Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

CeallaSo posted:

With Beastfoe, Paragon and Olivi Grass? No, he'll be just fine.

Using him is pointless in the same way that using any non-royal laguz is pointless in that game, but that doesn't mean he's bad. Especially once you ditch his dumb half-shift mechanic.

Just because he's outclassed in 4-E doesn't mean he's pointless in Parts 1, 3 and the first half of 4. Do you think using any magic classes in FE7 is pointless because Athos is better for the single map he exists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

WrightOfWay posted:

Just because he's outclassed in 4-E doesn't mean he's pointless in Parts 1, 3 and the first half of 4. Do you think using any magic classes in FE7 is pointless because Athos is better for the single map he exists?

No, but what I'm saying is that putting that much investment in him is a waste of time when you could focus on, say, Nolan, Jill, Zihark, etc. That is, characters you can take with you who won't be immediately and utterly outclassed when you reach endgame.

Volug is useful as bait and protection, but like many characters in Radiant Dawn is not worth the time to raise fully unless you're specifically trying to do that (at the expense of other characters).

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

every character is a unique snowflake that deserves to be raised

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

especially lyre, endorph

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Ruggington posted:

Lying is bad, Ruggington. You shouldn't lie to people, or in your next life you will come back as Kyza.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
Ike this isn't funny

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Nages posted:

Ike this isn't funny

Well, uh... wow.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

he still has 20 levels to cap strength don't worry

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Nages posted:

Ike this isn't funny

Yes it is

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Myrmidonalicious

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Nages posted:

Ike this isn't funny

Roy, is that you?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
...At least he has 17 speed?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Wimpy Ike isn't actually that bad because Ragnell and, before that, forging. Not good but not unusable or anything. However, Black Knight fight...well, good luck.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Enjoy Ena

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

I am doing a female unit+Ike only run so I am going to need Ena to even be able to beat the game.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?

Ruggington posted:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Nages posted:

Ike this isn't funny

You need to give cooler names to your weapons.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Vegetable posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP-HUYkQnqU&t=788s

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Vegetable posted:

my forged bows for Rolf are all named Oscar so that the lovely brother of the trio can have some level of presence

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

He was very good at unequpping his weapons on that gaiden chapter where you can't kill radd and whatshisface

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Arran is good because you can reclass him to General to be 4HKOed by pirates on Lunatic.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

alcharagia posted:

my forged bows for Rolf are all named Oscar so that the lovely brother of the trio can have some level of presence

He is giving Rolf his power in order to turn him into a death-god murder machine.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Volug is the loving bomb and Lyre has potential validity in a run where you might seriously consider using Kyza.

Though most of those shitfucks could probably get benched once Janaff and Ulki rejoin, to be honest.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Beat FE7 again for the first time in almost 10 years. It remembers to be hard at the very last minute. I can't believe this poo poo kicked my rear end that much back when I was 13.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Beat FE7 again for the first time in almost 10 years. It remembers to be hard at the very last minute. I can't believe this poo poo kicked my rear end that much back when I was 13.

Is Canas Luna-ing the dragon too much like cheating? Because there's always that.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Man I'd love to play Fire Emblem 7 again. Like many it was my introduction to the series and it had a certain magic that no other FE game has been able to capture yet for me. And the story is pretty awesome.

Also Hector owns.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Rough Lobster posted:

Man I'd love to play Fire Emblem 7 again. Like many it was my introduction to the series and it had a certain magic that no other FE game has been able to capture yet for me. And the story is pretty awesome.

Also Hector owns.

Good news is with an emulator and a rom, you can!

Piss easy to mod too, the basic stuff at any rate.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
chapter 25: "strange lands," or, "an instructional expose on proper application of marcia"

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
vantage brave lance full guard marcia is utterly kicking the poo poo out of the top of this mountain

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
she's died twice now. even her luck cannot continue forever.

wish i had two full guards

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
alright, past that, now to perform the ultimate task...

using elincia.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

alcharagia posted:

alright, past that, now to perform the ultimate task...

using elincia.

Did you save up arms scrolls for the runesword?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Linnaeus posted:

Did you save up arms scrolls for the runesword?

both of them went to mist for her sonic saybahr so no

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

good luck

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
a favorable circumstance was me saving enough bexp to get her to level 5 immediately

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
man boyd you used to kick so much rear end

what happened

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
oh right, rolf

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
It would've helped if Elincia had been all "Oh yeah BTW I've been sorta trained to be a pegasus knight" back in Begnion or something, I'm sure Tanith could've spared a ride.

But I won't be too hard on her because compared to Ike's "oh yeah durr I've been carrying around that badass sword the Black Knight threw my dad that looks exactly his own badass laser-firing sword but never bothered to use it" moment, it's pretty tame.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I used Vika once.

She wrecked poo poo properly. It was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Ike has been in the gym with Ilyana and has managed to reach her level in strength.