Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

While this is a p fun video of a surprisingly not bad game, the glitch start around 39 minutes. You might want to tell us that next time :v:

E: Turns out timestamping did not work on my end :confused:

I guess most of us have seen it by now but here's BirgirPall's Arkham Knight video, containing some nice AI fuckery at around 8:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9C1rK9wOIs

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 10:45 on Jul 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Wheany posted:

That's just the game working as intended, right?

Yeah it lets you make custom animations and is very permissive about what you can get away with.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious

Fathis Munk posted:

While this is a p fun video of a surprisingly not bad game, the glitch start around 39 minutes. You might want to tell us that next time :v:

When I clicked on that link it sent me 39 minutes in, straight to the glitch itself.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Trudis posted:

When I clicked on that link it sent me 39 minutes in, straight to the glitch itself.

Huh, did not do that on my end. Welp, never mind in that case, I'll edit my post. :sun:

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

BattleMaster posted:

Yeah it lets you make custom animations and is very permissive about what you can get away with.

Now that it's come up, let's pre-empt anyone asking where this one went.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gjfZABX8Kw

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Is that a glitch? Just looks like someone's character punching an NPC.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Phlegmish posted:

Is that a glitch? Just looks like someone's character punching an NPC.

Raven's Cry is all one big glitch. More than anything it just amused me how he just goes right back to playing after being shoved.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

EdibleBodyParts posted:

Does it need to be an animal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc1EtY4Kmd8

If I could have easily added the Moon theme, I would have. It was playing in my head as it happened.
I love the annoyed "aww perfect!" like the cab flying away is just another minor annoyance in that random person's day.

Terminator: The Adventure of Joanne and Bob
(Runs mainly from 53m to 57m if the link doesn't bring you to the timestamp)

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I'm so happy people are posting Best Friends stuff in this thread. :allears:

If you want game glitches, just watch their currently ongoing Ride to Hell videos. There are too many glitches to post.

But, this one particular from their most recent video slays me.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

pulp rag posted:

I'm so happy people are posting Best Friends stuff in this thread. :allears:

If you want game glitches, just watch their currently ongoing Ride to Hell videos. There are too many glitches to post.

But, this one particular from their most recent video slays me.

Ride to Hell is a loving piece of glitchy poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA3vijm17Bs

E: In the same vein there is this glorious classic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7trmEmI5Js

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

In the PS3 version of Two Worlds 2 the analogue stick has no dead zone (or at least I think that's what's happening) and with older playstation pads the analogue stick is inevitably slightly above neutral position. Add to this the fact that movement is not disabled while you're talking to people and you get the protagonist just randomly walking around or away during important conversations. Maybe he's just easily distracted by shiny objects.

In Grand Theft Auto Vice City there is a mission where you have to ride a motorbike into an elevator to jump through a window on one of the upper floors. During the scene of the elevator going up the motorbike inexplicably pulled into a wheelie and began driving around it and grinding another elevator user's face into the wall with the front wheel.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

The Aphasian posted:

Found on imgur:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdJtw7vS1E8

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Fathis Munk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA3vijm17Bs

Oh my god the Wile E. Coyote drop at 1:39 in that video :allears:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
watch all of http://lparchive.org/Ride-to-Hell-Retribution/ please

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal

Fathis Munk posted:

Thanks for finally putting a name to all the gifs of it I've seen floating around recently. It being pulled from steam annoys me though since I'd totally pay a dollar for the experience.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_A5pNAcqGI

bucketmouse posted:

Thanks for finally putting a name to all the gifs of it I've seen floating around recently. It being pulled from steam annoys me though since I'd totally pay a dollar for the experience.

http://www.amazon.com/Ride-Hell-Retribution-Online-Game/dp/B00DCDTQHA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436327395&sr=8-1&keywords=ride+to+hell+steam

Not sure if you wanna pay 9.99, but you can still get Steam codes from Amazon.

Lord Chumley has a new favorite as of 04:52 on Jul 8, 2015

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

What the, how and why would this make the point blow up and why does weapon switching circumvent the fix :psyduck:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Fathis Munk posted:

What the, how and why would this make the point blow up and why does weapon switching circumvent the fix :psyduck:
When you reach the end of a Payload map, the bomb cart turns into a physics object so that it can drop into the hole. So, the trigger for the explosion is basically a big line that says "I'm gonna blow this poo poo up if a physics object touches me!"

