Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Tae posted:

I think that's the first time I heard french from Pat.

To be fair, he's said in the past that his French is rusty as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Rodyle posted:

Wow, Kamiya openly making GBS threads on Inafune for MM9.

where is this? on his twitter?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah

http://gonintendo.com/stories/237911-platinum-s-kamiya-says-mighty-no-9-is-an-insult-to-capcom-mega

Though not suprised. Kamiya and Inafune never got along.

Wasn't Inafune the reason why Clover Studio was shut down? (Hence why Platinum Games was born?)

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Shindragon posted:

Yeah

http://gonintendo.com/stories/237911-platinum-s-kamiya-says-mighty-no-9-is-an-insult-to-capcom-mega

Though not suprised. Kamiya and Inafune never got along.

Wasn't Inafune the reason why Clover Studio was shut down? (Hence why Platinum Games was born?)
That doesn't include the best one.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

The Kins posted:

To be honest, judging by how Inafune is trying to make new franchises appear BEFORE they're released and BEFORE he re-establishes his game making credibility, complete with kickstarters for animation films and other crazy stuff, really strikes me as a really cynical moves. Kamiya might be onto something.

I mean, Mighty number nine isn't even RELEASED YET and he's thinking of a live action movie. Either the game is a disaster and he's trying to cash in before people find out, or he's reaaaaallly overoptimistic.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 8, 2015

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

The Kins posted:

I hate this picture so much because it's constantly parotted everywhere.

I hate the crap out of MN9 but things taken out of context are just as annoying.

Also let's not forget the part where he made Marvelous lose 4 million dollar on a multimedia project that never even made it to the demo stage. So even as a business man he's poo poo.

HGH fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jul 8, 2015

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

So, I guess we should all poo poo on Inafune now until he comes to this thread and then apologize profusely.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've been making GBS threads on Inafune since he was still working at Capcom, get in line bitch.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Gettin' angry about video games that aren't out yet whooooaaa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dbxPBj4Jp4

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Tae posted:

I think that's the first time I heard french from Pat.

doucement

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I love Kamiya and am not the biggest Inafune fan but Kamiya is totally full of poo poo. Like my favorite bit is the "insult to his former home" thing which is the most Japanese Video Game Dev thing to say. Inafune and his team made Megaman, the Capcom board didn't conjure it from nothing, and Inafune doesn't owe Capcom any loyalty anymore.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Astro Boy motherfuckers!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rodyle posted:

I love Kamiya and am not the biggest Inafune fan but Kamiya is totally full of poo poo. Like my favorite bit is the "insult to his former home" thing which is the most Japanese Video Game Dev thing to say. Inafune and his team made Megaman, the Capcom board didn't conjure it from nothing, and Inafune doesn't owe Capcom any loyalty anymore.

Inafune didn't even make a mega man game till 3 let's not even pretend like it's his franchise originally

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

that's not even close to Century Gothic you fraud

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I thought Kamiya had gotten poo poo on by Capcom harder than Inafune could ever imagine. Why should he care if Inafune is respectful to them or not?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

This game is hype as gently caress.

"We doin' shmup levels?

WE DOIN' SHMUP LEVELS?!"

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Rodyle posted:

Inafune and his team made Megaman
:eng101: Inafune didn't create the Megaman character per-se... it's kind of a weird situation with a lot of different re-tellings... but from what I understand from the MM25 art book, he was bought onto the Megaman 1 team as an artist, and the player character sprites as we know them were already close to done, so he used those as a base for the design used in the packaging etc. He kind of stuck around with each successive game, growing in seniority, until he just kind of became the de-facto "Megaman Guy".

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
People never know that so it's always amusing to see Inafune pushed as this Miyamoto-esque figure when all he did initially was draw a box

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

A good poster posted:

I thought Kamiya had gotten poo poo on by Capcom harder than Inafune could ever imagine. Why should he care if Inafune is respectful to them or not?

Kamiya never got shat on by Capcom, what are you talking about? It doesn't even matter though because Inafune is a part of the reason Capcom is even in the state they're currently in. If he's being disrespectful towards them for whatever state they're in, it's just as much his own fault as it is theirs and Kamiya is also a pretty respectful person towards other people in the business.

