Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'll also take Garuda over Titan any day because Landslide is unforgiving on lag.

I play from Korea and never have a problem with landslides and lags. Plumes, on the other hand, are bullshit. I have to be out while Titan is still doing the move before them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Griz posted:

The armory bonus pre-50 is now 100% instead of 50%.

People keep saying this, but I think it only applies if your highest level character is 50 or above.

Unless the new armory bonus is tied to buying the HW expansion for some reason.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Really looking forward to savage alex now. Fights are all cool.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Really looking forward to savage alex now. Fights are all cool.

AT1 and AT3 are definitely my favorites, although AT1 is an admittedly dull fight for tanks, at least on Normal mode. While I appreciate the Quarantine thing on AT4 as a mechanic, it also feels like I'm not actually goddamn doing anything for 2/3rds of the fight as the OT.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

On A2 how does Regenerating EP on the mechs work?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Stormgale posted:

On A2 how does Regenerating EP on the mechs work?

Use Recharge on the red Gobwalkers when they are at 10% HP or less. Both blue Gobwalkers can recharge off of the same red Gobwalker.

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013

Erg posted:

People keep saying this, but I think it only applies if your highest level character is 50 or above.

Unless the new armory bonus is tied to buying the HW expansion for some reason.

Nope, if your highest class is level 2 your level 1 classes will get 100% bonus.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Which ones am I missing? Quite a few, presumably. I really need to get HLDR unlocked soon, though. Need that law.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Pharos Sirus
Copperbell HM
Haukke HM
Brayflox HM
Tam-Tara HM
Stone Vigil HM
Sastasha HM

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

The little noise when the missles get sucked into the puddles you drop by killing adds in Alex 1 is so good.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Vermain posted:

AT1 and AT3 are definitely my favorites, although AT1 is an admittedly dull fight for tanks, at least on Normal mode. While I appreciate the Quarantine thing on AT4 as a mechanic, it also feels like I'm not actually goddamn doing anything for 2/3rds of the fight as the OT.

MTing AT4 is really boring too because you also basically do nothing other than soaking orbs and taking lines.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

On the other hand, tanking AT2 is a glorious clusterfuck of the sort not seen since turn 4. Helps to have the other tank on voice chat.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

AT4 also blows for DRK in particular since you can't parry the boss itself only the dumb little adds so you lose out on reprisal almost entirely and don't get to kick people as often.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Ibram Gaunt posted:

MTing AT4 is really boring too because you also basically do nothing other than soaking orbs and taking lines.

Meanwhile the offtank is off in the CRAZY TUBE WONDER CLUBHOUSE poo poo talking the rest of the raid in /say

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Got to the enrage in A1 and the tank used the lvl 3 lb.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So what's the difference between the healers, roughly? WHM feels very direct and easy, SCH feels more like it's about shields and poo poo, and AST feels kind of like WHM lite but with some sweet buffs.

I'm looking into healing because tanking is boring as hell and I'd like to be more useful than just a dumb damage dude. I'm digging AST right now, but I haven't really played the others enough to get a feel for them.

Kuai
May 25, 2004

Tenzarin posted:

A1 has an enrage? :chanpop:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

Did it look cool?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

The little noise when the missles get sucked into the puddles you drop by killing adds in Alex 1 is so good.

:agreed:

It reminds me of the jetsons car sound kinda. Also that was fun as gently caress. :woop:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Can Miners do the collectables thing at 50 to level, or am I stuck doing leves until some point on the way to 60?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Kuai posted:

A1 has an enrage? :chanpop:

I think so, its called self destruct? Missiles weren't even spawned yet.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Can Miners do the collectables thing at 50 to level, or am I stuck doing leves until some point on the way to 60?

I've just been doing gc turnins because I'm boring :v:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
my quest for maximum swoleness made me Fantasia into a roegadyn before. i regret nothing except that my dragoon now looks less cool.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Tenzarin posted:

I think so, its called self destruct? Missiles weren't even spawned yet.

That's what happens when you kill one. You have to try to kill them close together. e: timing, that is, not position

Ibram Gaunt posted:

AT4 also blows for DRK in particular since you can't parry the boss itself only the dumb little adds so you lose out on reprisal almost entirely and don't get to kick people as often.

On the other hand you can fly across the arena with Plunge and solo an add by yourself which looks super cool.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Yes, there are collectibles from level 50 nodes in west Coerthas (mining, 12 am/pm) and forelands (botany, 2 am/pm). The latter has a friendly bear nearby, so use stealth. Once you've discovered them, your process is basically toil -> collector's glove -> click item -> discerning eye -> methodical appraisal x2 -> collect x4, 500 GP required.

Assuming your perception is high enough for those 2.5 appraisals to get you to the minimum turn-in requirement for those items, that'll net you ~240k exp for turning them in, for each of those two gatherers, twice per game day.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Eej posted:

On the other hand you can fly across the arena with Plunge and solo an add by yourself which looks super cool.

I always ended up just getting the add that spawns right near the second leg so it wasn't as entertaining.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Vermain posted:

The tanks need to swap between each Discord in order to ensure that they have sufficient CDs to survive the tank buster.
just lmao

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Dukka posted:

just lmao

It might not be necessary but it helps when your dfed healers suck and can't deal with your tank using anything but the best of cooldowns.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

My group only ended up seeing the tank buster twice in our kills and I didn't bother CDing for the first and just popped shadow wall for the second. No need for swap really, unless you're also in the process of soaking orbs or something (which happened one kill)

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013

Eej posted:

That's what happens when you kill one. You have to try to kill them close together. e: timing, that is, not position

They'll also both self destruct if your dps is absolute garbage.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

After wiping 5 times we vote abandoned. I logged off and waited until not prime-time and 1 shot Turn 1. poo poo is easy, pubbies are bad, don't que during primetime.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Also A4 as a DRK is nice because you can Dark Mind the tankbuster.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
So, Alex 4 minor mechanics spoiler: In the last phase, the boss' big roomwide attack is an homage to one of the final bosses of Saga Frontier, Genocide Heart. Of everything I expected to see references to today, that was not one of them.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Klades posted:

Never not potato.
Excuse me that is clearly a short Viera. :colbert:

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Lalafells Mini Au Ra are the best race to play.

MohShuvuu fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jul 8, 2015

taels
Oct 19, 2012

K:CID:X
bout to run my first sohm al. does this drop the ilvl 130 green weapons? some some other nin with lvl 'renegades and i wants em, though id imagine they arent better than ilvl130 aug ironworks daggers huh

taels
Oct 19, 2012

K:CID:X
also anyone want a recruit code?

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
In Neverreap for Waukkeon the boss guide says leave the Mists up until he spawns the rest, but most of the time I see people start dpsing them right away. What's the correct way to deal with the adds during his fight?

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

ghostinmyshell posted:

In Neverreap for Waukkeon the boss guide says leave the Mists up until he spawns the rest, but most of the time I see people start dpsing them right away. What's the correct way to deal with the adds during his fight?

It's not a big deal either way, but it's probably a slight dps boost to ignore it until you have to kill adds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

taels posted:

also anyone want a recruit code?

me please.

edit: PM sent.