There are a lot of physics objects in TF2, and the game's held together by the duct tape of nearly a decade of patches and content updates, so by now that trigger's saying "I'm gonna blow this poo poo up if a physics object that isn't this, this, this, this or this touches me!" And whenever Valve adds something that's physics enabled, they sometimes kind of forget to add it to that list.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

At this point wouldn't it be more sensible to say "I'm gonna blow up if this and only this touches me" or does programming not work that way.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Lord Lambeth posted:

At this point wouldn't it be more sensible to say "I'm gonna blow up if this and only this touches me" or does programming not work that way.

:golfclap: on the avatar post combo.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Lord Lambeth posted:

All code is terrible. All programming is nothing but duct tape and bubblegum that barely works. Nobody can plan for all the possible things that can go wrong.

Really you just get poo poo functional and then fix the crap that inevitably goes wrong as best you can.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

The Kins posted:

When you reach the end of a Payload map, the bomb cart turns into a physics object so that it can drop into the hole. So, the trigger for the explosion is basically a big line that says "I'm gonna blow this poo poo up if a physics object touches me!"

In an even more weird design decision, the cart is a physics object all the time, just restricted to a path. So unless the level designer is really careful, it can get completely stuck on level geometry.

Lord Lambeth posted:

It wouldn't be any harder to set up than a list of excluded objects.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

On paper it would make more sense but depending on the implementation it might not be easier to code that way. It's something that only the designers could really answer. If the game was implemented well then that option probably would have been easier (not implying that it wasn't implemented well, just that you can't really tell).

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
There is also the point where changing something retroactively like that can and most likely will break other things, related or unrelated. Especially after a decade of additions stacked on top of the original issue.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Rectus posted:

In an even more weird design decision, the cart is a physics object all the time, just restricted to a path. So unless the level designer is really careful, it can get completely stuck on level geometry.

It's also possible - under rare circumstances - for a large explosion or something right after the cart starts dropping into the hole but before it actually hits the explosion trigger point to knock the cart away, at which point it becomes a contest for both teams to try to physics it back into/away from the hole.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

President Ark posted:

It's also possible - under rare circumstances - for a large explosion or something right after the cart starts dropping into the hole but before it actually hits the explosion trigger point to knock the cart away, at which point it becomes a contest for both teams to try to physics it back into/away from the hole.

TF2 rocket league sounds way more fun than 90% of payload rounds so I would count that as a feature.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rectus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib9ZALujgVw

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

President Ark posted:

All you need is a liberty launcher and the proper timing. I've gotten it into the RED spawn behind the pit on badwater. :3:

Rectus posted:

Pick spy and go cloak-and-dagger on upward offensive. When the cart's in the mine tunnel before the second point, get on top of it and stand as far to the back as possible and crouch. When you see the front of the bomb leave the tunnel, uncrouch and activate the C&D.

When you uncrouch your head is inside the ceiling, which is bad. The game tries to correct you by ejecting you so you're outside the ceiling, which is good. Unfortunately you're now inside the bomb, which is bad. And then you activate the C&D, which for some reason causes the bomb to flip the hell out and go ricocheting through the caves like some sort of strange atomic pinball, which is good.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

bucketmouse posted:

Pick spy and go cloak-and-dagger on upward offensive. When the cart's in the mine tunnel before the second point, get on top of it and stand as far to the back as possible and crouch. When you see the front of the bomb leave the tunnel, uncrouch and activate the C&D.

When you uncrouch your head is inside the ceiling, which is bad. The game tries to correct you by ejecting you so you're outside the ceiling, which is good. Unfortunately you're now inside the bomb, which is bad. And then you activate the C&D, which for some reason causes the bomb to flip the hell out and go ricocheting through the caves like some sort of strange atomic pinball, which is good.

link to a video fo this because im too lazy to try it myself

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

Lord Lambeth posted:

"Sure I could do that. One line change. But it would break 57 other things in other classes which I don't even want to loving touch".

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

Suspicious Dish posted:

link to a video for this because im too lazy to try it myself

different bug same map same results (mute the audio)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a76BvXmYmXM

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Is it normal for enemies to die this way? Is it an Elven Armor thing?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj5_xbC_eUk Arkham Knight continiues to deliver many laughs :allears:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Captain Lavender posted:

Is it normal for enemies to die this way? Is it an Elven Armor thing?

If a standing person turns into a ragdoll with no force applied to them, then they often fall down in a really weird way. Ice attacks in oblivion and skyrim tend to do that.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kikas posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj5_xbC_eUk Arkham Knight continiues to deliver many laughs :allears:

This is the best game video I've seen in a really long time.

NuminaXLT
Nov 11, 2002

Kikas posted:

Flat man

The new Wile E Coyote game is looking pretty good.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I never knew a glitch could have such amazing comedic timing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5q7As-k6Qk
Bug or feature?