Rodyle posted:

Inafune wasn't even in the planning stages for the game until 3, he just designed characters up to that point. There were several directors and producers who had their hands on Megaman until MM8. The Megaman series has passed through so many hands that saying Inafune is in anyway responsible for what the series became is absolute horse poo poo. It wasn't until Legends that he started being the producer on most of the games and guess what, the series had already started falling in popularity by then and shoveled out 30 different games that would ultimately kill it, because Inafune was trying way too hard to make another game that would sell millions, which he got only 1 of.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

This game is hype as gently caress.

"We doin' shmup levels?

WE DOIN' SHMUP LEVELS?!"

Treasure-made Astro Boy for the GBA, created by Treasure and presented in part by Treasure is a loving Treasure-rear end game.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
As one of the handful of Astro Boy/Tezuka fans this LP is going to kill me

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
This is one of my favorite GBA games and games in general, so it warms my heart to see Woolie and Liam do this game Justice.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Blockhouse posted:

As one of the handful of Astro Boy/Tezuka fans this LP is going to kill me

Right there with ya, buddy.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Oh man this first boss fight is rough

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Oh my god, FF7 remake leaker Siloconera said Alex and Urien are back in SFV, also R. Mika and Karin as well.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Tae posted:

Oh my god, FF7 remake leaker Siloconera said Alex and Urien are back in SFV, also R. Mika and Karin as well.

I can believe alex and Urien, but fukin R.Mika?! that would be quite something!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

I'm calling bullshit on Siliconera because of R.Mika (who Ken Bogard, which has been more reliable, said isn't in the game) and Karin (the whole we-don't-know-maybe-it's-not-true-but-license-bullshit deal).

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean we'll probably know tomorrow for sure whether or not that's the case since we're supposed to be getting a new character at SDCC.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Matt, Liam, and Woolie are going to Texas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GudlJTjobaI

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Beef Chief posted:

I mean we'll probably know tomorrow for sure whether or not that's the case since we're supposed to be getting a new character at SDCC.

I suppose so.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Al-Saqr posted:

Liam... a SUPER contrarian poo poo

YOU DON'T SAY?!

havenwaters posted:

Those poor bastards. Nothing but broom bristle mustaches and cheap terrible steak houses as far as the eye can see.

Also MATT, next time they talk over you to the point you have to be like "Nevermind" just start yelling at them LA NOIR style. Just all "SHUDDUP! TELL ME WHERE IT WAS!"

ALSO! I'm hoping for an even bigger hullabaloo for your 138th episode spectacular in 38 weeks.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

havenwaters posted:

Came in here to post this. If you can make it to Frisco, go see them. They are super cool in person!

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Photobomb!

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Charles Martel posted:

Came in here to post this. If you can make it to Frisco, go see them. They are super cool in person!

Gonna have to check this out. Hopefully one day they will feel up to doing a pre-show meetup type thing like the Giant Bomb guys do for their more well-adjusted fans....maybe??????????????????????????

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Wow Pat sure doesn't give a poo poo about loving the Tormentum LP right into the bad ending.

Maybe? I didn't play the game so I wouldn't know.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blockhouse posted:

Inafune didn't even make a mega man game till 3 let's not even pretend like it's his franchise originally
So what you're saying is he created the franchise because the first game was bad and the second game was pretty loving bullshit with legendary music but the third game is a work of art :smug:

havenwaters posted:

Pat you fucker go to more conventions :mad:

edit: oh Plague you magnificent bastard :allears:

https://twitter.com/PlagueOfGripes/status/618541069009944576/photo/1

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jul 9, 2015

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Auuuugh. I want to go to the convention, and could PROBABLY afford it... but transportation is going to be a bitch and a half. It's a 40 minute drive but I don't have a license, and it's 2 and a half hours at minimum by public transport... GAHHHH.

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jul 9, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

the second game was pretty loving bullshit with legendary music

the only part of 2 that's bullshit is the dumb computer puzzle boss though??????

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Ruggington posted:

the only part of 2 that's bullshit is the dumb computer puzzle boss though??????

That and the final boss, that floats in the air and can ONLY be damaged by the hardest weapon to use against aerial enemies, that if you run out of ammo for, or don't have enough ammo for, you might as well just die and start completely over on.
At least the games after that put in some way that was incredibly difficult, but POSSIBLE, for you to damage the final boss without the weakness weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Also the game doesn't have multiple boss themes. Even Megaman 1 did that right and changed the music up for the fortresses.
And no, as good as the music is fighting the final boss to the same bog standard music you've been hearing the entire game kinda takes away from it.