Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Sterling likes city
Runs like a little girl
Extremely bad

1/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Jamsta posted:

We [Spurs] have a track record for beating a rival to a hotly wanted play, and said player then under performing. I'm hoping not this time....

nice try but bournemouth are now our rivals (boscombe second)

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

sassassin posted:

It's Atletico that might get sued. Spurs have done nothing (legally) wrong (in this specific instance).

What I don't get is if Southampton had an option to buy for £6.8m, why didn't they submit an offer the first day they could?

I'm wondering if they knew Alderweireld wasn't interested in signing for them, but they still wanted that £1.5m from Atletico.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ewar Woowar posted:

We're in a great position because we can charge a gently caress load more than he's worth and know that someone will pay it.

Sterling is a good player with the potential to be very good but he's never going to be worth fifty million loving pounds. Personally I think there's a good chance he peaks early like every young English winger.

Lol

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
Damian posted a goodbye tweet saying he was moving but it got deleted

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
He ran for a season
Now leaving the slips behind
Multiple Subway

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Given the way Sterling has handled himself this past season and the people he's choosing to associate with, I think it's easy to believe that he'll fizzle out due to mentality issues, but it's easy to look like you're not the real deal when the team you're on is unbalanced, underperforming, and defensively weak. Liverpool were horrific on all levels this past season.

He could easily get better if he keeps getting playing time as he's still super young. Also, he'll have CL-level coaching and management too. I'd prefer it if he just sucked after he left, but my wishing that won't make it true.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
who the hell is this Darmian guy is he any good? mods? GG pls...

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Brony Car posted:

Also, he'll have CL-level coaching and management too.

I thought he was going to Man City?

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

not surprised tbh, probably feels like rodgers used every opportunity to try and push him into a contract renewal and didn't defend him when he wanted some slack

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Hardflip posted:

not surprised tbh, probably feels like rodgers used every opportunity to try and push him into a contract renewal and didn't defend him when he wanted some slack

If someones bossing you around like that its no wonder you'd want to leave. I had a similar situation happen with a team I played with on Fifa.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

excuse me lady posted:

He's good. Probably the best fullback/wingback in Italy over the past couple of years - at least out of the ones that actually try to defend. And he can play on either side.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ban all posters who hadn't heard of a 25-year old Italian international full-back before he moved to United.

Read a book ffs (books are as slow and boring as Serie A).

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Brony Car posted:

Given the way Sterling has handled himself this past season and the people he's choosing to associate with, I think it's easy to believe that he'll fizzle out due to mentality issues, but it's easy to look like you're not the real deal when the team you're on is unbalanced, underperforming, and defensively weak. Liverpool were horrific on all levels this past season.

He could easily get better if he keeps getting playing time as he's still super young. Also, he'll have CL-level coaching and management too. I'd prefer it if he just sucked after he left, but my wishing that won't make it true.

His finishing is so bad I don't think he can be fixed. Sever.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

What I don't get is if Southampton had an option to buy for £6.8m, why didn't they submit an offer the first day they could?

I'm wondering if they knew Alderweireld wasn't interested in signing for them, but they still wanted that £1.5m from Atletico.

It kind of sounds like Atletico had some kind of period where they could pay Southampton like 1.5 m to release themselves from the 6.8m buyout clause. Presumably, Southampton had to wait till that was completed and by then Spurs hijacked it.

So hopefully Atletico pays some money in court and Spurs have a cool and good defense this year.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Books are cool and good.

I think City are going to wait and see how big a tantrum Raheem is willing to throw before coming back with a lower bid. Liverpool should have taken the £40mil.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
So since last season we've sold Clyne, failed to keep Alderweireld and both Bertrand and Forster are injured.

The start of the season is going to be rough.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

excuse me lady posted:

He's very good, versatile, offers plenty going forward and in defense. Good signing, a steal at that price. One of the only few Italy internationals who has yet to put in a completely embarrassing shift in a blue shirt.

