Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Holy poo poo at Quan Chi in today's episode. I don't know why that moment was funny but I think I nearly teared up myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Beef Chief posted:

That sure is a nice excerpt that Woolie looked up and in no way was ever actually informed about before he made the comment he did.

When Woolie is hyperbolic it is annoying and saying that people are committing actually crimes against humanity, when Pat is being hyperbolic it is endearing and hilarious because he's loving insane.

Except 'scam' can mean more than 'literal federal crime being committed' and honestly yea an 'educational' service that mainly focuses on pushing garbage toys to kids is not an awesome thing. He didn't make a whole video demanding we burn Scholastic HQ down, he got a little pissed about it and moved on.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I bought tons of legit (at least for children) books off the Scholastic bullshit back in my elementary days.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm not even disagreeing, though? What I'm saying is that Woolie mindlessly made a huge assumption and people are giving him poo poo for it, because people think it's dumb and he's not Pat. It's the exact same thing that happened with the JoJo ASB video where he mindlessly decried that game as a huge rip-off and that Bandai-Namco was scamming you because he and Pat assumed through very bad research that the game was making you pay to unlock characters and whatnot. I mean, he didn't end up being entirely wrong in this case and the ASB video was a whole video of that sort of thing. That being said making a grandiose statement like that because you're pissy about being pulled into an Animorphs game is going to get you some flak from your fans who are mostly in the age range of where those properties greatly affected their childhood and they take that personally.

Makes for loving hilarious videos though, salty Woolie is always funny.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I refuse to let salty woolie take my captain underpants from me

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
welcome to the super best friends play thread where we talk about why our favorite internet personalities don't like goosebumps

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Better than talking about why Dan Ryckert is/isn't a monster for his feelings on mayo

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Listening to the splatfest thing, amused at them missing why dogs won and just assuming the cat team didn't play as well :allears:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I am the Klonoa fanbase, come to poo poo on Pat.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Phantasium posted:

Please be gentle, he knows not what he has unleashed upon himself.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Listening to the splatfest thing, amused at them missing why dogs won and just assuming the cat team didn't play as well :allears:

I think Liam caught that. It was Pat and he doesn't even play the game.

e: As for Scholastic, the only thing I wish kid me didn't buy were the McGrowl books. Maybe the Artemis Fowl books too, or checking out Goosebumps if I wasn't a coward, but I digress.

maybeflan fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 7, 2015

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Oh god, Ride to Hell 12. The mental image of Obi Wan and Quan Chi loving killed me.

Veotax fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jul 7, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Phantasium posted:

I googled Klonoa and it looks like some kind of furry deviantart bullshit another universe's CWC came up with??

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I googled Klonoa and it looks like some kind of furry deviantart bullshit another universe's CWC came up with??

I will end you and everything you stand for.

Nah, they're fun little uncomplicated platformers where you grab enemies and use them to do double jumps which it uses for puzzle stuff. There's also a beach volleyball game for some reason.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Don't worry, I was kidding. I've heard they're pretty good platformers, just a mediocrely successful mascot series.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I don't know what it is about the idea of that, but it made me laugh the hardest I have I in years. Laughing so hard I was barely making any noise.

Maybe it just caught me off guard, I don't know.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
How is Liam only 23? He acts and sounds at least a little older than that,.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Jumping on the "Scholastic is awesome" train. I got loving Glover for PC through them, so they're the absolute best and no salt elementals will convince me otherwise. :colbert:

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I remember getting a Sega Classics CD from a book fair, which had every mainstay of the Genesis. Vectorman 1&2, Comix Zone, Sonic 1+2+3+&Knuckles, Sonic 3D Blast, Bejeweled (or a game like it, I can't remember), Alex Kidd, Golden Axe, and some other stuff.

poo poo was awesome.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Solaris Knight posted:

I think he started working from a young age.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

pulp rag posted:

I remember getting a Sega Classics CD from a book fair, which had every mainstay of the Genesis. Vectorman 1&2, Comix Zone, Sonic 1+2+3+&Knuckles, Sonic 3D Blast, Bejeweled (or a game like it, I can't remember), Alex Kidd, Golden Axe, and some other stuff.

poo poo was awesome.

