Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Jamesman posted:

Who exactly was it pranking, then? Was there someone in the plane that thought they were going to die, or was it just pranking people who are reporting the story about the prank?

It's pranking the people who watch it. The intent is to make a viral video that lots of people will watch and tell their friends they have to see it, too. All for the sweet, sweet advertising dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Jamesman posted:

Who exactly was it pranking, then? Was there someone in the plane that thought they were going to die, or was it just pranking people who are reporting the story about the prank?

It wasn't a prank, it was a 'prank'. Everyone there was in on it and it was designed to get her more attention. Any time you see her in the news there is a *very* good bet it came from her publicist. She's a famous for being famous person and needs that to keep her brand alive and the money coming in.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Birb Katter posted:

It wasn't a prank, it was a 'prank'. Everyone there was in on it and it was designed to get her more attention. Any time you see her in the news there is a *very* good bet it came from her publicist. She's a famous for being famous person and needs that to keep her brand alive and the money coming in.

Do the Hiltons even own the hotels anymore?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/XZW4j1R.webm

Source

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.
Hey could I trouble/challenge any masterful gif-makers in the thread to make a gif from this vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkPiRhZN4ZY
from 1:56 to 1:59, where it looks like the shark is babbling grumpily? Maybe even in avatar size as well, if it's doable to get it within the av filesize limit?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

VendaGoat posted:

If only Emilio Estevez were/was driving the boat.

gently caress, what's the proper usage there?
Subjunctive it's were, but was is accepted as correct because nobody gives a poo poo about subjunctive.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

Subjunctive it's were, but was is accepted as correct because nobody gives a poo poo about subjunctive.

Trap sprung, Eggplant Wizard Alt! :v:

Morton Haynice
Sep 9, 2008

doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
doop doop

Moacher posted:

Hey could I trouble/challenge any masterful gif-makers in the thread to make a gif from this vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkPiRhZN4ZY
from 1:56 to 1:59, where it looks like the shark is babbling grumpily? Maybe even in avatar size as well, if it's doable to get it within the av filesize limit?

Quick attempt before work. Couldn't remember the exact size restrictions. If you still need help at the end of the day I'll be back.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Someone found a way to run a scene from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas through Deep Dream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyxSerkkP4o

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

DrBouvenstein posted:

Someone found a way to run a scene from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas through Deep Dream:

Event Horizon would probably be better.

"Where we're going, we're going to need MORE EYES!"

and dogs!

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

That's pretty cool but I bet it gets annoying, as I'm just going to assume it happens every single time.

Morton Haynice
Sep 9, 2008

doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
...or maybe something more like this?

HOWDYHOWDYHOWDYHOWDYHOWDYHOWDYH-

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

DrBouvenstein posted:

This is insane, I'd love to see it done on the bat country scene with Tobey Maguire.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

DrBouvenstein posted:

Aw man why didn't they do that to the part of the movie where he's actually tripping.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

Evilreaver posted:

Event Horizon would probably be better.

"Where we're going, we're going to need MORE EYES!"

and dogs!

Except for the "in space" part, that's pretty much Bloodborne.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Calvin & Hobbes

Dragon's Lair

Ghostpilot has a new favorite as of 07:46 on Jul 8, 2015

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.

Morton Haynice posted:

HOWDYHOWDYHOWDYHOWDYHOWDYHOWDYH-

Hah these are both great. Thanks.

Edit: The first one even kinda syncs up with "I'm Woody! HowdyHowdyHowdy!"

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I did not understand that loving movie at all. Granted, I was like 17 when I saw it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

hooah posted:

I did not understand that loving movie at all. Granted, I was like 17 when I saw it.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

the people moving takes away from it so I removed them, a better man would have just froze them to watch but I cannot do that.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

hooah posted:

Its based on a novel by Philip K. Dick which dealt with identity disassociation, the ephemeral nature of reality, the cyclical nature of addiction, the ultimately futile attempts to assert control over human drives, and the breakdown of society at war with extrinsic morality. Of course it hard to understand.

Philip K. Dick's entire body of work can more or less be classified as a potent hallucinogenic cognitohazard, dude.

I mean, look at Wikipedia posted:

Dick recounted that as the sun glinted off the gold pendant, the reflection caused the generation of a "pink beam" of light that mesmerized him. He came to believe the beam imparted wisdom and clairvoyance, and also believed it to be intelligent.......

Throughout February and March 1974, Dick experienced a series of hallucinations, which he referred to as "2-3-74", shorthand for February–March 1974. Aside from the "pink beam", Dick described the initial hallucinations as geometric patterns, and, occasionally, brief pictures of Jesus and ancient Rome. As the hallucinations increased in length and frequency, Dick claimed he began to live two parallel lives, one as himself, "Philip K. Dick", and one as "Thomas", a Christian persecuted by Romans in the first century CE. He referred to the "transcendentally rational mind" as "Zebra", "God" and "VALIS".....

At one point Dick felt that he had been taken over by the spirit of the prophet Elijah. He believed that an episode in his novel Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said was a detailed retelling of a biblical story from the Book of Acts, which he had never read. Dick documented and discussed his experiences and faith in a private journal, later published as The Exegesis of Philip K. Dick.

Much like Tesla, his thought patterns were so out of step that you could probably call him insane, maybe.

Brilliant work though.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8a7_1436383744

:colbert: got what he deserved

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

drat that's a lot of racoons.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

A challenger has appeared

This guy is just watching from the couch

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1_8zHnvudc

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sappo569 posted:

A challenger has appeared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The only thing that would make this better is if the Raccoon was put into the scene in Gravity when the one astronaut gets killed by the debris at the beginning.