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

The Big Taff Man posted:

If someones bossing you around like that its no wonder you'd want to leave. I had a similar situation happen with a team I played with on Fifa.

well it's almost like rodgers wouldn't shut up and kept taking things too far and having a laugh about it in public, also a similar situation to a person i played with in a fifa pro club. weird coincidence

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

He's very good, versatile, offers plenty going forward and in defense. Good signing, a steal at that price. One of the only few Italy internationals who has yet to put in a completely embarrassing shift in a blue shirt.

An actual value for money signing :toot:

Sounds good. Do you think he's strong enough/quick enough for the PL?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Starsnostars posted:

So since last season we've sold Luke Shaw and Rickie Lambert, failed to keep Chambers and Lallana, and Jay Rodriguez is injured.

The start of the season is going to be rough.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Carli Lloyd is a big Liverpool fan and was the greatest player of all time this past Sunday. Maybe Liverpool can spend any Sterling money on her.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

PirateBob posted:

An actual value for money signing :toot:

Sounds good. Do you think he's strong enough/quick enough for the PL?

He's fast enough but he gets shoved around easily. He needed to bulk up anyway.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Brony Car posted:

Carli Lloyd is a big Liverpool fan and was the greatest player of all time this past Sunday. Maybe Liverpool can spend any Sterling money on her.

Brenda's got an eye for the ladies, don't worry about that.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
For some reason Galatasaray have taken the perma-crocked Karacan on a free and are going to pay him €600k a year

Lightbulb Grease
Aug 9, 2006

Oh, hi girls. Tom Cruise here.
Soiled Meat
Palace close to signing Cabaye for £10 million, but it's not a done deal yet.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

trem_two posted:

He's good. Probably the best fullback/wingback in Italy over the past couple of years - at least out of the ones that actually try to defend. And he can play on either side.

Big Steve Lichtsteiner would like to have a word

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

For some reason Galatasaray have taken the perma-crocked Karacan on a free and are going to pay him €600k a year

Turkey have relxed their foreigners rules so the big clubs are desperately buying up anyone willing to get stabbed to death on derby day.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Newcastle have supposedly had €16m bids for Wijnaldum and Mitrovic accepted. I don't know much about either

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Robin Van Persie could be leaving for less than £5m... :smith:

On the one hand I'm pleased to see that LVG is being ruthless, even towards his favorite player. On the other hand, the fee is pitiful for someone who will probably have several good seasons in the Turkish league. Though, you have to consider that we will no longer be paying his £240k p/w wages.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Arteta signed for another year. I don't like this.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

PirateBob posted:

I love this. :allears:

triple sulk posted:

I don't mind this.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

PirateBob posted:

Totally not surprising at all. RVP was 29 when United signed him to stroke SAF's ego knowing full well he wouldn't have any resell value.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

triple sulk posted:

LOL loving hell. He's so past it ffs.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

triple sulk posted:

That puts to bed the dream of Arsenal bringing in a quality DM.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

sassassin posted:

Delph has asked Micah about life at City, so that's one less home-grown player they need, and £10m less cash they have lying around.

infinity - £10m is still infinity

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Rumour out of MARCA has it Iker Casillas to Porto is happening today...

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012

Jose posted:

Newcastle have supposedly had €16m bids for Wijnaldum and Mitrovic accepted. I don't know much about either

Mitrovic is pretty much a Serbian Balotelli. He could be really good if he wants to but seems to have difficulty motivating himself to work hard.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Walh Hara posted:

Mitrovic is pretty much a Serbian Balotelli. He could be really good if he wants to but seems to have difficulty motivating himself to work hard.

He's a shithouse clogger for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

sassassin posted:

He's a shithouse clogger for sure.
:getin:

Have to say I'd hoped Newcastle's defense would be shored up before improving other areas but I wouldn't turn either of them down. Good on Penfold if he pulls it off.

• Locked thread