this morning and I had 78 available. I should be getting 40/hr.

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009

Tsurupettan posted:

I cleaned them out when I went to bed at 11 last night and closed the game. I woke up at 8 this morning and I had 78 available. I should be getting 40/hr.

The wording on the rules seem to imply that rewards only accumulate from 9am to 9pm EST. Are you PST?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

DarciisFyer posted:

The wording on the rules seem to imply that rewards only accumulate from 9am to 9pm EST. Are you PST?

No, I'm EST. I guess I just am bad at reading.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I was asked to post (almost) max level Athena stats

This is 5 stars, level 79:
Skill A: Enhance attack power + heal for 8532. I'm not sure how much the attack bonus is, it doesn't give you a concrete number. Stands to reason it's the same as for skill B though (3 per level)
Skill B: Add 237 rage + heal for 8532.

Both seem to increase at +3 rage/attack and 108 health per level. So at 80, it'll be 240 and 8640. At lower levels it may be different though. My skills changed from green, to blue, to purple, and finally to orange when I hit 5 stars. I don't remember if spells were less powerful before, but for some reason I feel like they were. I might be making that up.

Passive bonuses to all heroes
1 star: +Attack, 6 per level, 480 max
2 stars: +HP, 30 per level, 2400 max
3 stars: +Defense, 6 per level, 480 max
4 stars: +Agility, 6 per level, 480 max
5 stars: +Crit, 6 per level, 480 max
6 stars: +Dodge, 3 per level, 240 max

I haven't hit 6 stars yet. I can update this if anything is different. I am currently at 140/200 stars so I probably have another 6 days at least before I finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I don't remember if spells were less powerful before, but for some reason I feel like they were. I might be making that up.

The heals definitely scale with stars. 1* is 60/level, each additional star adds +12, so 60+48=108 at 5*. It doesn't look like the rage scales the same way, through, since mine is 222 at level 74 and I am only at 4*

• Locked thread