Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

krushgroove posted:

Yeah, same for sure

I'll catch up with you in two weeks then =)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Bah. My work schedule means I missed out on wave 1. Oh well!

Not going to invest much into this one after the switcheroo from last one resulting in me getting stuck with a bunch of stock I've had a hard time selling(Khanjira and Dragons Don't Share in particular).

Speaking of, I'm offering everything I have in stock from the Bones 2 KS for 25% off.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Is anyone else stuck in the Sisyphean ordeal of "Your pledge is still processing, please try again momentarily" for the past two hours, or is it just me? (Complaints of that nature seem to have petered out on the comments page.)

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Is anyone else stuck in the Sisyphean ordeal of "Your pledge is still processing, please try again momentarily" for the past two hours, or is it just me? (Complaints of that nature seem to have petered out on the comments page.)

Yep, still chugging along. I ended up registering a second account to grab a spot of wave 2 just in case, but I'll be real annoyed if the wave 1 pledge falls through after I was one of the first hundred to bid for one.

That aside, I'm happy to see more dungeon decor type stuff coming into the mix and hope there's even more of it in the pipeline!

Edit: Finally got the email of my pledge clearing and it's showing it in at wave 1, so I'm pretty happy about that.

GaistHeidegger fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 7, 2015

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

thespaceinvader posted:

I'll catch up with you in two weeks then =)

Deffo! Still not sure if I'll drop to just one dollar and tack on certain models/paints or what...I'll have to see what gets offered. Like Bones 1 & 2 I want the big models, which will inevitably sit on a shelf until Bones 4...

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I saw someone in the comments note that they were having the "processing pledge" issue, so they changed their credit card and that apparently bumped something in the system and it went through almost immediately. Probably worth a try. :)

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
I also just got my confirmation email--Wave 1! Thanks for the moral support!

e: GaistHeidegger: :hfive:

Dr. Gargunza fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jul 7, 2015

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
The Paladins look like they will be suitable for any number of wargaming proxies.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Mousling Conan and Red Sonja. What's not to like?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Captain Invictus posted:

Bah. My work schedule means I missed out on wave 1. Oh well!

Not going to invest much into this one after the switcheroo from last one resulting in me getting stuck with a bunch of stock I've had a hard time selling(Khanjira and Dragons Don't Share in particular).

Speaking of, I'm offering everything I have in stock from the Bones 2 KS for 25% off.

What was the switcheroo?

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Sefer posted:

What was the switcheroo?

The estimated sale prices for the bigger things were way higher than they actually turned out to be.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah. iirc the original estimated price for DDS was 125, and Khanjira was 90.

That's...quite a ways off from the price they arrived at. I recall hearing they figured out some way to make it much cheaper, which is great! Unless you're buying to sell later.

Still, I made back about half of what I put in, and still have quite a lot of stock. I'll come out on top in the end regardless, but it'll be quite a bit less than estimated. If nothing else it'll probably wind up with me getting to keep what I want, make a few hundred bucks, and that'll be that. Not ideal, but not a catastrophe either.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I'm tempted to get a set of those crusaders and see if they'll be convertible into pre-heresy marines somehow. If not, they'll be usable as generic knights for wargames/RPGs like someone said. At five for $8 it seems hard to go too far wrong.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

JerryLee posted:

I'm tempted to get a set of those crusaders and see if they'll be convertible into pre-heresy marines somehow. If not, they'll be usable as generic knights for wargames/RPGs like someone said. At five for $8 it seems hard to go too far wrong.

You could always make them Crusaders for an Inquisitorial warband.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

In for a dollar. It seems the theme to the core set is "the kickstarter for those who missed the previous kickstarters".

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

So far I want more of the addons than core figures. The Crusaders and Frost Giants look incredible, and huge gently caress-off dragons are an awesome deal if you don't already own a few of them.

Can you go in for $100 Wave (something) shipping and then opt for $100 worth of addons instead of the core set?

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

moths posted:

So far I want more of the addons than core figures. The Crusaders and Frost Giants look incredible, and huge gently caress-off dragons are an awesome deal if you don't already own a few of them.

Can you go in for $100 Wave (something) shipping and then opt for $100 worth of addons instead of the core set?

You can always just use the generic Thank You! pledge for this, I thought?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Aw poo poo. I got a Wave 2 core pledge because I was rushing on my phone and misunderstood the $1 pledge as "You'll get your stuff after everybody else."

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
The $1 pledge is usually used, though I don't think the pledge manager actually cares which level you pledge at so long as the money clears.

moths posted:

Aw poo poo. I got a Wave 2 core pledge because I was rushing on my phone and misunderstood the $1 pledge as "You'll get your stuff after everybody else."

Not entirely wrong. The $1 pledges currently up are Wave 4, so they would go after your wave 2 pledge.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

JackMann posted:

The $1 pledge is usually used, though I don't think the pledge manager actually cares which level you pledge at so long as the money clears.

Yeah it's been forever but I think you'll end up with $100 credited, not necessarily an auto-assigned core set.

