Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
Is it the new normal for 76mm shells from my M18 to hit Tigers at a flat angle on the side and do literally nothing?

bacon flaps fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jul 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
They added Jolly Rogers to the decals for 500GE :yarr:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Arcing a T-34 APHE round into the engine of a fleeing A-20G is the best feeling. :gifttank:

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

So just had my first match in my shiny new T-54 Obr.47 and drat son, this is the tank that fits my play-style. The turret traverse is a bit slow for my liking but it can be worked around. The gun is great and reloads fast, 8.6s with my crew in that slot, which removes a big part of my frustration with the IS-3 where I would get on a an amazing flank, but only have the ability to shoot one or twice before I am noticed. now I should be able to get three to fours shells off in the same time frame.

Execu-speak
Jun 2, 2011

Welcome to the real world hippies!

Wooper posted:

Everyone gets into LAME so you hosed up.

I applied to LAME squadron in game ages ago, what else am I meant to do???

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Another Spitfire video, short this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhIodoIlyRQ

Fighting constant snap rolls.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Friend or foe?

I keed.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Just played Finland 7 times in a row!

After getting sniped for the millionth time in RB, I decided to try out AB to see where people are hiding, where they are sniping from, and more importantly, figuring out where the safe routes are to travel from place to place (there are none). An interesting bonus of all those bright red tags showing up everywhere...

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

:shepicide:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Got my first Panzer IV and took it out to Berlin for a test drive. I made it 6 kills (almost all of the one shots) before they finally got me.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Execu-speak posted:

I applied to LAME squadron in game ages ago, what else am I meant to do???

Post in the thread to say you've applied. If someone applies I check the thread to see if anyone posted, if not they get rejected.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
I've just picked up the Yak-3 and jeez everything's gotten so much more lethal at BR 4.0, or at least it feels that way. Has something changed I didn't notice or are pubbies just better?

EDIT: Holy poo poo I thought wing-rip on Yaks was bad, Spits are even worse :psyduck:

spectralent fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jul 8, 2015

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Is Finland a T4+ tanks only map or have I been stupidly unlucky riding T2-T3?

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

MrLonghair posted:

Is Finland a T4+ tanks only map or have I been stupidly unlucky riding T2-T3?

I've had plenty of T2-T3 matches on the map.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Xerxes17 posted:

I've had plenty of T2-T3 matches on the map.

This is some "should buy a lottery ticket" level messed up RNG :psyduck:

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Inexplicably rare but it appears at BR 1 even.

I have no idea why but it seems tank rotation locks on one map for ages so tank maps are always very slow. Finland, meanwhile, always appears to be a one-shot map.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

spectralent posted:

I have no idea why but it seems tank rotation locks on one map for ages so tank maps are always very slow. Finland, meanwhile, always appears to be a one-shot map.

Its not a one shot map at Tier 5, seems the MM loves to use it for T5 matches and as a result I have played that buggy mess far to often since the patch has been released.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

ukle posted:

Its not a one shot map at Tier 5, seems the MM loves to use it for T5 matches and as a result I have played that buggy mess far to often since the patch has been released.

:gaijin:

Execu-speak
Jun 2, 2011

Welcome to the real world hippies!

Heliosicle posted:

Post in the thread to say you've applied. If someone applies I check the thread to see if anyone posted, if not they get rejected.

I did that too, about a month ago. My in game name is General Krull for what it's worth.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

spectralent posted:

I've just picked up the Yak-3 and jeez everything's gotten so much more lethal at BR 4.0, or at least it feels that way. Has something changed I didn't notice or are pubbies just better? Holy poo poo I thought wing-rip on Yaks was bad, Spits are even worse :psyduck:

Actually both the Yak-9T and 9K have similar or higher BRs than the Yak-3 (2xMG, 1x Cannon) so nothing should have changed. The Yak-3P was rasied to BR 4.7 and thus can encounter high end Props. While the Yak-3 (PREMIUM) is BR 5.7 and might actually get into Jet fights.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Execu-speak posted:

I did that too, about a month ago. My in game name is General Krull for what it's worth.

If someone rejected you ages ago your application won't show up anymore. Maybe try reapplying.

Also, given how full LAME is, I'm considering going on a Dryerlint-esque purge.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I'm on holidays till tomorrow don't send me to Siberia just yet :v:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Azran posted:

I'm on holidays till tomorrow don't send me to Siberia just yet :v:

Nah, there are enough people I've never seen on Mumble or playing in a squad once such that even if I haven't seen someone on mumble in 6 months, they're safe.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

spectralent posted:

I get Finland in a row so much that I'm starting to get bored of it...

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
I get it enough that I dropped a buck to get the 150 eagles I'd need for winter camo on the T-34-100 and boy howdy is it effective. You might as well be cloaked until you fire, and even then it's likely the Tiger II you shot at was scoped in and won't be able to spot you when he scopes out to look around.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

22 rounds of T34 spading later I finally got Finland :woop:
Then oneshot by an F2 from across the map. Felt pretty Finland in winter until then, or early-late Spring after a snowy winter with ice cracking up like that. There were winters back then where you could drive, ski if you were nuts, walk if you were truly hosed up from Finland to Sweden.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jul 8, 2015

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
The HEAT rounds the T-54 1951 gets are amazing. It's so nice finally being able to gently caress up every tank in the game, especially Mice. Now they're just big dumb slow lumps :unsmigghh:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Heliosicle posted:

The HEAT rounds the T-54 1951 gets are amazing. It's so nice finally being able to gently caress up every tank in the game, especially Mice. Now they're just big dumb slow lumps :unsmigghh:

A Maus driver raged the gently caress out at me super hard after I one shotted him by popping his massive fuel tanks through his front plate at 1700 meters on Hurtgen forest with those rounds. Hurtgen is the best for that since the spawns are in clear view of each other pretty much, and only the Maus is huge and slow enough to reliably plug at that range.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
Applied to LAME as bacon_flaps, I figure not solo queuing may be a nice thing.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Vertical targeting: yes or no? I'm not sure if that setting is noticeable at all unless you fly a 37+mm cannon plane and shoot all guns at once or something.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Being in LAME is the last step of playing with goons, have you done the others?
I know LAME is the coolest but both GO and GI has more spots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txDYfeinjHg

Wooper fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jul 8, 2015

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Trogdos! posted:

Vertical targeting: yes or no? I'm not sure if that setting is noticeable at all unless you fly a 37+mm cannon plane and shoot all guns at once or something.

No. It's easier to account for drop than to account for firing upwards if you're too close.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Trogdos! posted:

Personal preference, but I will say that it has very little relevance in RB, and none at all in AB.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Wooper posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ltvV7THBb0&t=50s

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Gwaihir posted:

A Maus driver raged the gently caress out at me super hard after I one shotted him by popping his massive fuel tanks through his front plate at 1700 meters on Hurtgen forest with those rounds. Hurtgen is the best for that since the spawns are in clear view of each other pretty much, and only the Maus is huge and slow enough to reliably plug at that range.

The only bad thing with HEAT is that you need a completely clear view of the target, you can't shoot through stuff.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Super Retard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvVa3W8XiP4&t=17s

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Applied to Get In as tigerisbadtank

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Wooper posted:

WoL has spots, ive been purging That and im prolly gonna change the name.

Dead Like Rev fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jul 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Please don't purge me from LAME, I'm only able to play during moon time but I have been trying to squad with the small collection of goons who are online that late. :)

• Locked thread