Ausgoon here, we had Scholastic as well. Got Creatures 2 and shitloads of books from them. I went to a religious primary school, though, and they wouldn't let us order Goosebumps books :smith:
They were completely fine with Animorphs and poo poo like that, I can only imagine that one of the parents complained at some point, because they didn't bat an eyelid when I ordered a game about ostensibly about evolution. They clearly didn't give a poo poo about the contents of the book/whatever as long as it didn't have GOOSEBUMPS across the cover. I remember I got a detention one time for managing to get an order for the Goosebumps Pog book past them. After that I used to bring my extra GB books and cram them between books all over the library b/c gently caress the man.

Scholastic did have some bullshit in those catalogues though, and direct marketing can make people feel a little skeezy so I understand where Chewie is coming from this time.

Didn't mean that I didn't let out deep, rippling peals of belly laughter when he imprisoned himself in a Salt Fort of his own design though.

EDIT: I just remembered that the Goosebumps slammer was so OP I singlehandedly killed the pog scene at my primary school, AMA.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Solaris Knight posted:

Well, he IS an anime, and anime characters both never age and always seem older than they are and are thus given the wisdom and responsibilities necessary.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Woolie got so sad on the Podcast when Liam fact checked those two stories.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hey Matt, Berserk apparently returns on the 24th. Boatquest continues!

Edit: Oh my loving god this kart game looks like hot trash. The sprite work looks really nice but those physics and map layouts are so confusing and poorly designed it's amazing :allears: The split screen is even wrong! HOW!

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jul 8, 2015

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That frenchchat at the end seems like the most Québec specific conversation anyone could possibly have.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Rhonne posted:

Woolie got so sad on the Podcast when Liam fact checked those two stories.

Wasn't Liam wrong though about the Nintendo playstation?! that hasn't been confirmed fake yet so its him being a SUPER contrarian poo poo and I got really angry at him for bringing the mood down like that based on nothing.

Also this Kart game has nice sprites but holy poo poo the controls look like garbage.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Al-Saqr posted:

Wasn't Liam wrong though about the Nintendo playstation?! that hasn't been confirmed fake yet so its him being a SUPER contrarian poo poo and I got really angry at him for bringing the mood down like that based on nothing.

But Liam always is a contrarian poo poo,tho.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
You either have super wide drifts OR 90º turns everywhere, dudes. Also, the physics in that game are insane, that Canabalt level had sharp corners into jumps, and if you hit the wall after a corner no way you were making that jump.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dias posted:

You either have super wide drifts OR 90º turns everywhere, dudes. Also, the physics in that game are insane, that Canabalt level had sharp corners into jumps, and if you hit the wall after a corner no way you were making that jump.

That's my favorite part. Just barely tapping a wall is certain death! The physics are so genuinely insane it's hard not to think it's a joke.

That combined with the level bleeding together in incomprehensible ways that not even a minimap could decipher was nice. That ghost level and the first bendy level they played in the second cup came to mind as I had no idea where the hell they were going and watching Liam bump into a wall and get confused seemed perfect.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I'm incredibly relieved to learn I'm like 6 weeks older than Liam.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I will never get tired of woolie being salty over bid for power

IT WASN'T EVEN GOOD

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Krazyface posted:

I'm incredibly relieved to learn I'm like 6 weeks older than Liam.

I'm about three months older than him. You babbies.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Liam couldn't save the Ouya.

And that kart game looks like hot loving garbage to play.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Where's my front mission 3 lp

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Siliconera has a really REALLY good track record with leaks. Latest is Urien and Alex will be in SF5

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Welp, that's it, Ride to Hell has hit the bullshit Seinfeldian conversation stage.

Like discussing the ethics of producing children using Star Trek replicators.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I got confused because I thought they were talking about Star Gate replicators for a moment.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Wow, Kamiya openly making GBS threads on Inafune for MM9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I think that's the first time I heard french from Pat.