Worst-case scenario, email Reaper customer service after the campaign and let them know, they're very helpful.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

moths posted:

Yup.

Source: On the KS FAQ, Reaper notes that even if you pledge one of the $100 tiers, you have to pick 'Core Set' in the pledge manager to actually get a core set, so you can just not pick 'Core Set' and use your $100 as you see fit.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Ok cool. The core set will almost certainly flesh out anyway and I'll end up wanting it.

^^^ Excellent!

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

I really want those Starcraft Marines there in the addons. Might at least get a set or two of them.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Can I pledge $1 now and still get the coreset when the pledge manager comes out and I know what my funds will look like?

EverettLO
Jul 2, 2007
I'm a lurker no more

omnibobb posted:

Can I pledge $1 now and still get the coreset when the pledge manager comes out and I know what my funds will look like?

Yes, once you get in for any amount, you can adjust it all later in the pledge manager.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
That stonehenge looks pretty sweet for $15

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
In for a buck on Wave 4. I missed the first two and this is my first Kickstarter, can someone go over how this works? Can I just up my pledge by $99 later on and get the whole shebang or do I have to do that now with one of the $100 pledges?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The buck is your foot in the door to everything else.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Super Waffle posted:

In for a buck on Wave 4. I missed the first two and this is my first Kickstarter, can someone go over how this works? Can I just up my pledge by $99 later on and get the whole shebang or do I have to do that now with one of the $100 pledges?

To expand on that, if you pledge a buck, you can increase your pledge just as much as you want. When the pledge manager comes out, you'll be able to use that as credit to "buy" the different add-ons, including core sets. So, if you pledge 50 bucks, you could get, say, the two bigger dragons, the frost giants, and the corsairs. If you pledge a hundred bucks, you could get the core set, or you could get the two big dragons, the paint, two sets of frost giants, two smaller dragons, and a set of mouslings. Now, you will almost certainly be allowed to increase your pledge after the Kickstarter is over. So you could pledge a buck now and increase it down the line when you have more scratch. That said, it's generally better to pledge what you can now, because money pledged after the Kickstarter's over doesn't count for unlocking new models.

Optimal plan is figure out what you're willing and able to spend right now. Like, I'll probably go in for a few hundred. I might increase it later, but I know what I'm able and willing to toss at the project now. However, if you see more stuff you really want, but you don't really want to spend that money just now (bills coming due, etc.) just pledge a smaller amount and fill it out later when the pledge manager comes out.

JackMann fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jul 8, 2015

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

I'm in for a buck, because I'm already spending big in the Deadzone Infestation pledge manager in July, so I really can't have Reaper III hitting my bank account right when it ends. I'll almost certainly go for a fair bit of stuff in the Pledge Manager, though! I have tons of Bones unpainted still, but the allure of the baggies of white stuff compels me.

Minimum, like if my car breaks down or something, I expect to grab a couple sets of the not-Starcraft Marines. I love me some power armor., and I have very fond Starcraft memories.

EDIT: Woah, I never looked at Khanjira's retail price. $50? I'mma need to get one sometime.

Esser-Z fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jul 8, 2015

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

This wave thing is really dumb. Who needs to get their minis to sit on a shelf unpainted faster?

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

djfooboo posted:

This wave thing is really dumb. Who needs to get their minis to sit on a shelf unpainted faster?

People who don't have unpainted minis from Bones I and II. People who are not me.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

djfooboo posted:

It prevents people from getting pissed when they don't have their stuff months after other people got it.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Core set is up to 92 minis, bringing us nearly up to the $1/mini mark.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

It's dumb. A wave six guy has to wait months for his one single figure if a problem holds up something in an unrelated a wave one order.

E: vvv no, it's exactly what happened last time.

moths fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 8, 2015

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

moths posted:

It's dumb. A wave six guy has to wait months for his one single figure if a problem holds up something in an unrelated a wave one order.

That's actually not true at all. Last time when wave 1 stuff to specific countries was giving them grief they just moved onto wave 2 until the issue was fixed.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

moths posted:

Oh good, let's debate the merits of a queue vs. ad hoc shipping management again. We definitely didn't cover that well enough the last couple kickstarters.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

moths posted:

E: vvv no, it's exactly what happened last time.

Terrible Opinions posted:

That's actually not true at all. Last time when wave 1 stuff to specific countries was giving them grief they just moved onto wave 2 until the issue was fixed.

You guys are saying two opposite things. One of you is misinformed, or lying.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Oh man I didn't see the expected ship date of September 2016. I gotta wait over a year for my tiny mans :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

boom boom boom posted:

You guys are saying two opposite things. One of you is misinformed, or lying.

He's talking about international shipping problems holding up wave two.

I'm talking about production problems with a handful of models delaying everything because they didn't want to rustle any wave one jimmies.

E: IIRC it was figures in one of the core sets that needed redone. Everybody had to wait for them to get fixed and shipped out to wave one, even if your order didn't include the problem figures.

It pushed the whole timetable back a few weeks (or months?), when they could have just sent the affected order out later with a complimentary "whoops" bonus.

moths fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jul 8, 2015

• Locked thread